Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1248989 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
SLOVFO:

They will send you a copy of the medical results in addition to sending them to IRCC.

Okay, thanks for the response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
Thank you very much for your response.

jaydave:

The visitor visa will be the trv to enter into Canada while d study permit is what’s needed to study in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bayonle2k15: 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Have you tried collecting your passport?

No, I have not. I thought the right thing would be for them (IRCC) to send my passport to the VFS for collection abi is there something I need to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teeebabyyy: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I would greatly appreciate if someone could share the list of documents required for study permit application of a Minor(15years).
I understand there might be additional documents required which may be different from that of a regular study permit application. Any input will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
arie7:

It’s not bringing out any selection on the branch box, typed all the branches in Lagos still not going through.

Also check your internet connection. Poor internet may give rise to this issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bayonle2k15: 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hi everyone, Please, I sincerely need your advice on my study permit application to the Canadian Embassy.

My application was submitted on March 13th with all necessary documents, including an upfront medical.

On March 30th, I received a notification on my portal that a decision had been made on my application and that I should submit my original travel document (passport).

Passport submitted on April 14th; however, on April 22nd, I received another letter on my portal saying that I should proceed with my medical examination.

I sent a response from my portal that I had already done my medical and the result had been forwarded to them from IOM (I quote the date for this as I was able to get it from the IOM office).

Two (2) days after my response, IRCC replied they'd gotten all my documents, medical included.

Now I haven't received anything from them since mid-April, and my programme in canada had already started.

DOESN'T IT LOOK LIKE MY VISA IS APPROVED ALREADY, AND WHAT DO YOU GURUS THINK I SHOULD DO AT THIS TIME?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello guys, I have a question. If you are granted a study permit until November 2024, and your program is completing on July 2027, do you have to reapply for study permit or what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bayonle2k15: 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Please is there anyone that had gone through this challenge before and how long do I have to wait for my visa to be released?

bayonle2k15:
Hi everyone, Please, I sincerely need your advice on my study permit application to the Canadian Embassy.

My application was submitted on March 13th with all necessary documents, including an upfront medical.

On March 30th, I received a notification on my portal that a decision had been made on my application and that I should submit my original travel document (passport).

Passport submitted on April 14th; however, on April 22nd, I received another letter on my portal saying that I should proceed with my medical examination.

I sent a response from my portal that I had already done my medical and the result had been forwarded to them from IOM (I quote the date for this as I was able to get it from the IOM office).

Two (2) days after my response, IRCC replied they'd gotten all my documents, medical included.

Now I haven't received anything from them since mid-April, and my programme in canada had already started.

DOESN'T IT LOOK LIKE MY VISA IS APPROVED ALREADY, AND WHAT DO YOU GURUS THINK I SHOULD DO AT THIS TIME?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
sudo1986:
Hello guys, I have a question. If you are granted a study permit until November 2024, and your program is completing on July 2027, do you have to reapply for study permit or what?

How was this possible in the first place. Best bet is apply for study permit extension when you are in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sonofares: 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
Uzorsammy:
Is anyone coming to Canada and coming to school in Conestoga College and looking for accommodation can hit me up?

Going end of month , Vancouver.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
Teeebabyyy:
Hello Everyone,
I would greatly appreciate if someone could share the list of documents required for study permit application of a Minor(15years).
I understand there might be additional documents required which may be different from that of a regular study permit application. Any input will be appreciated.

Once you fill the checklist on GCKey, it will come up with the required documents. The additional documents for a minor will be a custodian declaration form (Can be downloaded from IRCC website) to be filled by a guardian in Canada and Parents in Nigeria and notarized on both sides, as well as a consent letter from non-accompanying parent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glock22: 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2023

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
Glock22:

Will be deleted shortly

Happy Graduation! Congrats !! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samuelkingz(m): 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
Good evening house , please I need help.

I recently applied to conestoga college and have paid my initial deposit and gotten receipt. The issue now is I was recently denied and want to reapply so I’ve paid some money towards my tuition but I’m yet to get any receipt. Sent a mail and they said it would be uploaded to my ocas portal but it’s been since the ist of June but nothing yet. I’ve even uploaded the flywire receipt still yet.

Please house, advise me on how I can go about this. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sunmisola95: 8:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello everyone please,I need help…can someone of Age 28 apply for an undergraduate program in canada? What advise can you give someone that has only a Waec certificate and wants to use the study route,please it’s urgent…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sunmisola95:
Hello everyone please,I need help…can someone of Age 28 apply for an undergraduate program in canada? What advise can you give someone that has only a Waec certificate and wants to use the study route,please it’s urgent…

Yes, it is possible irrespective of your age and qualifications.

There are many things to consider: some of them are:
1. Career Progression.
2. What job/occupation are you into now?
3. What course do you want to study?
4. With WAEC, you must enroll for an undergraduate course.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ayobamiaz:

I will advise you request for your GCMS note first before reapplying
It’s obvious its abt funding, i think he’s sponsors acct is low, in my own case i didnt wait for the gcms note ,i touched touched the general area and reinforced the former application!

Let him beef up acct and make sure he include birth cert of him and sponser frm npc also let him include pics and assets like land ,cars etc
@tosin481

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sunmisola95: 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Thank you so much…..And please what school can one apply to,cus my old UofM application is expired and I applied to Seneca and it wasn’t granted due to lack of space or so and I’m 28years old with only my Waec result and I’m trying to get into canada latest next year cus my previous application got refused by IRCC and my admission in UofM got canceled…So I’m trying to apply to another school that won’t require school fees until I’m In canada…any advise please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Please who can help me review my SOP and as well give me some corrections where necessary.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayodeji786: 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
anori:
So if I try to apply for a separate visitor visa, my study visa will be revoked?

No man.

Make sure you’re going early for a genuine reason

You’ll be questioned at the POE why coming early and never should you say I came to stay with my family. I’ve seen people study permit revoked and sent back to Nigeria.

You need to be careful when doing that as they might have for your flight final destination itinerary to confirm you’re really a genuine student and going to school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
Sunmisola95:
Thank you so much…..And please what school can one apply to,cus my old UofM application is expired and I applied to Seneca and it wasn’t granted due to lack of space or so and I’m 28years old with only my Waec result and I’m trying to get into canada latest next year cus my previous application got refused by IRCC and my admission in UofM got canceled…So I’m trying to apply to another school that won’t require school fees until I’m In canada…any advise please?
please when did you apply at Seneca college because I applied since February but I haven’t gotten response. U can apply to centennial college I heard their deposit is 2650 cd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by usman1000: 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
lomy:

Book online, print out the appointment letter and your payment receipt. On the day of appointment, take the letter, receipt and your passport to IOM. Go as early as 7am

Thank you so much for the information , I really appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Deolaw: 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
lomy:

Book online, print out the appointment letter and your payment receipt. On the day of appointment, take the letter, receipt and your passport to IOM. Go as early as 7am

Good evening. I tried to schedule an appointment but the site says I have an appointment even after many trials while no schedule is shown from my profile. I'm confused. I even tried another email I have but the same issue. What will you advise on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tosin481: 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
Zane2point4:

It’s obvious its abt funding, i think he’s sponsors acct is low, in my own case i didnt wait for the gcms note ,i touched touched the general area and reinforced the former application!

Let him beef up acct and make sure he include birth cert of him and sponser frm npc also let him include pics and assets like land ,cars etc
@tosin481
Thank you so much and God bless you. I am taking note already and will do the needful. I believe It will end in praise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.