Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1249929 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tosin481: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
technix:
Sorry to see this.

I would advise that you apply for GCMS note before you reapply.

However, the VO may not be convinced that your in-law will sponsor your education for 3 years.

Mmn that is another point. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tosin481: 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
zubizareta:

Wait..you said 5M or 50M??
5m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alexsim: 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello Family and friends

I got a refusal letter yesterday

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable

What could possibly be the problem, I had 12m in my account, 5m from land sales by my husband's name which was well explained with documents such deed of assignment, power of attorney, then a million naira support from the company where I work as an intern with a promotion, all with the letters from the company to backup that claim. I even added my GTB which shows my biz cements sales with invoices and photos of me there. although I work as an intern and don't get paid monthly, even attached my husband fashion design company registration document, our house valuation document worth 75m with pictures as well. Paid part of the school fees and attached payment receipts.

If there is anyone in the house who can assist, please I would appreciate because I would like to reapply and right now I do not know how to go about correcting what is wrong. my email is alexekp1@gmail.com

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tosin481: 11:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
ShowYoung:

The questions are:
1. What is the yearly tuition fee?
2. What amount of money did your sponsor show?
3. What is the ratio of your sponsor's wealth to your sponsorship.
4. What other responsibilities does your sponsor have? Examples are other children, business etc.
5. What documents did you show relating to your sponsor.

There are many more questions, but if you answer the questions above, you will be able to see your flaws (probably).

I still recommend GCMS notes.
Wow. It seems I didn't even consider no 3,4,5 questions. I have work to do Sincerely.

1. Yearly tuition is 9kCAD
2. My sponsor is showing 35k CAD and annual income of N25m

So grateful for your input

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tosin481: 11:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Accessed:

Sorry! I think your GCMS will provide clarity on the issue(s) the VO has with your application. However, a 3 year programme will require a lot in POF and even if it is fully funded, you will need to demonstrate capacity to fund should you be unable to retain the scholarship along the line.
Please get the GCMS first!
My life is in God's hands o. Thank you so much. I will do that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 12:08am On Jun 10, 2023
Hello House, i've have been trying to upload my family PDF doc on Gckey but it's not accepting it ...asking me to "remove document" with a yellow button. Pls any help from those who have applied SOWP in the past will be appreciated.

Cc: justwise, showYoung etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2023
Hello Guys. It feels so good to get medical request, because it points to one positive direction , until then, will remain calm.

Please I want to clarify something. Is it a must i wait for my medical appointment with IOM Hospital that is still far away? How feasible is it doing a walk in, and pleading with them to get it done?

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:14am On Jun 10, 2023
alexsim:
Hello Family and friends

I got a refusal letter yesterday

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable

What could possibly be the problem, I had 12m in my account, 5m from land sales by my husband's name which was well explained with documents such deed of assignment, power of attorney, then a million naira support from the company where I work as an intern with a promotion, all with the letters from the company to backup that claim. I even added my GTB which shows my biz cements sales with invoices and photos of me there. although I work as an intern and don't get paid monthly, even attached my husband fashion design company registration document, our house valuation document worth 75m with pictures as well. Paid part of the school fees and attached payment receipts.

If there is anyone in the house who can assist, please I would appreciate because I would like to reapply and right now I do not know how to go about correcting what is wrong. my email is alexekp1@gmail.com

Thanks alot
With all you have stated, I am certain it will be for a very minute reason you were denied. I advise you order your GCMS notes so you know the exact reason.

You could also send me your SOP let me review for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 10, 2023
You can try applying to university of saskatchewan, they don't require tuition deposit, you can also apply to Brandon university
Sunmisola95:
Thank you so much…..And please what school can one apply to,cus my old UofM application is expired and I applied to Seneca and it wasn’t granted due to lack of space or so and I’m 28years old with only my Waec result and I’m trying to get into canada latest next year cus my previous application got refused by IRCC and my admission in UofM got canceled…So I’m trying to apply to another school that won’t require school fees until I’m In canada…any advise please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluwashola4me(m): 1:50am On Jun 10, 2023
zubizareta:

With all you have stated, I am certain it will be for a very minute reason you were denied. I advise you order your GCMS notes so you know the exact reason.

You could also send me your SOP let me review for you.
Hello, Zubizareta
Please, my Canadian Study Permit application was submitted on June 01, 2023. But it was full of some inconsistencies, which made me request for its withdrawal. I addressed and corrected the issues in the withdrawal request tho.

But after some deep reflections, I raised another web form to retract the already submitted withdrawal request, what do you think about this decision pls?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 10, 2023
You can maybe send them a mail and attach your medical request letter,they might give you a closer date. Congratulations in advance
pristinee:
Hello Guys. It feels so good to get medical request, because it points to one positive direction , until then, will remain calm.

Please I want to clarify something. Is it a must i wait for my medical appointment with IOM Hospital that is still far away? How feasible is it doing a walk in, and pleading with them to get it done?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluwashola4me(m): 2:02am On Jun 10, 2023
Zane2point4:

It’s obvious its abt funding, i think he’s sponsors acct is low, in my own case i didnt wait for the gcms note ,i touched touched the general area and reinforced the former application!

Let him beef up acct and make sure he include birth cert of him and sponser frm npc also let him include pics and assets like land ,cars etc
@tosin481
Can an applicant tender a new Bank statement other than the one used for the first application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:14am On Jun 10, 2023
oluwashola4me:

Hello, Zubizareta
Please, my Canadian Study Permit application was submitted on June 01, 2023. But it was full of some inconsistencies, which made me request for its withdrawal. I addressed and corrected the issues in the withdrawal request tho.

But after some deep reflections, I raised another web form to retract the already submitted withdrawal request, what do you think about this decision pls?

Thank you.

Make me understand, you requested to withdraw a withdrawal request? Has the second withdrawal been successfully carried out??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:24am On Jun 10, 2023
oluwashola4me:

Can an applicant tender a new Bank statement other than the one used for the first application?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 2:37am On Jun 10, 2023
Deolaw:

Good evening. I tried to schedule an appointment but the site says I have an appointment even after many trials while no schedule is shown from my profile. I'm confused. I even tried another email I have but the same issue. What will you advise on this?

IOM right? I had same problem. I even had to go to their office and they said their site is currently down and all bookings are through emails. So, all you have to do is to send them a mail about scheduling an appointment with them and they will respond with the details you should provide and thereafter they schedule you for an earliest date possible. Mind you, the initial email you send may be responded in two/three days so just be patient. Also, ensure that you’re sending to the right email address, that is LAGOS or ABUJA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teeebabyyy: 4:46am On Jun 10, 2023
Thank you!

TradeSunMoore:

Once you fill the checklist on GCKey, it will come up with the required documents. The additional documents for a minor will be a custodian declaration form (Can be downloaded from IRCC website) to be filled by a guardian in Canada and Parents in Nigeria and notarized on both sides, as well as a consent letter from non-accompanying parent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:00am On Jun 10, 2023
Joedave25:
Hello House, i've have been trying to upload my family PDF doc on Gckey but it's not accepting it ...asking me to "remove document" with a yellow button. Pls any help from those who have applied SOWP in the past will be appreciated.

Cc: justwise, showYoung etc

It could be either you are trying to upload a file of invalid extension or the file size is more than can be uploaded.

Try to compress the document to less than or equal to 2.5MB, and ensure the file is in the acceptable format
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by obyyba: 5:10am On Jun 10, 2023
Hello everyone, please i want to apply to Conestoga College but i do have English proficiency test. I want to know if they waive it for Nigerians.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:14am On Jun 10, 2023
tosin481:

Wow. It seems I didn't even consider no 3,4,5 questions. I have work to do Sincerely.

1. Yearly tuition is 9kCAD
2. My sponsor is showing 35k CAD and annual income of N25m

So grateful for your input

With these answers, it is obvious why your application would be refused because of the followings or more:

1. Your tuition fee for the 3 years is $27,000. How can your sponsor having $35k agree to fund you with $27k out of the $35k? Does he/she have no other responsibilities? If you deduct living expenses from the remaining money of your sponsor, your sponsor will have no more money in the account, even, it will run to negative? Is he/she your parent? Even if he/she is your parent, how will he/she survive?

2. Your sponsor is having $35k, but earns #25m ($72,500) annually, how come the account balance is this low? What is the total lodgements and total withdrawals?

IRCC uses account balance, credit total, debit total and lump sums to nullify or justify your claim of annual earnings and ability to finance your education.

Kindly note that I am not asking you those questions above, they are there to open your eyes to see how your claims may have been flawed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by macdeeza: 6:17am On Jun 10, 2023
Msticks:
Hello everyone,
Can i defer my admission? I received my passport today, but due to some family issues, i won’t be able to travel. The school has agreed for me to defer until september 2024. (That is the next start date for the program.

If i defer, will i still be able to enter canada with same visa in 2024?

you need to check the validity of ur visa, if it will expire before ur resumption date, u may have to reapply for visa.
the validity of ur visa is stated on the visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 6:30am On Jun 10, 2023
Can you pls explain further what a file of invalid extension mean because even a birth certificate and NIn only failed to upload (2pages only on client information)

ShowYoung:

It could be either you are trying to upload a file of invalid extension or the file size is more than can be uploaded.

Try to compress the document to less than or equal to 2.5MB, and ensure the file is in the acceptable format
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wrap46: 7:26am On Jun 10, 2023
Hi everyone,

I do have questions regarding agents, please for the people that used travel agent for school and visa purposes, how much did the agent receive as payment for their services?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amy456: 7:30am On Jun 10, 2023
Sunmisola95:
Hello everyone please,I need help…can someone of Age 28 apply for an undergraduate program in canada? What advise can you give someone that has only a Waec certificate and wants to use the study route,please it’s urgent…
go ahead and apply, i am 29 and i got admission. With only WAEC. Just make sure ur SOP is a solid rock. Explain ur study gap in full details.goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 7:30am On Jun 10, 2023
oluwashola4me:

Definitely sir, i changed my details in my former application, even changed my marriage status in the new application and still got!

Even in the rejection note,they said the current application will be judged by its own merrit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 7:33am On Jun 10, 2023
tosin481:

Thank you so much and God bless you. I am taking note already and will do the needful. I believe It will end in praise

Yes of cos, reinforce your proof of funds,and your relationship with your sponsor, every document in your house is necessary,na one fit change your story,put all even pictures.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 7:55am On Jun 10, 2023
Ayodeji786:

No man.

Make sure you’re going early for a genuine reason

You’ll be questioned at the POE why coming early and never should you say I came to stay with my family. I’ve seen people study permit revoked and sent back to Nigeria.

You need to be careful when doing that as they might have for your flight final destination itinerary to confirm you’re really a genuine student and going to school

Please can you expatiate on the bolded statement? Because I intend staying with family (before I get my own accommodation) when I travel in July. And I was told to say so at the POE if questioned about accommodation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2023
Iykip:

The visa application is quite confusing, especially since I'll have to apply for study permit and COA from Quebec.

You should ask questions here.

This forum is filled with best brains, flee from agents.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2023
SLOVFO:

Please can you expatiate on the bolded statement? Because I intend staying with family (before I get my own accommodation) when I travel in July. And I was told to say so at the POE if questioned about accommodation.
If your family member is in same city as your school then no issue stating you will stay with them. I mean it's logical you stay there to save cost as long as it doesn't disturb your primary aim there which is to study. Would have probably been an issue if your family stay in another province far from your school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 8:57am On Jun 10, 2023
Guys, this is what my friends portal is displaying. She is going for four years phd course and the study permit is just 1 year 5 months... Why?

Can someone explain this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Wot is d validity of her passport
sudo1986:
Guys, this is what my friends portal is displaying. She is going for four years phd course and the study permit is just 1 year 5 months... Why?

Can someone explain this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.