Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1222215 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2022
chuksinfotech:
Very surprising, got this email on a Saturday (yesterday).

Good day

Your file is under active review. You will be advised of the next steps or decision once the review is completed.

Regards,

Checked my profile and noticed a ghost update, please what does it mean?

October 30, 2021 applicant

@makano
@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow

Hi Chuksinfotech,

Ghost Update signifies internal actions taken on your application - an update you can't view from your end (dashboard). This could be an input that's as paltry as comment or even a transfer of your application from one department to another. Succinctly, the notification you recently received is a spook that should alert you of the propinquity of your anticipated application decision.

I can't wait to celebrate with you!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hi there,

What course are you looking to do the post graduate diploma or certificate in? What course was the HND in? What is your budget? Nobody can tell you for sure if you will get a visa or not, you put in your best and expect the result. Providing more information will make it easier for people to respond to you.

Cheers
omorefe101:
Hello,

Good day please I need help, I have an HND and I was told that I can not used it to get admission for post graduate diploma, is that ture? I was also advice I should apply for a post graduate certificate, please house I want to find out if I apply for a post graduate certificate with my HND I'm I sure of getting the visa, have it work for anyone here in the house. I'm 35 years old. And what are the affordable school for the degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
Hello everyone
So I have till September 6 to resume and I haven’t gotten medical request, should I just do my upfront Medicals and wait or still wait for the request, because my course cannot be deferred

Anyone??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danielak1(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2022
Anyone going to Prince Edward Island and already has a place to stay? Let's connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2022
When you submit an application, it assessed before it is eventually assigned to a visa officer. So, whenever you receive a message stating that your application is currently under active review, it simply means that it has passed this stage and is assigned to a visa officer.
chuksinfotech:

Good day

Your file is under active review. You will be advised of the next steps or decision once the review is completed.

Regards,

@makano
@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hi there,

It’s all up to you. If you have the money to spare, you can go ahead. The certificate is valid for 12 months.

Cheers
ANGELAFELIX:
Hello everyone
So I have till September 6 to resume and I haven’t gotten medical request, should I just do my upfront Medicals and wait or still wait for the request, because my course cannot be deferred
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2022
Vanessaokoh:
This week ppr will drop for me and my family . amen �

Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
You should have done it earlier before submitting your application. The more documents they have to request for, the longer it takes your application to be processed.

ANGELAFELIX:
Hello everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2022
johnstan:

Sure, your GIC account, your school fees payment confirmation receipts are proof that you can support your self so you must tender them. I will also advise you attach your personal Account in Naira so you can also show that you have an active account in your home country, this could also show home ties if you get what I mean especially if your job or business is part of your home ties.

Do not leave any stone unturned, package an application that will look impossible to refuse.

Good luck

Hi Johnstan , Talking about the GIC account , What about if one eventually gets refused of the visa . Can one Gets one money back from the GIC ? I was thinking of using the GIC method, Putting about $ 15k with the GIC , Paying tuition fee for the 1 or the 2 years program , Submitting Home ties like Cars and landed Property in my Name . If I do all these then I don't have to show Any statement of account for Proof of funds Right ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enyinne(f): 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2022
If u are not entering the city, no need of visa if only layover. But if ur flight is 2 stops , no visa is needed too but if am in ur shoe , i will look for flight having only 1 stopover than 2 . Its less stressful
HouseRavenclaw:

I’m not spending any time in any of these cities. They are simply layovers. Someone flew this exact route here two days ago without needing a Cairo visa. I imagined you don’t need one if you’re not leaving the airport and are just waiting for your designated flight.

Anyways, I’ll do more research.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sammyfrance23: 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
Hello everyone

It’s better you go for your medicals ASAP… getting a date for medicals is also another wahala.
I’m a June applicant but I got my medical request last week. I couldn’t get an early date.
So I would advice you get it done now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enyinne(f): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
Fill the booking form with the exact details as u will like it. It will take you to the payment page , chose pay later then a temporary booking number will generate then head over to the airline office and make payment. This booking is valid for only 24hrs and it's canceled
Immacbaby:
Please how can I reserve the flight to pay later as they have few seats left!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
I applied to Holland College, still waiting for my study permit to be approved. What about you?
danielak1:
Anyone going to Prince Edward Island and already has a place to stay? Let's connect

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
Perfectpair2613:
congratulations sir

Please I need someone to put me tru I got admission into Niagara college to study business management
Hi Perfectpair2613,

I would implore you to take a fraction of your time to read through the thread. That way, you will be knowledgeable enough to present a more direct question - at the point you are confused. With your current level of understanding, it would be an herculean task to explain the whole process, as it has been expressed multiple times on previous pages.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2022
My Form A application is 30days old and is now in ADB disbursement reviewer stage. Pls how many days will it take to be debited? I'm using sterling bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
Your money will be refunded once you send the bank a copy of your visa rejection letter. It is not advisable to apply without showing any statement of account. The statement of account isn’t only there to show the current balance but to show your source of income and how stable it is.

Cheers.

KellyTech007:

Hi Johnstan , Talking about the GIC account , What about if one eventually gets refused of the visa . Can one Gets one money back from the GIC ? I was thinking of using the GIC method, Putting about $ 15k with the GIC , Paying tuition fee for the 1 or the 2 years program , Submitting Home ties like Cars and landed Property in my Name . If I do all these then I don't have to show Any statement of account for Proof of funds Right ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lilknight(m): 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2022
I’m flying to the land of Canada in less than 48hrs, Newfoundland and Labrador province to be precise. Thanks to everyone who contributed when I needed. I would appreciate any tip for a first time traveler.

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2022
Chocs:
Hi there,

It’s all up to you. If you have the money to spare, you can go ahead. The certificate is valid for 12 months.

Cheers

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
sammyfrance23:

It’s better you go for your medicals ASAP… getting a date for medicals is also another wahala.
I’m a June applicant but I got my medical request last week. I couldn’t get an early date.
So I would advice you get it done now.

Okay
I’ll do that
Please how do I book for medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2022
padie77:
My Form A application is 30days old and is now in ADB disbursement reviewer stage. Pls how many days will it take to be debited? I'm using sterling bank

You're at the mercy of the bank, there is no general approved time frame for disbursal.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
KellyTech007:

Congratulations my leader. Please I have a Question for you . I went through some a few of your comments here on NL. I saw one part where you said this (I have secured a fully funded program at the USASK, 38,000CAD for the duration of 2yrs. My tuition fee is 8,095 CAD/yr) . Please how were you able to secure the fully funded Program? Also you said something about your faculty already prepared your office. Why are you in Saskatoon sir ? Lol funny

Question. Are you there for your Master's or

something else ? I'll wait for your Response. Thanks
will like to know too please
Where you said “ your office is already prepared “ and the documents you summited were few for a family visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sethtsadopp: 11:48pm On Aug 21, 2022
Please any legit travel agency in Abuja that can help me process a Singapore visa for a 4-5 days visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sammyfrance23: 11:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:

Okay
I’ll do that
Please how do I book for medicals
I actually went to IOM and they booked it for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perence: 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hello, good evening, pls can i have a link to the humber group chat?

Papapa1234:
You can start the group ,post link and ask people to join..thats how we started HUMBER Group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 12:09am On Aug 22, 2022
EagleEye4040:
Iffa talk now they will say Eagle eye have come again So people that got 2 Ghost updates get 2 VO? Abi people that got Ghost update after medical was updated, it was electrician that update their medical? They did not have VO before? Abi people that did not get any ghost update, na Iya Basira for Ojota bridge work on their application?

I said it before. When you don't know something, just skip the question. No just say anything. Nobody knows it all. So it's okay if you don't have answer. Later now, u will say u forgot

You should be quiet sometimes.

Everyone knows that "active review" means your file has been assigned to an officer for a final decision. They didn't mean that it was never assigned to a visa officer prior to that point or that the application was never looked at. It simply means a final decision is imminent.

You seem to get a rise out of attacking this particular guru and I'll specifically be reporting you for bullying if this happens again.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Treasure134: 12:29am On Aug 22, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hi Treasure134,

You can easily order your SOP on www.gigdraft.com. Just click on Instant Price Quote and other steps are illustrative. Moreover, there's a Naira Bank Transfer option at checkout in case you prefer a Naira payment.

P.S. Service Type would be Visa SOP

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 12:37am On Aug 22, 2022
chuksinfotech:

Good day

Regards,

@makano
@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow

After submitting application and passing complete application check including biometrics, application will progress to eligibility Review...

Eligibility Under review: Inshort it is Based on -assessment to determine if you meet eligibility requirements by junior officer eligibility may be;
Recommend interview, review required,Recommend passed

Eligibility under active review After your assessment to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements at this time your case is now assigned to a senior officer to make a further review of the whole application the visa officer may also uphold or oppose the previous assessment made by junior officer at this stage the final decision will made on the application....To Approve or Refuse application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 12:57am On Aug 22, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 22, 2022
Good morning everyone

3rd of August, I received a mail that states my application is under active review.

15th August another mail states it is in queue for processing.

Pls find attached the two mails received and kindly help interpret.

June 9 applicant, upfront medical passed, biometrics updated and eligibility started July 24th.

Your inputs will be appreciated

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by fenwag: 1:19am On Aug 22, 2022
Alright...

Can you send me an email on fenwagabriel92@gmail.com, let's talk more
Fredba:
Same case here I’m going to humber too, I already mail them yesterday

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 1:33am On Aug 22, 2022
Go and do an upfront medical to save you time on your application
ANGELAFELIX:
Hello everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.