Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,238 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1240858 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MizMyColi(f): 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
zubizareta:

I think the first page of this thread will direct you to the necessary docs you will be needing.

Yes you can pay his tuition from there. All he needs is to attach his evidence of payment to his application

For time-frame, recently decisions have been coming quick. Time frame btw 2- 6 weeks. Some have gotten less than 2 weeks sef.

Thank you so much.

It didn't even occur to me to check the first page. I came here from Google.

What about medicals? When do they usually go for it? After or before applying?

Please let me know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by poultryprocesie: 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
Thanks for your response. I will do that right away.
bullstriker:
If they have not responded to your email, go to the web form and select “technical difficulties.” Using “URGENT” in the first line, provide a complete explanation and plead with them to respond to your request. Also, attach a copy of the email you received from IRCC to make your points clear.
Issues of technical glitches are resolved within days if deemed urgent. Do a couple of them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bopz1805: 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, my canada student visa was refused recently because i used only a microfinance bank for my POF. I was told it can be rectified. How do i go about? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated . Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by smatadex(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hello house, I was told Canada treat applications in Nigeria now, not Kenya anymore. How true is that? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shanny001(f): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
Has anyone successfully applied to Canadian universities without academic recommendation letters for thesis based course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hope4Naja: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hello, please can one submit two bank statements. One account 5m and the other 10m for one year program or is only one bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oriazowan: 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good morning house.
Please I need suggestions on how to tackle refusal reasons for my uncle

He is in Canada as a visitor and we applied for a study permit for him but he got refused on two reasons;
Insufficient financial assets
Purpose of visit

Brief background
Married with four kids, wife works as a Nurse but they are not in good terms so can’t obtain any documents from her.

Course of study: Post Baccalaureate diploma in Accounting (2year program)
Tuition for the program: $29,000
Tuition deposit paid: $6500(the school said he could pay for one semester since he was in Canada, usually the deposit should be $10,000).
POF Canadian account :$13,000
POF Nigerian account: N6m
He lost his job in November last year so all funds were from savings and payout from his employer
He worked with the bank for over a decade
Educational background: BSc. Economics, MSc Public Administration.

We would like to reapply. Please how can we tackle these reasons
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by smatadex(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
smatadex:
Hello house, I was told Canada treat applications in Nigeria now, not Kenya anymore. How true is that? Thanks

I need answers please, how true is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prime1(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Please does anyone have a biometric appointment tomorrow 28th?
Will the holiday affect them at the canadian visa application offics tomorrow?

Please, I need answers

Abeg o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Myjoyishere: 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
shanny001:

The only thing you need to prove that you are married to your husband is legit marriage certificate not change of name. And as for your kids, the only proof you need is your name on their birth certificate as their mom.

Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Myjoyishere: 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
Myjoyishere:

Thanks alot.

Pls, what about my own birth certificate. Can I make use of affidavit or go for birth certificate. Which one is needed at the embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Biola67: 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hope4Naja:
Hello, please can one submit two bank statements. One account 5m and the other 10m for one year program or is only one bank statement
Who owns the two accounts? If the account is for you or sponsor then no worries..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandous19: 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good evening everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prime1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Prime1:
Please does anyone have a biometric appointment tomorrow 28th?
Will the holiday affect them at the canadian visa application offics tomorrow?

Please, I need answers

Abeg o

Please, I need answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by smatadex(m): 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
My application status says closed while my background verification says in progress. Does it matter or otilor

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shanny001(f): 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Myjoyishere:

Pls, what about my own birth certificate. Can I make use of affidavit or go for birth certificate. Which one is needed at the embassy.
If you don't have your birth certificate then you need to get an affidavit... I think its called declaration of age or so... I'm not too sure what it's called.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Available funds are insufficient. As a self-sponsor, IRCC expects you to have tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of your program or show a reliable source of funds for the duration of your academic program.
oriazowan:
Good morning house.

He is in Canada as a visitor and we applied for a study permit for him but he got refused on two reasons;
Purpose of visit

Brief background
Married with four kids, wife works as a Nurse but they are not in good terms so can’t obtain any documents from her.

Tuition deposit paid: $6500(the school said he could pay for one semester since he was in Canada, usually the deposit should be $10,000).
He lost his job in November last year so all funds were from savings and payout from his employer

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
MizMyColi:

Thank you so much.

It didn't even occur to me to check the first page. I came here from Google.

What about medicals? When do they usually go for it? After or before applying?

Please let me know.

Some do before submission of application. That's upfront medical. With this they attach the medical sheet with the application before submission. I did this type. Some do after submission of application and later send the medical sheet via webform to ircc. This is another form of upfront. While some submit application and wait till when ircc sends a medical request. People not having luxury of time before their school resumption usually go for the first 2 options due to the difficulty and delay these days in booking appointment for medicals.

So you can choose anyone you want

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
Has your eligibility been passed/completed yet?
rio2021:
Good afternoon everyone, after medical has been updated to pass how many days will it take to get Passport request. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
Bopz1805:
Good afternoon everyone, my canada student visa was refused recently because i used only a microfinance bank for my POF. I was told it can be rectified. How do i go about? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated . Thank you.

Move the funds from your microfinance bank to your regular bank and attach both statements of accts to show trail of funds transfer then also attach a letter of explanation briefly explaining this transfer.
I hope it's your gcms notes that spotted this so you will be sure that's the only issue they had with your application.
Also before submitting the reapplication, ensure you use the prevailing rate of the day. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
It won’t make you medically inadmissible to Canada, as it is not a health issue that places an undue financial burden on Canada’s health care system. However, they may request additional tests.
Nairalandous19:
Good evening everyone, please does inactive Hepatitis B, make one medically inadmissible into Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hope4Naja:

Yes you can submit more than 2 as long as you properly explain the funds and their sources in both accounts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
oriazowan:
Good morning house.

Purpose of visit

Brief background

He practically has no home and economic ties from what you listed here hence the purpose of study. He is even in Canada on a visit visa. This is already screaming I don't even intend to return to Nigeria. This will be really hard. Due to his lack of home and economic ties(from what you listed here as he has lost his job and not in good terms with his wife), his best bet is to return to Nigeria and apply then find a good economic and home ties to attach to his reapplication

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by smatadex(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
smatadex:
My application status says closed while my background verification says in progress. Does it matter or otilor

Please o, someone should answer please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ATTAHDYE(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Yes, most of my clients use 3 accounts.

Instead of moving all the funds as lump sums to one account that will then require explanation letters, you ha e use 3-4 accounts that have substantial funds

Hope4Naja:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ikay3502(m): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hey @Daisy Good evening, how are you doing?
Left u couple of message(s) through your email, but you're yet to respond to any of them..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Generalmerchant: 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
I have an accommodation for rent In Lethbridge Alberta. Hit me up if you are looking. Gultanproperties at gmail.com is the contact.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandous19: 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good evening everyone, please I did upfront medicals and I just received a medical request notification, I am confused, is this normal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.