Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,685 members, 7,831,125 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1240640 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2023
Glowing05:

Please did you add police character certificate document

No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dhiqson(m): 9:44am On Jul 13, 2023
zubizareta:

Better start targeting schools for January 2024 atleast except you have sufficient funds down for September. With a healthy acct

When you say sufficient funds we talkin bout how much
And pls broski, gimme school's still admitting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by etyno: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2023
Hello beautiful people.
I have a question and I will appreciate your response.

After sales of a landed property, what documents can I present to show the funds is from sales of the property asides receipt issued to the buyer and bank statement?

Thanks so much in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2023
dhiqson:

When you say sufficient funds we talkin bout how much
And pls broski, gimme school's still admitting
Pof will be determined by duration of program and the annual tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dhiqson(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2023
zubizareta:

Pof will be determined by duration of program and the annual tuition

We fit yarn whatsapp or?
Mention in a dead thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emmymajesty: 9:59am On Jul 13, 2023
Bobomaigida:

You can send an email

Thank you, my email is emijoe4life@gmail.com.

Kindly send me yours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hope4Naja: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2023
Hello, please I am sponsoring my wife for one year program. My questions

She will submit my bank statement only or both mine and her own bank statement (can I she use my two bank statement)

Total fees for one year program is 14000 CAD, will 15m be enough for POF. She is going alone for now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lamzee(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2023
Hello,
I have an upfront medicals on the 18th of July but I’ve already submitted my application since last month, can I still proceed with the medicals?
Also, if I’m to make payment, is it the screenshot I’ll print out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by canadamustgo24: 10:49am On Jul 13, 2023
zubizareta:

Yes you can use your brother. How much is your bro SOA going to bring in? Then you will have to prove hos source of income and his credibility to be a worthy sponsor.

That is what I have a problem with. Because he does not have a registered business, how do I proof his source of income?
What documents do we need to provide?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2023
Hope4Naja:
Hello, please I am sponsoring my wife for one year program. My questions

She will submit my bank statement only or both mine and her own bank statement (can I she use my two bank statement)

Total fees for one year program is 14000 CAD, will 15m be enough for POF. She is going alone for now

If she is working or doing business, let's logical she has some money to contribute to her education hence she will submit hers.
You can use 2 of your bank statements

Make that money 20m in total. That will be fine. 15m will not fly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 10:54am On Jul 13, 2023
canadamustgo24:

That is what I have a problem with. Because he does not have a registered business, how do I proof his source of income?
What documents do we need to provide?

Thank you

For his business, you have to show backdated old receipts showing that business have been running and active for years even though not registered. Not just receipts, invoices of purchases, receipts, waybill, pics, tenancy agreement of office space etc. Anything to show it has been running for years and still running. Then if he has any assets, attach as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2023
Good morning

Please I want to start my proof of funds against January, like how much should I use as open balance that will not look small or too big
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thony2023: 11:47am On Jul 13, 2023
Hello house, pls how long does it take to receive a refund from flywire? I got a mail from them that they've received the fund from my school on June 30th. It's up to two weeks now, no update from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2023
justmoveglobal:
1. Because you had HND you should go to college for either a 1yr program or 2yrs depending on the course
2. Don't apply for BSc when you already have HND
3. Go to any college
4. you can use your parents and also your acct too in combine

Thanks sir. But you said I shouldn't apply for BSC when I already have hnd. Please why do you say so. Is that two years course not same as diploma I have here in Nigeria?. What will the result not bear diploma after graduation?. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by G8tfulSol: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2023
If it was IOM appointment you had for Aug 21. Try q-life on Monday morning at exactly 8am. You may get date earlier than Aug. 21.
Nik4kk:
House please i
need help
I got my medical request letter today , but i wqs booked for a later date by august 21 and it would be late by then . Any advice on what to do please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by canadamustgo24: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
macsilver:

Congratulations on your offer. You didn’t make mention of the school but some schools won’t give an extension but you can write them to be double sure.
There are many questions.
Is there an initial tuition deposit and a final tuition deposit?
How much is the tuition?
How much is the tuition deposit in total?
Yes your brother can be used as the sponsor (hoping you’re male and your brother has the same surname as you. If otherwise, get a letter of sponsorship)
Do not forget that your POF comprises of your remaining tuition fees after the deposit has been paid, plus your living expenses.
Good luck.

Thank you for your response.
The school is Canadore college
Acceptance fees =2,400
Initial deposit =6,100
Scholarship of 2,500 but to be given in second semester
I still bear the same surname wit my brother

Please what documents do we need to show his source of income, since his business is not registered?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
justmoveglobal:
1. Because you had HND you should go to college for either a 1yr program or 2yrs depending on the course
2. Don't apply for BSc when you already have HND
3. Go to any college
4. you can use your parents and also your acct too in combine

Thanks sir. But you said I shouldn't apply for BSC when I already have hnd. Please why do you say so. Is that two years course not same as diploma I have here in Nigeria?. What will the result not bear diploma after graduation?. Thanks.
macsilver:

Sadly, yes.
You should show proof of funds for the entire stay.

As the other gentleman has said, you can simply go for a 2 years course, then get a 3 years post study work permit, and you’re good!

Wow 😲😲😲 , really?. I am hearing it for the first time here that the proof of fund should cover all the whole tution fees you need for those years you will stay there. I was thinking 🤔🤔 initially, that one year tution fee is good to go

Then how possible is it to apply for two years course and get three year pgwp. Is it realistic to you boss?. Because I am hearing that you if you apply for two years, they will issue you one year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iykip(m): 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
macdeeza:
first you can visit the IRCC web page to read about the requirements for a study visa.
2. you have to have sufficient fund to cover your tuition and living expenses
3. there are certain things that will determine how many years' POF you will need to show. e.g, the year duration of your program, who is the
sponsor, other family commitments etc.
4. Its very technical, but read through this thread, you can educate urself better.
5. if i have more info about your situation, maybe i can give specific advice

Thank you Macdeeza.

I'm a freelancer. I've heard that they deny freelancers visa since they don't have employment ties in their home country. Is this true? Also, I intend going with my spouse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
zubizareta:

Remind me again. What's your annual tuition. Add 10k living expenses and 4k miscellaneous. Total it and see the figure in naira.

Thanks for the enlightenment anyway 18k tution fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
ShowYoung:

NGN 14M is not enough for a one-year program if the tuition fee is more than $11,500.

Hardly will you find a Post Graduate program for less than or equal to $11,500.

What do you mean sir. I don't really understand your point. Are you saying for him or against him?. That is do you mean he is right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
alphabbey1:

Yes, definitely not enough for a One year program. I noticed he hasn't even added the $10,000 living expenses and $3,000 miscellaneous... God save him he hasn't applied yet.

That is why I am asking questions to avoid painful regret
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
ShowYoung:

Firstly, your 14m is not enough for a one-year program if the tuition fee is more than $11.5k; because as of now, the official CBN rate is $1/599.6-- that is, 1 Canadian Dollar is equal to around 600 Naira.

Why go for a diploma when you can go for a post graduate diploma or post graduate certificate? Note that diploma courses are usually 2 years. Your funds cannot even cater for a one-year year program not to talk of going for a two-year course. PGD/PGC usually take from 8 months or more.

You should note that HND is higher than Diploma, Associate Degree and Advance Diploma.

In Canada, HND is higher than Bachelor Degree because it is assessed to be equal to Post Graduate Certificate by WES.

Thanks for educating me because I am just hearing for the first time that HND is higher than bachelors degree. Wonderful!!.

But after pgd or pgc, don't you think they might not offer me or at most one year of work after studies?.

How do I go about getting more years to work if I should go for pgd or pgc. Any advice?. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
alphabbey1:

(18,000 + 10,000 + 4,000) × 600 = 19,200,000 Naira (For a One year program)
And for 2 years program and more, you definitely need to show you have a way of paying the remaining amount without working in Canada... MPower loan is your best bet for the Bsc program..

What is mpower loan, sir?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
alphabbey1:
You might want to rephrase this coz I don't think there's any country ranking HND higher than Bsc...

Hmm. I was thinking from your own direction until I heard otherwise. I was so surprised when I had him said HND is higher than bse in Canada. But anyway, let me still keep moving until I found out who is right. Let me not just conclude that he is wrong immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
ShowYoung:

That is what you think, but I am telling you what I know and am sure of.

Reasons and Proofs

1. HND is assessed to be equivalent to PostGrad. Cert. by WES Canada.

2. If PostGrad. Cert is higher than Bachelor Degree, then HND is higher than Bachelor Degree.

3. Recently, an HND holder got admission to a PhD-- Doctoral Degree-- program in a US university direct without having a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.

4. In Express Entry, HND gets 22 points, Bachelor Degree gets 20 points.

5. You should also note that Nigerian HND is higher than and different from the UK HND based on course load and credit units.

6. I can mention at least 10 UK universities accepting HND direct to master's degree programs. Also, I can mention at least 5 US universities accepting HND direct to master's degree programs.

7. You may want to ask for more evidence if the ones above are not satisfactory enough.

You sound so convincingly that was why I never wanted to say you are wrong from your first comment, rather to keep an open minded until I got desired explanation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
zubizareta:

I want to understand you because you obviously don't know how this is calculated.
If you want to show pof for a year, you have to add annual tuition, living expenses of 10k and miscellaneous of 4k.
Now this your 18k barely covers 14k living expenses and miscellaneous. So is the 4k for tuition ot what?
I assumed the 18k is tuition alone, so your funds can't even cover for one year.

Okay wonderful explanation. I think I mapped out 3k for up keep.

Anyways thanks for following me up . I will do the needful. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sunkanmi2211: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
Is it a total of 2 years program tuition fee you must have as POF or just the first year tuition fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
alphabbey1:

I dont really want this to turn into an argument bro, just that The fact that you want to bring evidence to prove no 6 should let you know there's no iota of truth in putting Hnd above Bsc. And no 3 is a free pass for Bsc holder. Every Bsc holder I know on scholarship in US are on PHD...

HND can have higher point in Express Entry because OND+HND is considered 2 or more degree, but I tell you that most Canadian universities do not see it in same view...

And for the HND person you know admitted into PHD, go and check the person's quantity and quality of project Research and publication.....

Unconstructive arguments occur when there is no data to back it up.

If you have a good data, kindly share here so everyone can learn.

For the HND holder that got admitted to a PhD program directly, would (s)he have been easily given a chance to go for a master's degree in Nigeria irrespective of research and job experience not to talk of a PhD program? The US universities are not like us! They know the worth! Your last paragraph connotes an attestation to HND being accepted for a PhD admission without a master's degree.

I say it again, HND is assessed to be equivalent to PGCert by WES Canada and other ECA bodies in Canada. I will like if you can debunk this is not true and that PGCert is not higher than Bachelor Degree in Canada.

In the past, people have gained admission into master's degree programs in Canada using HND. It is because people don't want to be wasting money on application fees HND holders are advised to go for PGCert. Even, bachelor's degrees 2:2-- and some 2:1 below 71%-- are not acceptable for master's degree programs in Canada. We know this. It doesn't make them inferior.

I say it again, if your HND is strong (distinction), please go for master's degree.

You should see yourself as having a better qualification and be bold.

In the UK, the US, Australia, Benin, Togo et al, they accept Nigerian HND to master's degree program direct.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glowing05: 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
Lamzee:
Hello,
I have an upfront medicals on the 18th of July but I’ve already submitted my application since last month, can I still proceed with the medicals?
Also, if I’m to make payment, is it the screenshot I’ll print out

I don’t know about the first one but yes the receipt from the bank or your debit alert
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glowing05: 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
Pristine664:

No

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glowing05: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
Please my sponsor has 4m balance after payment of 1st semester school fee and all then I want to do a gift deed of 12million from my sister.
Don’t want to put the funds in my sponsor’s account to avoid lump sum
Please is this reasonable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aylawal72: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
hello please help i am submitting passport soon in lagos and i cant find biometric slip. can i use biometric validity letter instead or how much will i have to pay for not submitting biometric slip

(1) (2) (3) ... (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.