Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1214526 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by space01: 3:11am On Aug 26, 2022
1306:
Please the news about IRCC extending the time for online courses from outside Nigeria to be eligible for PGWP, is it true? And how will it affect people who have not applied yet? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I am just praying it it good for me oh.

Please if you understand what this means please throw more light.

Transition period for distance learning measures
August 25, 2022—Ottawa—Through the pandemic, measures have been in place to allow international students to pursue their studies online from abroad while remaining eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). As the new school year approaches, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is creating a transition period for these measures. Following consultations with provinces, territories and education stakeholders, distance learning measures have been extended to August 31, 2023. But they are being reduced in scope.

As we transition back to pre-pandemic requirements, we encourage international students to come back to Canada. A transition period is available for those who may need some time to do so.

International students studying online from abroad or who submit a study permit application no later than August 31, 2022, will continue to be able to complete up to 100% of their program online without affecting their PGWP eligibility. However, study time completed from abroad starting on September 1, 2023, will be deducted from the length of their post-graduation work permit, regardless of when a student began their studies.

The extension of temporary distance learning measures will affect those starting programs from September 1, 2022, to August 31, 2023. Specifically, these measures will apply:

No more than 50% of the credits earned can be completed outside Canada to remain eligible for a PGWP.
Studies completed online from outside Canada starting on September 1, 2023, will be deducted from the length of a future PGWP.
With unprecedented interest in Canada from applicants all over the world, the department continues to set the bar higher for immigration processing. However, responding to humanitarian crises and updating aging technology to meet demands have led to processing delays and longer wait times. Our focus is on reducing existing backlogs, including for student permits. Nevertheless, despite prioritizing study permit applications for students looking to begin their studies in September, some international students may not have their application processed on time to begin their studies in person for the fall 2022 intake period.

At the height of the pandemic, measures were introduced to help mitigate the impact of travel and health restrictions on international students and Canada’s international education sector. These measures allowed international students to complete up to 100% of their program online from outside Canada without affecting their eligibility to a potential pathway to permanent residence. Prior to the pandemic, students were required to complete no more than 50% of their program online, and time spent studying online from outside Canada was deducted from the length of their PGWP.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pat978: 3:30am On Aug 26, 2022
Onyeara:

I will be going to St John Campus, New Brunswick, pls keep me posted if you need accomodations share

Hi I would be coming into Saint John next week and don’t even have accommodation yet, please is there any way you could help me get one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolupe1: 3:49am On Aug 26, 2022
Hermes119:

Congratulations sis
Please I would like to know the platform you used to pay your tuition

Form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godtemi: 4:02am On Aug 26, 2022
Good morning guys. I am just seeing this online. That a Nigerian need transit visa, flight return to Nigeria from Canada would pass through Munich Germany.

So has anyone passed through this route before to Canada without transit visa?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 5:25am On Aug 26, 2022
I saw this on my cic Portal.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background checkHelp - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Please gurus in the house- Does this means that works has commence on my application since June 25.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 5:27am On Aug 26, 2022
@Christojames.
Please remember me in your prayers oo.
Please and please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 6:01am On Aug 26, 2022
Good morning guys,

Please is it necessary to send email/webform concerning the expedition of my application?

I'm at the moment undergoing trainings for would-be Teaching Assistants. Resumption date is 7th of September, UOttawa. Medical passed but eligibility check yet to start.

To be candid, I submitted on the 13th of July.

Kindly let me know if it's necessary at this moment to send emails/webforms

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teebabe2806: 6:21am On Aug 26, 2022
Please what was the CBN rate?

tolupe1:

Form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 26, 2022
Larry1959:
tried joining this link but its not working
please how to i go about it ,i'm new here and interested in applying

Click on my moniker and send message to me, will then add you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 6:33am On Aug 26, 2022
Hi @charli5,
How did go about this? Did you send any email?
charli5:

@makano and other gurus
Applied to the university of Calgary (MSc). School resumes 29h August. Any magic can be done, where can I send mails to? Abeg which one be MP?
Upfront medicals-17th June
Applied-June 24th
Biometrics done-27th June
Biometrics updated-23rd July
Medicals updated-12th august
Eligibility and others not started yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 26, 2022
Larry1959:
PLEASE DO YOU HAVE ANY WHATSAPP GROUP THAT I CAN JOIN ,, I'M NEW HERE AND TRYING TO START AN APPLIATION, BOT I NEED TO BE GUIDED ,,PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ,,,,09067139435

Ask your questions here, you will get answers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 6:41am On Aug 26, 2022
Glory to God. This week was indeed full of showers of PPR.

It's our time and our turn.

7COLOURS:
Thank God this week has ended.

PPR scarce no be small

Next week will rain PPR and we shall all celebrate in Jesus name.

Congratulations in advance to us

Emi lo kan

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teebabe2806: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2022
Good morning my people o, I got this mail from Nairobi Office after sending them mails like twice, does it mean eligibility review has started on my page please? Or what does it mean? GURUs please help and any one who has answers please, it’ll be greatly appreciated �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 26, 2022
Virocrix:
Glory to God. This week was indeed full of showers of PPR.

It's our time and our turn.

Yes oooo

Glory be to God Almighty

Emi lo kan

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CornOak(m): 7:03am On Aug 26, 2022
Adeade98:

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Please gurus in the house- Does this means that works has commence on my application since June 25.

Your ELIGIBILITY REVIEW has started which is one of the final stages of your application review. Be hopeful that you get a decision soon.

A quick one, did you submit an upfront medical or got a medical request?

All the best and congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by charli5(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2022
Virocrix:
Hi @charli5,
How did go about this? Did you send any email?
I did send the mail….No encouraging response but eligibility started yesterday. However, my school made classes available via zoom for fall term only (September -December 2022). So no need deferring admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 7:23am On Aug 26, 2022
Since flights from Ghana to Canada is currently cheaper than it is in Nigeria, will the international passport of someone who travels to Ghana by road to board the Canada's flight be stamped at the boarder in Ghana?

I'm asking because this is the only way I believe the movement from Nigeria to Ghana by road can be legal. Because if it's not legal, it can create another issue in future visa application.

Two people were refused in my presence when I went for a visa interview at the US embassy in 2019 just because they said they had previously travelled by road to one or two African countries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chi1995: 7:26am On Aug 26, 2022
Good morning. Is there anyone still waiting for offer of admission from University of New Brunswick Fredericton campus for winter. I have since submitted my application and still haven’t gotten feedback from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 7:29am On Aug 26, 2022
CornOak:

Your ELIGIBILITY REVIEW has started which is one of the final stages of your application review. Be hopeful that you get a decision soon.

A quick one, did you submit an upfront medical or got a medical request?

All the best and congratulations in advance.

Thanks for the response and prayer.
Am grateful.

I have not done my medical.

I am just afraid of their decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 7:39am On Aug 26, 2022
bullstriker:
Reach out to @gigdraft
Thanks for the recommendation, Bullstriker, and I appreciate you for the good work you're doing here.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 7:49am On Aug 26, 2022
Larry1959:
PLEASE DO YOU HAVE ANY WHATSAPP GROUP THAT I CAN JOIN ,, I'M NEW HERE AND TRYING TO START AN APPLIATION, BOT I NEED TO BE GUIDED ,,PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYONE CAN HELP
Hi Larry,

The information you can access in any Whatsapp group will be inferior to what you could attain here on a platter - freely! If guidance is what you sincerely seek, then you shouldn't trivialize the power of this space.

Please remove your mobile number before it gets crawled.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 8:00am On Aug 26, 2022
Testimonies like this just reinstate my faith
Hafeez6948:
Timeline: (Forgive my Typo)
First time applicant
No Agent
School: University of Windsor
Course: Master’s in Civil Engineering
Upfront medical: Early February (Portal Required it) as per N.S.E  yinmu
Applied: March 3rd
Biometrics Captured : March 4th
Medical passed: March 8th
Biometrics Completed: April 6th
Eligibility started: April 29th
Correspondence Letter: August 24th
PPR: August 25th

LIST OF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

1.INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT DATA PAGE
2.PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
3.INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT VISA DATA PAGES ( Four years Russian Visa)
4.LETTERS OF ADMISSION (OLD AND DEFFERED )
5.UPFRONT MEDICAL REPORT
6.IELTS RESULT (very good)
7.NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CERTIFICATE (2019 -2020)
8.NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE REQUEST LETTER
9.BACHELORS DEGREE CERTIFICATE FROM RUSSIA (2015-2019)
10.EUROPEAN DIPLOMA SUPPLEMENT/ TRANSCRIPT
11.RECOMMENDATION LETTERS FROM LECTURALS
12.POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
13.NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN) SLIP
14.BIRTH CERTIFICATE
15.CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN
16.LETTER OF EXPLANATION
17.PICTURES OF MYSELF AND FAMILY
18.MY RESUME
19.EVALUATION OF MY BACHELOR DEGREE CERTIFICATE
20.ELECTRONIC INVITATION LETTER FROM RUSSIA 2015
21.MY FATHER’S WORK IDENTIFICATION CARD
22.MY FATHER’S INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT (OLD AND NEW)
23.MY MOTHER’S INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
24.MY MOTHER’S NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER SLIP
25.MY FATHER’S SAVINGS ACCOUNT BANK STATEMENT 40k CAD PLUS AND BANK REFERENCE LETTER
26.MY MOTHER’S SAVINGS ACCOUNT BANK STATEMENT 13K CAD AND BANK REFERENCE LETTER
27.MY FATHER’S SALARY ACCOUNT 10K CAD BAL
28.MY FATHER’S PENSION STATEMENT
29.MY FATHER’S LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
30.AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
31.TUTION FEE DEPOSIT OF 4000CAD

I would like to say thank you to everyone that has helped me on this platform in one way or the other especially to the gurus. May God grant you all your heart desires. It was a difficult 5 months, my faith and spirit was tested and i broke down so many times but i kept on hoping and today i have been set free. Its a Rebirth. I will always be part of this family,  this union. So this isn't goodbye. Its pay it forward time. Thank you Nairalanders. Muchas gracias.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by freedomtours(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2022
hello
@technix
@Gigdraft
@makan
Please I will need your help on writing SOP
I was given admission to the university of Saskatchewan in Arts & science-Bachelor of Arts (2022 fall term).
The input of the super gurus will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 8:33am On Aug 26, 2022
Oh, glory to God!
It will end in praises.
I pray that they send you PPR immediately.
charli5:

I did send the mail….No encouraging response but eligibility started yesterday. However, my school made classes available via zoom for fall term only (September -December 2022). So no need deferring admission

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hermes119: 8:56am On Aug 26, 2022
tolupe1:

Form A
Unfortunately I can't use that method, I'm going for a prenursing programme and they rejected my form A application for tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2022
Treasure134:

God will surely do it for all of us waiting

Amen! I haven’t stopped praying and hoping... He will do it soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:02am On Aug 26, 2022
Adeade98:

Eligibility has started but I can’t say when... was it today you noticed it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:02am On Aug 26, 2022
Adeade98:
@Christojames.
Please remember me in your prayers oo.
Please and please

I’m ready and willing to add anyone to my prayers... you can send in your name via mail

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:04am On Aug 26, 2022
The cycles are broken, What God cannot do does not exist #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 9:27am On Aug 26, 2022
freedomtours:
hello
@Gigdraft
Please I will need your help on writing SOP
I was given admission to the university of Saskatchewan in Arts & science-Bachelor of Arts (2022 fall term).
The input of the super gurus will be highly appreciated.
Hi Freedomtours,

Every detail required to reach me is on my profile.

Can't wait to eventually celebrate with you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 9:29am On Aug 26, 2022
We shall testify today
CharitoJames:
The cycles are broken, What God cannot do does not exist #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by golor(m): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2022
[quote author=Virocrix post=116068352]Good morning guys,

Please is it necessary to send email/webform concerning the expedition of my application?

I'm at the moment undergoing trainings for would-be Teaching Assistants. Resumption date is 7th of September, UOttawa. Medical passed but eligibility check yet to start.

To be candid, I submitted on the 13th of July.

Kindly let me know if it's necessary at this moment to send emails/webforms[/quote

I submitted 16th .. eligibility never start too

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.