Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220284 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hermes119: 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hello,please what's the name of the school you applied to for the pre nursing program?
Brandon University

How much is the yearly tuition fee?
Varies
The tuition itself is around $8,200Cad or so
The school fees is between $9,397 Cad to $10,200 cad

How long did it take for you to be admitted?
Since March
I am asking all these because I have been thinking hard on how to fulfill the prerequisites courses needed to enroll in accelerated BScN program,I will really appreciate your response. Thanks.
Alright
I will help anyway I can

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2022
Ocool:

For Abuja where I did mine, It has an appointment letter.

It's the number on it the letter the security guards at their gate used in checking our names before they allowed us to enter.
exactly
Same with me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2022
Wow, congratulations. Glory to God
Toceen2022:
Hi guys, sorry this is actually coming late. The unimaginable stress at MMIA and trying hard to find my feet here makes it difficult for me to come online and drop my landing gist on time.

LANDING GIST
LAGOS - FRANKFURT - VANCOUVER - VICTORIA
Airline - Lufthansa / Air Canada
Date - August 18th/19th 2022.
Time - 11pm.

I never expected the rigorous stress I went through at MMIA. Got to the airport early at 6:45pm for 11pm flight, and went straight to weigh my luggage. I knew beforehand that I have 31 and 33, and 7 for carry-on bag, which I believe I will upgrade to 32, as per Lufthansa said it's possible. But their scale showed 32, 35 & 8kg. That is equally fine, I had no problem upgrading. But the lady who attended to me was just too crazy and started saying rubbish... That my only option is to look for extra bag and make it 3 bags, not exceeding 23kg each and I'll pay for one extra luggage. I never knew another wahala is underway. I bought a bag reshuffle and I got 23, 25, and 18. Luckily another staff told me to make it 32kg (pay for upgrade), 23kg (normal weight) and 12kg (I never knew passangers are entitled to 2 free carry on bags 8kg and 15kg (this can also be checked in). So I later paid to upgrade for the 32kg.

Now, this is where the stress began. Going through documents verification, my QR/Barcode on vaccination card only showed the 2nd Jab and date, the 1st was blank, because of that I was told I won't be allowed to board. (I've been fully vaccinated since Sept last year, and I do checked online myself even few weeks ago I checked, everything was showing perfectly well). I was told to call the number on the card if they can quickly rectify it, or go to the health service kiosk in the airport if anything can be done. That was how the trouble started o. Nobody could helped out, I was there calling the primary health care number on my card, moving from one place to another for over 2-3 hours. Nothing was done. Stressed and exhausted, I gave up, went back to the Lufthansa stand believing I'll have to book for another day, I asked for refund even if it's 70% (at least it's not that I didn't show up at the airport, so I should be entitled for a refund). It was at this point my brother in Ontario sent a screenshot on NPHCD site showing I'm fully vaccinated. I quickly scanned my barcode, still same issue, but on their site, using the personal identification number, it's showing the my full vaccination details. At this point, I reassured myself that Nigeria is truly a failed country. How could NPHCD site show different information on a single identification number. With the stress I went through, I cursed the country. Up till this moment if I scanned the barcode, it only show 1 jab, but if check on the site with the identification number, it shows the 2 jab. I was literally the last person on board. But luckily my window seat was still reserved for me.

I couldn't sleep much from Lagos to Frankfurt because of serious headache. In fact, I didn't enjoy the flight at all because of the stress. But after taking water and snack, I felt better and relaxed. We got to Germany - Frankfurt in the morning, around 6:30 am and from that point till my final destination, no single stress for me. The airport is massive, in fact, na train I take to my next Gate Porte (B-22). Went through security check and seated at the Gate Porte with other passengers going to Vancouver. Connected to the free Wi-Fi and made series of video calls. Our flight was delayed for about 2 hours.

Frankfurt to Vancouver was 10+ hours, so I slept, listened to music, watched a movie (Fatherhood) and before I know it, we are ready to land in Vancouver. I went to the self declaration machine, scanned my passport, all information appeared and printed out a receipt. I actually knew my bags would be sent to my final destination but a security officer said it would be in Vancouver. I waited for almost an hour and went to Lufthansa kiosk, the lady checked my details and said it's already sent to Victoria Airport. I went to immigration, spent about 15 minutes and my study permit was out (they only asked for my passport and LOI).

I missed my flight from Vancouver - Victoria. So, I went to the Air Canada kiosk and the lady issued a new boarding pass immediately without kobo. The flight was a short one, around 25 min, so before we knew it we are already in Victoria. When to pick my bags and everything was intact. CBSA didn't check anything, so everything I carried got to my final destination. Went out of the airport, took a yellow taxi to my airbnb accommodation. I was charged $65. If you know anyone that can pick you up at the airport, it'll be nice and save you some money.

Presently, I've got my SIN, Sim card, School ID and Bus Pass (till April 2023), opened bank account, got a permanent accommodation, booked appointment for BCID (British Columbia Identity Card) and preparing for my knowledge test so as to get my driver's licence asap.

Sincerely, if not for the wahala I went through at MMIA, it would have been a 100% stress-free journey. I couldn't even say goodbye to my people, couldn't snap a single shot with my wife and daughter. That thing still dey vex me till this moment.

Things are truly working here, pedestrian owns the road, not drivers. They must wait for you to walk through. Beautiful locations. Deers, squirrels and animals moving around and crossing the road, they no fear say someone go hunt them down
You go see car open mouth, Tesla na like Toyota, you go see one nearly every corner.
Many electric cars and products I've never seen or hear before. Infact, it's really good to experience living in a working system.

I wish everyone hoping and waiting a successful outcome. And to those that'll be flying soon, safe travel. Anyone coming to Victoria can reach out and I'll see how I can be of help/assistance. Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Virocrix:
Wow, congratulations. Glory to God
Beautiful writeup I hope to land in vancouver soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by VeeWest: 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2022
favourdamsel:

Thanks Toceen for your landing gist. Wish you success and favour in Canada.
Please Toceen how did you book Lufthansa airline and how did you pay for your fare since the air fare is quoted in dollars not Naira?

Lufthansa gives an option to transfer the Naira equivalent to their Nigerian account. I booked mine on their site and transferred the amount quoted in Naira and their rate was about N444 per dollar
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sammyfrance23: 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2022
Congrats may Canada favor you
I love when landing gists comes with pictures e dey give me special joy ��
Toceen2022:
Hi guys, sorry this is actually coming late. The unimaginable stress at MMIA and trying hard to find my feet here makes it difficult for me to come online and drop my landing gist on time.

LANDING GIST
LAGOS - FRANKFURT - VANCOUVER - VICTORIA
Airline - Lufthansa / Air Canada
Date - August 18th/19th 2022.
Time - 11pm.

I never expected the rigorous stress I went through at MMIA. Got to the airport early at 6:45pm for 11pm flight, and went straight to weigh my luggage. I knew beforehand that I have 31 and 33, and 7 for carry-on bag, which I believe I will upgrade to 32, as per Lufthansa said it's possible. But their scale showed 32, 35 & 8kg. That is equally fine, I had no problem upgrading. But the lady who attended to me was just too crazy and started saying rubbish... That my only option is to look for extra bag and make it 3 bags, not exceeding 23kg each and I'll pay for one extra luggage. I never knew another wahala is underway. I bought a bag reshuffle and I got 23, 25, and 18. Luckily another staff told me to make it 32kg (pay for upgrade), 23kg (normal weight) and 12kg (I never knew passangers are entitled to 2 free carry on bags 8kg and 15kg (this can also be checked in). So I later paid to upgrade for the 32kg.

Now, this is where the stress began. Going through documents verification, my QR/Barcode on vaccination card only showed the 2nd Jab and date, the 1st was blank, because of that I was told I won't be allowed to board. (I've been fully vaccinated since Sept last year, and I do checked online myself even few weeks ago I checked, everything was showing perfectly well). I was told to call the number on the card if they can quickly rectify it, or go to the health service kiosk in the airport if anything can be done. That was how the trouble started o. Nobody could helped out, I was there calling the primary health care number on my card, moving from one place to another for over 2-3 hours. Nothing was done. Stressed and exhausted, I gave up, went back to the Lufthansa stand believing I'll have to book for another day, I asked for refund even if it's 70% (at least it's not that I didn't show up at the airport, so I should be entitled for a refund). It was at this point my brother in Ontario sent a screenshot on NPHCD site showing I'm fully vaccinated. I quickly scanned my barcode, still same issue, but on their site, using the personal identification number, it's showing the my full vaccination details. At this point, I reassured myself that Nigeria is truly a failed country. How could NPHCD site show different information on a single identification number. With the stress I went through, I cursed the country. Up till this moment if I scanned the barcode, it only show 1 jab, but if check on the site with the identification number, it shows the 2 jab. I was literally the last person on board. But luckily my window seat was still reserved for me.

I couldn't sleep much from Lagos to Frankfurt because of serious headache. In fact, I didn't enjoy the flight at all because of the stress. But after taking water and snack, I felt better and relaxed. We got to Germany - Frankfurt in the morning, around 6:30 am and from that point till my final destination, no single stress for me. The airport is massive, in fact, na train I take to my next Gate Porte (B-22). Went through security check and seated at the Gate Porte with other passengers going to Vancouver. Connected to the free Wi-Fi and made series of video calls. Our flight was delayed for about 2 hours.

Frankfurt to Vancouver was 10+ hours, so I slept, listened to music, watched a movie (Fatherhood) and before I know it, we are ready to land in Vancouver. I went to the self declaration machine, scanned my passport, all information appeared and printed out a receipt. I actually knew my bags would be sent to my final destination but a security officer said it would be in Vancouver. I waited for almost an hour and went to Lufthansa kiosk, the lady checked my details and said it's already sent to Victoria Airport. I went to immigration, spent about 15 minutes and my study permit was out (they only asked for my passport and LOI).

I missed my flight from Vancouver - Victoria. So, I went to the Air Canada kiosk and the lady issued a new boarding pass immediately without kobo. The flight was a short one, around 25 min, so before we knew it we are already in Victoria. When to pick my bags and everything was intact. CBSA didn't check anything, so everything I carried got to my final destination. Went out of the airport, took a yellow taxi to my airbnb accommodation. I was charged $65. If you know anyone that can pick you up at the airport, it'll be nice and save you some money.

Presently, I've got my SIN, Sim card, School ID and Bus Pass (till April 2023), opened bank account, got a permanent accommodation, booked appointment for BCID (British Columbia Identity Card) and preparing for my knowledge test so as to get my driver's licence asap.

Sincerely, if not for the wahala I went through at MMIA, it would have been a 100% stress-free journey. I couldn't even say goodbye to my people, couldn't snap a single shot with my wife and daughter. That thing still dey vex me till this moment.

Things are truly working here, pedestrian owns the road, not drivers. They must wait for you to walk through. Beautiful locations. Deers, squirrels and animals moving around and crossing the road, they no fear say someone go hunt them down
You go see car open mouth, Tesla na like Toyota, you go see one nearly every corner.
Many electric cars and products I've never seen or hear before. Infact, it's really good to experience living in a working system.

I wish everyone hoping and waiting a successful outcome. And to those that'll be flying soon, safe travel. Anyone coming to Victoria can reach out and I'll see how I can be of help/assistance. Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hello great friends,

Our glorious God just extended Favor to my family today. I received Teaching Assistantship offer from the University of Ottawa this evening.

I just raised a web form informing IRCC of the development, pleading with them to kindly expedite the processing of my application.

All glory to God.
We keep on giving thanks. God has answered our prayers. The wait is over guys. Be joyful please.
Cheers

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sinorte: 11:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
Could a recent traveller please help with the list of items, foods especially, that are allowed onto the flights and into Canada. I'll particularly like to know how these items were packed and presented.

Wakanow was telling me I'll require PCR test if I'd be flying on KLM. Is the same with other airlines? Which airlines don't require the test?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by charli5(m): 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
Blavkmaann:
I’ve been in Canada for 1 year, and have spent a total of $38k in tuition fee alone! (Already paid)

Still about 10k to graduate

My question is, is this Whole jakpa idea really worth the stress?

Let’s have a conversation on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeVEyYQlRfw

Please like, share and subscribe!

*The KHEYI SHOW*

It’s just a year you have spent now!!! Do you just want to go boom within one year? Are you going to be paying school fees for life…?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
Virocrix:
Hello great friends,

Our glorious God just extended Favor to my family today. I received Teaching Assistantship offer from the University of Ottawa this evening.

I just raised a web form informing IRCC of the development, pleading with them to kindly expedite the processing of my application.

All glory to God.
We keep on giving thanks. God has answered our prayers. The wait is over guys. Be joyful please.
Cheers
Congratulations!

Can't wait to also celebrate with you when your PPR finally drops!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
Check this page for the list posted by @CharitoJames
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/401#112079891

PCR test is not required if you are fully vaccinated unless they have a different policy.
sinorte:
Could a recent traveller please help with the list of items, foods especially, that are allowed onto the flights and into Canada. I'll particularly like to know how these items were packed and presented.

Wakanow was telling me I'll require PCR test if I'd be flying on KLM. Is the same with other airlines? Which airlines don't require the test?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sinorte: 12:15am On Aug 29, 2022
Thank you Bullstriker. That was quite handy. I'll welcome other ideas, especially the recent ones.

bullstriker:
Check this page for the list posted by @CharitoJames
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/401#112079891

PCR test is not required if you are fully vaccinated unless they have a different policy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 12:22am On Aug 29, 2022
Thank you
Gigdraft:
Congratulations!

Can't wait to also celebrate with you when your PPR finally drops!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shollyshine(m): 12:32am On Aug 29, 2022
johnstan:

For that you will need to check your school's website. Some schools offer courses that allow you transition to masters after your program with your earned credits, they call it pathway or so.
Alternatively, you could simply apply for masters after your program.
Alright thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Toceen2022: 2:06am On Aug 29, 2022
kennyjoy:

Welcome to the Beautiful British Columbia bro,
Enjoy Victoria BC

Don't be too rush to take the ICBC knowledge test, but prior to the preparation for the test on Icbc App, you can still use your Nigeria licence to drive even till the duration of study.

Thank you so much bro.
Yeah, I understand I can drive with my Naija licence, but there are some things I need to do and the licence won't be accepted for it. Also, insurance with Naija licence is high. I can save up to $100 or more monthly on insurance with BC licence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by favourdamsel: 2:47am On Aug 29, 2022
Thanks.
Toceen2022:

I booked through wakanow, they were the only one with fair price then, although I've booked since June 18.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 2:49am On Aug 29, 2022
Hi there,

You need to check the program’s page to see how many semesters make up an academic year. It’s mostly 3 semesters for regular programs.

Cheers
Nadingo:
Pls if a 2yr Masters Degree program has a tuition fee of 3000CAD per semester, how many times should I multiply the semester fee to get the total tuition for the entire length of the program? How many semesters are there in a year in Canadian Universities?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by favourdamsel: 2:51am On Aug 29, 2022
VeeWest:

Lufthansa gives an option to transfer the Naira equivalent to their Nigerian account. I booked mine on their site and transferred the amount quoted in Naira and their rate was about N444 per dollar
thanks Veewest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tempzi: 3:04am On Aug 29, 2022
sinorte:

Thank you

Don't mind those wakanow people, if you are fully vaccinated u don't need PCR test, they want to make money on your head. Tell them you have u asked KLM they said u don't need it, except u want to opt for another airline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 4:04am On Aug 29, 2022
Hermes119:

Brandon University

Varies

Since March

Alright

I will help anyway I can

The tuition fee is about 18000 CAD not 8200 CAD. I enrolled for the pre nursing program too at Brandon university, January intake, but the good news is you only pay for the courses you enrolled each semester that means you can complete your pre nursing program in 2 years (4 semesters) thereby split your school fee of about 18000 CAD into 4

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elegantus: 4:24am On Aug 29, 2022
cyrielo:
don’t use western union. Use flywire.

Please how does flywire work in Nigeria?
My sibling wants to pay her tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by koreanlord: 4:31am On Aug 29, 2022
@makano @frankrobnn @lekiboboe @bullstriker @gigdraft @justmellow @ketima @technix and all

My aim now is to apply for a college admission in canada while I also create a stance in the express entry pool..

Although, I might return to nigeria for biometrics after I get a college admission...

Do you think that having a masters degree already would affect the VO's decision on my visa application?

Do I have to declare on my application that I already have a masters degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 5:44am On Aug 29, 2022
Elegantus:

Please how does flywire work in Nigeria?
My sibling wants to pay her tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2022
We did our medical the same day same place.
Has your medical passed? My done pass I submitted 18th.
Annidenobeh:
yes it does

You'll book your appointment online and they'll send you a mail

Might not be called appointment letter though
I dunno what it's called but I did my upfront 11th of August iom Abuja and those are the two things needed

Well and face mask too I guess
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 7:11am On Aug 29, 2022
Pls what are the required documents?
harkintem:

The tuition fee is about 18000 CAD not 8200 CAD. I enrolled for the pre nursing program too at Brandon university, January intake, but the good news is you only pay for the courses you enrolled each semester that means you can complete your pre nursing program in 2 years (4 semesters) thereby split your school fee of about 18000 CAD into 4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 7:14am On Aug 29, 2022
Pls what are the required documents you submitted?

Secondly, which intake were you given admission for?
I checked there site now I saw next application is Oct 1.
I want to know if it's not for jan coz we cant meet up with that.
I want to apply for my cousin.
Hermes119:

Brandon University

Varies

Since March

Alright
I will help anyway I can

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2022
apeja2017:
We did our medical the same day same place.
Has your medical passed? My done pass I submitted 18th.

Did you get any mail from ircc when it was updated to passed or you just logged in to see the update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 7:38am On Aug 29, 2022
Is it normal diploma you applied for or advanced? I see that its software engineering.
My is advanced computer system technology-networking jan intake
hayoBams:
I can't really say if you're required to make the payment before deferment, But I already paid all my fees before applying for deferral.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think they will allow deferment without paying the full semester fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 7:42am On Aug 29, 2022
I did my biometric on 24 because I was not in Abuja when I submitted. After my biometric
almost immediately I got a mail then I checked I saw that both medical and biometric passed same day.
Isyma:

Did you get any mail from ircc when it was updated to passed or you just logged in to see the update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 7:47am On Aug 29, 2022
apeja2017:
I did my biometric on 24 because I was not in Abuja when I submitted. After my biometric
almost immediately I got a mail then I checked I saw that both medical and biometric passed same day.

Ooh ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hermes119: 7:50am On Aug 29, 2022
harkintem:

The figure I gave is for a semester not for a year, should have mentioned it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.