Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1217306 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makolly(m): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2023
[quote author=zubizareta post=124479990]

Hello, please I need an advise if I can use my boss/company as my sponsor, and what are the documents or things required of me to provide for the application? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
[quote author=makolly post=124480991][/quote]

You sent a mail. I have responded. Yes you can use your boss though it will be a huge tasking proving why he should sponsor you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yk45: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
Please house, i want to submit my passport for stamping. I did my biometric in Lagos VFS. How can i go about it, also is Abuja VFS faster than Lagos. What would you advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 6:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
Bobomaigida:

VFS E-ICR (In case of third party collection - printout of the e-mail and VFS EICR is mandatory
VFS stamped copy of passport data-page.
Government issued valid photo identity.
In case of third party collection - Signed VFS consent form from all applicant/s, name and relationship to the applicant is
required. Signature must be as per the passport.

CC: VFS

The bolded is for people that submitted physically right?

Because those of us that sent through courier did not get this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makolly(m): 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2023
zubizareta:

You sent a mail. I have responded. Yes you can use your boss though it will be a huge tasking proving why he should sponsor you.

I appreciate your response boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
Jeje walk-in to Lagos VFS and submit your passport go with your PPR letter, and if you have the biometric slips given to you on your biometrics day carry an join and do 2 photo copy of your int passport data page.

To avoid Abuja wahala

Yk45:
Please house, i want to submit my passport for stamping. I did my biometric in Lagos VFS. How can i go about it, also is Abuja VFS faster than Lagos. What would you advise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
How is CAD to naira at black market rate today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2023
AskGod07:
Someone please help!!!!!!!!

I try to book for medical through IOM but the website showing I have already booked which is not true, because when I’m booking the website couldn’t complete the process.

I went to IOM office this morning to complain but they told me to write them through email which I have already did before visit their office and they ask for my ticket number of the message.

While Q-life doesn’t have any slot

Please what can I do? All their line is not going

Well, I have been in your shoes before. Exactly same thing. I had to go to their office and I was told same thing as well. Just send them the mail as instructed and be patient. They will respond to you with an available appointment date and how you are to make payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Twostep: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good evening guys, quick question. For a family of 3, (wife, husband and a 1year old) with wife as primary applicant and the rest as dependant.

Will 30M be CONVENIENTLY sufficient as proof of fund? 25 in wife’s and 5 in husbands accounts.

Note that first semester tuition of about 10k has already been paid excluding the available 30M and it’s a 1 year course.

Also note they have a duplex in Lagos they reside as home tie. Suggestions will be appreciated.. many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by StanOyiga72: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello guys, I've been following this thread and it has been super helpful to my application. I'm about to pay for my application but it didn't go through. I was asked to contact my bank. However, when I got back into the portal my application was looking odd. The column for action that has "continue application" or "delete application" was no longer there. Please what does this mean. I have attached a screenshot of my dashboard to explain better. Thanks in advance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
Twostep:
Good evening guys, quick question. For a family of 3, (wife, husband and a 1year old) with wife as primary applicant and the rest as dependant.

Will 30M be CONVENIENTLY sufficient as proof of fund? 25 in wife’s and 5 in husbands accounts.

Note that first semester tuition of about 10k has already been paid excluding the available 30M and it’s a 1 year course.

Also note they have a duplex in Lagos they reside as home tie. Suggestions will be appreciated.. many thanks

It will be very sufficient. They should work on their home and economic ties.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abohky: 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
Thank you all for all your guidance and information provided concerning this academic route.
Please my question is are we to upload all the supporting documents individually or they are to be uploaded in a single PDF file?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rands123456: 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
Booking medical online is actually pointless it won’t work . Follow this guideline on the form I attached to this message , even if you go to there office this is what they will still tell you to do . After you submit the required details and send it to there mail , you will get a ticket ID , you can then take the ticket ID to there office and just give those guys at the gate , you will get your date in 24 hours , I think even if you don’t take the ticket ID to them you will still get your date (not 100% sure )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rands123456: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
Rands123456:
Booking medical online is actually pointless it won’t work . Follow this guideline on the form I attached to this message , even if you go to there office this is what they will still tell you to do . After you submit the required details and send it to there mail , you will get a ticket ID , you can then take the ticket ID to there office and just give those guys at the gate , you will get your date in 24 hours , I think even if you don’t take the ticket ID to them you will still get your date (not 100% sure )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisifeanyi: 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Please do I have to state Mpower funding in my study permit application?
If I do, won't they ask of repayment plan which will suggests to the VO that I don't have intention of coming back? Can someone put me through because I learnt some people use Mpower as proof of fund. How do they do it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
aderettoye:

Sorry I had to quote your post to get this question posted.

I have someone putting through application for study.
Under the supporting documents for family member which is the spouse of the main applicant, it request for upload of "Purpose of Travel" document which is expected to be:
-Flight tickets departing Canada or
-Travel itinerary or
- Proof of medical appointment.....

Please which document goes in there for spouse attached to the main applicant for SOWP?
Thanks for anticipated response.
Nothing. I didn’t submit any document or separate sop as a spouse on SOWP nd it wasn’t a problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2023
[quote author=makolly post=124480991][/quote]
Yes u can. Get a sponsorship letter stating why the company is sponsoring u or why ur boss is, duly signed by a director nd secretary or boss nd secretary. Company’s good statement of acct, registration documents nd tax certificate. Then proofs u work in d company nd payslips plus make sure to state in d sponsorship letter that the company will only take care of ur tuition nd u will be responsible for ur feeding, accommodation nd all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hopez456(m): 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hi all. Somone sent this to me. Can those who traveled recently with Egypt air confirm this.

*UPDATE ON DENIAL OF ONE-WAY PASSENGERS ON EGYPT AIR*

Dear Affiliates
We have contacted our account officer with Egypt Air to confirm the veracity of the rumor of denial from flying for passengers with one-way tickets, we are informed that this is the new rule for passengers boarding the airline
We implore you to book return tickets for all students and other categories of visa holders from Nigeria flying Egypt Air until the situation gets better

Please remember that the IATA rate of exchange will increase to 803 Per dollar after midnight, this is not a time for lengthy price negotiation, please advise your customers accordingly

*FLY EGYPT AIRWAYS*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinaza93(f): 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
Bamz555:

Nothing. I didn’t submit any document or separate sop as a spouse on SOWP nd it wasn’t a problem

Good evening, pls does dat mean dat no letter is to b written by d dependent or spouse if Dey applies togeda
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IRCCboy: 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good evening guys,

Can someone respond to this?

I'm meant to fly Egyptair next weekend. I have a one-way ticket.

I hope I'm safe?

Hopez456:
Hi all. Somone sent this to me. Can those who traveled recently with Egypt air confirm this.

Dear Affiliates
We have contacted our account officer with Egypt Air to confirm the veracity of the rumor of denial from flying for passengers with one-way tickets, we are informed that this is the new rule for passengers boarding the airline
We implore you to book return tickets for all students and other categories of visa holders from Nigeria flying Egypt Air until the situation gets better

Please remember that the IATA rate of exchange will increase to 803 Per dollar after midnight, this is not a time for lengthy price negotiation, please advise your customers accordingly

*FLY EGYPT AIRWAYS*

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hopez456:

Dear Affiliates

*FLY EGYPT AIRWAYS*

Where did you get this from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 2:34am On Jul 18, 2023
faithee01:
Please kindly contact me if you are a female in need of a room mate in manitoba . Accommodation needed
I just dm u. I have someone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillary4003: 2:53am On Jul 18, 2023
Please guys whats the best way to pay tuition right now is black market better than form A? the black market rate i was given today is 1naira to $642 CAD this is a lot please anyone that has done form A recently what rate did the bank give you and how long did it take? thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Opjlee: 5:52am On Jul 18, 2023
Hello guys I did boimentry on the 10th of may and my agent said nothing is come up they sent in a message on week 5th saying that have I ever applied for United state visa he as responded to them and since that week 5 I have not heard anything and this is week 10th please advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dafuturis(m): 6:22am On Jul 18, 2023
Draybaba0103:
What I can deduce from the whole thing is just to come clean and be truthful in your SOP. Then don't forget the power of prayers.
They call my school to confirm if I've registered.

Bro congratulations on your PPR
Please I want to know how you knew your school was contacted
Secondly, is payment of the tuition deposit taken as registration? Because I've been asked to go do medicals and I've submitted an upfront medical. I need to be sure what exactly registration means because I haven't fully paid first semester school fees, in case my school is also contacted...

My school is Conestoga college

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by flavann: 7:19am On Jul 18, 2023
Opjlee:
Hello guys I did boimentry on the 10th of may and my agent said nothing is come up they sent in a message on week 5th saying that have I ever applied for United state visa he as responded to them and since that week 5 I have not heard anything and this is week 10th please advice

Have you ever applied for USA visa before? why are they asking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hopez456(m): 7:26am On Jul 18, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Where did you get this from?
From a group I belong to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sisib15: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2023
I hope you didn't get a Procedural fairness then
Opjlee:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leemahsofine: 8:34am On Jul 18, 2023
Apart from first tuition fee ,application fee ,medical fees what other fees amount to 20m ?

Pof can be raised. So ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ijefineawele: 8:51am On Jul 18, 2023
Erwinjstoff:
Hello guys, i paid for courier service from Abuja VFS and have been notified that my passport is been couriered from the canada visa Application Center via courier partner. I wasn’t issued the AWB code and tracking number since friday as they proposed or heard anything from them neither have they responded to my mail nor calls. Someone pls advise if you have been in similar situation….
how much did u pay vfs courier service
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vheekthur: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2023
Hello house, good morning. Please, gurus in the house, I need help.
I have a friend that is interested in studing in Canada. She has BSC, Post graduate and MSc in Accounting already. Considering the fact that Masters programs are usually expensive in Canada than Graduate Certificate (post graduate), is it advisable she use her BSc result and apply for a post graduate, or use her post graduate to apply for another post graduate or use her post graduate to apply for MSc?

2. Please what school do you think is best for her to apply.

NB, She will be travelling with 3 Children.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 8:57am On Jul 18, 2023
Hopez456:
From a group I belong to.
It is very misleading. I know someone traveling via Egyptair and he was forced to visit their office to find out. The information about booking a return ticket is false. The document he was asked to provide upon departure was the yellow fever card.

I believe this return ticket nonsense is the handwork of some flight agents to get bigger commission from their clients

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.