Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1217289 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Laycoln(m): 11:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
blessedbest:

Thank you so much,it's a two year program.
And the total tuition $17,921.90.
First term tuition is $ 9674.95.( which I am working on paying)
#10m proof of funds ( first term tuition not included)
The school is Niagara college
Course: Business
Diploma
I studied Health education at Bsc level but have been doing business since 2017
I am self funded
Is this convincing enough to get a visa?

blessedbest:

Thank you. The 17k it's for the entire two years

How did you arrive your total tuition fees for 2years program is $17921.90 that’s not possible, if it’s 2years program it should be more than that…$17921.90 is just for a year the Estimated Total should be around $30k plus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Madukachase: 12:45am On Jun 11, 2023
My course is 19k for 1year. IBM
Army2022:
I just ran a check on Niagara college and your info is incorrect.
Make sure you get your calculations right before applying oo.
I saw "Business" cost about 34k for the entire 2yrs.
I tried to attach the screenshot here but it couldn't attach.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 12:57am On Jun 11, 2023
Anyone coming to Brandon Manitoba and needs accommodation should DM. I have a room in a 2 bedroom to rent out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 2:33am On Jun 11, 2023
Anyone going to Queen's University and have accommodation to rent out should please link up. A guy need accommodation in Kingston.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 3:11am On Jun 11, 2023
daisy1:

yes, create an account, enter your UCI and a couple of other details and it will send OTP to your email and you create a password that must be 14 characters long.

then login

Thanks friend for the response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 3:41am On Jun 11, 2023
My dear, I don clear my cache, browsing history and all.

Na chrome I dey use...still nothing except this highlighted error...mind you, all information inputted is correct.

daisy1:

Use chrome browser, also try with your phone.
Make sure you create an account not trying to login with GCKey.

If you use VPN, it won't work

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Awas: 4:02am On Jun 11, 2023
i applied for study visa . paid 1 years tution at NSCC college used microfinance fixed deposit statement and a land deed and yet i got rejected saying my financial statements and assests are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel . i am confused . please any ideas what should i do i want to reply .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nigeriainfo: 4:22am On Jun 11, 2023
Hello I got a question please I am trying to apply to fanshawe college but the website saying I am not allowed to apply to the school directly by myself except by international agents approved by the school, please can anyone help on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 6:15am On Jun 11, 2023
In d place where they require ur first name, try to put ur two names there instead of only one name
CindyByFine:
My dear, I don clear my cache, browsing history and all.

Na chrome I dey use...still nothing except this highlighted error...mind you, all information inputted is correct.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tnex: 6:18am On Jun 11, 2023
harkintem:
Anyone coming to Brandon Manitoba and needs accommodation should DM. I have a room in a 2 bedroom to rent out

How much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 6:19am On Jun 11, 2023
It shows they r done with ur file,check other areas like medicals whether they are completed too. If they are, den await ur bvl and after dat, ur ppr
navidennis:

Eligibility shows completed, what does it mean

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 6:47am On Jun 11, 2023
angie88:
It shows they r done with ur file,check other areas like medicals whether they are completed too. If they are, den await ur bvl and after dat, ur ppr

Please how do you know from the tracker if the application is going to be approved or rejected?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:13am On Jun 11, 2023
Awas:
i applied for study visa . paid 1 years tution at NSCC college used microfinance fixed deposit statement and a land deed and yet i got rejected saying my financial statements and assests are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel . i am confused . please any ideas what should i do i want to reply .
You used fixed deposit as if that easnt enough, you put it in a microfinance bank. You were screaming to be denied. Both are huge red flags.

I will strongly advise you aren't in a rush to reapply, order your GCMS notes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:15am On Jun 11, 2023
Accessed:

Please how do you know from the tracker if the application is going to be approved or rejected?

You can't know. The only thing that can give the slightest clue is if your Medical examination is passed then you know it's likely ppr is dropping
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sileola90: 7:27am On Jun 11, 2023
Please I need more explanation on how you explain lump some of money. Can you drop your contact or should I mail you. Thanks as I await your kind response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 7:59am On Jun 11, 2023
Did that too.
Put it in all caps, normal, all small letters, yet nothing goes through.
embarassed
angie88:
In d place where they require ur first name, try to put ur two names there instead of only one name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 8:03am On Jun 11, 2023
The aim of d tracker is to monitor d progress of ur application. For example,ur portal might be saying dat eligibility is in review but tracker will show u if it is already completed, tracker will also show u if ur medicals has been completed. When u hv eventually received ur bvl and no decision yet, tracker will show u if u hv visa document already which will keep ur hopes alive to wait out d ppr. If u r rejected after bvl, tracker will not bear ur visa document
Accessed:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 8:08am On Jun 11, 2023
Na WA oo. I no knw again oo.
CindyByFine:
Did that too.
Put it in all caps, normal, all small letters, yet nothing goes through.
embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by macsilver(m): 8:35am On Jun 11, 2023
alphabbey1:

Evening, can husband use wife CAC to backup his unregistered business.... the cac is in wife's name and wife is the sole director...

Register the business first please.
Sorry for the late response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tayogbade: 8:35am On Jun 11, 2023
zubizareta:

You used fixed deposit as if that easnt enough, you put it in a microfinance bank. You were screaming to be denied. Both are huge red flags.

I will strongly advise you aren't in a rush to reapply, order your GCMS notes

I don’t agree….. I used my investment account with FBNQuest as my proof of fund. I didn’t submit any savings or current account statement. I no get any property but my visa was approved in less than a month

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by macsilver(m): 8:47am On Jun 11, 2023
seunpinky:

What’s the best way to approach this scenario!!

A friend has gotten admission into a Canadian college. Her dad is late and she’s being sponsored by her guardian who is based in the USA.

The guardian has been responsible for her education for the past 5 years in Nigeria and has paid 70% of the Canadian tuition fees using his credit card and is willing to also drop his bank statements, notarized letter of sponsorship, employment letter etc. However, he is not willing to send the pof and balance of school fees to the student nigerian bank account due to nigeria foreign exchange issues.

What is the best way to go about the visa application to proof that he is obligated to make all the necessary funds available to her?

Asides the notarized letter of sponsorship, evidence of payment of fees from his American bank account, what other docs should he provide to help solidify the application?

@ShowYoung @macsilver @bullstriker and every other member.

In terms of the visa application, it's essential to demonstrate that the guardian is fully committed to making all the necessary funds available for your friend's education in Canada. Besides the notarized letter of sponsorship and evidence of payment of fees from the guardian's American bank account, there are a few additional documents that can help solidify the application and provide further proof of financial capability.

Before I delve, please note that it is not necessary for him or her to have the money sent to the Nigerian account but that does not mean he or she should not have at least something in their own account, so here goes:

Firstly, it would be beneficial for the guardian to provide an affidavit of sponsorship. This affidavit should be sworn in a court and notarized to add a legal weight to the commitment of the guardian. It should clearly state the guardian's intention to financially support your friend's education in Canada and their ability to meet all the financial obligations associated with it.

In addition to the sponsorship letter and affidavit, it would be helpful for the guardian to provide documentation related to their assets. This can include property documents, investment certificates, or any other relevant proof of ownership or investments. These documents serve as additional evidence of the guardian's financial stability and ability to provide ongoing support to your friend throughout her schooling in Canada.

By presenting a comprehensive package of documents, including the notarized sponsorship letter, affidavit of sponsorship, and supporting documents showcasing the guardian's assets and investments, you can strengthen your friend's visa application. These documents demonstrate the commitment and financial capability of the guardian to support your friend's education in Canada.

In conclusion, the combination of a notarized sponsorship letter, an affidavit of sponsorship, and supporting documents showcasing the guardian's assets and investments will significantly strengthen your friend's visa application. However, to ensure a comprehensive and accurate submission, it is advisable to engage the services of a professional immigration consultant or lawyer who can provide expert guidance throughout the process.

If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I'm here to help.
I believe others are also here to be of assistance.
I wish you and your friend good luck

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 9:13am On Jun 11, 2023
sileola90:
Please I need more explanation on how you explain lump some of money. Can you drop your contact or should I mail you. Thanks as I await your kind response.

No one can help you explain your lump sums. You put your money there and you withdraw it. Nobody helped you in this regard.

You should be confident to tell the truth except you are looking for who to assist you plan what I don't want to think about.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 9:18am On Jun 11, 2023
Awas:

There are more to this than you think. Only a comprehensive review cum GCMS notes will profer a solution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2023
nigeriainfo:
Hello I got a question please I am trying to apply to fanshawe college but the website saying I am not allowed to apply to the school directly by myself except by international agents approved by the school, please can anyone help on this?

You should apply through a Fanshawe approved education partner.

Meanwhile, you should do this free of charge if you know the way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 9:24am On Jun 11, 2023
seunpinky:

What’s the best way to approach this scenario!!

A friend has gotten admission into a Canadian college. Her dad is late and she’s being sponsored by her guardian who is based in the USA.

The guardian has been responsible for her education for the past 5 years in Nigeria and has paid 70% of the Canadian tuition fees using his credit card and is willing to also drop his bank statements, notarized letter of sponsorship, employment letter etc. However, he is not willing to send the pof and balance of school fees to the student nigerian bank account due to nigeria foreign exchange issues.

What is the best way to go about the visa application to proof that he is obligated to make all the necessary funds available to her?

Asides the notarized letter of sponsorship, evidence of payment of fees from his American bank account, what other docs should he provide to help solidify the application?

@ShowYoung @macsilver @bullstriker and every other member.

The guardian should buy your friend a GIC. This will eliminate the risk of refusal due to financial reason.

By buying a GIC, there will be no loss due to foreign exchange. USD 1 = CAD 1.31 as at 5 days ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 9:39am On Jun 11, 2023
oluwashola4me:
Hello, everyone. My Canadian Study Permit application was submitted on June 01, 2023. But it was full of some inconsistencies, which made me request for its withdrawal. I addressed and corrected the issues in the request tho.

But after some deep reflections, I raised another web form to retract the already submitted withdrawal request, what do you think about this decision pls?

Thank you.

You have already made your decision. There is nothing anyone can do at this point.

My belief, although may be wrong, is that you are overthinking. This can be perceived from your going back and forth.

It is always beneficial to gather enough true information before applying and not overthink after submitting but hope for the best. If after all this, you got an unfavourable decision, you would have learnt, and it should not be seen as a failure. The worst enemy is never to try.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 9:54am On Jun 11, 2023
Army2022:
Good evening good people.
I'll appreciate everyone's idea on this question.

IS THERE ANY PGWP ENABLED SCHOOL THAT OFFER'S BUSINESS COURSE IN ALBERTA, NOT MORE THAN 14k PER YEAR.

Or in other parts of the country.
I'm asking because if I find a cheaper school, I may change after my first semester or first year.
Please share your experience or ideas 🙏

If you wish to remove the filters, I will suggest you check out NBCC, NSCC, CNA, UofSask, UNBC, UofNew Brunswick etc. They have post graduate courses for less than $14k.

You also did not stipulate the education level: meanwhile, you can find business courses at diploma or certificate level for less than 12k/year if you check further in BC, Sask, NFL etc. but diploma courses are two years, and certificate courses one year, in duration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by desi10mi: 10:00am On Jun 11, 2023
Please I need help 🙏🙏

I am currently doing my MSc in the UK but plan on going through the study route again to Canada. So I will be putting up my application from the UK, but I would have finished the UK MSc programme before the Canada application.I want to pursue a postgraduate diploma in a related course similar to the one I am currently studying in the UK.Is it advisable to apply for PGD in a related course to the one I am doing in the UK, or can I be silent about the current MSc since I would have completed the UK MSc before I filled out the Canada application?Also, is there a point when filling out the Canada visa application where I will be asked to put the type of visa I am on in the UK, or would they ask anything like that?Note: I was once denied a study permit due to financial issues and also because I applied for a diploma course in 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 10:00am On Jun 11, 2023
blessedbest:
Please I want to pay my tuition it's #9674.95 CAD. please is there any app I can use to pay it in Nigeria?

This question may make you vulnerable to attack.

This question may expose you to scam.

You should be fine following the school instruction. Why looking for an app that doesn't exist? I have not seen a school that doesn't provide a guide on how to make payment to them.

You should ask questions like:
How do I pay using Flywire? How do I pay using Form A? How do I pay using my debit card? etc.

Maybe you should reword your question so people can understand better.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2023
tnex:

How much

$570
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2023
tayogbade:
Hello everyone,

Please I need all the advise I can get.

My study is starting in September. Visa has been approved.

I applied alone and used my husband and two kids as home ties.

Now I want to apply for them.

What visa do you think I should apply for, for my husband and two kids.

Note: my course is for 10 months

Thank you all in a advance

You should apply for Spousal Open Work Permit for your husband and either study permit (4 years old and above) or visitor visa (7 years old and below) for your children.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2023
Joedave25:
Can you pls explain further what a file of invalid extension mean because even a birth certificate and NIn only failed to upload (2pages only on client information)

File extensions are .jpg, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .ppt. etc.

Give them what they want. If they say they want .pdf, give them .pdf.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.