Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221167 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francisxbee: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2022
ucystan:
I dont even understand this IRCC people. I got a Request letter on my portal yesterday asking me to upload my official work permit receipt when I didn't apply for a work permit. What I applied for is a study permit, I also indicated that my study has a co-op (last time I checked applicants don't pay for co-op work permit). I also applied alone. So where could this be coming from??
Since your program has co-op you ought to have applied for co-op work permit along with your study visa application.
So now they want you to apply for the co-op work permit separately and send them payment proof of the application fee.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 11:46am On Aug 21, 2022
johnstan:

POF is only required for student visa application not school admission. Be careful with applying with a fixed deposit account as IRCC would assume the funds are there but not might not be readily available for you to access, some people here have been denied visa with this reason.

If you will liquidate the deposit before your visa app that's fine, however, if it would still be fixed I'll suggest you liquidate it and allow it be visible in the account to avoid the Statement I mentioned above.

It's still up to you at the end, make your choice and fire.

Good luck.

Hi Johnstan, Thanks for your Response

I'll pay heed to your advice and yes the fixed Deposit will be liquidated before my Application. Since the Fixed Deposit Agreement Expires later in FEBRUARY 2023 Then I look forward to starting my Application later that same February or march Depend on when I get Acceptance Letter from the school.

But Now my Question is

1. When I start my Application later in February/March , definitely I'll be required to upload Statement of Account of at least 4-6 months . can I still go ahead to upload the Statement of Account ? Knowin fully well that all these time the money has been in F.D , And how F.D account work is that at the beginning of the Contract , the money leaves the Account then comes back with it profit at the end of the agreement or contract and for me that will happen later in February 2023 .

I'll Appreciate your Response. Thanks

Anyone can Respond to this too. I'm trying to get all information as much as I can so I don't get stranded later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2022
your school is supposed to give you an introduction letter for the Co-op work permit. Write to your school to give you that letter, that is what you will upload.
ucystan:
I dont even understand this IRCC people. I got a Request letter on my portal yesterday asking me to upload my official work permit receipt when I didn't apply for a work permit. What I applied for is a study permit, I also indicated that my study has a co-op (last time I checked applicants don't pay for co-op work permit). I also applied alone. So where could this be coming from??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 60x60: 11:54am On Aug 21, 2022
Are 7 months courses or part time courses qualify for visa and work permit?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Trackeo(m): 11:58am On Aug 21, 2022
Lord!...This week show us your MERCY!... IN JESUS NAME!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 60x60: 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
60x60:

please help me on this question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ebaymaestroo: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please I have two questions:
1. Does Co-op have any impact on the long run (employment, pr, etc)

2. Do I need to have a sponsor or show statement of account if I gain admission for graduate certificate which is a year program and paid complete tuition fees and also do GIC for a year living expenses?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2022
congrat on your landing

oppemipo:
*The Landing Gist*

Nice to be here! From the beginning of the journey till I landed in Saskatchewan, Ca. To God be the Glory.

The journey from Nigeria to Cairo was a smooth one, the only itch I have was the internet connection at the Cairo Airport. I got to know that you have access to free 30mins of internet access, all you need to do is to log in with your MTN number but must start with 0023480xxxxxxx, you will then receive a code on the said number. Most time, it may take forever to receive the code.

Try and get a smaller denomination of dollars if you wish to buy anything in Cairo Airport, no change at all.

From Cairo to Toronto
The journey of 11hr45mins started at about 3 am Cairo time, it was a long journey for me and my family being first-time travelers! They served us well, I requested more food anyway. It was a nice experience indeed.

We landed at the Toronto airport, and boarded a flight to Saskatoon, another 3hrs50mins, my buttocks pain ooo. I tried to change $200 USD to CAD in Toronto, the woman scammed me oo. She gave me 212.75 CAD for the 200 USD I gave her. Instead of 249 CAD. Thank God I didn't change all my money through her.

I got my Study permit and my wife got her OWP, my baby got her visitor permit. The immigration officer only asked me for my enrollment letter. We landed in Saskatoon, lovely environment cool and calm.
On arrival at the Saskatoon airport, my supervisor was already waiting to receive us! It was a memorable moment, which can never be erased.

On Monday!

We went for our SIN numbers enrollment and Bank account opening at Royal Bank of Canada, I deposits all the USD I bought from Nigeria, I got a good conversion rate, 1 USD =1.285CAD. We enrolled for our health card.

Tuesday
Went to my faculty, they have already arranged my office with all the necessary gadgets, wow! I felt elated. I got to my research laboratory, I was speechless, everything is at it's best.

Wednesday
Went for shopping and get some foodstuffs and others! What a nice experience. Above all, we enjoyed every part of the journey to the land of Canada.

Documents I used during the journey

1. International passport
2. Letter of introduction (they don't ask me anyway)
3. Covid-19 vaccine card was only asked in Nigeria Airport
4. Arrival Can was asked at the Toronto airport

I pray for everyone waiting for this testimony that your testimony will never elude you. You will surely testify.

If you are in Saskatoon or coming to the University of Saskatchewan, let's connect abeg.

To God be the glory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2022
7COLOURS:
Thank God this week has ended.

PPR scarce no be small

Next week will rain PPR and we shall all celebrate in Jesus name.

Congratulations in advance to us

Emi lo kan

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ucystan(f): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2022
francisxbee:

Since your program has co-op you ought to have applied for co-op work permit along with your study visa application.
So now they want you to apply for the co-op work permit separately and send them payment proof of the application fee.

You don't pay for co-op work permit. It is free. There's no place to even pay for such, and for you to apply for a co-op work permit you should have already have your study permit.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2022
KellyTech007:

Hi Johnstan, Thanks for your Response

I'll pay heed to your advice and yes the fixed Deposit will be liquidated before my Application. Since the Fixed Deposit Agreement Expires later in FEBRUARY 2023 Then I look forward to starting my Application later that same February or march Depend on when I get Acceptance Letter from the school.

But Now my Question is

1. When I start my Application later in February/March , definitely I'll be required to upload Statement of Account of at least 4-6 months . can I still go ahead to upload the Statement of Account ? Knowin fully well that all these time the money has been in F.D , And how F.D account work is that at the beginning of the Contract , the money leaves the Account then comes back with it profit at the end of the agreement or contract and for me that will happen later in February 2023 .

I'll Appreciate your Response. Thanks

Anyone can Respond to this too. I'm trying to get all information as much as I can so I don't get stranded later.

The reason for POF is to show you're financially able to support yourself through your program - school fees and Living expense.

Liquidating your fix deposit wouldn't leave you with so much to explain to IRCC on you SOP if you carry out transactions on the account from time to time, however, if you don't, now's the time to start. If you don't wish to carry out transactions on the account it's fine, you would only explain your sudden lump sum inflow as a result of the liquidation to IRCC on your SOP.

There's no rule of thumb to this, simply write a compelling SOP with receipts and you're good to go. Remember that your SOP is expected to sell your application as you wouldn't be there to do this in person so do a good job with it.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ucystan(f): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2022
AkeemTy:
your school is supposed to give you an introduction letter for the Co-op work permit. Write to your school to give you that letter, that is what you will upload.

Thanks for your reply. My school doesn't give introduction letter for co-op, they just indicated on my Proof of Acceptance that the program requires a six months internship/practicum, which I also uploaded in my application where I was asked to provide an evidence from school showing I need co-op.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pat978: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hello everyone, please if you have arrived in Canada as an international student, how did you show proof of funds to immigration? Is it just tuition receipt? Or bank statement? Or what other way? Please Nlanders, I really need your help, I appreciate you all��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
Enyinne:
465 per dollar

Hi, did you use your Naira debit card? I want to book a flight this week but I'm not sure if the monthly limit on Naira debit card applies to flight tickets. Do I have to go get a prepaid dollar debit card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2022
ebaymaestroo:
Hello Everyone,

Please I have two questions:
1. Does Co-op have any impact on the long run (employment, pr, etc)

2. Do I need to have a sponsor or show statement of account if I gain admission for graduate certificate which is a year program and paid complete tuition fees and also do GIC for a year living expenses?

Co op counts as your work experience and this could help you land a job after studies - see it as industrial attachment like in our uni here.

You can self sponsor yourself or have someone sponsor you. Whoever the sponsorship is would need his/her bank statement showing they have the funds to sponsor you and still take care of themselves and their family.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
60x60:

Pgwp is for programs lasting from 8 months (4 months per semester) and above. I would advise you check well before you apply.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2022
ucystan:

Thanks for your reply. My school doesn't give introduction letter for co-op, they just indicated on my Proof of Acceptance that the program requires a six months internship/practicum, which I also uploaded in my application where I was asked to provide an evidence from school showing I need co-op.

Check your LOA, a part of it would normally refer to your co op, it's usually not a separate letter from.your LOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ucystan(f): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2022
johnstan:

Check your LOA, a part of it would normally refer to your co op, it's usually not a separate letter from.your LOA.

My LOA has it and I uploaded it when I applied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 60x60: 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
Please this canada stuff is convincing me ooo

what is different from 2 years post secondary course and 2 years undergraduate diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2022
ucystan:

My LOA has it and I uploaded it when I applied.

I just read the letter, I initially responded based on your subsequent comment.

If you check IRCC website you would observe that the permit and fee they are referring to is for owp (open work permit), I see a lot of family applicants here mention it and the fee stated is the application fee for it.
Now the question is did you apply as a family or single applicant, if you did then you know what next to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2022
60x60:
Please this canada stuff is convincing me ooo

what is different from 2 years post secondary course and 2 years undergraduate diploma?

Post secondary means after secondary school studies. It could be undergrad Diploma or direct entry into an undergrad program.

This is different from post graduate which is after a degree program eg masters, PhD, postgrad diploma/certificate.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ibaka: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cg9-JnKDRr3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

InfoPlz:
Gurus please what portal will you recommend the new or old portal and why do you recommend the one you choose. Thanks.

ocool
Anon123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by InfoPlz: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
Ocool:

Well, I used GcKey not because of anything but because it allows a document upload of up to 4MB, while the new portal only allows 2MB. So, a large document reduced to 4MB will definitely be clearer than 2MB.

However, apart from the above, I learned here that none is better than the other in terms of fastness and nature (positive or negative) of decision.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by InfoPlz: 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2022
Gurus in the house please help out

InfoPlz:
Ocool good day, if my sponsor takes a loan and indicates it in the letter of sponsorship or LOE, would it affect my chances with the Visa officer?

And should I explain it in my letter of sponsorship or letter of explanation?

Thanks

Anon123
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
InfoPlz:
Gurus in the house please help out

Your source of funds would not be the challenge here, what you would be expected to do is explain the inflow if it's not a usual inflow into your account, that's where you will need receipts to explain it's a loan. Be careful with forging receipts cause a crazy VO might want to verify it and if it's figured to be fake you know the consequences.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 60x60: 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2022
johnstan:

Post secondary means after secondary school studies. It could be undergrad Diploma or direct entry into an undergrad program.

This is different from post graduate which is after a degree program eg masters, PhD, postgrad diploma/certificate.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply

does embassy give visa for post secondary or undergraduate diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Treasure134: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by InfoPlz: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2022
johnstan:

Your source of funds would not be the challenge here, what you would be expected to do is explain the inflow if it's not a usual inflow into your account, that's where you will need receipts to explain it's a loan. Be careful with forging receipts cause a crazy VO might want to verify it and if it's figured to be fake you know the consequences.

Good luck

Thanks it's legit, so you mean I can proceed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2022
60x60:

thanks for the reply

does embassy give visa for post secondary or undergraduate diploma?

If your intention is to study in person on campus, you will need a study permit, the program type is not a defining requirement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2022
Treasure134:
Happy Sunday great people. I pray we receive good news this week o. Please I need someone who can help me write SOP. Kindly dm and let's talk price please.. biko help my life I no dey do yanga please o. I can even DM you I don't mind please

@bullstrike
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow
@johnstan

Anybody that's capable please biko

We have competent hands here so you can wait for anyone to reply.

I wrote mine my self with the help of the format I saw on a previous part of this thread and from Google.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2022
InfoPlz:

Thanks it's legit, so you mean I can proceed?

Sure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Treasure134: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
johnstan:

We have competent hands here so you can wait for anyone to reply.

I wrote mine my self with the help of the format I saw on a previous part of this thread and from Google.

Good luck

Okay thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.