Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226893 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Heritagebib: 2:01pm On May 05, 2023
Thank you for your response.
Pls explain more on how I can do NORMAL BANK TRANSFER to flywire.
I already printed the naira conversation for my first semester tuition on flywire website, I have the reference number too....
So, what's d next thing to do?
CindyByFine:
Flywire allows you to do Normal Bank Transfers na or use your normal naira debit card.

And yes, I have used both options for two of my cousins.

It is only PaymyTuition that is not considerate for Nigerians...that MTFX people don't accept anything except you do Naira Bank transfer with a killer margin or do Dom cards or FX transfer.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by koolnonie(f): 2:17pm On May 05, 2023
I explained that he has been working and attached one of his payslips with his bank statement.
For home ties I got study leave from my work place and I'm leaving my kids and husband .COR is Nigeria. Decision was gotten within 20days

Was the actual source of the funds explained in the SOP? If the fund is from his business or job, I guess his payslips/bank statement/business evidence/receipt should suffice. If it's from the sale of property, the document/receipt/contract agreement. Alternatively, keep the funds for four-six months to build the opening balance and give VO assurance.

For the home ties, a number of people here have addressed that, you can read through the threads. Which country of residence (COR) is the visa officer referring to? Nigeria? or are you based outside Nigeria like me?

Also, how long did it take you to get a decision if you don't mind? Thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 2:21pm On May 05, 2023
Heritagebib:
Can you pls put me through on how I can pay through black market rate?
I already downloaded payment voucher and code from flywire but zenith bank says they don't know about it.
You have two options of paying via black market rate.
1. On the flywire website, you can choose to pay in Naira. It will convert the fees to naira equivalent and it will provide you with a naira account to make payment

2. On the flywire website, choose to make payment via dollar card. But before that, ensure you have a sufficiently funded domiciliary account and a dollar card attached to the account. To fund the account, source for dollars from aboki and pay it into the account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 2:41pm On May 05, 2023
koolnonie:
I explained that he has been working and attached one of his payslips with his bank statement.
For home ties I got study leave from my workplace and I'm leaving my kids and husband.COR is Nigeria

Was the actual source of the funds explained in the SOP? If the fund is from his business or job, I guess his payslips/bank statement/business evidence/receipt should suffice. If it's from the sale of property, the document/receipt/contract agreement. Alternatively, keep the funds for four-six months to build the opening balance and give VO assurance.

For the home ties, several people here have addressed that, you can read through the threads. Which country of residence (COR) is the visa officer referring to? Nigeria? or are you based outside Nigeria like me?

Also, how long did it take you to get a decision if you don't mind? Thanks

Looks like u had a good application...not sure why they refused...the gurus here will share their thoughts based on their experience.

However, if I was in your shoe, I would leave d funds for four months, pay tuition, and further provide proof of assets while reapplying.

I guess these VOs just look for any loopholes and hold on to them.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 2:48pm On May 05, 2023
I would suggest you go ahead, submit your app with your old one. Then get a new one before you travel and travel with both old and new.
When you get to Canada, you apply for
visa extension with your new passport.
Edmondvic:
Hello my people,

Please I need help on this issue.
My passport will expire next year July, 06 2024, and I’m applying for study permit that should last for a duration of three years.
Do you think I should get a new passport before applying or continue with my old passport and hopefully to renew it when I get to Canada.

Please I need your advice!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tobe1960: 2:56pm On May 05, 2023
Glock22:

For anyone to help, you need to provide case specific details.
Married?
With kids?
Job?
Assets?
Self sponsored or 3rd party?
Hello everyone, please I am new here, I have been following this thread, my First application got denied early this year, Conestoga College Ontario,
Program -Health care Administration &Service Management
My first Degree-Industrial Chemistry
Reasons for denial-
I am refusing.
your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I requested for GCms note on the 23 of March 2023 and they are still yet to send it. Please I am about to re-apply again, I need help with list of documents I can summit to reapply, I would also like to to get more information on how to go about it please, I would also appreciate if I can also be referred to a good agent also. i will be looking out for your kind response please. GOD Bless
my first application my dad was my sponsor with 18.5M as the closing balance on the POF, landed document were also added, even car receipts, i am currently working now (i was also working during my first application, although it wasn't stated on my SOP) family pictures, siblings' birth certificate was also added to also establish hometies. I am not married and i don't have a child.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by koolnonie(f): 2:59pm On May 05, 2023
I paid full tution fee for the year program and submitted valuation report for a house and land. The decision was made within 20 days of application submission.

Looks like u had a good application...not sure why they refused...the gurus here will share their thoughts based on their experience.

However, if I was in your shoe, I would leave d funds for four months, pay tuition, and further provide proof of assets while reapplying.

All the best.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 3:03pm On May 05, 2023
I think you would have to redo it this time choosing the naira bank transfer.

Just follow the instructions on the site, fill in your details and all....when you click on the make payment button in the last snapshot, it will load a page that has a Bank name: 9payment Service Bank
With a unique Account number
Reference number
And you just copy info and do a transfer from your Nigerian Bank account.

Heritagebib:
Thank you for your response.
Pls explain more on how I can do NORMAL BANK TRANSFER to flywire.
I already printed the naira conversation for my first semester tuition on flywire website, I have the reference number too....
So, what's d next thing to do?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 3:05pm On May 05, 2023
koolnonie:
I paid full tution fee for the year program and submitted valuation report for a house and land. The decision was made within 20 days of application submission.

All the best.

Wow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by itsyourboya: 3:05pm On May 05, 2023
RafiatD:
Pls do I need to talk about reason for my denial visa to other country (Germany) in my travel history (SOP)?
No you don't. Just declare you have been denied visa to the country(IES) and you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by itsyourboya: 3:07pm On May 05, 2023
kobobay:

YOU DO NOT NEED POLICE CLEARANCE. I AM SHOUTING.
I'm even tired of telling people this.

STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY! POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE IS NOT NEEDED FOR STUDY VISA!!!

Na over Sabi dey do Nigerians.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Seyola16: 3:11pm On May 05, 2023
Wahoo......This is serious ooo...
Please guru in the house kindly shed more light...we are waiting to learn oo

koolnonie:

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 3:45pm On May 05, 2023
koolnonie:
For home ties I got study leave from my work place and I'm leaving my kids and husband .COR is Nigeria. Decision was gotten within 20days

For the home ties, a number of people here have addressed that, you can read through the threads. Which country of residence (COR) is the visa officer referring to? Nigeria? or are you based outside Nigeria like me?

Also, how long did it take you to get a decision if you don't mind? Thanks

What is your opening and closing balance? You mentioned you provided one payslip, will that be enough to convince the VO? You have to provide evidence of the true source of those funds. Basically, just throw at them all legal evidences that corroborate what you have written in your SOP.

How many years course is it? How much POF did you provide? They seem to have an issue with whether you'd have enough to cater for your living expenses for the number of years. You may consider getting a GIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 3:48pm On May 05, 2023
koolnonie:

All the best.

Omo what are this ppl looking for then? You did all this and you were still refused visa? Fear don catch me oo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dianaokafor: 3:53pm On May 05, 2023
[quote author=RafiatD post=122943901]I was told police clearance certificate is 60,000 naira at Alagbon...
Pls is a requirement to be part of the document to be submitted?
How important is it?[/reply]

If you register online it’s 30k, I paid 30k and got mine within a week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ukata007: 3:59pm On May 05, 2023
The total tuition cost is 18,700CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ukata007: 4:00pm On May 05, 2023
zubizareta:

What's the total tuition cost??

Total tuition cost is 18,700CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 4:02pm On May 05, 2023
Ukata007:
Hello guys, I have admission for a 1 year program at Georgian College in Ontario and I have paid the Initial deposit of 2500kCAD and I’ve received an unconditional offer and receipt.

So my question is, what are my chances of getting approved visa if I go ahead to apply with a bank statement of 30m of my own funds to cover for my living cost and remaining tuition.

Is it okay to apply haven’t just paid only 2500kCAD out of the total school fees?

30M is more than enough, say if you print your bank statement for the past four months, what is your opening and closing balances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by anori: 4:12pm On May 05, 2023
harkintem:

I’m here

Which school? share your number to be added.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canfulfilment: 4:14pm On May 05, 2023
Hi,
Please I received BVL for my father inlaw's visitor's since friday last week. And uptil now I have not received his PPR.

His status tracker shows his visa has been issued but no PPR yet.

Please have you received PPR? And how long after your BVL?
Gentlesoul3268:
Hello house, I asked a question about the visitor visa I applied since 2021 I got BVL on the 29 April, today I track my application I saw visa number and when the visa would be expired. But I'm about to start my study permit this week. Can I use visitor visa to study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jojocrawch: 4:19pm On May 05, 2023
Adetunzion:
@ola please let’s connect , waiting for my admission at at Regina , please how many month does it takes for the admission letter

Hello, I just got an admission to Regina pls add me to your WhatsApp group

Joshuaikpeoha@ymail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by anori: 4:28pm On May 05, 2023
Madukachase:
Hello guys, kindly help clarify this:

For the purpose of PR, what is the implication of - studying 1 +1 year course in different provinces.

For instance, 1year course in one province
another 1year course in another province

Please gurus in the house, help out address this concern. Thanks

If no one answers I suggest you watch some YouTube videos. Lots of Nigerians are sharing how they japped and a few have taken this route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aystar78: 4:30pm On May 05, 2023
blessedbest:
Good evening gurus in the house.Please actually i was given admission into university of Regina last year March,i did my biometric last year June 17th, ever since then have been sending text to Nairobi immigration, until today i got a reply from Nairobi immigration to my greatest surprise they said i applied for visitor visa not a study permit,pls gurus in the house help me with your insight and idea what can i do
@bullstriker,@justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Saikichan: 4:37pm On May 05, 2023
itsyourboya:

I'm even tired of telling people this.

STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY! POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE IS NOT NEEDED FOR STUDY VISA!!!

Na over Sabi dey do Nigerians.

Thanks guys. I didn't know this. With the way people are doing police clearance for school visa, I thought it was mandatory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rapujoshua: 5:15pm On May 05, 2023
Please anyone in university of Regina. Would really need your help , would not mind connecting with you.

First, the letter of acceptance issue by UofR is that the only document giving to you for your visa and permit till you get into Canada.

2rdly, it is written that the program is two year, with no specific date or amount of semester.
I want to fill a Imm form and it requires I fill when my program is starting and ending, I am going for fall 2023, which start 30th August, when do I fill the program will end.

Lastly with the admission letter, which doesn't state if the applicant can work or not, would I be able to use it to apply for work permit when I get in.

Kindly help if you can🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glock22: 5:21pm On May 05, 2023
Tobe1960:
Hello everyone, please I am new here, I have been following this thread, my First application got denied early this year, Conestoga College Ontario,
Reasons for denial-
I am refusing.
your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I requested for GCms note on the 23 of March 2023 and they are still yet to send it. Please I am about to re-apply again, I need help with list of documents I can summit to reapply, I would also like to to get more information on how to go about it please, I would also appreciate if I can also be referred to a good agent also. i will be looking out for your kind response please. GOD Bless

For anyone to help, you need to provide case specific details.
Married?
With kids?
Job?
Assets?
Self sponsored or 3rd party?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mindflayer213: 5:22pm On May 05, 2023
Jojocrawch:

Hello, I just got an admission to Regina pls add me to your WhatsApp group

Joshuaikpeoha@ymail.com

Hi, how are you doing? Please when did you apply for the admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:26pm On May 05, 2023
koolnonie:
My study permit was refused last month. My husband transferred lump sum to my account as the sponsor and it was explained in the SOP. Please who knows what I didn't do right. See the gcms note

So sorry for the refusal, let us break down the reasons, then go to how it may be tackled, also bear in mind that this could be a case of a vindictive VO.

IRCC findings
1. Low opening balances
2. Large unexplained lump sum deposits
3. Volatile balances
4. Lack of family ties
5. Not sufficiently established in COR.

Your defense
1. You have paid 1 year tuition
2. Your husband and kids are your hometies
3. You have a study leave approval.
4. You submitted a 1 payslip and statement of your husband.

1.You have done well to pay the full tuition, otherwise they would have said you do not have enough funds to pay for the tuition. So, I guess you submitted your statement and your husband's statement- In your husband's statement how heavy are the transactions in the account, is his earnings from his salaries commensurate with the account history? ie volatile balances, low balances. Are there other inflows apart from his salary into the account?
2. When you are using your family as home ties, you have to passionately explain their importance to you and the fact that you are missing them even before travelling. You have to add pictures to buttress their closeness to you, and that land you have, state what the economic benefits it has for you when you get back.
3. You have to build on that study approval letter, state your importance at the workplace and the fact that you are coming back to get higher pay and higher responsibilities.
3. You need to get a reference letter for your husband that will show his annual emoluments, cos most payslips show monthly earnings, when you get that annual emoluments, (you can even beg his employers to state the gross amount). It will be easier to convince another person that he is well funded to cater for the living expenses. In your SOP you can state something like this ( My Husband is the Deputy Project manager of Koolnonie LTD, where he has been a dedicated staff for the past five years, his annual emoluments is N10,140,000 which is equivalent of CAD30,000, over the years he has saved some funds to sponsor my education, because of the potential benefits that the certificate will confer on me in my home country, the certificate will make a most sought after professional in the field of **********, which will come with higher earnings and bigger benefits)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 5:28pm On May 05, 2023
Tobe1960:
Reasons for denial-
I am refusing.
your application.

I understand the feeling of wanting to re apply again but then no Dey rush application. Calm down and have your gcms note to understand the actual reasons for refusal then you’ll have an insight on how to tackle your next application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aystar78: 5:38pm On May 05, 2023
Good evening gurus in the house.Please actually i was given admission into university of Regina last year March,i did my biometric last year June 17th, ever since then have been sending text to Nairobi immigration, until today i got a reply from Nairobi immigration to my greatest surprise they said i applied for visitor visa not a study permit,pls gurus in the house help me with your insight and idea what can i do
@bullstriker,@justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glock22: 5:40pm On May 05, 2023
Tobe1960:
Reasons for denial-
I am refusing.
your application.
my first application my dad was my sponsor with 18.5M as the closing balance on the POF, landed document were also added, even car receipts, i am currently working now (i was also working during my first application, although it wasn't stated on my SOP) family pictures, siblings' birth certificate was also added to also establish hometies. I am not married and i don't have a child.

18m may be insufficient if you don’t have an operational business.

Did you have anything in your accounts?

What was the duration of your course?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.