Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219669 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deeteeneey(f): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
hello everyone,
Please I need your opinions on deducting acceptance fee paid from available POF, does this negatively impact the application?

Example:
Tuition = 10,000
Acceptance fee = 3,000
Can 7,000 + 10,000 (living expenses) be shown as POF?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lomy(f): 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
Deolaw:

Good evening. I tried to schedule an appointment but the site says I have an appointment even after many trials while no schedule is shown from my profile. I'm confused. I even tried another email I have but the same issue. What will you advise on this?

Send email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int.
Stating your name, phone number, destination country, number of family and preferred date and time and attach your passport.

They'll respond to the mail.
Also let them know if it's upfront medicals or not.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
dtrixna01:
thanks! How about housing ? I’m really in need of one. I’m in Vancouver I don’t mind any in Richmond or burnaby

Tips for checking for accommodation.

1. Use Facebook Market Place. Ensure your location reflects your real location and 25km radius (depending on your desired coverage and how wide the city is). Then search using words like "1 bed," "2 beds apartment near me" etc.

2. Visit Kijiji.ca

3. Your school may have off campus housing website or portal.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2023
sileola90:
Thanks for the respond. I just want to know how to compose the sentence, that's all not about hidden anything. Thanks

In this case, I will suggest you write it to the best of your knowledge and look for someone to assist in reviewing. The person may catch what you don't.

Also, grammatical and typographical errors are welcomed but should not be so much that your message is distorted. If you can avoid it, it is best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daisy1(f): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
navidennis:

No not yet

Please share a screenshot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
How long does Memorial University admission decisions please? I applied for their Winter 2024 intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
Omotoyosi908:
in which month did u apply, i also applied in may and am yet to get a response from them

I applied mid April. I have never seen a school with that kind of way. Send a million email, they won't respond to one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blessedbest: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
Laycoln:

How did you arrive your total tuition fees for 2years program is $17921.90 that’s not possible, if it’s 2years program it should be more than that…$17921.90 is just for a year the Estimated Total should be around $30k plus

That's the exact amount that was stated in the letter of admission I received. The amount is for 2years tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
Yes they I’ll quote for first year and you that are going for should know that amount should be multiply by 2

blessedbest:

That's the exact amount that was stated in the letter of admission I received. The amount is for 2years tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
It can only be God, visa approval depending on the VO that treating your application. I have seen someone ‘’FULANI’’ in this thread last week gotten visa for 3 years program with just 8.5m without paying any dem.

You need to pray and allow God to do the work.

tayogbade:

I don’t agree….. I used my investment account with FBNQuest as my proof of fund. I didn’t submit any savings or current account statement. I no get any property but my visa was approved in less than a month

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oghenetegababe(f): 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
Good evening house, please how can i get airport pick up at yyz airport to centennial residence ?come August 22nd by Gods grace. Please any idea or help will go along way for me. Please house help a sister .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by drhammed: 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
I'd advise you to include your UK MSc- you can't hide that anyways (IRCC will ask for your status in the UK). To increase your chances (if you don't want to do a PhD), why not apply for another research-based (2yrs) MSc in Canada? At least that can show career progression. Good luck!
desi10mi:
Please I need help 🙏🙏

I am currently doing my MSc in the UK but plan on going through the study route again to Canada. So I will be putting up my application from the UK, but I would have finished the UK MSc programme before the Canada application.I want to pursue a postgraduate diploma in a related course similar to the one I am currently studying in the UK.Is it advisable to apply for PGD in a related course to the one I am doing in the UK, or can I be silent about the current MSc since I would have completed the UK MSc before I filled out the Canada application?Also, is there a point when filling out the Canada visa application where I will be asked to put the type of visa I am on in the UK, or would they ask anything like that?Note: I was once denied a study permit due to financial issues and also because I applied for a diploma course in 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by fredugo: 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
Pls what's the link to the New IRCC application portal for study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ogify1(m): 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
blessedbest:

What are you talking about? You better check your letter very well..
How can 2yrs fee be 17k Cad. Dey play

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zubi85: 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
Hellooooo Gurus in the house, please I need your advice:
My First Degree is BSc. (Ed)) Health Education with CGPA of 3.75 (Second Class Upper).
My Second Degree is MSc. (Ed) Community Health Education with GPA of 3.7 or Average Score of 60.2% (Merit).
The two Degrees were obtained here in Nigeria.
So I intend going for PhD in Public Health in Canada, and if possible I can pursue a scholarship after getting the admission.
Please can my Master Grade fetch me a PhD Admission in Canadian University because I learnt that PhD Admission is highly competitive in Canada?
But if not, please which European country or University can offer me PhD Admission in Public Health with my Grade?
Thank you All.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Faith93:
Ok please . Sorry this is coming late.
No wahala...I have replied your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
Zubi85:
Hellooooo Gurus in the house, please I need your advice:
My First Degree is BSc. (Ed)) Health Education with CGPA of 3.75 (Second Class Upper).
My Second Degree is MSc. (Ed) Community Health Education with GPA of 3.7 or Average Score of 60.2% (Merit).
The two Degrees were obtained here in Nigeria.
So I intend going for PhD in Public Health in Canada, and if possible I can pursue a scholarship after getting the admission.
Please can my Master Grade fetch me a PhD Admission in Canadian University because I learnt that PhD Admission is highly competitive in Canada?
But if not, please which European country or University can offer me PhD Admission in Public Health with my Grade?
Thank you All.
First of all when did u finish MSc nd what have u been doing so far. That’s how to know first of all if Public health course is in study or career progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olatoz(m): 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
Please share me your email? I will like to get some information from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bronzeyv: 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
*** LONG POST ALERT ***

I've been a silent reader of this thread since 2019, and I'm coming out now with my full chest to say it's being worth it, as I got most of the information i used for my application on this thread, and also got to know about the agent i used from this great thread @frankrobn.

INTRO:
I have a Law degree, with about 8 years work experience, I have my own Law Office and also Consult with a Construction Company.
I got admission to study a 2 year Diploma Program in Loyalist College Ontario, Canada, for January 2024.

# DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR STUDY PERMIT #

- Acceptance Letter from College
- Tuition Deposit Receipt 10,000cad
- LL.B Certificate
- Call to Bar Certificate
- LL.B Transcript
- Waec Certificate
- Statement of Purpose 8 pages (SOP)
- NBA Letter of good standing
- CV
- NYSC discharge Certificate & Award Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Previous letter of employment
- Volunteer Certificates
- Shares Certificate
- Car documents
- Drivers license
- Covid Vaccine card
- Law firm ID card, NBA ID card, Company ID card (3 ID cards)
- Picture of me in court
- Picture of me & my employees in the office
- My family Picture
- Picture of my Palm Plantation
- Picture of me & my fiance
- My fiance NIN
- My Mum's NIN
- Landed documents, Survey plans, Right of Occupancy, e.t.c
- Affidavit of Return l
- 4 different naira statement of account (with atleast #42m)
- 1 Dom account statement (with $5,000)
- Letter of introduction from my firm
- Letter of introduction from the company I consult with
- Employment letter from the company
- Leave approval letter from the company
- Law Firm CAC registration documents
- Tax Certificate
- 3 months parsnip
- Police Character Certificate (not used because of space)
- Data page of international passport
- Passport photograph
- Complimentary card
Self Sponsored

I was actually prepared for a refusal as I was already discussing getting a new admission, because the previous agent I used for the admission got me a program (College Diploma) lower than my current qualification, which was a red flag, and also a course not related to Law ( Business & Sales). I saw some persons comments appreciating @frankrobn for his assistance, so I contacted him amongst other agents I contacted from here, but he gave me the response I needed, & his professionalism showed in the outcome of my application. @frankrobn wrote a compelling SOP that even me a Lawyer was astonished, I only needed to add a little touch. When my agent sent me the list of documents to upload, I uploaded them immediately, because this thread had already prepared me on the required documents, I just needed a professional touch, & I got more. @frankrobn thank you so much, & to every other person making this thread knowledgeable, May God Bless you greatly 🙏
I had to post this, to encourage many people here that if you don't try you won't know, & it shall all end in praise 🙏

Indeed What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist 🙏

ATTACHED IS MY TIMELINE

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by winniejoy(f): 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
I’m new here and been going through all the questions
I hope my study permit would be approved. I tap into
All the good news here although I applied to a culinary school not university.I’m already attended a culinary school in Nigeria but I just specialized in Africa cuisine now I want to gain international experience .i already paid. $500 application fee which is part of the school fees, I have a sponsor who is financially able I wish I came across this page before I applied, but with some information I saw here , I had to go and add more additional documents to the web form , and will add more tomorrow.. I applied on 27th of may .,biometric on the 2nd of june ,,what God cannot do does not exist good luck everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zubi85: 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2023
I finished my Master's Degree in 2018, and I've been working with Ministry of Education as Education Officer in the year 2013, as well as a Volunteer (Health Education Officer) in a Primary Health Centre for the past 3 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zubi85: 11:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
[quote author=Bamz555 post=123733541]
I finished my Master's Degree in 2018, and I've been working with Ministry of Education as Education Officer in the year 2013, as well as a Volunteer (Health Education Officer) in a Primary Health Centre for the past 3 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by usman1000: 11:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
Cutiemirror:
Please when did you apply

Last year December , deferred May admission to September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2023
bronzeyv:
*** LONG POST ALERT ***

I've been a silent reader of this thread since 2019, and I'm coming out now with my full chest to say it's being worth it, as I got most of the information i used for my application on this thread, and also got to know about the agent i used from this great thread @frankrobn.

INTRO:
I have a Law degree, with about 8 years work experience, I have my own Law Office and also Consult with a Construction Company.
I got admission to study a 2 year Diploma Program in Loyalist College Ontario, Canada, for January 2024.

# DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR STUDY PERMIT #

- Acceptance Letter from College
- Tuition Deposit Receipt 10,000cad
- LL.B Certificate
- Call to Bar Certificate
- LL.B Transcript
- Waec Certificate
- Statement of Purpose 8 pages (SOP)
- NBA Letter of good standing
- CV
- NYSC discharge Certificate & Award Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Previous letter of employment
- Volunteer Certificates
- Shares Certificate
- Car documents
- Drivers license
- Covid Vaccine card
- Law firm ID card, NBA ID card, Company ID card (3 ID cards)
- Picture of me in court
- Picture of me & my employees in the office
- My family Picture
- Picture of my Palm Plantation
- Picture of me & my fiance
- My fiance NIN
- My Mum's NIN
- Landed documents, Survey plans, Right of Occupancy, e.t.c
- Affidavit of Return l
- 4 different naira statement of account (with atleast #42m)
- 1 Dom account statement (with $5,000)
- Letter of introduction from my firm
- Letter of introduction from the company I consult with
- Employment letter from the company
- Leave approval letter from the company
- Law Firm CAC registration documents
- Tax Certificate
- 3 months parsnip
- Police Character Certificate (not used because of space)
- Data page of international passport
- Passport photograph
- Complimentary card
Self Sponsored

I was actually prepared for a refusal as I was already discussing getting a new admission, because the previous agent I used for the admission got me a program (College Diploma) lower than my current qualification, which was a red flag, and also a course not related to Law ( Business & Sales). I saw some persons comments appreciating @frankrobn for his assistance, so I contacted him amongst other agents I contacted from here, but he gave me the response I needed, & his professionalism showed in the outcome of my application. @frankrobn wrote a compelling SOP that even me a Lawyer was astonished, I only needed to add a little touch. When my agent sent me the list of documents to upload, I uploaded them immediately, because this thread had already prepared me on the required documents, I just needed a professional touch, & I got more. @frankrobn thank you so much, & to every other person making this thread knowledgeable, May God Bless you greatly 🙏
I had to post this, to encourage many people here that if you don't try you won't know, & it shall all end in praise 🙏

Indeed What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist 🙏

ATTACHED IS MY TIMELINE
42m each in 4diff accounts and u still wan japa.. baba person like u na jus vacay and short professional course u suppose dey go do for abroad .. if ppl like u still dey japa comot for Nija dt means una wan leave d country empty without workin class age group be that

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Greetings
Please what do you think going for 8 months course

Can i so apply with my family or can i apply
for them immediately after getting my Visa?
Please your Advice is needed here
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=Zubi85 post=123733736][/quote]
In that case, yes u sure can get an admission into a DLI in Canada just do ur findings and shoot ur shot! U are good to go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 12:07am On Jun 12, 2023
SandyDandy:
Greetings
Please what do you think going for 8 months course

Can i so apply with my family or can i apply
for them immediately after getting my Visa?
Please your Advice is needed here
Thank you
It depends on what u want and if u have the financial capacity to pursue d former. Both is possible that’s d truth. We’ve seen family of 4/5 approved for 1 yr program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by melonsgroup: 12:28am On Jun 12, 2023
God when
I don't even no where to start.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 12:28am On Jun 12, 2023
Thank you so much
Bamz555:

It depends on what u want and if u have the financial capacity to pursue d former. Both is possible that’s d truth. We’ve seen family of 4/5 approved for 1 yr program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olatoz(m): 12:34am On Jun 12, 2023
ShowYoung:

@Headward
Kindly take note that this is a public platform where many people visit from time to time, I will advise that some of the information divulged in your post may be detrimental to Nigerians.

1. POF agents.
2. Borrow from POF agents
3. Backdating of certificate.

As far as I know, there is no POF agents in Nigeria and Nigerians never borrowed POF. Also, backdating of certificate has never been and will never be possible in Nigeria.

God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by macsilver(m): 12:54am On Jun 12, 2023
Queenslee:
Hi

anyone who could provide an insight into my question

do i need my ND and HND transcript to apply to Canadian schools? or can i use just the HND transcript?

my school prepares them seperately.

Yes you do need both.
Did you get a response to the email you sent to me the other day? Kindly reach out through my number 08037053212 on WhatsApp for better communication

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sileola90: 1:36am On Jun 12, 2023
OK, thanks I will try my best and get someone to review it.

ShowYoung:

In this case, I will suggest you write it to the best of your knowledge and look for someone to assist in reviewing. The person may catch what you don't.

Also, grammatical and typographical errors are welcomed but should not be so much that your message is distorted. If you can avoid it, it is best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.