Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,332 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1224743 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbSapi(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2023
Please can you send me a sample too.
I have sent you a Dm.

tenderjunkie:

Send a dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Swaggu002015: 2:59pm On May 03, 2023
Hello everyone, trust you all are having a great day. please I’ve just gotten my refusal note and I need your advises.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 3:13pm On May 03, 2023
Pls house when writing a new SOP for a new application afetr a refusal , wud I write a statement base on why my Visa was refused or I wud write a new SOP entirely as I have new info on my POF now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by itsyourboya: 3:17pm On May 03, 2023
Swaggu002015:
Hello everyone, trust you all are having a great day. please I’ve just gotten my refusal note and I need your advises.

You have to work on your choice of course. Work on your SOP/LOE to be more convincing. Build up home ties with family and maybe properties. Are you done with your studies in Turkey? And how many more months/years do you have on your study permit before it expires? Did you upload your study permit with your application? Once you tackle these, you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Swaggu002015: 3:33pm On May 03, 2023
itsyourboya:

You have to work on your choice of course. Work on your SOP/LOE to be more convincing. Build up home ties with family and maybe properties. Are you done with your studies in Turkey? And how many more months/years do you have on your study permit before it expires? Did you upload your study permit with your application? Once you tackle these, you are good to go.

Thanks for your response, I have a year residence permit which I renew yearly and I uploaded it, I have about 6months to complete my studies here in Turkey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cobby14(m): 4:11pm On May 03, 2023
Hello house. I’m interested in relocating to canada but I’m confused as to the category I fit in. I dropped out of uni at level 100 and I’d like to know if I stand a chance of securing admission if I apply. POF won’t be an issue and how much should I look at as pof if I’m eligible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eddy4400: 4:27pm On May 03, 2023
Hi e-fam, pls what's the current timeline like for getting biometric appointment at VFS? The agent helping my sister mentioned his contact at VFS said there are no available dates till July. Asking her to pay $1500 to secure a date sooner or wait till July.

Said I should confirm from people sending applications in now, before I start yelling.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 4:30pm On May 03, 2023
blessedbest:
Good morning gurus in the house.Please I want to use my First Bank account for my proof of funds, please does mybankstament work with first bank?
Or should I use another bank?

@bullstriker, @justwise
Yes, it works with first bank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hommiekr(m): 4:30pm On May 03, 2023
Eddy4400:
Hi e-fam, pls what's the current timeline like for getting biometric appointment at VFS? The agent helping my sister mentioned his contact at VFS said there are no available dates till July. Asking her to pay $1500 to secure a date sooner or wait till July.

Said I should confirm from people sending applications in now, before I start yelling.
That your agent na better thief ooh

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 4:31pm On May 03, 2023
Subhanalah..some agent wud rot in dis life and wud also rot in d here afetr..This is daamm to much..1500 dollars for securing an appointment that is absolutely free....if u haven't gone far with him..just try and rescinded ur work from him and contact gurus in the page to.lead u through.. that why the idea of using agent atimes is bad..
Eddy4400:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BrandProtection(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2023
Hello everyone, please I need the thoughts of gurus in the house:

My spouse applied for Study Permit to Canada in 2018 when she was single, but was refused. Fast forward to Feb 18 2023, she reapplied again, but this time as married. The issue now is, when filling the IMM forms for this application, we filled out the UCI number from the old application (since her biometrics is tied to that and still valid). Upon submission, however, we noticed her account was updated with a new UCI number that was different from the previous one.

On March 1st: Her upfront medical was updated to pass.
On March 8th: We received a request letter in her account asking her to either pay the fee for Biometric capture and upload the receipt or provide proof of previous biometric capture in place of the receipt. We immediately sent her BVL from the last application (also containing the old UCI number)

There was no update on the account until 11th of April, when Eligibility review started. But her biometric details (Biometrics Number, Date of Biometrics Enrolment, and Expiry Date) were not updated (and haven't been updated till now).

Since then, no update on the account and the processing time is past 10 weeks now. We used MBS for all the SOAs submitted. When I check her biometric validity with the Old UCI and her maiden name, it shows as valid with the expiry date. But when I check with the new UCI number and name, it shows Not Applicable.

We sent a web form on the 22nd of April, and this is the response we got:

Good Day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

We trust that this information suffices in responding to your enquiry.

I have reached out via email and web form after this, but no response. On her tracker, it shows Biometrics, Eligibility, and Background verification is in progress. But I think there might be some difficulty arising due to the UCI number difference.

We submitted all necessary documentation and pictures regarding the marriage and change of name.

What do you think/advise we do? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:36pm On May 03, 2023
ATTAHDYE:
It is the tuition fee for the first year you will put there

Thanks 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 4:43pm On May 03, 2023
Someone’s passport got missing from a dispatch rider and there’s visa on it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 4:45pm On May 03, 2023
shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed

Madukachase:
Hello guys, kindly help clarify this:

For the purpose of PR, what is the implication of - studying 1 +1 year course in different provinces.

For instance, 1year course in one province
another 1year course in another province

Please gurus in the house, help out address this concern. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eddy4400: 4:46pm On May 03, 2023
As innnnn...unlike US, the wait times for biometric appointment is not that bad for Canada. That's why I'm asking here 1st, pls what is the current appointment wait time in Lagos? Even Abuja sef

hommiekr:

That your agent na better thief ooh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:51pm On May 03, 2023
Eddy4400:

Agents sha. Charging 1500 usd for biometrics wey Visa isn't even guaranteed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by portablesuzy: 4:54pm On May 03, 2023
good day house am trying to book for biometrics online its saying access denied. please kindly guide through. is it compulsory to be vaccinated before medicals. am vaccinated but hubby and son are not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2023
Eddy4400:

Visit the VFS Global appointment website: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/

Register and see available dates yourself. It's not rocket science.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 4:59pm On May 03, 2023
portablesuzy:
good day house am trying to book for biometrics online its saying access denied. please kindly guide through. is it compulsory to be vaccinated before medicals. am vaccinated but hubby and son are not.

Go Incognito on Chrome (Ctrl + Shift + N) or Private Browser on Firefox (Ctrl + Shift + P)

Vaccination not required.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:39pm On May 03, 2023
You can travel to Canada, but you should use IMM 1294 (if you are not using the IRCC portal) and choose Nigeria as your country of residence. Unlike inside-Canada processing, you must leave Canada to submit your passport when they approve your application. Using IMM 5709 without meeting the requirement, as mentioned earlier, will lead to a refusal.
Do an upfront medical in Nigeria as medical costs are over 450cad in Canada.
Gentlesoul3268:
I have gotten admission already which I have paid my tuition fees before I received a message on my email from IRCC for my visitor visa I have applied for since 2021.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:40pm On May 03, 2023
It’s a good fit for your previous education. However, if you are not a recent graduate, the proposed program should be related to your current occupation.
skills50:
Good day, I studied Medical Microbiology (Epidemiology field of study) during my M.Sc and now I want to apply for a PhD program under Epidemiology, I just want to know if I will be considered for admission and also if University of Saskatchewan is a good fit or you can make other suggestions for me, thanks in anticipation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 03, 2023
Anyone admitted to the university of saskatchewan for fall 2023

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 6:12pm On May 03, 2023
Hello guys. I fixed my Biometric and Medical to the same day. Biometric is 8:30am, and Medical is 10:30am.
My question is, I hope this can't cause any issue. Secondly, after the medical, should I wait until the IRCC requests for it and then message the clinic to send the medical or I should send it to them through the web-form?
Someone should orientate me please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:24pm On May 03, 2023
sudo1986:
Hello guys. I fixed my Biometric and Medical to the same day. Biometric is 8:30am, and Medical is 10:30am.
My question is, I hope this can't cause any issue. Secondly, after the medical, should I wait until the IRCC requests for it and then message the clinic to send the medical or I should send it to them through the web-form?
Someone should orientate me please.
Don't know about ABJ but if it's in Lagos, you will certainly not meet up with that medical. I advise you reschedule the medical to next day if possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 6:31pm On May 03, 2023
I am not in Nigeria. It is possible here, unless if they don't follow tge time specific on their website. They don't joke with their time here.

zubizareta:

Don't know about ABJ but if it's in Lagos, you will certainly not meet up with that medical. I advise you reschedule the medical to next day if possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ademma2022: 6:31pm On May 03, 2023
Good evening house anyone got admitted to University of regina please lets connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bellakay: 6:47pm On May 03, 2023
CanadaQueen:
Hiya,
How old is the applicant? Is he/she claiming to be working? If yes, just have some reasonable amount to show. Although since you have a sponsor it might not really matter. But if the applicant is advanced in age, just show responsibility. Hope this helps a bit?

Thank you very much.

He is 24years tho. He is working but the job is a contract job is not consistent. Either your response has given me some answers. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 03, 2023
Any usask student?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 6:54pm On May 03, 2023
Eddy4400:

You better run from that agent. He is there to defraud you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 03, 2023
lodded:
Good morning gurus in the house. My Canadian study permit got rejected yesterday as the VO stated on the refusal letter that “Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself”. I am planning to reapply soon. What do u guys think I can do in my next application.

Order your gcms notes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 03, 2023
LATECH2K23:
Hello fam
I don’t know why people on here don’t answer questions
Been dropping messages on here but people don’t reply to my comment
Please can I be added to a WhatsApp
Groups

And also my main question is that please FAM what are he factors that helps visa application

What types of document helps to boost chance and also for someone going to college for post graduate diploma what’s the average money needed to be in the account to serve as pof if the the sponsor is your dad

My dad has a registered business and two house in Lagos and his bank account has an monthly inflow of 6m monthly and closing balance of 19m

Please what should I do to make it look well

Send me a mail and drop your number so I can add you to lots of helpful groups

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.