Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1213323 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by obinwanne(m): 12:07am On May 30, 2023
Greetings Nairalanders, please I have an issue.

My aunt submitted a study permit application via the new portal and while filling the forms online, she answered that she’s married and she’s going with her husband and her 5 months old baby. The application was submitted as a group with her as the principal applicant. But she was debited only $150(she did biometrics in 2021 when she submitted a first application that was denied). She expected to be debited of her husband’s visa and biometrics fees and her daughter’s visa fee since she stated she will be traveling with both them to Canada when filing her form.

Now, her medicals have been requested but no update on her husband’s and daughter’s. Does it mean she has to submit a fresh application for her husband and daughter?

Please, what can she do to fix the issue because she can’t travel without her baby especially?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mukamaasimwe: 12:26am On May 30, 2023
Hello guys,i want to submit my study permit application and am supposed to start school on 29 august 2023 is it possible for me to submit my visa application.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 12:51am On May 30, 2023
isangjohnson:
PLEASE I NEED URGENT ADVISE!
My brother's admission is REVOKED this evening. He got LOA for Conestoga College on March 01,2023 and the following information:
Classes Start September 05, 2023.
$1,500 non refundable deposit was to be paid on or before March 31,2023.
The balance of the first semester tuition fees to be paid on or before June 13, 2023.
First Academic year tuition fee was $18,794Cdn.
First semester tuition was $10,129Cdn.
Since we couldn't get the complete/expected amount on time for the POF, we told a friend who was helping us for the admission in Canada to push for referral after paying the acceptance fees and we were processing the first semester tuition fee as well via FormA.
He applied for the referral but was refused due to non payment of one full semester fees.
In April 14,2023, new admission was issued to my brother with the following information:
Classes Start January 08,204.
$1,500Cdn non refundable deposit to be paid on or before May 11,2023.
The balance of the first semester tuition fees are to be paid on or before October 10,2023.
First Academic year tuition fee $18,502Cdn.
First semester fee $9,837Cdn.
QUESTIONS:
1.Why will the admission revoke when a new admission/LOA has been given and dateline for the payment of first semester tuition fee is October 10,2023?
2. If at all the school was still working on the dateline of the first admission letter/LOA, why was the second admission letter issued?
3. What should we do now?
PLEASE PEOPLE SHOULD ADVISE US APPROPRIATELY.
We have already paid the acceptance fees from the first admission letter given and we were waiting for FormA approval to pay the first semester tuition fees balance as we were working on the new dateline of October 10,2023 from the second admission letter/LOA.

The REVOKED LETTER has the following informations:
Term: Winter 2024.
Campus: Doon.
Start Date: January 08,2023.
Offer Issued Date: April 11, 2023.
Offer Expiry Date: May 11,2023.
Offer for the program revoke due to program/campus change, late/no payment, registration date passed, visa issue.
We gave our friend the acceptance fees to pay in February this year and he told us the money was paid.
Does it mean, we were supposed to pay another acceptance fee for the new admission letter/LOA given to us for the referral?

PLEASE, I NEED URGENT HELP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prime1(m): 1:09am On May 30, 2023
West0099:
alright bro

have you seen a group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:16am On May 30, 2023
madayaya:
Hello every please I need guidance on how to apply for a diploma in nursing in Canada, no bsc just waec

No, it may be difficult to get admission. You need to do a pre health course first.

However, you can try, anything is possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenelly(f): 1:25am On May 30, 2023
Please can someone send the link to the new portal or direct me on how to get there from the IRCC website

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by seunpinky(m): 1:28am On May 30, 2023
What’s the best way to approach this scenario!!

A friend has gotten admission into a Canadian college. Her dad is late and she’s being sponsored by her guardian who is based in the USA.

The guardian has been responsible for her education for the past 5 years in Nigeria and has paid 70% of the Canadian tuition fees using his credit card and is willing to also drop his bank statements, notarized letter of sponsorship, employment letter etc. However, he is not willing to send the pof and balance of school fees to the student nigerian bank account due to nigeria foreign exchange issues.

What is the best way to go about the visa application to proof that he is obligated to make all the necessary funds available to her?

Asides the notarized letter of sponsorship, evidence of payment of fees from his American bank account, what other docs should he provide to help solidify the application?

@ShowYoung @macsilver @bullstriker and every other member.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 1:32am On May 30, 2023
Mukamaasimwe:
Hello guys,i want to submit my study permit application and am supposed to start school on 29 august 2023 is it possible for me to submit my visa application.thanks
Yes you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by madayaya: 1:40am On May 30, 2023
Ok so what diploma course can one do with just BSc?
ShowYoung:

No, it may be difficult to get admission. You need to do a pre health course first.

However, you can try, anything is possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Beelkiz(f): 1:57am On May 30, 2023
This is the message I got from agent today after denial. Please what can I do
Good day, To be honest, this isn’t a message I planned on writing, it is my first one yet and I am really sad about it, although I have been thinking about it all day knowing fully well the time it took and the plans, emotions, effort and money spent on this project

We tried our best but We didn’t get the desired result from IRCC, and I just got the letter today.

The way forward and solution.
My boss said this could be because we said you’re employed and have the employement letter documents and ID there so he is suggesting that we try again.
We will appreciate if you can help us and cooperate with us.
1. Kindly fund your acct with 10m for one month, after the first week of putting the money in the acct, print the statement so we can submit with it.
2. Dad also need to find his acct the same way.
We will pay the application fee. No need for biometric or medical again.

We did the fixed deposit acct for proof of funds but we recently heard that they have not been reconning with it in the past couple of weeks after finding out that the account submmited by some other agents in lagos are empty.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Beelkiz(f): 1:59am On May 30, 2023
Beelkiz:
please someone should please help me this is beyond what I can comprehend

Good day, To be honest, this isn’t a message I planned on writing, it is my first one yet and I am really sad about it, although I have been thinking about it all day knowing fully well the time it took and the plans, emotions, effort and money spent on this project

We tried our best but We didn’t get the desired result from IRCC, and I just got the letter today.

My boss said this could be because we said you’re employed and have the employement letter documents and ID there so he is suggesting that we try again.
1. Kindly fund your acct with 10m for one month, after the first week of putting the money in the acct, print the statement so we can submit with it.

We did the fixed deposit acct for proof of funds but we recently heard that they have not been reconning with it in the past couple of weeks after finding out that the account submmited by some other agents in lagos are empty.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 2:14am On May 30, 2023
Slimboss042:
It's PPR guys
Third time applicant. Finally God did it
First refusal January 6 2023
Second refusal march 29 hmmmm

Repackaged and reapplied the third time
Submission may 3rd.
PPR may 18th. Truly what God cannot do does not exist. Keep trusting God yours is the next.

Please someone should add me to university of manitoba WhatsApp group please.
Congratulations!!! Have you been added to the group yet??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:48am On May 30, 2023
Answering “Yes” does not mean she applied for them, and the fee amount confirms that she submitted for one applicant. Once the application is approved, she can apply for the child and follow it up with an email and/or web form with the subject line ‘Urgent.’
obinwanne:
Greetings Nairalanders, please I have an issue.

My aunt submitted a study permit application via the new portal and while filling the forms online, she answered that she’s married and she’s going with her husband and her 5 months old baby. The application was submitted as a group with her as the principal applicant. But she was debited only $150(she did biometrics in 2021 when she submitted a first application that was denied). She expected to be debited of her husband’s visa and biometrics fees and her daughter’s visa fee since she stated she will be traveling with both them to Canada when filing her form.

Now, her medicals have been requested but no update on her husband’s and daughter’s. Does it mean she has to submit a fresh application for her husband and daughter?

Please, what can she do to fix the issue because she can’t travel without her baby especially?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:49am On May 30, 2023
1500 is transferable to the new program or start date, and Conestoga cannot withdraw your admission before the deadline to pay the balance. Have you been receiving emails from Conestoga regarding admission and payment? If the answer is no, ask for the receipt for the 1500 deposit (Conestoga sends the receipt within a week or two after receiving it), contact the school to explain the situation and ask them to change the email address. Something doesn’t seem right...
isangjohnson:

PLEASE, I NEED URGENT HELP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:06am On May 30, 2023
Fund transfer is not mandatory; it is just one of many ways to show commitment. Moreover, the guardian has demonstrated strong commitment by paying 70% of the tuition fee – this is a strong commitment. In addition, it seems there is other evidence of prior support from the guardian. For example, the guardian has been responsible for her education for the last 5 years and can pay the tuition balance directly from the account. Support this claim with bank transactions highlighting the transactions in the guardian's bank statement for not just the applicant but the mother and siblings, if applicable. Also, submit an affidavit, photos, a letter from the mother, and other evidence of support (not just financial).
seunpinky:

A friend has gotten admission into a Canadian college. Her dad is late and she’s being sponsored by her guardian who is based in the USA.

The guardian has been responsible for her education for the past 5 years in Nigeria and has paid 70% of the Canadian tuition fees using his credit card and is willing to also drop his bank statements, notarized letter of sponsorship, employment letter etc. However, he is not willing to send the pof and balance of school fees to the student nigerian bank account due to nigeria foreign exchange issues.

What is the best way to go about the visa application to proof that he is obligated to make all the necessary funds available to her?

Asides the notarized letter of sponsorship, evidence of payment of fees from his American bank account, what other docs should he provide to help solidify the application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by seunpinky(m): 3:20am On May 30, 2023
bullstriker:
Fund transfer is not mandatory; it is just one of many ways to show commitment. Moreover, the guardian has demonstrated strong commitment by paying 70% of the tuition fee – this is a strong commitment. In addition, it seems there is other evidence of prior support from the guardian. For example, the guardian has been responsible for her education for the last 5 years and can pay the tuition balance directly from the account. Support this claim with bank transactions highlighting the transactions in the guardian's bank statement for not just the applicant but the mother and siblings, if applicable. Also, submit an affidavit, photos, a letter from the mother, and other evidence of support (not just financial).
Thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:00am On May 30, 2023
Lina231:

That is the message from irrc and the reply from my lawyer… seriously I don’t even know what is going on
He keeps saying nothing yet since March
Read the letter very well nau
Your agent answered NO , that’s you have never been denied a visa to Canada or us or any other country before . The VO found out it was lie reason u were given PFL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:08am On May 30, 2023
dbom:
please i am looking for someone going to the university of winnipeg or university of manitoba that is willing to rent a 2 bedroom with me
i also heard there is a whatsapp group how can i join
Check your email , I messaged u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnpaul1099: 4:12am On May 30, 2023
ShowYoung:

If you have time to wait to get your PR before starting your PhD, going the PR route is the best because of the followings;

1. Low tuition fees about 1/3rd. PR holders and citizens pay way less than international students.
2. Bursaries.
3. Study loan from the Government of Canada.
4. Scholarships for Canadians and PR holders.
5. Free health insurance.
6. Subsidized housing.
7. No struggle in bringing in your family members. All of you get PR at the same time.

Thank you so much for this advise, I'm grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by saxwizard(m): 4:12am On May 30, 2023
I have some gaps between when I finished school and now.

But I have my work experience to cover for those gaps.

What are my chances?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lina231: 4:29am On May 30, 2023
jaydave:

Read the letter very well nau
Your agent answered NO , that’s you have never been denied a visa to Canada or us or any other country before . The VO found out it was lie reason u were given PFL

It was just a silly mistake and it was blank nothing was fill in the space… pls what can I do at this point it is taking forever
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:53am On May 30, 2023
seunpinky:

My take on this is to eliminate all possible risk. Your guardian can buy you a GIC to further prove his commitment.

Let us suppose that your total tuition fee and living expenses is 25m, your guardian has 30m in his/her account with 5 children still schooling. Automatically, it is evident that the guardian cannot sponsor you. The VO would dispute your guardian's ability to finance your education. Nobody would give someone 25m out 30m when there are still other responsibilities around his/her shoulder.

The only time it will be good to have the funds reside in your sponsor account is when the ratio of your finance is way less than the remaining balance after deducting your cost of studying. An example is if I promise to be responsible for someone studying to the tune of 25m and I have 50m in my account, it is understandable that I have the financial capability given that that person I want to sponsor is closely related to me because VOs know that I won't be so generous to give 25m to just a brother of my brother that is given birth to by another mother different from my mother's mother.

I hope you get the gist.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:07am On May 30, 2023
madayaya:
Ok so what diploma course can one do with just BSc?

If you have a bachelor's degree, you should enroll for post graduate diploma, post graduate certificate or master's degree.

Meanwhile, if you wish to go for a diploma course, you should be ready to provide convincing explanations as to why you have a higher qualification and choose to pursue a lower qualification.

However, if you are applying with just O'level, you should be fine applying for a diploma course, but you will hide your bachelor's degree forever which you don't want to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gbenag2000: 5:11am On May 30, 2023
Thank you for the response.
Accessed:

Send only your new passport. The previous passport number already reflects on the current passport. Infact, they may not even allow you submit the 2 passports.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:27am On May 30, 2023
Oluseun234:
Pls I need honest advice for someone who already has a Netherlands MSc degree with no solid work experience since 2015 but has a small start-up company in Nigeria and want to relocate to Canada, can he apply for a Postgraduate Diploma course and not have issues regarding visa grant? Cos he cannot pay for another MSc and would like to go for a programme without thesis since he already has acquired SUCH in Netherlands. He just needs a professional certificate but should be recognised by the Canadian embassy for visa. Can someone please say if he should apply for studies again and is it true that students who do not make an initial deposit for their tuition will be sent back home at Canada airport even if it is a no=deposit programme ?

Can someone please post the new full requirements for study visa application if you want to self fund or use a sponsor?

For example, will the sponsor have to provide evidence of landed property and tax certificate if he already has CAC document?

If it is a limited liability company, will the sponsor have to show evidence of relationship ties with shareholders and attestation of birth certificate/ notarized relationship affidavit with the sponsor?

If it is self-funded and you have your own company, but you have zero balance in the current account but money in your savings and will you have to show proof of former employment places that were listed in your CV before you set up your company etc?

I am just reading different requirements requested here and there please I want one or two persons to please list the detailed requirements for Canada Postgraduate Study Visa (single person), Conference and Tourist visa (single person) as of 2023 so I know how to prepare the documents and which pathway to choose based on the availability of documents for any of the visa type.

Thanks

You have many CFA questions packed in one post. I will try to answer as many as possible though.

1. Pursuing a lower qualification program is not a problem if you can provide convincing explanations to back it up, although it is not easy but it is doable. People with master's degree have successfully applied for diploma courses-- a two-year post secondary program-- and got visa approvals in the past.

This means your wish to go for PGD or PGC can be justified. Not everyone wishes to invest 3 to 4 years to pursue a PhD. PhD should not be seen as a must have.

2. If your school does not require that you pay a tuition deposit, you don't need to pay it; but you will find it difficult to point out one school that doesn't require at least $500 or something to reserve your seat.

3. As per the requirements, each person's situation is different. Generally, you need to provide your admission offer letter, tuition deposit receipt if applicable, your proof of funds (bank statements, GIC etc), transcripts and certificates, Statement of Purpose, proof of ties to home (marriage certificate, landed property document, business etc), medical examination report if ready, international passport and digital photo and many more depending on your case.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 5:51am On May 30, 2023
seunpinky:

She can open a domiciliary account. That way the exchange rate risk is eliminated. She can then use the money to open a GIC if she chooses. The Uncle should also attach his pay slip and evidence/ source of his income. Evidence of previous payments for her education can also prove ties to her uncle and convince the VO that the funds are not just for demonstrative purposes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by macdeeza: 5:59am On May 30, 2023
planning on submitting a study permit but i have a question.
i have 2m naira deposited into my bank account for the month of March and another 2m for April as well as May.
Will these deposits count as lump sum.
My basic monthly salary is about 800k
Please i need response ASAP
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 6:34am On May 30, 2023
Anyone going to university of Windsor January 2024?? Any whatsapp or telegram group that I can join also?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 6:50am On May 30, 2023
macdeeza:
planning on submitting a study permit but i have a question.
i have 2m naira deposited into my bank account for the month of March and another 2m for April as well as May.
Will these deposits count as lump sum.
My basic monthly salary is about 800k
Please i need response ASAP
thanks

Just have an explanation for the funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Beelkiz(f): 7:39am On May 30, 2023
Beelkiz:
please can someone help me out with this situation. I don't even know where to start

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Slimboss042: 7:53am On May 30, 2023
Yemlizzy:

Congratulations!!! Have you been added to the group yet??

Yes. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.