Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220052 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1226) (1227) (1228) (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:23am On Jun 26, 2023
BabaIbo:
Please house, as someone applying for MSc in Canada on self sponsorship, how much is the minimum amount that must be in the POF account i.e how much is the POF amount now?

I want to know before taking any step regarding the process.

Thank you in advance for the response.

Tuition fee: ?
Living expenses: $10,000/yr.
Miscellaneous expenses: $3,000+.

If you provide more information like tuition fee, program duration and number of accompanying spouse and dependants, you will be able to get close to accurate POF needed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by poultryprocesie: 1:45am On Jun 26, 2023
Good day all,

Pease I need help and advice on this issue. We applied as a family (Father SOWP and Children VV) Everyone got PPR except 2 (Ages 18 & 11). For the 18 yrs old, below is -

Application - January 3, 2023
Submission Confirmation -January 3, 2023
Biometrics Collection Letter January 3, 2023
Correspondence Letter - April 26, 2023

After several mails and webform, we got a reply from Nairobi that PPR has been sent since May 18th, 2023. But we dont have it. We have replied with several screenshot that we do not have it, but no luck.
NOTE: The VIS NO is showing on tracker.
Kindly advice.
Can we just go to VSF?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ontime22: 3:27am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello NL Family, does anyone here have experience with company sponsorship? Any advice would be useful. My brother wants to apply for visa with company sponsorship so that he can have enough proof of fund. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:30am On Jun 26, 2023
The company must be financially buoyant if it belongs to a third party, and the cash flow must be very healthy to sponsor you single-handedly. For instance, it will be challenging to convince the VO that funds will be available if the third-party company’s annual revenue (based on cash inflow) is not more than the cost of your education by a wide margin. Note that the scenario is viewed differently if the company belongs to a family member. Alternatively, the company can pledge to bear a specific cost of your education or approve a paid study leave, assuming the applicant is an employee of the company. Please, my response is not to discourage you but to help you make an informed decision.

You can provide some of these documents, if applicable

Proof of business Reg
One-year bank statement (you can submit MBS)
Tax documents
Letter of sponsor
The board of directors’ resolution on financing your education
Proof of business transactions like invoices, receipts, contracts etc

This list is not exhaustive.
ontime22:
Hello NL Family, does anyone here have experience with company sponsorship? Any advice would be useful. My brother wants to apply for visa with company sponsorship so that he can have enough proof of fund. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iceboyblog: 6:27am On Jun 26, 2023
Can I pay with POS or is it a must I must use a bank like first Bank when paying

tenderjunkie:

You need your international passport and receipt of your payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sterling289128: 7:17am On Jun 26, 2023
Must the miscellaneous be $3000 or it can be lower?

ShowYoung:

Tuition fee: ?
Living expenses: $10,000/yr.
Miscellaneous expenses: $3,000+.

If you provide more information like tuition fee, program duration and number of accompanying spouse and dependants, you will be able to get close to accurate POF needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Biola67: 7:32am On Jun 26, 2023
Sterling289128:

Must the miscellaneous be $3000 or it can be lower?

Something you’re suppose to add extra, you want to reduce ? Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tajuowo(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2023
i don't think microfinance banks are easily acknowledged.

Larryjam:

If I may ask, how do you mean when you said it depends on bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisifeanyi: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2023
Good morning my people, how much proof of fund will I be needing for a family of 4, my tuition fees is about CAD18,000. I'll be traveling with my wife and two children aged 9 and 2.
Must I show tuition fees for the two years masters program or just for a year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ikay3502(m): 8:15am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello guys good morning y'all..
A friend of mine who's going to Conestoga has her Application approved but she's yet to make school fees payment, as she only paid 1500cad Tution deposit. She tried using formA to pay the balance of her first semester school fees but had to cancel it cos this new CBN policy that puts an end to CBN rate.. according to her, she was adviseable by her friend already in Canada to pay school fees else one might be denied entry into Canada upon landing. So pls can she at least pay 5000cad out of 8500cad?? And does she need to inform the school of her intention to pay 5000cad before making the above payment?? or she should just go ahead and pay cos she intends to pay through flywire.. pls your input is highly needed thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by talk2priscal: 8:22am On Jun 26, 2023
chrisifeanyi:
Good morning my people, how much proof of fund will I be needing for a family of 4, my tuition fees is about CAD18,000. I'll be traveling with my wife and two children aged 9 and 2.
Must I show tuition fees for the two years masters program or just for a year?

Tuition : 18,000
Your living expenses $20,000
Living Expenses for spouse $20,000 ($10,000/year).
Living Expenses for child $6,000 ($3,000/year)
Miscellaneous Expenses $3,000+ ( may be more but $5,000 is ok).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by talk2priscal: 8:24am On Jun 26, 2023
Ikay3502:
Hello guys good morning y'all..
A friend of mine who's going to Conestoga has her Application approved but she's yet to make school fees payment, as she only paid 1500cad Tution deposit. She tried using formA to pay the balance of her first semester school fees but had to cancel it cos this new CBN policy that puts an end to CBN rate.. according to her, she was adviseable by her friend already in Canada to pay school fees else one might be denied entry into Canada upon landing. So pls can she at least pay 5000cad out of 8500cad?? And does she need to inform the school of her intention to pay 5000cad before making the above payment?? or she should just go ahead and pay cos she intends to pay through flywire.. pls your input is highly needed thanks.

The school will require the students to pay up first semester fee before a certain deadline.. It’s advisable for the student to look for money and pay up the first semester fee before traveling
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 8:29am On Jun 26, 2023
Fulani14:
Good evening, please anyone around university of Manitoba or going who has gotten apartment and need roommate, pls DM. Thank you
Please, were you admitted into University of Manitoba?
If yes, what course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisifeanyi: 8:31am On Jun 26, 2023
talk2priscal:

Tuition : 18,000
Your living expenses $20,000
Living Expenses for spouse $20,000 ($10,000/year).
Living Expenses for child $6,000 ($3,000/year)
Miscellaneous Expenses $3,000+ ( may be more but $5,000 is ok).

So the living expenses span through the two years masters and not just 1 year?
Is the tuition fee proof to show just for one year?
The miscellaneous amount is it for every member of the family or just $5000 for all?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kizito55: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2023
bullstriker:
You can find it in the portal, biometric instruction letter and proof of submission letter
Thank you so much for the response, Sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 9:36am On Jun 26, 2023
Iceboyblog:
Can I pay with POS or is it a must I must use a bank like first Bank when paying

You can pay however you want.
Just be able to provide a verifiable receipt
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2023
Iceboyblog:

I paid mine with pos,just make sure you put your name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisifeanyi: 9:55am On Jun 26, 2023
Please from this tuition breakdown, how much do I have to pay as an international student.
I'm a bit confused here.
There CAD10,000 shouldn't be inclusive for international students.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 10:27am On Jun 26, 2023
You paid with your ATM @ their office right?

onyekachee:
I paid mine with pos,just make sure you put your name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2023
Ogundare26:
Good evening everyone I want to get my study permit and I want to know if I can do it myself or have to get a agent and if anyone can assist me or give me some advice on how to go about it. Thanks
Depends on you. Many ppl have done it themselves. Go through the thread and all information you need will be here. If you think you cant do it yourself you can get an agent. You can send me a mail for guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2023
AskGod07:

I transfered the money before I even got to the iom office,I Paid with my pos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kosizo: 11:32am On Jun 26, 2023
Good day everybody, please I’m looking to apply to colleges in canada with 2.2 in elect/elect, gurus in the house what college and courses do you recommend?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 11:33am On Jun 26, 2023
Yes,general science
isangjohnson:

Please, were you admitted into University of Manitoba?
If yes, what course?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 11:40am On Jun 26, 2023
AskGod07:

I paid with my pos but included my name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 11:49am On Jun 26, 2023
Fulani14:
Yes,general science
Please I want to make an enquiry from you.
I've dropped a message in your mail box.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dampops(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello, is anyone also having problem booking appointments on the VFS website for passport submission. The site server has been erractic since weekend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by G8tfulSol: 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
Which program is it. I think 10k living expenses is not included in this. So it 34k plus 10k. You can try to get further information from the school.
chrisifeanyi:
Please from this tuition breakdown, how much do I have to pay as an international student.
I'm a bit confused here.
There CAD10,000 shouldn't be inclusive for international students.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by G8tfulSol: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
Same here. I tried to book l. It says my IRCC number already in use. I called no response, tweet no response, mail but only reply with automated message that my query will be attended after 2 business days. I'm really confused. I'm thinking of going their Lagos office to do in-person appointment.
Dampops:
Hello, is anyone also having problem booking appointments on the VFS website for passport submission. The site server has been erractic since weekend.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akinyelekehinde: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
Good day all,

Please which link is recommended for Canadian study visa application?

GC Key or the New link?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lomy(f): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
I was wondering if I can send a webform to update an information while my eligibility is in progress.
Has anyone done it before?
Please let me know.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2023
{quote author=Fulani14 post=124035455]Good evening, please anyone around university of Manitoba or going who has gotten apartment and need roommate, pls DM. Thank you[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (1226) (1227) (1228) (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.