Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking (16378 Views)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Nigerian Girls And Their Crave For Junk Meals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2011
its so sad that many naija girls today dont know one thing about cooking.sometimes i wonder what they learnt while at home.omo come and see some of the poisonious concontions that some naija girls prepare in their husband"s house all in the name of cooking.even sef some find it hard to even boil eggs.all they want is for you to take them to mister biggs or mcdonalds and feed them with ice cream and fried rice grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by tpia5: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2011
gaay alert.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by armyofone(m): 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2011
women are not born with pot, spoon and stove. better to go into the kitchen and cook. stop equating being a woman to mean cooking.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Ladytemi(f): 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
armyofone:

women are not born with pot, spoon and stove. better to go into the kitchen and cook. stop equating being a woman to mean cooking.

Could not have said it any better. The worth of a woman does not rely only on her ability to cook, there is nothing wrong with you cooking for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 02, 2011
armyofone:

Word!!!!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Bawss1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2011
Silly thread. angry
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by GoodWife: 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
armyofone:

I beg to differ. I am a woman and I think that it is the responsibility of women to cook. If you are a working wife, yes your hubby can help but pls ladies, don't tell them to go and cook themselves. Anybody that does not want to cook for her husband should stay in her parents house eee. Please don't get married.

Go and learn how to cook now before it is too late. Women liberation no reach for this one eee.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by jamace(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2011
Go and learn how to cook now before it is too late. Women liberation no reach for this one eee.
That is it. Please ladies comply o. grin grin I'm Laughing but it is a very serious matter.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by fishmanjoe: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2011
I wonder what this country is turning to, wither our culture? Im surprised that some ladies are defending others who doesnt know how to cook, basically a responsible lady must know how to cook or she will loose her home, nothing is wrong if the husband assist though, but if you dont know how to cook, how do u teach your children? Are you teaching them to be going to fast food joints, no wonder cancer is prevalent in our society, The wives of billionaire legal luminaries of blessed memories like F.R.A Williams, (SAN) Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) does the cooking for their husbands even staff!, who are you not to know how to cook good food for your husband?, better go back to your village to learn cooking and dont give your children cancer, diabetes etc with the junk foods laced with artificial spices, GOD SAVE NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by AmeboAjela(f): 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
lefulefu:

its so sad that many naija girls today dont know one thing about cooking.sometimes i wonder what they learnt while at home.omo come and see some of the poisonious concontions that some naija girls prepare in their husband"s house all in the name of cooking.even sef some find it hard to even boil eggs.all they want is for you to take them to mister biggs or mcdonalds and feed them with ice cream and fried rice grin grin grin

Speak about your girlfriend (if u got one) cos me and my crew know how to cook that you will make the kitchen your living room. lol
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by AmeboAjela(f): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2011
fishmanjoe:

I wonder what this country is turning to, wither our culture? Im surprised that some ladies are defending others who doesnt know how to cook, basically a responsible lady must know how to cook or she will loose her home, nothing is wrong if the husband assist though, but if you dont know how to cook, how do u teach your children? Are you teaching them to be going to fast food joints, no wonder cancer is prevalent in our society, The wives of billionaire legal luminaries of blessed memories like F.R.A Williams, (SAN) Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) does the cooking for their husbands even staff!, who are you not to know how to cook good food for your husband?, better go back to your village to learn cooking and dont give your children cancer, diabetes etc with the junk foods laced with artificial spices, GOD SAVE NIGERIA!

It's so narrow minded to say that. So Oprah Winfrey is irresponsible cos she doesn't cook? While it is good for a woman to know how to cook but it shouldn't define us. Nigeria is a part of this world and shouldn't be looked upon as an alien village in Mars. It is okay for a Nigerian guy to ask his girlfriend to give him head, that time it is not a taboo or western thing, but when it comes to cooking she has lost touch with her Africaness abegi! For your info the best Cooks in the world are men. They make the best Chefs. So what's wrong with a Nigerian man being the best cook? If your girlfriend or wife doesn't know how to cook for whatever reason, why don't you ask your sister (who I suppose knows to teach her?) or better still why don't you teach her yourself? Incase you don't know, please know it now. A lot of Nigeria guys cook well and some even better than their women.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by kabukabu(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2011
Its 2011 for godsake, if she can't cook she can least chop my banana well and do various sweet moves, the cooking I can handle grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by armyofone(m): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2011
aha! it made home page eh.

please we are moving forward into the 22nd century (with education and jobs), stop drawing us back with pot, plate, spoon, mortar and pestle and kitchen stuff/utensils).
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Rgp92: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2011
You really hate Naija women :p
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by claremont(m): 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
My ex-girlfriend was the worst and laziest cook on planet earth, she compensated for it in the bedroom though. Her bedroom skills is what made me stay with her for quite a while, her kitchen skills was shite!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Sunofgod(m): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
Dont blame the women - blame the parents for not raising them well.

As far as i'm concerned a decent girl should know how to cook and farm!!

If she can also hunt then that would be a bonus.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by software(m): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
armyofone:

please we are moving forward into the 22nd century (with education and jobs), stop drawing us back with pot, plate, spoon, mortar and pestle and kitchen stuff/utensils).

oh wow! really?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by software(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
Sun of god:

Dont blame the women - blame the parents for not raising them well.

As far as i'm concerned a decent girl should know how to cook and farm!!

If she can also hunt then that would be a bonus.

Hunting has to be a part of it bro, oh yeah, even she should know how to kill a cow all alone, oh yeah
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by ronkebp(f): 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
This guy really has 'niger babes issues',
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by jokingmary(m): 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2011
armyofone:

WEEK

W = Womens'
E = Education
E= End
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Sunofgod(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2011
software:

Hunting has to be a part of it bro,  oh yeah, even she should know how to kill a cow all alone, oh yeah

Thank you . . . . .

Its like 'University' ruins them and 'Nollywood' films ruin them more.

They have lost practically all the skills previous generations had picked up by age 12.

Its disturbing - even my own sisters (both grads) are pretty useless when I compare them to my grandmother (who only went to primary school)

I'll take the traditional woman over the modern woman anyday of the week - A woman who can cook over a woman who know's book.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by armyofone(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2011
ronkebp:

my sister how now, wetin person go do.

how is your moin moin coming so far?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by freeman11(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2011

please we are moving forward into the 22nd century (with education and jobs), stop drawing us back with pot, plate, spoon, mortar and pestle and kitchen stuff/utensils
[quote][/quote]).

aha and moving into cancer, diabetes, etc, hold ur peace
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by jokingmary(m): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
armyofone:

WEEK
Some people believe in WEEK (Women Education End in Kitchen) sad
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by software(m): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
ronkebp:

@ronkebp,
whats your take on this issue?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by armyofone(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
hungry go wire you, siddon there dey wait make my edu ends for inside kitchen.
by the time wey hungry fire you finish, you wouldn't know when you got into the kitchen to make yourself food.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by r231(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by ronkebp(f): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
armyofone:

my sister how now, wetin person go do.

how is your moin moin coming so far?

My dear, i know right!!!!!

that moin-moin- thing still dey do me long-throat oooo, i actually got someone to do it for me and i will pay her, so that i can have it in the freezer, thanks for asking,
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by dinggle: 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
Good for them, I ain't sad about it, I am sad for the blind man that will take them in as wives.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by armyofone(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
ronkebp:

My dear, i know right!!!!!

that moin-moin- thing still dey do me long-throat oooo, i actually got someone to do it for me and i will pay her, so that i can have it in the freezer, thanks for asking,
oh, sorry dear. i enjoyed mine real good wink.
my mom actually sent me a mortar that i solely use for pounding and washing my beans. so it's easy for me. their beans here is too hard jare  grin
i used 2 ata rodo, eggs, small amount of smoked red prawn/crayfish, 1 huge bell pepper (in place of tatashe) for mine.

girl, please o cook you that moin moin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by seedord247(m): 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
This technology of a thing don spoil so many things.

You found so many of them going online  looking for forum on how to cook.

that why i prefer most ladies from rural to cook for me.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by odumchi: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
AmeboAjela:

It's so narrow minded to say that. So Oprah Winfrey is irresponsible cos she doesn't cook? While it is good for a woman to know how to cook but it shouldn't define us. Nigeria is a part of this world and shouldn't be looked upon as an alien village in Mars. It is okay for a Nigerian guy to ask his girlfriend to give him head, that time it is not a taboo or western thing, but when it comes to cooking she has lost touch with her Africaness abegi! For your info the best Cooks in the world are men. They make the best Chefs. So what's wrong with a Nigerian man being the best cook? If your girlfriend or wife doesn't know how to cook for whatever reason, why don't you ask your sister (who I suppose knows to teach her?) or better still why don't you teach her yourself? Incase you don't know, please know it now. A lot of Nigeria guys cook well and some even better than their women.

Why do you think Oprah is still single?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Eat With Yam? / Kfc In Nigeria / Hungry? This Is The Best Place To Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.