Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225670 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jennyka: 10:12am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello everyone, I need help to apply for my GCMS note.

Does anyone know how to get the GCMS note? I tried to get it but didn’t work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by portablesuzy: 10:14am On Jul 07, 2023
Good.morning all If am changing immigration consultant to an Immigration lawyer does the new person needs any login details or will just work with my UCI and application no.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Erwinjstoff(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2023
Chinnychappy90:
I will advise going to pick up yourself but go early coz of the crowd. With submission, you need book an appointment though I was allowed to go in without an appointment. But with collection, you do not need to book an appointment. You will get the notification. Just go early with the copy of your passport page that has the stamp. I did mine in person coz I reside in Abuja. So mine took 3 working days from submission to collection plus I didn't pay anything coz I submitted in person and choose to pick up in person as well.

I used courier service and have been notified that it’s ready a week now. Still yet I didn’t receive the tracker or phone call to get it delivered to my location. I stay at ughelli .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rio2021: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2023
I have the same issue , no email or text since my passport delivered to the VFS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dkingslayer99: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2023
adepeju1911:

I was not contacted but I tracked it and realised it's ready for collection.

This message;

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ********* has been received from the IRCC Office on 2023/06/30 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja and is ready for collection. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC , please refer to our website at:https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria/

Hello dear please how did you track it?
I’m the same situation right now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dkingslayer99: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2023
Chechem:

Owerri, I have gotten the awb. Mine is on the way...

How did you go about tracking your passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mistlizzy01: 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hello House, please I need urgent answers. Has anyone ever tried applying for a Canadian student study visa while in another country. Please how did you do it. Cos my sister is currently in Kuwait but wants to apply for Canada study visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LotaCath: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hello house.
I would appreciate some help with my situation.

I applied for my visa in June and I got my PPR on the 4th of July. The next available appointment for passport submission is the 22nd of July which is pretty far away. Flight tickets are extremely expensive as it is, I’m considering booking the flight now even though I am yet to receive my visa. Should I go ahead and book the flight or wait till I receive the passport?

Also, I’d like some advice on how to get an affordable flight. The flights I’m seeing are ridiculously expensive. If anyone has any tips I would really appreciate it.
P.S I’m going to Halifax
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
On their website. I paid in dollars into their dollar account. The first booking was in the afternoon. It was high. Check early hours of the morning. I actually opened their office with my calls the morning I saw 1010.98 USD. I was able to get dollars at 770naira to a dollar last week Friday and made payment.
Lindyadam:
@Chinnychappy90, What time did you book the flight for Lufthansa and what site did you use cos all i keep seeing is 1.6million.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Are you male or female. I am headed to Halifax. Have got accommodation already? You can use courier for submission and request to collect in person. I don't know if one way payment is allowed.
LotaCath:
Hello house.
I would appreciate some help with my situation.

I applied for my visa in June and I got my PPR on the 4th of July. The next available appointment for passport submission is the 22nd of July which is pretty far away. Flight tickets are extremely expensive as it is, I’m considering booking the flight now even though I am yet to receive my visa. Should I go ahead and book the flight or wait till I receive the passport?

Also, I’d like some advice on how to get an affordable flight. The flights I’m seeing are ridiculously expensive. If anyone has any tips I would really appreciate it.
P.S I’m going to Halifax
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MsJanez01: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
Pepperb:

It took 10days. I sent to VFS Abuja

Please is this 10 working days?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nwokolo100: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hello house,

Wanted to know if proof of funds must start at the beginning of the month or can it start at a random date within a month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
Which vfs office did you have your biometrics done and which are you using for submission/collection? For collection , you don't need to book an appointment. I went and collected in person coz at the point of submission, I opted for in person collection. Could it be that your email was started wrongly? Maybe you should gibe them more time.
Erwinjstoff:

I used courier service and have been notified that it’s ready a week now. Still yet I didn’t receive the tracker or phone call to get it delivered to my location. I stay at ughelli .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sheney: 12:40pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hello gurus in the house, please I kindly need to clear my doubt on so many things but would like to start with this!
I had a master's degree and would like to apply for a PhD program for the following reasons: if I could get a TA or RA with the admission, it will ease the burden of POF on me while I will be able to use the limited resources for my family.
I would like to know from elders if a BSc with second class upper and a master's degree with a PhD grade in a stem course here in Nigeria could get me into a PhD program in Canada.

Also, the issue of upfront medicals, how can I go about it.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbSapi(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
My application was refused yesterday.
Second time applicant.
5m+ in personal account
brother is my sponsor with 30m+ as sponsor.
Sept Intake...
Pls is it possible to refire or seek for fairness

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnames: 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
Pace6:

Uniben? It’s fire for fire. It takes not less than 3 months o. This is not to scare you, anything can happen if you know someone.

You can apply with your student copy, when they want the official one, they will contact you to send it either hard or soft copy as the case may be.

Did you finish from Ekenwhan or Ugbowo main campus?

Peace
please
How can I get the student copy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Erwinjstoff(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
Chinnychappy90:
Which vfs office did you have your biometrics done and which are you using for submission/collection? For collection , you don't need to book an appointment. I went and collected in person coz at the point of submission, I opted for in person collection. Could it be that your email was started wrongly? Maybe you should gibe them more time.

I never went to abuja in person. Paid courier and transmission fee and got an email with an invoice acknowledging my payment. I got a message from IRCC that it’s been sent to CVAC and CVAC acknowledged receiving the passport while indicating they will send me the tracking to receive it at my location since last Friday. Until this moment, nothing from them despite sending out mails and worst of it all they just have a single number to reach them which is always busy or in other calls. It’s frustrating, what if i go to Abuja to get it and it’s no longer there or still on transit. I regret using the courier service, should have gone in person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sazy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
Loba03:

If you get any, please I would like to join also. Thank you.

Please don't forget to add me when you see
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iykedpetes(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bobomaigida:

What is the status saying on the tracker?

Has the medical been passed?

Please sign up on the tracker and check.

Also, can you shed more light on the POF she presented?
She mentioned that her bank statement balance is 23 million. She paid 12,000 as school fees, but the person who wrote the Statement of Purpose (SOP) made a mistake and wrote 14,000. She wants to rewrite her SOP to address this.

Someone adviced her to address these concerns immediately by submitting a revised SOP. In the revised SOP, she can provide a comprehensive overview of her financial situation. She can explain that the educational institution she applied to, Conestoga College, requested the payment of the first semester tuition fee, which is CAD 9,000. However, she mistakenly mentioned in her previous SOP that she paid CAD 14,000 instead of the correct amount of CAD 12,000.

She can clarify that this discrepancy occurred because Conestoga College issued a receipt of CAD 2,000, which she paid on January 1st. Subsequently, she made an additional payment of CAD 10,000 on March 2nd and received another receipt totaling CAD 12,000. She should apologize for any confusion caused by this error and assure the VO that she has the necessary funds to cover the remaining balance of the tuition fees....her balance in her account is 23m with good inflow and outflow

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
Nwokolo100:
Hello house,

Wanted to know if proof of funds must start at the beginning of the month or can it start at a random date within a month.

It can start anytime within the month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
iykedpetes:

She mentioned that her bank statement balance is 23 million. She paid 12,000 as school fees, but the person who wrote the Statement of Purpose (SOP) made a mistake and wrote 14,000. She wants to rewrite her SOP to address this.

Someone adviced her to address these concerns immediately by submitting a revised SOP. In the revised SOP, she can provide a comprehensive overview of her financial situation. She can explain that the educational institution she applied to, Conestoga College, requested the payment of the first semester tuition fee, which is CAD 9,000. However, she mistakenly mentioned in her previous SOP that she paid CAD 14,000 instead of the correct amount of CAD 12,000.

She can clarify that this discrepancy occurred because Conestoga College issued a receipt of CAD 2,000, which she paid on January 1st. Subsequently, she made an additional payment of CAD 10,000 on March 2nd and received another receipt totaling CAD 12,000. She should apologize for any confusion caused by this error and assure the VO that she has the necessary funds to cover the remaining balance of the tuition fees....her balance in her account is 23m with good inflow and outflow

I do not think that is the issue,
1. What is her present job and how much is her annual pay? Is her income likely to give her 23m?
2. When you say the account has good inflow and outflow, does it have lump sums?
3. The error in amount is inconsequential.
4. Is she sponsoring herself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iykedpetes(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
Bobomaigida:

I do not think that is the issue,
1. What is her present job and how much is her annual pay? Is her income likely to give her 23m?
2. When you say the account has good inflow and outflow, does it have lump sums?
3. The error in amount is inconsequential.
4. Is she sponsoring herself?

All the money she feel it was lump sum was addressed with a recipet ...her salary is 400k monthly..she has her own personal business...she self sponsored and the fiancee wrote a letter that he will manage the business why she is away ..you advised that she should not mention that she made a mistake in her pervious Sop?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zeb04(f): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
dkingslayer99:

How did you go about tracking your passport?

Please when did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iykedpetes(m): 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
This is the screen shot to show that medical was requested

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MsJanez01: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
Guys please I need your input o. My mum passport is stucked in Abuja Vfs. I finally just got a confirmation that it is ready for pick up after chatting them and her flight is on Tuesday. She is in lagos.
My question is.. 1. if I pay for their courier service today, when is she likely to get the passport?
2. Can a third party pick up the passport for her and then dhl it cause I don't even trust the efficiency of this vfs again

Please I need suggestions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
iykedpetes:

Please from the screenshot, it looks like her biometrics wasn’t updated. Did she do biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamvictorious: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hi Nairaland family, please i need a little help on how to go about this.
I'm applying for study visa and I want to apply as self sponsor with my dad as Co sponsor. Below are the important details

Its a 2years program and I have paid tuition for 1 semester.

I have 14m which was gifted to me by my dad over the course of 4 months in installment. The money is over 4months and not been touched. The little asset I have are 2 pieces of lands (one in Lagos and one in Abuja), my work and the small business I manage (I have CAC Doc and receipts of sales) plus my family is staying back in Naija for now (home ties).

My dad currently does not have much cash in his account because he is building a house so there is no money from his end to use as proof of fund. But his assets are a thriving hotel business, his personal home, rental apartments with tenants and lots of lands.

My question is, can I go ahead and apply for Visa and use my dad as a Co sponsor and submit documents of his assets? And also his pay slips (he has a very good job).

While I apply as the sponsor?

Or I should use my dad as sponsor?

My assets are not enough hence my thinking of adding my father.

Please gurus in the house, advice.

My start up is September this year.

I'm desperate for answers please.

Thank you 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iamvictorious:
I'm applying for study visa and I want to apply as self sponsor with my dad as Co sponsor. Below are the important details

I have 14m which was gifted to me by my dad over the course of 4 months in installment. The money is over 4months and not been touched. The little asset I have are 2 pieces of lands (one in Lagos and one in Abuja), my work and the small business I manage (I have CAC Doc and receipts of sales) plus my family is staying back in Naija for now (home ties).

My dad currently does not have much cash in his account because he is building a house so there is no money from his end to use as proof of fund. But his assets are a thriving hotel business, his personal home, rental apartments with tenants and lots of lands.

My question is, can I go ahead and apply for Visa and use my dad as a Co sponsor and submit documents of his assets? And also his pay slips (he has a very good job).

Thank you 🙏

Please you have do a breakdown of your expenses and your available funds to be certain the funds aren't enough.

Tuition for a one yr* =
Living exp = 10,000
Flight and Miscellaneous =5,000
Your N14mm is C$24,525.

How much have you paid from the tuition and how much is left?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
AbSapi:
My application was refused yesterday.
Second time applicant.
5m+ in personal account
brother is my sponsor with 30m+ as sponsor.
Sept Intake...
Pls is it possible to refire or seek for fairness

On what ground do you want to possibly seek for fairness? You would have to probably get your gcms notes before you seek for fairness.
You don't have luxury of time. After your first rejection, did you order your gcms notes and what did you do differently before you reapplied.

Also can you list out the docs you submitted as supporting doc for your sponsor.
Finally, you can list out your tuition and program duration so your pof can be worked out.
Then get help with the sop.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iamvictorious:

My assets are not enough hence my thinking of adding my father.

Please gurus in the house, advice.

My start up is September this year.

Thank you 🙏

From what you said, the only available funds are the 14m in your acct.

Work out your pof.
Tuition for 2 years.
Living expenses and miscellaneous.

Then you will know the difference.
From this above, your 14m will certainly not be enough. So except you want to take your chances and show evidence of funds covering just one year tuition and 1 yr leaving expenses then allow your sop show possibly how your father being your sponsor can guarantee funds using rental income etc. That would be what the sop will do for you. So you need a strong one. Apart from that, your 14m wouldn't be enough.
As for your asset and economic ties, do you work or own a business? What docs do you have to support it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
It is PPR for a close friend after two rejections.

First Application (GC Key)
Submitted – 11/09/2021
Upfront Med passed – 14/10/21
Refusal – 7/12/21

GCMS notes revealed no detailed information, just that the VO stated that though funds seem available he/she/it was not convinced that third party funds will be available for the duration of the programme.
The sponsor was her brother in law who was based in Canada and he had provided statements of about C$51,000 with no lump sums at all, while she had paid first semester fees at Lambton college for a two year programme, after this rejection, she was in dilemma on what to do, because Lambton College does not allow deferral of admission and she was hoping to resume for Spring 2022, she actually submitted the application early to get quick processing in line with the 4 months timeline of IRCC then, since there was still time before her proposed resumption, she decided to resubmit her application, with same documents hoping that a considerate VO will look at it with favourable eyes, but guess what she was bounced again!

Second Application (New Portal)
Submitted – 8/02/22
Existing upfront med passed – 18/2/22
Refusal – 25/5/22

By this time, she had started online courses with Lambton college because spring classes had started, hoping that the second application will be successful. When the notes came out there were blunders from the VO.
The VO claimed that her whole family was travelling when she was only traveling with her daughter while her husband and son were to be in Nigeria.
The VO also claimed that the sponsor and the applicant were not bearing the same surname whereas this was not true. Applicant surname was same as sponsor who was her brother-in-law.
The VO was claimed there was little documentation to show relationship between sponsor and applicant, when picture and a letter was written to explain the relationship.
Then the VO also picked out the fact that the statement submitted did not have names on it. (MBS could not be done since the account was a foreign one) at the point of trying to scan and attach, the first page of the statement was omitted.
When the rejection came, it was time to strategize because no retreat, no surrender. She applied to get her semester tuition payment refunded, this was done after like 1 month, then she went back to the drawing board.
Since her grade was a second class upper, she decided to jettison colleges and instead pursue Masters, she applied to Northeastern University in Sept 2022 with plans to resume Fall 2023, the application was fee and she was offered a 15-month programme in Analytics, she had also applied to Toronto Metropolitan but was rejected. Then she went to start building her POF such that by the time she submitted her application it would have been perfect, and we all joined our heads together to draft a very strong SOP starting with an LOE on the last application, the LOE was used point out the blunders the VO had made in that application. She built her POF from Sept 2022 till she resubmitted a new application May 2023 for Fall 2023 intake. This time she did not do upfront medicals because she wanted to see progress with a medical request.

Third Application (GCKey) used because of the documents size
Submitted – 19/5/23
Medical req – 14/6/23
Medical done -30/6/23
Medical passed – 5/7/23
PPR – 6/7/23

Docs Submitted
LOE for refused application.
SOP wey go Harvard.
Reference letter from Husband employer who was now the sponsor.
Study leave approval letter.
Offer of employment letter.
Letter of Sponsorship and gift deed (Husband sent N10mm to her account for tuition)
The lump sum was explained in the SOP.
Resume.
Academic Transcripts.
First Degree certification.
Name change Affidavit.
Letter of Consent from husband for her to travel with the daughter.
Birth certificate for Son, daughter, Husband and herself.
Family pictures – prewedding pic, wedding day pic, honeymoon pic, pic with Grand mothers. There were captions to explain the pictures.
Google search page of data analyst open roles in Nigeria- This was part of the future career plan stated in the SOP to show the applicant had enough options waiting for her she comes back.
Letter sent to day care in Toronto seeking for waitlisting for her daughter.
Joint account statement housing the POF (USD11,590 and N3,500,000).
Lump sum payment of N10m to applicant account a week before submission.
Her Personal account – N560,000.
All statements were sent with MBS.
Reference letter showing she had access to the joint account.
It has not been an easy journey, and she never gave up.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kdfemi(m): 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
rio2021:
I have the same issue , no email or text since my passport delivered to the VFS
hello have you gotten any message from VFS now, i am also facing same issue Passport delivered since Tuesday but nothing has been communicated to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.