Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,759 members, 7,955,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun (13446 Views)

Adekunbi Ogunde Releases Statement Exonerates Wole Olanipekun and Firm / Olanipekun Disowns Lawyer Over ‘Attempt To Hijack Brief’ From Ajumogobia’s Firm / Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by New007: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
AndroBlaze:

Besides you, I am struggling to see one sensible comment ..but if it's big brother or Buhari... they will come out in full force.

My two cents is this is overkill; the young lady, her father and Wole Olanipekun have been embarrassed enough which should serve as enough punishment. Why Akpata is hellbent on dragging this thing make me believe some sort of personal vendetta....I may be wrong but they all seem like a bunch of hypocrites to me.
Thank you! Others are just spewing nonsense.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by sucess001(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2022
datola:
This 'Olumide' Akpata man is funny. The lawyer in question is a SAN and should should be made to face the music and not asking Wole Olanipekun to 'rescue' himself as chairman of Body of Benchers.

All these people, once they have small power they will be looking for ways to pull down successful people from the West.

Lol. Pls delete this comment. You are so ignorant. You don't even understand what you read

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
DWJOBScom:
I took out time to read it up but it doesn't make sense

I think it's just bunch of men playing with words and phrases or the OP couldnt outline the text properly to aid understanding

Maybe because you've not been following the case before now.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
datola:
This 'Olumide' Akpata man is funny. The lawyer in question is a SAN and should should be made to face the music and not asking Wole Olanipekun to 'rescue' himself as chairman of Body of Benchers.

All these people, once they have small power they will be looking for ways to pull down successful people from the West.

Do you even know what's at stake?
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
AndroBlaze:

Besides you, I am struggling to see one sensible comment ..but if it's big brother or Buhari... they will come out in full force.

My two cents is this is overkill; the young lady, her father and Wole Olanipekun have been embarrassed enough which should serve as enough punishment. Why Akpata is hellbent on dragging this thing make me believe some sort of personal vendetta....I may be wrong but they all seem like a bunch of hypocrites to me.

Baba I am in support of what Olumide is doing. So many things are pushed or sweeped under the carpet and so many people are trampled under.

Do you know how many cases people lose because of said connections?

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by DWJOBScom(m): 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
dfrost:

Maybe because you've not been following the case before now.

Could be BUT the whole thing should be clear that everyone can comprehend or get 70% understanding of it
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
DWJOBScom:

Could be BUT the whole thing should be clear that everyone can comprehend or get 70% understanding of it

So earlier this year, it came to the fore or knowledge of the public that Ms. A wrote to a prospective client that they can help them influence a case to their favour not knowing that the case has been resolved.

She apologised but because she is an employee of a big firm know in Nigeria's judiciary circle, the matter has to be dragged further.

Her father is known. Someone also close to her is part of those that looks into such matters with the top judiciary matters. Now the President of NBA is asking the OGA boss to step down so he would not have to influence the matter.

The story long. I've tried to break it down. I'll share link to the original story so you'll get the drift.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by DWJOBScom(m): 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
dfrost:

So earlier this year, it came to the fore or knowledge of the public that Ms. A wrote to a prospective client that they can help them influence a case to their favour not knowing that the case has been resolved.

She apologised but because she is an employee of a big firm know in Nigeria's judiciary circle, the matter has to be dragged further.

Her father is known. Someone also close to her is part of those that looks into such matters with the top judiciary matters. Now the President of NBA is asking the OGA boss to step down so he would not have to influence the matter.

The story long. I've tried to break it down. I'll share link to the original story so you'll get the drift.

This short line written by you has explained everything as if i was there from the beginning

God bless you man

That's why they are requesting the Dad steps down

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
DWJOBScom:

This short line written by you has explained everything as if i was there from the beginning

God bless you man

That's why they are requesting the Dad steps down

Not actually the dad. The OGA Boss of that firm. You are welcome chairman.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by DWJOBScom(m): 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
dfrost:

Baba I am in support of what Olumide is doing. So many things are pushed or sweeped under the carpet and so many people are trampled under.

Do you know how many cases people lose because of said connections?

This is so true
Expose everyone
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by seunmsg(m): 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
The NBA election should be conducted quickly so that this disrespectful Olumide Akpata could be thrown out of NBA leadership. Which point does he want to prove by trying to rubbish the solid record and good name of Wole Olanipekun?
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by MrMcJay(m): 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:
The NBA election should be conducted quickly so that this disrespectful Olumide Akpata could be thrown out of NBA leadership. Which point does he want to prove by trying to rubbish the solid record and good name of Wole Olanipekun?

You are getting worked up over a matter you lack knowledge of.
Are you aware that the Supreme Court fined Chief Olanipekun the sum of 10M as the costs of action to be personally paid by him?
In fact, the Supreme Court blasted Chief Olanipekun in terrible words.

By the way, Akpata's tenure is almost over and the election has been conducted and concluded. The candidate Akpata supported won.

Chief Olanipekun is Nigeria's number 1 lawyer as at today, that is a fact. That is the more reason why he needs to display exemplary conduct.

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by MrMcJay(m): 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
datola:

The NBA is not an association of illiterates and unintelligent insinuations are not welcome.
You don't even understand what you are angry about. grin
The person who wrote the letter is a Partner, not a SAN. I guess you can't tell the difference.

Baba Bandele Aiku who is senior to Chief Olanipekun has asked Chief to stand down. The issue of attacking Chief because he is from the West holds no water.

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by seunmsg(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
MrMcJay:

You are getting worked up over a matter you lack knowledge of.
Are you aware that the Supreme Court fined Chief Olanipekun the sum of 10M as the costs of action to be personally paid by him?
In fact, the Supreme Court blasted Chief Olanipekun in terrible words.

By the way, Akpata's tenure is almost over and the election has been conducted and concluded. The candidate Akpata supported won.

Chief Olanipekun is Nigeria's number 1 lawyer as at today, that is a fact. That is the more reason why he needs to display exemplary conduct.

Ms Ogunde is the one on trial in this case and not Wole Olanipekun. Akpata’a desperate attempt to rope Wole Olanipekun into this is unnecessary and smacks of hatred and jealousy.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
MrMcJay:

Thank you bros for this. I wanted to respond to seunmsg but I've seen your response.

He who comes to judgement needs to come with clean hands. In perspective, Chief knows the law very well. He is versed too. All we needed him to do was show the leadership example.

I guess egos were bruised along the way.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:

Ms Ogunde is the one on trial in this case and not Wole Olanipekun. Akpata’a desperate attempt to rope Wole Olanipekun into this is unnecessary and smacks of hatred and jealousy.

Haba bros no need to drag this further. Akpata jealous of Chief? On what grounds nah?

Chief is old enough to be his father nah... 71 vs 49. Haba?
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
MrMcJay:

The NBA is not an association of illiterates and unintelligent insinuations are not welcome.
You don't even understand what you are angry about. grin
The person who wrote the letter is a Partner, not a SAN. I guess you can't tell the difference.

Baba Bandele Aiku who is senior to Chief Olanipekun has asked Chief to stand down. The issue of attacking Chief because he is from the West holds no water.

I'm sure some folks didn't follow the case from the very start.

Despite not being within the legal field, I've been following following case bumper to bumper. It's just in a bid to stay informed.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by higgs: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
Everyone is talking about solicitation of brief,nobody is talking about the fact that the lady stated in her email that her boss has "influence " over judges.Mr Olanipekun should immediately step down from his position in the BOB.
This is something he is supposed to do immediately even without a letter from the NBA president.

1 Like

Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by MrMcJay(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
seunmsg:

It is no longer an issue of attacking the West, it is now hatred and jealousy. Well done.

You are even saying Ogunde is on trial, not Olanipekun. I laugh. Have you aver seen a Partnership Deed in your life? You obviously do not know what it means to means to be a Partner.

Actually, Chief Olanipekun previously discussed this court matter with Ajumogobia SAN (the other SAN who holds the Saipem brief) and Ajumogobia told Olanipekun to back off the matter, only for Olanipekun's firm to produce this letter.

Yoruba SANs who are senior to Chief Olanipekun have asked him to step aside and preserve his integrity, you are here arguing otherwise. Maybe you are wiser than them.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by MrMcJay(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
higgs:
Everyone is talking about solicitation of brief,nobody is talking about the fact that the lady stated in her email that her boss has "influence " over judges.Mr Olanipekun should immediately step down from his position in the BOB.
This is something he is supposed to do immediately even without a letter from the NBA president.

I guess they don't see anything bad in that part.

A learned Silk in defending Chief Olanipekun compared him to Kunle Kalejaiye. With profound respect to the Silk, that was a very wrong example and Chief shouldn't have been mentioned in that line. Those defending Chief are actually doing more harm than good to his reputation.
Re: LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun by dfrost: 5:29am On Jul 31, 2022
higgs:

Thank you for this higgs. How some people missed the main crux of the matter still baffles me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribalism In Nigerian Banks' Employment / I'm Working At NNPC But Not Being Paid / Oil Workers Block Imo Govt House, Demand Salaries (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.