Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219281 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wasiubello: 9:54am On May 20, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Most Nigerian dollar cards don't work.

I had the same issue when I used my uba dollar card.

Get someone abroad to help you pay.

Or you can use a virtual dollar card.

Geegpay has a virtual dollar card service
Thank bro, my fear with Geegpay is that one cannot withdraw the money on their card and all other virtual cards. So if the card didn't work like the GTB card, then you can not get back your money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shukusheka(m): 9:55am On May 20, 2023
Please I just found out Globus bank cannot be used for Mybankstatement. What other options do I have available? I intended to apply this weekend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Slimboss042: 10:09am On May 20, 2023
CanadaQueen:
Congratulations!!!
Please, can you enlighten us more on the reasons for refusal and how you tackled it. So we can learn. Thanks.

the reasons was based on finance even though I submitted my sponsor bank statement but the money in my bank statement then wasn't much. So I fund my account, paid 1 year tuition fee then reapplied.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 10:09am On May 20, 2023
wasiubello:

Thank bro, my fear with Geegpay is that one cannot withdraw the money on their card and all other virtual cards. So if the card didn't work like the GTB card, then you can not get back your money
True

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jay130: 10:28am On May 20, 2023
Good day house!
My Form A is taking forever, so I don’t want to wait for form A anymore. I want to pay at blackmarket rate.
Will I just enter the bank , then give them the details on the flywire Invoice, then they can make a direct transfer/wire transfer from my account to flywire so that flywire can send to the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 10:30am On May 20, 2023
Jay130:
Good day house!
My Form A is taking forever, so I don’t want to wait for form A anymore. I want to pay at blackmarket rate.
Will I just enter the bank , then give them the details on the flywire Invoice, then they can make a direct transfer/wire transfer from my account to flywire so that flywire can send to the school?

How long have you been waiting now??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jay130: 10:44am On May 20, 2023
zubizareta:

How long have you been waiting now??

3months. But now I’ll just pay the black market rate . Tired of checking the stvpid site everyday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:06am On May 20, 2023
wasiubello:

Hi Wasiu, when did you fund the card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 11:08am On May 20, 2023
Shukusheka:
Please I just found out Globus bank cannot be used for Mybankstatement. What other options do I have available? I intended to apply this weekend.
Since MBS is not available at Globus bank, use the normal bank statement. Make sure it clear and authenticated. Better still add a reference letter from the bank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:34am On May 20, 2023
You can request a reconsideration if you believe that in assessing your application, the VO made an error in law or somehow erred; simply disagreeing is not a factor. For instance, you can request a reconsideration if a VO ignores a vital document. Remember, IRCC is not obligated to consider or respond to your request, though they are obligated to note that they received it; that’s it.

Based on your information, your uncle has sufficient funds, but it seems the VO doubts the relationship, source and access to the funds. So, wait for your Gcms note before you reapply.
Also, I believe you did a poor job explaining the relationship and demonstrating the commitment your uncle showed.

Why change the program after completing a semester? You should be fine if you address the concerns; most Vos will treat your application kindly, having completed a semester and paid for the upcoming one.

You can do GIC, but addressing random deposit and providing supporting documents for the relationship (affidavit, photos, chats, evidence of prior support etc.) should lead to a positive outcome
tarmmey:
Hello guys please i want you to help me look into this.

I was just refused based on financial for the third time. I am going for a two years course sponsored by my uncle. I have completed my first semester online and i have also made school fees payment for the next two semesters making it remaining just one more semester payment. I had 5m in my personal savings account which i explained the lump sum of 4m from my dad with deed of gift, my uncle also transferred $10k cad to my domiciliary account. i also showed my uncles soa with $42k cad proved relationship with previous financial support and parents birth certificate. but still got refused the officers concern was;
Insufficient fund for proposed travel
not satisfied i would be able to pay school fees
not satisfied i have funds to maintain myself.

Iapplied for gcms it is not out yet.

Is it advisable for me to apply for a reconsideration?

Or i was thinking i change my program to a one year course and with that my funds will be sufficient and i can just use my uncle as a supplementary support…
as i have excess tuition fee paid and will do gic of 10k which is more than enough for a semester as i have completed my first semester online

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:40am On May 20, 2023
You can use a bank account in any part of the world. So, your account in Nigeria is acceptable.

As a sponsor, an affidavit of sponsorship is sufficient. It is also acceptable to transfer funds to his account and provide an explanation.
DeejahAJ:
I want to ask about POF. My husband is the main applicant and myself and our child will accompany him, his program starts Jan 2024.

The question is that since we live in Europe, will it be an issue to have part of our proof of funds in our Nigerian account and part in our account here. This is cos I have some funds in my Firstbank account which we wish to use as part of POF. Do you think that the VO will have problem with us saving some of our money in Nigeria?

Also, since my husband is the main applicant, do I need to do an affidavit that the money is available to him as well, or should I just transfer all the money to him and then we explain how the lump sum came to be?

Thanks in advance for suggestions?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:51am On May 20, 2023
Keep sending them emails and asking for proof of refund so you can follow up with CIBC.
Note that the refund process can take several months
Usually, they send refunds to the same bank account used for the payment.
Reach out to their international student office
Seneca is a reputable school; you should get your refund.
NeverInDoubt:
I need help guys.

I had admission to Seneca college and I was due to resume this May but unfortunately my study permit application was denied twice.

I had filed for tuition deposit refund from Seneca college and they replied after two weeks that my tuition has been refunded, it's been 5 weeks now and I am yet to receive it.

Seneca lied to me that the delay might be with CIBC, their payment partner via which my tuition was paid. I contacted CIBC as regards that and they stated in clear terms that no refund has been initiated from Seneca so far. I took a screenshot of the response from CIBC and sent to Seneca, and Seneca responded that they'll investigate the status of the fund, it has taken another 3 weeks since they said they're investigating the status of the fund.

Please has anyone has tuition refund issue with Seneca (or any Canadian institution) , and how did they go about it?
How I need the service of a lawyer in Canada to get my refund back?

I already had another offer in an European school and I need to make tuition deposit as well but Seneca is reluctant in refunding my money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 12:02pm On May 20, 2023
wasiubello:

The card has not worked, I even tried it again now, I am so so worried bro

Its a debit dollar card from GTB

Yes, it has been activated, I have been using it for over a year now. In fact, it is the same card my friend used to pay for his Canada visa last year and I have been using it almost on a daily basis to make transactions online.

Friends what do I do? i am running out of time
Go to your bank and have them send the funds via your dollar acc. You’re just wasting time using the card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 12:02pm On May 20, 2023
Won't say that for Chipper Cash.

I add funds to my USD card and after payment, withdraw the excess back to wallet and into my Sterling Bank account.
No stress.
wasiubello:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yunger: 12:08pm On May 20, 2023
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=Annidenobeh post=122593346]Hi guys
Please has anyone used Skyscanner to book a flight
Is it legit

Also is there anyone going to prince Edward island this fall[/yea me, what’s your number or snap]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 12:28pm On May 20, 2023
Please who can help me with a sample of sponsorship letter? My sponsor needs it please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 12:31pm On May 20, 2023
Bamz555:

U must have been doing something in the past 4/5 years. So u need to give account of it and how u have earned an income from it. Then whatever u intend to go study must conform with whatever u have been doing all those years, which means u can’t be 100% sponsored. U should have some personal funds too. Although anything is possible in the end😊

Okay.. Thank you so much for your response. But my aunty has been sponsoring my school since secondary education.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Realion07: 12:48pm On May 20, 2023
Good day
Pls what is needed at the port of entry on a student visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 12:57pm On May 20, 2023
wasiubello:

The card has not worked, I even tried it again now, I am so so worried bro

Its a debit dollar card from GTB

Yes, it has been activated, I have been using it for over a year now. In fact, it is the same card my friend used to pay for his Canada visa last year and I have been using it almost on a daily basis to make transactions online.

Friends what do I do? i am running out of time
Are you sure the card hasn’t expired? Have you contacted gtb to complain as well ? I used my own uba prepaid dollar card make the payment twice without no issue . And if you feel lik using a virtual card you can go for chipper cash
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 1:10pm On May 20, 2023
wasiubello:
Hi Gurus in the house, I need urgent help. I just finished uploading all forms to the Canada Online Service, but the big problem is that I can't make payment for the application fee.

There is no visible button to click and make a payment. I tried to use the IRRC portal, but they required an invitation code. How do I submit my study visa application? What is the new way to do it?

Someone should guide me on what to do.

There’s something you haven’t submitted, look at it there, “proof of upfront medical examination”
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sanmile21: 1:13pm On May 20, 2023
Army2022:
What additional documents did they request for? Give them exactly what they asked for and wait for your PPR.

They haven't requested for medical i didn't do upfront medical they just requested for additional doc " updated bank statements "
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cadno(m): 1:15pm On May 20, 2023
ShowYoung:

Mohawk College is a DLI and offers PGWP-eligible programs. I cannot tell whether or not your program of study is PGWP-eligible since you have provided a limited information about that here.

For medical examination, if you are intending to stay in Canada for more than six months, you need a medical examination.

Even if you fill in that you are not staying for more than six months, and IRCC gets wind that you may want to stay for a longer period, they will automatically require you to submit a medical examination.

Example of this scenario is when you apply for an SOWP for your spouse and a Visitor Visa for your accompanying child. It is evident that your child isn't coming back before a period of six months elapses and that the child would want to study because SOWP is meant for spouses of international students. In this case, they will ask you to submit a medical examination report for the child applying for Visitor Visa.

Automatically, they would issue the child Visitor Record at the port of entry which will enable the child to study and stay beyond six months without renewal until the expiration of the Visitor Visa.

Thanks, but can one work ( get a Job )in Canada with Visitors Visa??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 1:37pm On May 20, 2023
You guys should learn how to be practical in your SOP. Reference whatever you are saying within the text.
For example; I have enough financial support and backup for my study. First, I have paid my first year tuition fee (see receipt in figure 1). I also have the sum of $13,000 CAD to sustain myself for the first year, with another $2,000 CAD for miscellaneous. The available fund in my account/sponsor's account is #20,000,000, which is equivalent to $57,142 CAD (see figure 2 for the balance in the account). The total expenses I budget for my first year for living expenses is $15,000 CAD, which exceed the requred amount by the IRCC from students hoping to live outside Quebec, $10,000 CAD. (put IRCC website that shows the information here).

You need to explain with evidence how you are going to pay for your second year tuition, and how you are going to feed for the second year.

Note: I am not an expert. I just put this up based on what I've been reading on this nairaland.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nancymikky(f): 1:53pm On May 20, 2023
Please I urgently need an advice on this: a savings and loan cooperative society that am doing daily contribution with, paid 600,000 naira of my savings with them into my account ( that I want to use as my proof of fund), will it cause a red flag for me? And do I need to explain it to the IRCC Visa officers in my SOP.??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prime1(m): 1:55pm On May 20, 2023
Slimboss042:
the reasons was based on finance even though I submitted my sponsor bank statement but the money in my bank statement then wasn't much. So I fund my account, paid 1 year tuition fee then reapplied.

Hello, slimboss. Could you kindly provide the approximate amount in your account at the time when your visa application was initially denied, as well as the range of funds you had when you reapplied? It would be helpful for me to understand how I should handle my own finances. Your response would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tarmmey: 2:20pm On May 20, 2023
Thank you for your response. I showed the chat between me and my uncle, prior support, affidavit of support and relationship between me and my uncle by uploading my mother’s birthday certificate.

I am also applying for the same course and same college but instead of sgbm thinking of changing it to gbm ao with that my full tuition would have been paid and my uncle’s account will just be a supplementary there are no random deposits in both my account and my uncle’s account

bullstriker:
You can request a reconsideration if you believe that in assessing your application, the VO made an error in law or somehow erred; simply disagreeing is not a factor. For instance, you can request a reconsideration if a VO ignores a vital document. Remember, IRCC is not obligated to consider or respond to your request, though they are obligated to note that they received it; that’s it.

Based on your information, your uncle has sufficient funds, but it seems the VO doubts the relationship, source and access to the funds. So, wait for your Gcms note before you reapply.
Also, I believe you did a poor job explaining the relationship and demonstrating the commitment your uncle showed.

Why change the program after completing a semester? You should be fine if you address the concerns; most Vos will treat your application kindly, having completed a semester and paid for the upcoming one.

You can do GIC, but addressing random deposit and providing supporting documents for the relationship (affidavit, photos, chats, evidence of prior support etc.) should lead to a positive outcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwale: 2:33pm On May 20, 2023
Ask me anyting about conestoga am der to give you fully details cus that my school.
DY619:

Can i email you, i have some questions about Conestoga college i would want to know cause I’m about applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2kurupt(m): 3:04pm On May 20, 2023
Nancymikky:
Please I urgently need an advice on this: a savings and loan cooperative society that am doing daily contribution with, paid 600,000 naira of my savings with them into my account ( that I want to use as my proof of fund), will it cause a red flag for me? And do I need to explain it to the IRCC Visa officers in my SOP.??

Depends on the range of amounts that have been dropping into the account. If you've not been receiving that kind of amount within the statement period then it's a lump sum

Explain that you've belong to a contribution thrift club for XYZ number of years and that was your turn to be paid, citing some previous month's you've paid the contribution too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:48pm On May 20, 2023
Sounds good
tarmmey:
Thank you for your response. I showed the chat between me and my uncle, prior support, affidavit of support and relationship between me and my uncle by uploading my mother’s birthday certificate.

I am also applying for the same course and same college but instead of sgbm thinking of changing it to gbm ao with that my full tuition would have been paid and my uncle’s account will just be a supplementary there are no random deposits in both my account and my uncle’s account

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 4:19pm On May 20, 2023
It's a good sign.
Go to your bank, get a new SOA and I'll suggest you also request another reference letter from your bank for this new one.
Congratulations in advance 😁.
I'll advice you book your medical appointment now. From my observation, those that waited to get a medical request first, end up "very worried" about getting a closer appointment date. Because of the limited time frame.

P.s This is one of the reasons why people shouldn't tamper with their POF while their application is still ongoing.
Sanmile21:

They haven't requested for medical i didn't do upfront medical they just requested for additional doc " updated bank statements "

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.