Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221484 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ibadan100(m): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2023
zubizareta:

Since you have paid your tuition. Why not do GIC and explain source of your funds in your sop. With this, your tuition and living expenses taken care of. Your challenge will be how you will put out your economic and home ties to be strong and convincing that you will return to Nigeria after your study
Please can you explain more on how to do GIC in Nigeria. I’m in the process but I don’t understand what Nigerian bank is the best option.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2023
Hello,

Please, for those who recently got visa approval, how exactly did you prove your funds? Did you submit a single commercial bank statement, or multiple statements or the e-statement? Also, did you write the equivalent of the Nigerian money in CAD or just left it in naira? Did you submit both Statement of Purpose and Letter of Explanation or just a single document? Lastly, how did you arrange the documents in the POF file; which came first?

Please, I’d appreciate a detailed response. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:46am On Jul 22, 2023
odogwu4real:
I have a visit visa to Canada already, issued this month. My brother invited me and presented his statement, international passport and employment letter for that purpose and visa was granted. But now he advised me to apply for school so I can put in for study permit to be able to remain in Canada. Initially, in my visit visa application I put that I will only be staying only 4weeks. Now that I am trying to switch from visit visa to study permit, I am worried if that will be an issue.

It will not be an issue. Check my previous posts. I also have visit visa that was approved April and I submitted my study permit application and it was also granted. Just do the right thing and your application will ne approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2023
Ibadan100:
Please can you explain more on how to do GIC in Nigeria. I’m in the process but I don’t understand what Nigerian bank is the best option.

Check this thread somewhere here, someone gave a detailed explanation on how to go about that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by odogwu4real: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2023
I feel relieved. Pls can you suggest an SOP writer who can help ? Thanks
zubizareta:

It will not be an issue. Check my previous posts. I also have visit visa that was approved April and I submitted my study permit application and it was also granted. Just do the right thing and your application will ne approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2023
odogwu4real:
I feel relieved. Pls can you suggest an SOP writer who can help ? Thanks

I can help you with that. Send a mail to me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yansky(m): 9:54am On Jul 22, 2023
zubizareta:

I can help you with that. Send a mail to me.

Can I send a PM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2023
yansky:

Can I send a PM?

Yes you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Spares: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2023
Good morning everyone.
Please I need help.I want to fill the Application form for study permit made outside Canada and it happens that after downloading the form I cannot be able to write anything on it.It was blocked,please what can I do? THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2023
Spares:
Good morning everyone.
Please I need help.I want to fill the Application form for study permit made outside Canada and it happens that after downloading the form I cannot be able to write anything on it.It was blocked,please what can I do? THANKS

Hi,

I suspect you are trying to fill it straight, download it first, then go to your downloads and open with adobe then fill and validate. Then you attach in the section where it is required.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2023
Chrisomila:
My family , please I need advice I have HND in Mechanical Engineering Upper Credit and I have 5m will it be enough to study in Canada?

Hi Chris,

5m will not be enough to study in Canada. The cost analysis will start with the cost of tuition for the course you want to study and the duration of the course. You then have to add the cost of living and flight tickets.
With your qualification, it will be best you look for courses offered by colleges in provinces that do not have high cost of living.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Spares: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2023
Thanks for the quick response.
I did what you said and yet the same thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adenikemonie: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2023
zubizareta:

pls did u explain why u haven’t traveled with visit visa nd how much is ur pof pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ultimaate: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2023
jaydave:

Congrats bro

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by canadamustgo24: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2023
Good morning.

Please is there any college with low initial deposit that is still acceptable application for January 2024?

I recently got admission, but the initial deposit is 8,500 cad, I couldn’t meet up because of the current exchange rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ultimaate: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2023
Please someone should help me on this because my source of fund is from the sale of landed properties and I was refused on 21 June but the money has been on the account for 3 months now

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pesuzok(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2023
zubizareta:

Tuition. 12k + 17k=29k
Living expenses 20k.
Miscellaneous 5k
Dependant 8k for 2 years

Total = 62k CAD about 40m.

Explain her occupation in the primary applicant sop.

HI, if you program is for two years, are you to calculate POF for the two years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pesuzok:

HI, if you program is for two years, are you to calculate POF for the two years?

Well, with what's happening now, it's advisable you do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pesuzok(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
zubizareta:

Better start targeting schools for January 2024 atleast except you have sufficient funds down for September. With a healthy acct

Is it possible to get admission and visa for September?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ultimaate:
Please someone should help me on this because my source of fund is from the sale of landed properties and I was refused on 21 June but the money has been on the account for 3 months now

You were denied for 2 reasons. For purpose of travel which is likely your program of study not properly showing link and career progression to what you are currently doing. This is where your SOP comes in

Also, what documents did you initially submit in your first application for the property sold. Can I see the first sop?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pesuzok:

Is it possible to get admission and visa for September?

You mean September 2023? That's almost impossible now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
Adenikemonie:
pls did u explain why u haven’t traveled with visit visa nd how much is ur pof pls

No I didn't. Both applications are independent of each other. I didn't even mention anything about my visit visa in my study visa sop.

Pof is dependent on your program tuition and the duration as well as ppl you are traveling with if any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by milkay(f): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
zubizareta:

Since you have paid your tuition. Why not do GIC and explain source of your funds in your sop. With this, your tuition and living expenses taken care of. Your challenge will be how you will put out your economic and home ties to be strong and convincing that you will return to Nigeria after your study

Thank you so much for your advice. This simplifies the whole thing. I never gave a thought to GIC because I had the impression that my money will be locked for a year. I’ll do as you have said. No need complicating my application with plenty explanations. Thank you once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ultimaate:
Hope you didn't state that source of funds is from sales of property!
Even if you did state that..the source of funds cannot be from the sales of landed properties..because what was the source of funds to acquire the property in first place..
You didn't provide source of income in the application .And providing at least 4 months Bank statements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2023
milkay:

Thank you so much for your advice. This simplifies the whole thing. I never gave a thought to GIC because I had the impression that my money will be locked for a year. I’ll do as you have said. No need complicating my application with plenty explanations. Thank you once again.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queencyco: 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
Quick question guys/ladies,
Please, I submitted an application and indicated that my children will accompany me. However, the biometrics letter and medical request sent were for me alone. They didn't send any for the kids. Is this normal or did I miss something in the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenn55: 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
odogwu4real:
I have a visit visa to Canada already, issued this month. My brother invited me and presented his statement, international passport and employment letter for that purpose and visa was granted. But now he advised me to apply for school so I can put in for study permit to be able to remain in Canada. Initially, in my visit visa application I put that I will only be staying only 4weeks. Now that I am trying to switch from visit visa to study permit, I am worried if that will be an issue.

You can use the visit visa to your advantage. Why not go to Canada, spend like 3 weeks and return to Nigeria if you can afford it. This will give the VO assurance of your ability to return home especially important since you have ties in Canada.
Having siblings in Canada is already a disadvantage. You need to prove twice as hard than someone without siblings in Canada that you will return at the end of your studies cos you already have an incentive to stay back.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenn55: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
zubizareta:

I thought GIC is for some selected countries and Nigeria is not among? Has things changed? Which bank is doing GIC for people in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by faithee01: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
Please did anyone here submit passport last week Monday and recieved mesg that the Passport has been sent to the Canadian Vac on Wednesday. ?? I haven't heard from them since....Wednesday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2023
If you are resuming Falls, Winnipeg nd u want to share an accommodation DM me I have someone who has an accommodation to share. Female pls
September move in
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kenn55:

I thought GIC is for some selected countries and Nigeria is not among? Has things changed? Which bank is doing GIC for people in Nigeria?

Nigerians have done GIC successfully from Nigeria here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chrisomila: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Hi Chris,

5m will not be enough to study in Canada. The cost analysis will start with the cost of tuition for the course you want to study and the duration of the course. You then have to add the cost of living and flight tickets.
With your qualification, it will be best you look for courses offered by colleges in provinces that do not have high cost of living.
Thank you very much bobo without flight ticket inclusive and proof of funds, will it sti be enough? Or like how much should i look.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.