Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219056 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oghenetegababe(f): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thank you very much.i appreciate.

ShowYoung:

At YYZ, connect to the free WIFI and look for where Flixbus or Robert Q stand is. They are shuttle service companies with stands in the airport.

You can browse them from home before your flight and play around with their website/app and type in your address to see the fare.

You can also check with your school if they have this service. I am aware some schools have it. If they have, you probably have paid for it from your tuition fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeremy20: 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
Good morning everyone. Please my application was submitted on april29th . I did upfront medical april 21th.mine biometric was done may 5th updated same day but medical hasnt been updated i checked my profile through the application tracker Eligibility has been completed, Background verification in progress... Medical has not started... What should i do? Please urgent answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jeremy20:
Good morning everyone. Please my application was submitted on april29th . I did upfront medical april 21th.mine biometric was done may 5th updated same day but medical hasnt been updated i checked my profile through the application tracker Eligibility has been completed, Background verification in progress... Medical has not started... What should i do? Please urgent answer
What can you do?

You just have to wait

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
SandyDandy:
Thank you so much Sir
God bless you and yours for this advice

Please as am applying to colleges because of the course i want to study (Financial Technology) is only few universities that are offering it in Canada and at a very high fees from 30,000-100,000 dollars . I have ND, HND, University diploma and MBA please should i hide my MBA and apply with others or should I apply with my MBA? Your advice will be appreciated.

You should not hide your MBA. There are ways you can go about.

You said Financial Technology costs $30k - $100k, I disagree on this.

Some colleges are offering this course at post graduate level-- PGD/PGC/PBD.

You will do well to research more.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
winniejoy:

Alright.. culinary art school of Ontario

Checking for this school on the list DLIs, I cannot find it there. Even if it is among the DLIs, not all DLIs offer PGWP-eligible courses: even among those that offer, not all courses are PGWP-eligible.

The consequence of this is you may not be able to apply for PGWP after your graduation which will prevent you or make it almost impossible to become a PR.

Meanwhile, I may have made a mistake.

Kindly take note.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
winniejoy:

It’s a DLI

Can you please provide an evidence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
Abohky:
I just started following this thread yesterday and I must say that this group is one of the best educative forum any prospective student whose mission is to have an international education and certification. God bless you all for your contributions and recommendations.
My own question is; Is it possible to get an individual or organization who can sponsor someone with financial constraints to studying abroad? Or probably get loans and pay back instalmentally?

There are possibilities of getting scholarships or education loan such as MPOWER and school scholarships. Aside these, I know none.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ozbaby: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
Please I need answers to this
Ozbaby:
Please house help a sister.

I'm new here, and I'm trying to apply for practical nursing at the NSCC and they requested that the application fee must be with credit card which I don't have.

How do I go about it?

Please I need a quick reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by quinstershaw: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
Please how do one send webforms?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teamb: 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
Visa Application tracking id no ****** has been received at the VAC

Is this visa ready for collection?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thank you so much
ShowYoung:

You should not hide your MBA. There are ways you can go about.

You said Financial Technology costs $30k - $100k, I disagree on this.

Some colleges are offering this course at post graduate level-- PGD/PGC/PBD.

You will do well to research more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BeejayB: 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Anyone familiar with this please?

BeejayB:
Hello everyone. I have a quick question for a friend please.

His wife got her study visa. And their daughter got a visitor visa. She’s to resume in January and he was not added to the application initially..

Now he’s asking me if he can apply now before his wife leaves or he has to wait for her to travel and start school in January? And I don’t know so I’m here asking if anyone has an idea.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teamb: 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
BeejayB:
Anyone familiar with this please?

I will recommend you wait for the wife to leave 1st . U might need her visa page and study permit to backup his documents

Submit his application few weeks b4 d wife move for Canada and ask her to send study permit and other documents to u .
U can then forward it to ircc via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shupy: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
So many unfamiliar names here. Anyway, I am usually against using strangers to pay for application fees because, in recent times, we've seen people filing for chargebacks, and IRCC will, at the very least, refuse your application. The consequences are usually more severe than just application refusal. Anyway, my history speaks for itself on this platform. You can search for 'shupy' or 'shuppy.' I can pay for one or two applications on a monthly basis. Once I pay for two applications, that is my cap for the month. However, I must still emphasize the dangers of using a random person for visa payment. You're not just risking your money. I am using lemonade app selling rate and at this moment 1cad = N591.5.

Best wishes everyone awaiting PPR. Canada is very promising. Tomorrow is convocation.

Note: I no longer have time to provide guidance on the application process. Please only reach out if it's about application payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by domainservice(m): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
Good afternoon everyone.
I was once denied a visit visa to the united state. Does this has an infect on my student visa application to Canada. I've been so disturbed by this really.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
ShowYoung:

Tips for checking for accommodation.

1. Use Facebook Market Place. Ensure your location reflects your real location and 25km radius (depending on your desired coverage and how wide the city is). Then search using words like "1 bed," "2 beds apartment near me" etc.

2. Visit Kijiji.ca

3. Your school may have off campus housing website or portal.
thank you. I have done all of that before asking this question and no positive feedback atall. Please if you know anyone who’s renting out pls kindly email me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oriazowan: 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
jaydave:
Ircc was doing average of 2/3weeks decision for majority of d applications since February.. e reach May turn dem begin dey slow .. nawa ooo

I just tire o. Eligibility hasn’t even started on mine. When I checked the tracker, it hasn’t been updated since May 20th. The pressure is getting out of hand o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by fredugo: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Kenelly:
Please can someone send the link to the new portal or direct me on how to get there from the IRCC website
Please have you gotten the link to ghe new portal?
I need it too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abohky: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
ShowYoung:

There are possibilities of getting scholarships or education loan such as MPOWER and school scholarships. Aside these, I know none.

Thanks for the response... The issue is that I have an admission offer presently from University of Regina. Unfortunately, URegina is not among the universities affiliated with Mpower. As for school scholarship, my supervisor said I can't have access to that until I have my study permit... To get study permit is where the financial constraints lies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tayogbade: 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
oriazowan:

I just tire o. Eligibility hasn’t even started on mine. When I checked the tracker, it hasn’t been updated since May 20th. The pressure is getting out of hand o

I applied for my visa May 5th and my visa is ready
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tayogbade: 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hello everyone,

I submitted my passport a week ago and IRCC sent me my letter of introduction already but the visa office in Lagos is yet to send me a message to come collect my passport.

What do you think I should do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by operobo11: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
tayogbade:
Just thought to drop this here

You can use investment accounts as POF. Like fixed deposit certificate and the other investments that the cash can be liquidated immediately. I used my investment account as my POF ( no additional current or savings account statement ). The agent I used warned me against it that it was risky🤣but I told them to go ahead and use it.
Wow grace. This is my story in Jesus name.

Guess who's visa application got approved!💃💃💃

I was always scared when I come to this page and see list of what people submitted. I will quicky run away cos I no submit up to half of what some people submitted but God came thru for me. First time applicant and visa got approved in less than a month!

Who said there is no God

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by operobo11: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
tayogbade:
Just thought to drop this here

You can use investment accounts as POF. Like fixed deposit certificate and the other investments that the cash can be liquidated immediately. I used my investment account as my POF ( no additional current or savings account statement ). The agent I used warned me against it that it was risky🤣but I told them to go ahead and use it.

Guess who's visa application got approved!💃💃💃

I was always scared when I come to this page and see list of what people submitted. I will quicky run away cos I no submit up to half of what some people submitted but God came thru for me. First time applicant and visa got approved in less than a month!

Who said there is no God
..wow grace. This is my story in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
Is anyone resuming at the University of Lethbridge, Alberta provine this Fall 2023. Let's connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by operobo11: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=tayogbade post=123477979]Thank you Jesus. You qualify the under qualified.
Good news!!!💃💃💃💃💃[/quote. Grace Grace Grace. This is my story in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hello House. Currently searching for accommodation near the University of Lethbridge, Alberta. I will appreciate information from anyone in that area. Starting my program in the Fall 2023 semester.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
No cause for alarm.
It usually take close to 2 weeks to get it back if it wasn't submitted directly to Abuja.
You'll probably get a message from vfs Lagos before this week runs out.
tayogbade:
Hello everyone,

I submitted my passport a week ago and IRCC sent me my letter of introduction already but the visa office in Lagos is yet to send me a message to come collect my passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
domainservice:
Good afternoon everyone.
I was once denied a visit visa to the united state. Does this has an infect on my student visa application to Canada. I've been so disturbed by this really.

No. It has no impact inasmuch as you so declare.

People who got US visa denials multiple times have been given study permits.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CoalSilver006: 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
I’m going to conestoga college, downtown Kitchener campus Ontario. I am looking for a shared apartment for September 01 , 2023.
If anyone is also going to conestoga college downtown Kitchener campus or who can help out in getting me a shared apartment for September 01 ,2023. do let me know.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Saikichan: 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
dpresido:
Thank you boss.

I just sent you a message.
My immediate enquiries/concerns.

1. In view of Form A challenges, I wanted to know how the school Fees are paid.

2. I was sent a mail that I will get a link to make $500 CAD acceptance fees before I could get my POA. I have sent mails but still haven't seen the link on my bio.

3. I wanted to make enquiries on accommodation outside downtown that may be affordable and one can transit to School/Downtown.

I heard accommodation in Toronto harsh sha... Lol

I was also told I'll get a link to pay the $500 acceptance fee but I can't find the link. Were you able to locate the link later on? How did you go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladielarrie1: 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Please is letter of introduction the same as letter of entry
tayogbade:
Hello everyone,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
Please which of the portals is faster for processing? Old or New??

(1) (2) (3) ... (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.