Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (19297 Views)

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Ratorichie(m): 6:25am On Jul 31, 2022
No! Why should i? I am paid for services rendered, not for begging.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by kafeii123: 6:29am On Jul 31, 2022
Nonesense
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by TwistDThinking(m): 6:43am On Jul 31, 2022
Omo no thanks for work and get paid o!. I think it's useless to even think of saying it. This country where most of us are rewarded peanut for our labour. You work 7 to 7 for 30 days person pay you 35k. You open mouth say thank you. Normally as an entrepreneur you know much working those hours will get you no matter what skill you possess. Thanks my ass.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ultimateprof: 6:50am On Jul 31, 2022
Gratitude is virtue that everyone needs to covet. Saying thank you to your boos after receiving your salary is a way of telling God that you want to grow higher like your boos even far better than him. Let tell you, you're not doing your boos a favor, you're only doing yourself a favor.

In assumption, why do children tell their parents thank you after eating or when their parents pay their school fee? Is it not the children right for their parents to take care of them?

In consonance, when you're grateful you will receive more good things from our creator!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by NoToPile: 6:58am On Jul 31, 2022
Well there's nothing wrong with saying thank you but it will be more common in small businesses than big or mega companies / govt that pays salary to your account every month.

It's simply 'received with thanks' and it's being courteous, there's nothing wrong with it.

For me I do thank my overall area head for sending my units operating expenses, that one is direct cash, once I get it by hand I say thanks sir, if I am not at the head office as at when it was disbursed and he sends someone to transfer it, I always acknowledge ' Received with thanks sir' some area heads they chop the money, the unit head won't even smell it not to talk of the subordinates.

I disburse to my subordinates, I can't even remember if they say thanks or not, I am the one that will even call and ask if they have seen it, even to acknowledge they have gotten the money they won't. Me sef I have stopped asking, I do the transfer and I carry face, I wonder how hard it is to send a simple message 'money received'

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Teymanhenry(f): 7:07am On Jul 31, 2022
It's not right to thank him when he pays your salary, unless he give you some undeserved allowances
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by IMASTEX: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2022
SocialJustice:
Yes, it is foolish and stupid. Your boss did not do you a favour by paying your salary.
All this and more are applicable when you're in a functional society, an employment is simply a contract of render a service & get paid. They know the heaven won't fall if they decide not to pay you at the end of the month. It is just sadly a symptom of a failed system. Not to mention the limited job opportunities. So the employers naturally believe they are doing you a favour because one million and one person are praying to replace you at the slightest chance.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by TheGift: 7:56am On Jul 31, 2022
ashewoboy:
A yes or a no.

Do you thank your boss after receiving your salary?

Use the comment section to tell us why you choose any of the above.

That one no be job again, Na slavery.

My Boss should be thanking me , with a Bonus, for a Job well done.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Olatara(f): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Nigerian education cry
That's not Nigerian education, that's rural Nigerian education grin
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by funshint(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2022
Pure nonsense....it means you don't deserve the salary. He should take it back!
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:05am On Jul 31, 2022
Olatara:
That's not Nigerian education, that's rural Nigerian education grin
cheesy grin
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by SocialJustice: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2022
na2016:

Be careful with this thought pattern, it can land you in issues or career stagnation. A thank you won't kill or demote you. Instead it will save you some stress
Reason I don't work for fools or one man enterprise. Those guys are mostly insane and treat their staff like servants.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by kingmsookwagh(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2022
Thank him fire!!! Na free money?

Didn't I work for it??
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
After slaving for someone's dream and helping to build it then ur wages come u will still verbally be thankful... well u can say it out of courtesy but it's not mandatory
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by na2016: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
SocialJustice:
Reason I don't work for fools or one man enterprise. Those guys are mostly insane and treat their staff like servants.

Evenif you work for a government enterprise, you still need to show some politeness not necessarily thanking during pay days oo
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by SocialJustice: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
na2016:

Evenif you work for a government enterprise, you still need to show some politeness not necessarily thanking during pay days oo
You have no point to make.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by na2016: 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
SocialJustice:
You have no point to make.
do what pleases you, please
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Lovelydaisies: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
If it was when we received our salary by hand, I may have said so. It's not a big deal. Also, if my boss thanks me for doing a good job, I'll thank him for paying me. It's a two-way radio.

But if it is by cheque or bank account, I don't see the need for it.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ashewoboy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
MartinsGenius:

What's there in saying thank you , nawa for some people self , even when I go to buy something I really need like good Romoss power bank for my phone or let's say I got a Brand New phone I so much Love or even when I enter bank to withdraw money or even buy things from market I thank you for serving me well , I don't see anything wrong there, African mentality too poor Sha, white man will thank for any services offer to you

You dey do advert for romoss power bankcheesy
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by MartinsGenius: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
ashewoboy:

You dey do advert for romoss power bankcheesy

No am just expressing myself generally on what what could make me say thank you but then romoss is still number one
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Airoflaw(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
If i work for you and you pay me went due, you have my Thank you.
I myself will not be happy if I pay my gate man salary and he just walk pass as if it's nothing.
Do what you believe is the right thing to do no let another person put sand inside your garri becos somebody thinks your boss don't deserve your little appreciation.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by ashewoboy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
MartinsGenius:

No am just expressing myself generally on what what could make me say thank you but then romoss is still number one

cheesy. Make una patronise romoss. How many mah should we buy?
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by MartinsGenius: 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2022
ashewoboy:

cheesy. Make una patronise romoss. How many mah should we buy?
Haba this man told you am not selling though but you have nairalanders here selling it though, from 30000mah up heavy duty battery brick , 40000mah 60000mah never disappoint though
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Wwwq: 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
Why
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by kaywhy09(m): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2022
It's just a compliment, if handed in person.

It's absolutely unnecessary when it's received in proxy
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by pyro62(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
For me it depends cos I receive pay from different mediums as a part-time teacher.

Now, some schools pay directly into my account. For these ones I don't say thank you except when I receive a pay raise from that particular school, then I can call to thank the director otherwise I don't.

You see the ones that pay by hand, I just feel courtesy demands you say thank you when you receive the money as you're sitted there with them cos it will be mannerless of you to just grab the money, sign and gerrout. So, for these ones, I say thank you.
In fact, there's one that always likes to rub it in my face that she's paying me by always complaining each time she's about to pay that " parents have not paid school fees. That she's just paying me from her pocket... Bla bla bla.. hm. Now, when someone tells you that, she's making it seem like shes doing you a favor therefore expects some thanks or appreciation from you. You will just have to say thank you.

Case closed.

Hehehehe.. Correct guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Cypher45: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
Wetin no way am thanking him or her.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Doyou2019: 4:00am On Aug 01, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
Nigerian education cry
What do you expect when most teachers act like slaves.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Doyou2019: 4:06am On Aug 01, 2022
essentialone:

For giving you a job. And for keeping you in the job.

Dem don come. One-man business tin gods. LOL

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2022
You worked for it why thank him, you ought to enter his officer and woze him for paying it late. angry
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Princemoneyman(m): 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
The idiot waited till 12pm today before he paid me with frauning face like shit.
For my money again oo...
I don even type my resignation letter for my phone self. Nonsense.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Fortune118005(m): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Pathetic Slave. I know you would still have this mindset If possible you build your own business. You will be expecting your staffs to say thank you. You'll start hating on anyone of them who dosen't do so, You'll be like, I always thank and respect my boss when I was still a staff like you. Thank you kee you and your supposed slave boss there..
Take it easy o eww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free Tutorial Videos And Ebooks On PDMS Designs By Maridahconsults / Who Is More Promiscuous? Female Bankers Or Nurses ? / What Are The Advantages Of B.tech Over B.sc In Civil Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.