Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (19276 Views)

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
It's just courtesy... I thank my customers after receiving my pay.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Emmaari: 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
essentialone:

I always tell people who care to listen. Employer Employee relationship is not that of equality. It is a subtle senior junior relationship. (I deliberately avoided using the sensitive words Superior Inferior).

While it lasts, your employer is more beneficial to you, than you are to your employer. Most times, your employer can easily replace you. But can you easily replace your employer? A lot of people who were once employed are jobless today simply because they failed to realise that employer Employee relationship is not that between equals.

If thanking your boss for salary paid is how you can keep your job, until you get a better life elsewhere, do it. It won't kill you. Life no be always gra gra. Sometimes just use sense and climb to the topmost ladder.

It shouldnt be by false it should be by choice, I don't thank my boss for my salary but believe me I have the best relationship with her more than those that thank her, am her personal assistant and belive me I do my job very well, I can even work on the day that is supposed to be my off day or weekend just to appreciate her for employing me and to contribute my quota to make sure everything is in order, in my takes that should be the only way to thank her and appreciate her. Gerrrit

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by davidtemi(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
Not a bad idea, but not necessary

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Emmaari: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
essentialone:

I always tell people who care to listen. Employer Employee relationship is not that of equality. It is a subtle senior junior relationship. (I deliberately avoided using the sensitive words Superior Inferior).

While it lasts, your employer is more beneficial to you, than you are to your employer. Most times, your employer can easily replace you. But can you easily replace your employer? A lot of people who were once employed are jobless today simply because they failed to realise that employer Employee relationship is not that between equals.

If thanking your boss for salary paid is how you can keep your job, until you get a better life elsewhere, do it. It won't kill you. Life no be always gra gra. Sometimes just use sense and climb to the topmost ladder.
It shouldnt be by false it should be by choice, I don't thank my boss for my salary but believe me I have the best relationship with her more than those that thank her, am her personal assistant and belive me I do my job very well, I can even work on the day that is supposed to be my off day or weekend just to appreciate her for employing me and to contribute my quota to make sure everything is in order, in my takes that should be the only way to thank her and appreciate her. Gerrrit
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by AntiWailer: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
I thank the guy who served me at the restaurant.

I thank my gateman for opening my gate.

Even though my salary is not that kind that anybody is waiting for thank u but I will say thank u without feeling any craaap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
This nonsense usually happen In "Most One Black Man Business, Nigeria Exclusive" Upon the paltry salary they are paying. I use to work there then but anymore. Now I work with a multinational company we don't say thank you to anyone here..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by brightDdon(m): 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2022
ashewoboy:
A yes or a no.

Do you thank your boss after receiving your salary?

Use the comment section to tell us why you choose any of the above.

For me I thank,,,
I thank before feel it's a way of showing appreciation,,,my Boss sometimes call me to say '' Bright'' Weldon,,thank you..

Whenever she receives my weekly report,she reply with THANK YOU.
That's how we work in appreciation,,

Just this morning,I woke up to see an alert(my salary) I immediately send her a whatapp message saying,,GOOD MORNING,BOSS,, ALERT RECEIVED,,THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Fortune118005(m): 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
ashewoboy:
A yes or a no.

Yes
It's a normal thing and shows respect for your boss
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Fortune118005(m): 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
Na so life be oo
Life no hard

brightDdon:

For me I thank,,,
I thank before feel it's a way of showing appreciation,,,my Boss sometimes call me to say '' Bright'' Weldon,,thank you..

Whenever she receives my weekly report,she reply with THANK YOU.
That's how we work in appreciation,,

Just this morning,I woke up to see an alert(my salary) I immediately send her a whatapp message saying,,GOOD MORNING,BOSS,, ALERT RECEIVED,,THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Fortune118005(m): 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
davidtemi:
Not a bad idea, but not necessary
You've nailed it

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Fortune118005(m): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
lilbarracuda:
I say "Thank you" to anyone I patronize, sellers, dispatch riders, commuters even though I'm paying for their services I know I don't have to say it but I've decided to be courteous and you never know how a little gesture of appreciation can brighten someone's day. [/b]If I loan you money and you pay back I'll thank you..
[b]Its about acknowledgements, gratitude and kindness.
Now if you think saying thanks to your Boss is going to ruin your life good for u.

I'm just against those coming online to crucify those that do it and making them look stupid

SHALOM!
God bless you for those blessed words.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by nextstep(m): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
What's wrong with a little courtesy and humility all round? Even the boss is quick to say it's God (and not by his power). I say thank you to my customers, to my biz partners, to those who help me run things, and to my children.

In this country where contracts are not paid, or properties are demolished by government without warning, we are all lucky to see next month's revenue for our business, and to see salary.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by liver123(m): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
essentialone:

oga it doesn't work that way. Thank them or not once the have replacement for they will replace you. They don't give a Bleep about you thanking them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by liver123(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
essentialone:

oga it doesn't work that way. Thank them or not once the have replacement for you they will replace you. They don't give a Bleep about you thanking them
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
altteemy:
My staff thank me for the money and I thank them also for work well done.

All parties need to be humane to one another for a healthy work environment.

Some useless Slaves who call themselves bosses wouldn't thank you back. Some extreme useless ones would even take It to another level by not reading your message, forming busy Ignoring your message with their useless ego and pride. Nigeria has the most Toxic environment of work In the world..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by RIDOO: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
Saying thank you is just pure courtesy...lt's not as if one is not entitled to his/her opinion

Btw when you thank some bosses they will be feeling like a demi God.But it's always good to say thank you as the case may be.It won't add or subtract from you.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Shoodboi:
Does your boss thank you for doing your job? Learn to be professional. Any workplace where you need to thank your boss for paying your salary is probably toxic anyway.

I should add that if you receive your payment by hand, you should thank whoever was responsible for dishing out the payment, even if the person is an inferior. That one is courtesy. It's like when you say "Thank You" after buying something from someone.

Aptly Said. I usually thank people like artisans, market women, kids etc but I hate when a superior/client expect me to thank him "forcefully" when I rendered a service..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Blackestjunior(m): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

No. I don’t work in a one-man organization. Some of us work where thousands of staff are paid. Who exactly do you want to thank? Your unit-head? Regional head? HR? Who exactly?

Exactly.... Maybe their shift coordinator
Why should I be looking for someone to thank after getting rewarded for my hard work..
I only thank myself and God Almighty
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by coputa(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
SocialJustice:
Yes, it is foolish and stupid. Your boss did not do you a favour by paying your salary.
Yes,you should thank him for giving you the opportunity to work with him and get paid.if you're innovative and resources enough you wouldn't have to work for someone,let me tell you employee beg to apply but employers brags to employ.thank you shows humility,no employer want to keep a proud. employee,
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by MartinsGenius: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
ashewoboy:
A yes or a no.

What's there in saying thank you , nawa for some people self , even when I go to buy something I really need like good Romoss power bank for my phone or let's say I got a Brand New phone I so much Love or even when I enter bank to withdraw money or even buy things from market I thank you for serving me well , I don't see anything wrong there, African mentality too poor Sha, white man will thank for any services offer to you
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by bigpicture001: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
I gave. My dou workers a raise today.... No one thanked me , and I soon. Feel hurt. Honestly, dey deserve it
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Larryton(m): 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
This happens when you work for a small firm, in medium or big firm, you might not even have one on one encounter with your CEO, you deal with HR and your Line- Manager. Most of the things are done via mail. There won't even be an avenue to say thank you self.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Orosotare(m): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
Me that will even thank POS attendant for giving me my money, i don't see anything wrong there
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Ijaya123: 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2022
ashewoboy:
A yes or a no.

Does he also thank you after completing tasks giving to you?

Let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by coputa(m): 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2022
Blackestjunior:

Exactly.... Maybe their shift coordinator
Why should I be looking for someone to thank after getting rewarded for my hard work..
I only thank myself and God Almighty
So,you cannot thank someone that God used to put food on your table.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Goldbw122(m): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
Let me watch and learn, we learn everyday.
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Paramount01(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
For me it depends cos I receive pay from different mediums as a part-time teacher.

Now, some schools pay directly into my account. For these ones I don't say thank you except when I receive a pay raise from that particular school, then I can call to thank the director otherwise I don't.

You see the ones that pay by hand, I just feel courtesy demands you say thank you when you receive the money as you're sitted there with them cos it will be mannerless of you to just grab the money, sign and gerrout. So, for these ones, I say thank you.
In fact, there's one that always likes to rub it in my face that she's paying me by always complaining each time she's about to pay that " parents have not paid school fees. That she's just paying me from her pocket... Bla bla bla.. hm. Now, when someone tells you that, she's making it seem like shes doing you a favor therefore expects some thanks or appreciation from you. You will just have to say thank you.

Case closed.
you bSe where?e
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by barinedan(m): 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
It's a complete NO for me I can't be thanking my boss for paying my salary, I worked for it and deserve it, it's my right and not a privilege, it's the money I deserve after rendering my service and not a mere token or cash gift from my boss so I don't have to thank him because it's his responsibility to ensure my salary is paid at the end of service rendered

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2022
Fortune118005:

Yes
It's a normal thing and shows respect for your boss

Pathetic Slave. I know you would still have this mindset If possible you build your own business. You will be expecting your staffs to say thank you. You'll start hating on anyone of them who dosen't do so, You'll be like, I always thank and respect my boss when I was still a staff like you. Thank you kee you and your supposed slave boss there..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
barinedan:
It's a complete NO for me I can't be thanking my boss for paying my salary, I worked for it and deserve it, it's my right and not a privilege, it's the money I deserve after rendering my service and not a mere token or cash gift from my boss so I don't have to thank him because it's his responsibility to ensure my salary is paid at the end of service rendered

Exactly most of the slave bosses should be the one thanking their employees not the other way..
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Emmaari: 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Aptly Said. I usually thank people like artisans, market women, kids etc but I hate when a superior/client expect me to thank him "forcefully" when I rendered a service..
well said
Re: What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
MartinsGenius:

What's there in saying thank you , nawa for some people self , even when I go to buy something I really need like good Romoss power bank for my phone or let's say I got a Brand New phone I so much Love or even when I enter bank to withdraw money or even buy things from market I thank you for serving me well , I don't see anything wrong there, African mentality too poor Sha, white man will thank for any services offer to you

You don't seem to understand "This Type Of Thank You" When you work In a "Toxic Nigerian One Man/Family Business" You will understand sho gbo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free Tutorial Videos And Ebooks On PDMS Designs By Maridahconsults / FRSC Salary Structure: Salary Of Federal Road Safety Corps / Got A Job Through Linkedin???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.