Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,388 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1224913 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
As long as you write a very very good and convincing SOP as to why and how you decided to study the course.
colored:
Has anybody here ever had their visa approved for a program that isn't related to their work experience or educational background?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
Pray with faith, Send emails and webforms

[quote author=jimash post=124472999][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Usainterviews: 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
This University in Canada is waiving application fee with scholarships just for you! 💰-
Hurry now. Share with anyone looking for this opportunity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4le3AZNRxac
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by essentialone(m): 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
House34:

Madam,how do you later reslove ur issue??

Permit to Work granted by IRCC. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by goodgirl4God: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
zeb04:
Guys please do I need a visa for a layover at Paris (Charles De Gaulle)
Hello sis, I sent a message and there was no response. It is okay and we can talk here. First, let me answer your question, you do not need a visa at CDG. How many hours is your layover? as mine is 6 hours though I am using KLM. I just wanted us to connect since I saw you are going to Quebec for a job the same as me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zeb04(f): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
goodgirl4God:

Hello sis, I sent a message and there was no response. It is okay and we can talk here. First, let me answer your question, you do not need a visa at CDG. How many hours is your layover? as mine is 6 hours though I am using KLM. I just wanted us to connect since I saw you are going to Quebec for a job the same as me.

Hello,

Thank you. When is your travel date?

I probably would have booked KLM if I knew I would have a travel buddy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Select 'No' then

Rapujoshua:
Yes my program has Co-op program but it is optional, so it is not stated on my acceptance letter. And I will want to take the co-op program. Do I need to take a snap of where it is started on the website and upload there.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by goodgirl4God: 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2023
zeb04:

Hello,

Thank you. When is your travel date?

I probably would have booked KLM if I knew I would have a travel buddy.

It isn't everything I like putting out there on the internet that is why I sent a PM. It is 23rd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zeb04(f): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
goodgirl4God:

It isn't everything I like putting out there on the internet that is why I sent a PM. It is 23rd

I understand.

I didn’t find your pm, so i sent mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by goodgirl4God: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2023
zeb04:

I understand.

I didn’t find your pm, so i sent mine
It is okay sis, replied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
ShowYoung:
While GCMS notes is the true source of getting the main reason you were refused visa based on financial resources, I can deduce from what you wrote here, coupled with some questions which if asked will not be in your favour, that your application has some flaws.

AlNur:

Exactly. She should use an experienced agent to reapply. I don’t think it’s wise to wait for GCMS note before reapplying.

While I understand that you are entitled to your opinion and I sincerely respect it, I'd rather you make your opinion known without riding on mine because your opinion doesn't tally with mine and has no connection in any way with what I posted.

There is no where I put that it's unwise to wait for GCMS notes before reapplying.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kc6964(m): 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
theoldG:

CAD$1= NGN 582. i.e NGN1 = CAD$ 0.00171680 from the IRCC website today 17th July

Thanks 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lindyadam: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
faithee01:
I submitted my passport via ups and they said they have submitted to vfs lagos last week Wednesday..... but up till now no mail from vfs.....pls anyone will similar situation......what can I do..? I am confused ...I don't even reside in Lagos

The same with me. I submitted last week Monday and I have not gotten any confirmation till now. The person i chatted with from Lagos VAC said i will have to wait for them to confirm and that may take time. I intend to have another web chat tomorrow .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by faithee01: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
Please kindly contact me if you are a female in need of a room mate in manitoba . Accommodation needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aderettoye: 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
macsilver:

You have good home ties as well as proof of funds.
Your children would apply for Open Study Visa though. When applying for any school of your choice, you would need to do the study gap explanation (not a big deal)
I would advise you go for a 2 year course though. Project management in Canadian schools are always 1 year. A course in business management would suit you just fine.
For your own sake, please do not choose that health care course because you do not have the prior experience.

You mean the applicant or yourself? I got a bit confused here.

Would need valuation for these properties. It would really help the visa process but this is not the main thing. First gain an admission into a school. Do you have a province in mind? What school are you looking to apply to? These are the initial questions that you need to ask.

Sorry I had to quote your post to get this question posted.

I have someone putting through application for study.
Under the supporting documents for family member which is the spouse of the main applicant, it request for upload of "Purpose of Travel" document which is expected to be:
-Flight tickets departing Canada or
-Travel itinerary or
- Proof of medical appointment.....

Please which document goes in there for spouse attached to the main applicant for SOWP?
Thanks for anticipated response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Scogyoddyniv1: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2023
Congratulations for the permit to work that was granted to you Ma.

I have a request to submit my passport but the agent applied for Visiting vasa for me instead of Spouse Open work permit.
I will really want you to assist on how to convert this Visit Visa to work permit because I will be accompanying my wife that has been asked to submit her passport too.
Please it is very urgent.
Thanks in anticipation

essentialone:

Permit to Work granted by IRCC. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
Scogyoddyniv1:
Congratulations for the permit to work that was granted to you Ma.

I have a request to submit my passport but the agent applied for Visiting vasa for me instead of Spouse Open work permit.
I will really want you to assist on how to convert this Visit Visa to work permit because I will be accompanying my wife that has been asked to submit her passport too.
Please it is very urgent.
Thanks in anticipation

It's simple. Your wife is the legal status holder as the student here. Go to the border with her documents once she is enrolled as a student and flagpole. Your visit visa will be converted to sowp at the border there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2023
Lindyadam:

faithee01:
I submitted my passport via ups and they said they have submitted to vfs lagos last week Wednesday..... but up till now no mail from vfs.....pls anyone will similar situation......what can I do..? I am confused ...I don't even reside in Lagos

The same with me. I submitted last week Monday and I have not gotten any confirmation till now. The person i chatted with from Lagos VAC said i will have to wait for them to confirm and that may take time. I intend to have another web chat tomorrow .

If you sent your passports to Lagos via courier, it takes an average of one week for them to acknowledge receipt of your passports if you have paid all necessary fees, at least judging from an acquittance's case I have seen.
Just be patient, they will respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pinkalicious: 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good afternoon
Please when collecting passport after being stamped do I need to take any documents along
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
Pinkalicious:
Good afternoon
Please when collecting passport after being stamped do I need to take any documents along

VFS E-ICR (In case of third party collection - printout of the e-mail and VFS EICR is mandatory
VFS stamped copy of passport data-page.
Government issued valid photo identity.
In case of third party collection - Signed VFS consent form from all applicant/s, name and relationship to the applicant is
required. Signature must be as per the passport.

CC: VFS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojiakujohn: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
I need accomodation near doon campus Conestoga. Any lead of someone already there please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lindyadam: 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
Bobomaigida:

If you sent your passports to Lagos via courier, it takes an average of one week for them to acknowledge receipt of your passports if you have paid all necessary fees, at least judging from an acquittance's case I have seen.
Just be patient, they will respond.

Thank you. Apart from the fees paid to DHL. I didn't pay any other fees because i did my biometrics in Lagos and I will pick myself if its ready. I will just be patient then. Thanks a lot for the replies.I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pinkalicious: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
Thanks for the reply.
I don't really understand and I won't be picking it up.its a courier service that will be picking it up.please can you explain better to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hope4Naja: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hope4Naja: 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hope4Naja:
An employer wants to prepare a letter, how will they address the letter
Someone should help please

The Visa Officer,
Immigration, Refuges and Citizenship Canada,
Canada.
any guide on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
Pinkalicious:
Thanks for the reply.
I don't really understand and I won't be picking it up.its a courier service that will be picking it up.please can you explain better to me

Since you paid a courier, they are supposed to have
The consent form signed by you for them to collect.
VFS E-ICR (In case of third party collection - printout of the e-mail and VFS EICR is mandatory ) ( eICR means electronic invoice cum receipt) issued by VFS after they acknowledge receipt of your passport
VFS stamped copy of passport data-page.
Government issued valid photo identity.

But the good thing is the courier companies have a close working relationship with VFS, so they know how to navigate the process, so just relax.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hope4Naja:

any guide on this

This is fine. I have seen different forms ircc are been addressed. All this ones don't count. Itz the content of the letter that matters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by colored(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
Canadababy:
As long as you write a very very good and convincing SOP as to why and how you decided to study the course.
Thanks. That wouldn't be a problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2023
Thanks so far to people who helped me when I need it. Please after the advice I got here from noble men, I decided to go for pgd or pgc instead of the BSC I intially intended. Please can someone help me with schools that I can apply for pgd or pgc that have higher entry chance for international students. I have HND civil Engineering. And I want to continue with it. Thanks as you help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pinkalicious: 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Okay
Thank you very much am very grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
Someone please help!!!!!!!!

I try to book for medical through IOM but the website showing I have already booked which is not true, because when I’m booking the website couldn’t complete the process.

I went to IOM office this morning to complain but they told me to write them through email which I have already did before visit their office and they ask for my ticket number of the message.

While Q-life doesn’t have any slot

Please what can I do? All their line is not going

(1) (2) (3) ... (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: Redcup(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.