Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment (1281 Views)

EFCC Intercepts ₦‎32.4 Million Cash Meant For Vote-Buying In Lagos / Taraba NLC Chairman, Peter Jediel Abducted Again / FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by kanupapilo: 5:27am On Jul 31, 2022
grin
Unzerious:
Maybe the Contractors no dey accept Transfer grin grin
Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by SeunDAssLicker: 9:02am On Jul 31, 2022
Sonyboom:
Just imagine this fool defensing a criminal. Which other governor as ever been caught looting N250 million in raw cash monthly for good 8 years the way this diehard criminal Peter Obi did n you fools are here defensing this bastard. You de mad.

Go school first before you quote me. Mention the law OBI broke then.

Then tell me how Tinubu did his while there’s a cashless Law. Defending a known criminal is difficult for you guys as it is.
Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by Lashist(m): 10:09am On Jul 31, 2022
Sonyboom:
Many of you Igbo come online n comment like lunatics. Let us apply the foolishness of your analogy to Tinubu.

1. Waw Tinubu anywhere the bullion van cursed igbos accuse him of. I know fool like you will claim it was seen in his house but then the N250 million was not seen in Peter Obi convoy n inside your deluded papa convoy de see am. Foolishness #1 addressed

2. No Tinubu appointee was seen in the bullion but you fool still want to have his head. Here we have a known appointee of the pandora criminal Peter Obi in charge of the cash.

3. How does this not connect Peter Obi but same situation connect Tinubu. ?

4, we all. Know Peter Obi paid heavily each time EFCC want to take him to court while Tinubu ensure he was taking to court n was discharged with compensation for wasting his time.

Emancipate yourself from your hate, bigotry and foolishness...stop telling people to stop hating when you are one dumb bigot...everytime your issue na igbos for NL
Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by blancsn1: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2022
Imagine the idiot telling anyone to "go school first". May it never be well with you n your entire household.

SeunDAssLicker:

Go school first before you quote me. Mention the law OBI broke then.

Then tell me how Tinubu did his while there’s a cashless Law. Defending a known criminal is difficult for you guys as it is.
Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by kanupapilo: 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
Lashist:

Emancipate yourself from your hate, bigotry and foolishness...stop telling people to stop hating when you are one dumb bigot...everytime your issue na igbos for NL
Real talk
Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by kanupapilo: 1:03pm On Apr 24
Is04970:
Peter Obi is a thief.
Simple.
cry
Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by aguluobi: 1:38pm On Apr 24
You must perish lying

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation

Is this lie what was reported in the newspaper ?

gidgiddy:

The real story is that Peter Obi paid the government contractor 250 million Naira by cheque for the supply of cars. The contractor cashed the money is at Awka and asked the Governor if he could tranfer the money to his base in Lagos in one of the cars in the Governors convoy for security reasons

The money was intercepted in Lagos by security agents and was investigated by the Police, EFCC and the Anambra State House Of Assembly. No wrong doing was found and the money released back to Obi and the contractor

This was a simple matter of a car dealer who wanted to deal in cash rather than cheque. Car dealers are notorious for only wanting to deal in cash, rarely do they touch cheque payments
Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by StOla: 1:48pm On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:
In 1999, all governors were moving cash for various reasons because there was nothing like cashless policy back then. Nothing like the Internet banking as enjoyed today, wondering where he'd have done electronic transfer without the Internet as claimed in your post. Internet entered Nigeria in 2000 fully when GSM came. Prior to that time, na cash everyone dey carry.

I think you should ask Tinubu who, despite operating a cashless economy still ushered into his compound 2 bullion vans filled with cash a few years back. A banker told me each bullion van of that size could carry up to 1b naira at a time. When asked, he said its his money, Not even dangote as rich as he is wouid do such a thing . Your point is baseless of Peter Obi. Tell us something interesting, maybe we'd listen.

Was Obi a Governor in 1999 or 2000?

He became Governor in 2006.

And it made sense to withdraw N250m in cash to bring to Lagos where the same bank had a branch?

Obi is no different, and his facade of being different is what makes him a hypocrite.
Re: Former Bank Chairman Peter Obi N250 Million Cash Payment by StOla: 1:52pm On Apr 24
gidgiddy:

The real story is that Peter Obi paid the government contractor 250 million Naira by cheque for the supply of cars. The contractor cashed the money is at Awka and asked the Governor if he could tranfer the money to his base in Lagos in one of the cars in the Governors convoy for security reasons

The money was intercepted in Lagos by security agents and was investigated by the Police, EFCC and the Anambra State House Of Assembly. No wrong doing was found and the money released back to Obi and the contractor

This was a simple matter of a car dealer who wanted to deal in cash rather than cheque. Car dealers are notorious for only wanting to deal in cash, rarely do they touch cheque payments

Very foolish tales.

The contractor who foolishly cashed a cheque in Anambra knew he was heading to Lagos where the same bank had many branches and even the head quarters.

Then same foolish contractor asked a whole Governor to carry the cash in the Governor's convoy to Lagos, and, the Governor agreed?

Is Obi sane at all?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku, Obi To Speak At NBA 2022 Annual General Conference / I Will Not Allow Campaign In My Church- Rev. Esther Ajayi / Is Tinubu Campaigning In Different Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.