Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (19278 Views)

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Davigor: 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
If I am well paid by my said boss
Will say thank you but if the salary is small no thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by edungene7: 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
Outright nonsense the slavery mentality the reward for Labour is salary why should one say thank u when Itz not a gift the Nigerian slavery code mentality 99 percent of persons who do this are always cheated at work place they can't ask for other entitlement like bonuses and overtime

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by altteemy: 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
My staff thank me for the money and I thank them also for work well done.

All parties need to be humane to one another for a healthy work environment.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
Does your boss thank you for doing your job? Learn to be professional. Any workplace where you need to thank your boss for paying your salary is probably toxic anyway.

I should add that if you receive your payment by hand, you should thank whoever was responsible for dishing out the payment, even if the person is an inferior. That one is courtesy. It's like when you say "Thank You" after buying something from someone.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by felixawe(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
No thanks man.... You did the job and his duty is to pay yout wage as agreed, only thanks when he dash u money

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Zulu2022: 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
essentialone:

For giving you a job. And for keeping you in the job.
company way no b him own most time

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by essentialone(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
Emmaari:
My boss will always emphasize in our general meeting and will not fail to mention piple that always thank her every month after receiving their salary, I will be like thanks for the reward of my hard work? The only way I should appreciate you for my salary is putting more effort, sometimes despleasing myself to contribute my quota to make the company excel.

I always tell people who care to listen. Employer Employee relationship is not that of equality. It is a subtle senior junior relationship. (I deliberately avoided using the sensitive words Superior Inferior).

While it lasts, your employer is more beneficial to you, than you are to your employer. Most times, your employer can easily replace you. But can you easily replace your employer? A lot of people who were once employed are jobless today simply because they failed to realise that employer Employee relationship is not that between equals.

If thanking your boss for salary paid is how you can keep your job, until you get a better life elsewhere, do it. It won't kill you. Life no be always gra gra. Sometimes just use sense and climb to the topmost ladder.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by jojothaiv(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nairaland is gradually turning into a black market, where contents are hijacked and stolen from other viable and credible sources then toss around here...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by lilbarracuda(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
I say "Thank you" to anyone I patronize, sellers, dispatch riders, commuters even though I'm paying for their services I know I don't have to say it but I've decided to be courteous and you never know how a little gesture of appreciation can brighten someone's day. If I loan you money and you pay back I'll thank you..
Its about acknowledgements, gratitude and kindness. Now if you think saying thanks to your Boss is going to ruin your life good for u.

I'm just against those coming online to crucify those that do it and making them look stupid

SHALOM!

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Regex: 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
Why thank him? Did he dash you money or what? Didn't you do your job?
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Truvelisback(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
To fulfill all righteousness.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by gregng(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
Your boss should be thanking you sef...
Not the other way round
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by wonderr(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
Well it's as stupid as thanking the ATM for dispensing your cash
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Karleb(m): 9:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
Bullshit.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Lezzlie(m): 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
There is nothing wrong there, though it's by choice.

Your boss asking if you have received your salary is not bad either cos some accountants are dubious.
comments on Nairaland feed aren't compulsory so that they don't leave you looking sillier than you were prior to the comment!

Teach your kids some dignity and let them know it's even bosses that should appreciate workers more.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by sonnie10: 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
essentialone:

I always tell people who care to listen. Employer Employee relationship is not that of equality. It is a subtle senior junior relationship. (I deliberately avoided using the sensitive words Superior Inferior).

While it lasts, your employer is more beneficial to you, than you are to your employer. Most times, your employer can easily replace you. But can you easily replace your employer? A lot of people who were once employed are jobless today simply because they failed to realise that employer Employee relationship is not that between equals.

If thanking your boss for salary paid is how you can keep your job, until you get a better life elsewhere, do it. It won't kill you. Life no be always gra gra. Sometimes just use sense and climb to the topmost ladder.

Seconded. You said it all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by sonnie10: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
lilbarracuda:
I say "Thank you" to anyone I patronize, sellers, dispatch riders, commuters even though I'm paying for their services I know I don't have to say it but I've decided to be courteous and you never know how a little gesture of appreciation can brighten someone's day. If I loan you money and you pay back I'll thank you..
Its about acknowledgements, gratitude and kindness. Now if you think saying thanks to your Boss is going to ruin your life good for u.

I'm just against those coming online to crucify those that do it and making them look stupid

SHALOM!

Thanks for this comment.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by drezzyx(m): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
Why would I thank him? For what? I worked hard for it.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by phemmyfour: 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
ashewoboy:
A yes or a no.

Do you thank your boss after receiving your salary?

Use the comment section to tell us why you choose any of the above.
It's a NO
Only in Nigeria will such Nonsense make sense
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by BadEnglish(m): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
Na so I dey thank Fed govt every month end
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
I thank anyone that I have an engagement with, not just bosses or work environment. I gave people free ride and still say thanks after dropping them off.
Although, I don't send text to my boss to thank for pay, but if I have any cause to talk to him around the period payment was made, I will acknowledge and thank him for that.
Pls, sorry and thanks never put me for wahala since the day Dem born me for Earth

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by david102(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
For me it depends cos I receive pay from different mediums as a part-time teacher.

Now, some schools pay directly into my account. For these ones I don't say thank you except when I receive a pay raise from that particular school, then I can call to thank the director otherwise I don't.

You see the ones that pay by hand, I just feel courtesy demands you say thank you when you receive the money as you're sitted there with them cos it will be mannerless of you to just grab the money, sign and gerrout. So, for these ones, I say thank you.
In fact, there's one that always likes to rub it in my face that she's paying me by always complaining each time she's about to pay that " parents have not paid school fees. That she's just paying me from her pocket... Bla bla bla.. hm. Now, when someone tells you that, she's making it seem like shes doing you a favor therefore expects some thanks or appreciation from you. You will just have to say thank you.

Case closed.

What subject do you teach?
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by phemmyfour: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
essentialone:

A typical naija reasoning.

You are an employee not a slave. In a standard international organization, you will be shown the exit door if you make such move

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by profmallor: 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
In developed countries, its a given - you get paid for your manhours. In a very corrupt society like Nigeria's you might have to say thank you for your sweat a number of times just to get by smoothly. You trying to prove heady might make you feel good, but might equally earn you an unnecessary delay in payment. See, if you are not paid, nothing would happen, heaven wont fall. Not of your threats can be followed up with an action, is it not this same Nigeria that millions have become incapacitated?.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Emmachimu: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
We should normalize being appreciative for everything we receive. Yeah, it's our sweat and energy, but think of it this way: you have all the skill and brilliancy required for a job but no organization to hire or you even get hired and the payment isn't coming forth regularly. You'll only be left with the option of complaining, so if you're working and getting paid, it would be a good gesture to man and God to be appreciative. I noticed people also hardly say thank you when they buy stuffs from sellers, like I know it's your money, and you paid for it. But what if you have the money and no one to buy from? I have the habit of saying thank you for anything I receive, whether I deserve it or not.
ashewoboy:
A yes or a no.

Do you thank your boss after receiving your salary?

Use the comment section to tell us why you choose any of the above.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ABDECOR97(m): 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
Salary nah yawa

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Emmaari: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
essentialone:

Nobody is talking about gra gra here, if you read my statement clearly I mentioned the only way to appreciate my boss is by putting more effort and quota and also despleasing myself to make the company excel, if only u are not hardworking or u are trying to be a notice me or doing eye service is when you need to thank ur boss for ur salary, my dear friend you are not dash that money u earned it with ur swet and blood, so why should you be thanking every months for your salary? Talking about employee and employer relationship it goes beyond thanking your boss for your salary, don't tell me you are one of those employers with such mentality.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
The lady working for me says it and I reply her "Thank you too."
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
Lezzlie:
comments on Nairaland feed aren't compulsory so that they don't leave you looking sillier than you were prior to the comment!

Teach your kids some dignity and let them know it's even bosses that should appreciate workers more.
Yes sir,,, Thank you sir
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by gigabyte13: 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
That time, l dey work directly with one indian boss like that, a very rare indain, e sabi give me daily bonus die.
Anytime l thank am , after giving me my salary
The man go para say
Na wertin you work for, why the THANKS.

NIGERIAN boss
Hmmmmmmmmm
Feel like you owe dem thanks for the salary paid to you.
They will even say, you are ungrateful
UNGRATEFUL KEEE YOU THERE

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Blake755: 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nah mumu dey depends on salary angry sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Salary Structure: Salary Of Federal Road Safety Corps / Free Tutorial Videos And Ebooks On PDMS Designs By Maridahconsults / Got A Job Through Linkedin???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.