Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1217439 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
Qasak:
Hello everyone please would july 8 be considered too early at the POE for September intake. I would like time to settle in properly before September
if you can defend yourself, no prob
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay102: 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
zeb04:
Guys please any alternate way to pay my application fee?

DM, I can pay for you from within and you pay the naira equivalent at black market rate o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay102: 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tolifefun:
if you can defend yourself, no prob

I dont think they will send you back. It is wise to come in early. What matters is you have the right to enter Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ok thx, I tot there's other way to book for upfront medical? since no medical request from IRCC .

Appreciate kobobay

kobobay:

You can book through their website :

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

Or send them an email and attached your international passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
kobobay:
I submitted my application last week Monday, I got a medical request today.

This is my second application.
congratulations and am next person that will receive mine this week too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
freshStarz:
Please I need a reply guys
I studied Microbiology in my undergraduate degree. Now I want to go into Medicine and Surgery proper in Canada
Is it possible to get a school that does that directly from Nigeria or will I have to do another course before I qualify for the med/surg
it is not as easy as you think. Your degree certificate is not enough to secure admission into college of medicine in Canada. Most Canadian universities requires MCAT. Most universities do not admit international students and the few that admit students has limited space. Some Canadians go to the Caribbean islands in pursuit of their dream

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Swoxcode:
It's PPR...

Submitted application
27th of February 2023
Got confirmation same day
Biometric request 28th February 2023
Had the Biometric 3rd of March2023
Biometric uploaded same day
Medical request 13th of March2023
Book Medical that day and got 3rd of April 2023
Had Medical on 3rd April 2023
Medical passed and uploaded 12th of April 2023
Received Biometric Correspondence 14th April 2023... tonite
And Passport request 30mins Later 14th April 2023.

Submitted doc
LOA
Conestoga 1500Cad Deposit receipt
SOP well detailed with history, future plan and please make sure u mention u will be coming back Home.

SOP.. is the most important doc. it must be detailed and precise. Since they don't have interview, this will give them details about you and it must answer every question u thing they might want to as you if u are to have interview.

Personal Statement... 13million no lumpsum
Business acct, since applicant have business. 18million
Cac document and FIRs document.

No need to put properties if you good amount in your account.

Let me advice you on acct balance
In the form.
You fill tuition payment of one year.. mine is 18000CAD

Please for upkeep fill 11000CAD

Other fund fill 6000CAD

In amount available

Add the 3 and add like extra 6000.

Place like 45000CAD.

Make sure your bank statement have more that the 45000CAD

That's like 17million.

Which Both acct combine have more than.

If u a company owner please in your SOP talk about the company and mention who will manage it when u studying and add it to why u are coming back.

I hope this help someone.
I celebrate with you and am next person in line to celebrate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 10:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
deejay102:

I dont think they will send you back. It is wise to come in early. What matters is you have the right to enter Canada.
grin grin no be ask question na qasak
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay102: 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2023
Is everything okay ?
Tolifefun:
grin grin no be ask question na qasak
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2023
freshStarz:
Please I need a reply guys
I studied Microbiology in my undergraduate degree. Now I want to go into Medicine and Surgery proper in Canada
Is it possible to get a school that does that directly from Nigeria or will I have to do another course before I qualify for the med/surg
When did u graduate what have u been doing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2023
Peacefulpeace23:
Good day everyone

I got medical request and my previous medical will expire in two months.

Pls should I upload the old one that will expire in June or book to do a new one? School resumption date is September 2023.

Upload d old one first u can decide to go for another if need be.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:18pm On Apr 14, 2023
DaChem:
Good evening house, please how can I include in my SOP that I want my spouse and son to accompany me to Canada with my student visa?

My marriage is still very young and so is my child, I love my husband and child so much that I can’t imagine to live without them. I want to build a family together not in a distance. Please I need my family around me to give me emotional and physical support that I will need all through my study.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 11:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
Qasak:
Hello everyone please would july 8 be considered too early at the POE for September intake. I would like time to settle in properly before September

I understand your enthusiasm but you can just wait till August 1 or 2 so they won't be asking unnecessary questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2023
Winnerpoks:

I understand your enthusiasm but you can just wait till August 1 or 2 so they won't be asking unnecessary questions.
Gbam!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

However, I got PPR without having up to that amount in my account.

How much did you put?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjoy(m): 12:32am On Apr 15, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

However, I got PPR without having up to that amount in my account.

No two applications are the same. We have seen applicants who have more than enough, and still got refused.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hpesojalo: 12:56am On Apr 15, 2023
Hello people, when explaining my financial availability should I explain my money in Naira or in Cad?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjoy(m): 1:16am On Apr 15, 2023
deejay102:

You right! But ready to answer if CBSA asks why you come in too early before your start date. Also, it's not a wise decision to come in early. We understand the anxiousness of wanting to travel as soon as you get your stamped passport. Well, If you have enough stack $ oo, you can come in early and start spending lol (nobody go tell you, nah your naira-naira exchange go tell you that one). But for people with “in yoruba voice ‘Owo oniru, Owo Oniyo’ means, you whey be say you gada $ all you had both home and away together for this Canada journey, REMEMBER you will start spending $ not naira again ooo, and you can't start working until your school resumes. So one month before resumption is still ideal, and you can settle in within that time frame.

I'm not discouraging anyone who want to come in early, Pls just make sure you have a valid cause and put a few extra factors in place. Shalom

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:17am On Apr 15, 2023
zeb04:
I am just so sad honestly. For 3 days now i have been trying to pay and submit my applications. I have used so many dollar cards but still TRANSACTION DECLINED . My money is in people’s account….. i don’t know what to do

Any dollar card that has been activated should work unless it's not activated. Note some banks eg Gt. If you are not seeing the card as a separate account in your app then it has not yet been activated. the dollar card after been activated will show in your app as a separate account which you can transfer funds into. The card itself will need to be funded separately not only your domiciliary account
If this still doesn't work for you simply get a virtual card. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 4:16am On Apr 15, 2023
Qasak:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Neks001(f): 4:47am On Apr 15, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
dtrixna01:
don’t waste your time bro. You won’t even pass naija airport and if you do you’ll be sent back, you do know you’ll be paying rent from your POF monthly up on till September? And you won’t be liable to work either until school resumes ? Why waste money ? Unless you have a family member you can stay with them that should be your excuse.

Please stop dropping comments that isn’t true. The poster can travel as early as he wants to. An individual is allowed to travel 2-3 months before school resumption.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 5:10am On Apr 15, 2023
Neks001:
[color=#006600][/color]

Please stop dropping comments that isn’t true. The poster can travel as early as he wants to. An individual is allowed to travel 2-3 months before school resumption.
that’s what you see in their site, ask people that has travelled. And was that the only thing you saw on my comment ? You’re to travel 30 days before your start day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 5:46am On Apr 15, 2023
chithec:

How much did it cost please?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mackie1(m): 6:21am On Apr 15, 2023
harkintem:

were you able to pay lufthansa in Naira from your naira card account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 6:30am On Apr 15, 2023
Mackie1:
were you able to pay lufthansa in Naira from your naira card account?
On their site you'll have to use a dollar card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay102: 6:59am On Apr 15, 2023
Valid points.
kennyjoy:

You right! But ready to answer if CBSA asks why you come in too early before your start date. Also, it's not a wise decision to come in early. We understand the anxiousness of wanting to travel as soon as you get your stamped passport. Well, If you have enough stack $ oo, you can come in early and start spending lol (nobody go tell you, nah your naira-naira exchange go tell you that one). But for people with “in yoruba voice ‘Owo oniru, Owo Oniyo’ means, you whey be say you gada $ all you had both home and away together for this Canada journey, REMEMBER you will start spending $ not naira again ooo, and you can't start working until your school resumes. So one month before resumption is still ideal, and you can settle in within that time frame.

I'm not discouraging anyone who want to come in early, Pls just make sure you have a valid cause and put a few extra factors in place. Shalom

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebubu2: 7:18am On Apr 15, 2023
Anonymity777:
I need your candid advice please.
I contacted an agent to help me process a Canada study visa for my self. To cut the long story short, The visa has been approved and the agent has been fully paid, i have my passport with me already but she has refused to drop all log in to both the visa portal and to the email for receiving messages from IRCC. She has even refused giving us letter of introduction which is an important document for traveling. I don't have the LOI I remember asking her about it earlier on but she declined to provide it to me, I have gone to VFS twice but they said they can’t help. although they verified the authenticity of the visa because i gave them my passport to verify, they asked me to go and sort things out with my agent, i am due to travel for my program by January, but as it stands i am helpless, this is already freaking me out guys! she has refused to pick my calls, she is nowhere to be found, all efforts to reach her has proved abortive and even sent a message, claiming to have traveled out of the country,
please what can be done? Help me out here

hello, can i have this agent you used here contacts or email address ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 7:21am On Apr 15, 2023
deejay102:
Is everything okay ?
i don't get it! you quoted the wrong person. Direct your answer to the person that asked question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tejaisco(f): 7:44am On Apr 15, 2023
Bobomaigida:

If you do not have an appointment, they won't let you enter, check their website and give them a call or chat them up with the challenges you are having.
Thank you, I was able to book it last night
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by badmus306(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2023
Please, who have an idea if i can use WAEC or NECO as proof of english requirement for Holland College, PEI?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oladapojoe: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2023
Good morning everyone please I I’ll like any guru in the house who can help me
Tackle this it’s my first application , it was denied
My student Australia student was cancel in 2017 and I had to leave Australia due to some
Reason I was not able to appeal the case back then in Australia, my Australia visa was cancelled due to they find out my waed was a fake document ,which I really know nothing about because my austalia visa application was done by an agent, I told him it will take me
Few weeks to get my original waec result then which I believe that is why he went use edited waed result then and I Believe this has affected this my new Canada visa application because I don’t stated fully that Australia immigration department found my waec result to be fake please I neee someoen that I can talk to who can help me out please I will appreciate thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nonsyo(f): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2023
Makah00:

Yea I applied to university of Ottawa. Have you gotten admission?

I got admission into University of Ottawa too.. September 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.