Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,736 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226696 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anifowoshehabee: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2022
@makano i just sent a mail to you and i hope i got a teply from you on time��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2022
zionite:
No, they don't. When 8 called Nairobi, they don't give updates over the phone. I was advised to keep sending emails.

Ok, thank you for sharing. That's unfortunate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:29am On Sep 14, 2022
The Lord has shown me mercy!!!
What God cannot do does not exist
#NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:30am On Sep 14, 2022
Pace6:

I disagree on the bolded statement.

But if you think otherwise, you’re right.

Lmao… hahahahahha… everyone is right

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2022
Blackmandreams:
stop typing nonsense.

No be small… he is talking about number on queue.. which queue? When people who applied 2 months ago are getting decisions and some of over 6 months have not gotten any so the queue is from the back. Lmao
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:57am On Sep 14, 2022
CharitoJames:

Lmao… hahahahahha… everyone is right

Yes o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tracy0803409: 11:11am On Sep 14, 2022
Please Family is Vfs global down?I am trying to log in but is not connecting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 11:31am On Sep 14, 2022
Congratulations in advance

hayoBams:
Good day everyone, may 14th applicant here smiley
It's been 4 months since I applied for my study permit.
And the last update I got was BVL yesterday sad.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2022
CharitoJames:

I don hear you… I am right, you are right, VO is right… if anybody says we are not right… the person is right too

Lol! �
Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 11:42am On Sep 14, 2022
On the Contrary, there's nothing WRONG in ordering your notes as from the 6th week because it will take AT LEAST 28days to be delivered making a total of 10weeks or more.Among other things it's a way applicant can track progress on their applications and make salient decisions.Its LAWFUL and does not in anyway jeopardize the outcome of the application.

Isyma:

Are you aware current official processing time for study permit is 12 weeks, 12 weeks is equal to 3 months.
How do you order notes when your job is in progress?
No go use your hand reject your own application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2022
If you understand what GCMS Notes means in general terms,I don't believe u will go ahead to argue further.While I agree with you that decision on applicant's a file is still ongoing, it further gives same applicant the opportunity to view concerns of the VOs SO FAR (IF ANY) and PROACTIVELY make amendments through supporting documents where and when necessary apart from KNOWING EXACTLY AT WHAT POINT THE CASE FILE IS CURRENTLY AT

I just hope you will understand.

Isyma:

Nobody will beat you, but how will they give you conclusion of what they've not concluded yet, and of cause they're still working on it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2022
beccadamilola:
Hi guys I have a troubling question. I got admission for January intake in Canada but I'm almost done completing my NYSC before I start visa process it will be rushed. My question is can I defer my admission to May Intake? because the course offers May intake. And can I defer my admission without paying the tuition deposit? Like do I hold the deposit until my admission is deferred or will I need to reapply for May intake? Please treat as urgent �� the deadline to pay tuition deposit is fast approaching and I want to be sure I can defer my admission before paying. Thank you

How it started and how it's going

UPDATE

Okay long post alert!!!!

Timeline......
I had help from a family friend with first application
First application submitted January 20 - Biometrics done Jan 30 and updated same day
Jan 30 background check started
Then the wait started until Feb 18 - application refused
Same day I applied for CIBC notes but got it on March 16 ( 2 days before I reapplied because I add already given up on the notes and decided to reapply)
Refusal reason - source of funds and the officer was not satisfied that the proposed study will be a reasonable expenses (lol all this VO sef)

Used an Agent for the second
Second application submitted - March 18 ( a month after refusal coincidence actually because network delayed payment since 15th around when naira was going crazy and banks misbehaving)
No biometrics since I had already done it
Then I waited for like forever omo.... When I saw that my application was about 3 days to 7 weeks I couldn't wait anymore so I sent webform to remind them that I haven't gotten a decision
I sent webform on 2nd of May and got automatic response
Medical Request - May 5
I had already submitted upfront medicals in March so I messaged IOM they didn't reply my emails for like 2 weeks omo I vexed and went to their office on 22nd to complain they replied my email same day with my updated e-medical sheet
I had already sent different emails to IRCC within the weeks I was contacting IOM I fraustrated IOM lol
May 22 I resent email and webform(I don't know which was faster) to IRCC with my updated e-medical
PPR - May 27 (Children's day gift lol)

Documents....
Applicant:
1st Application
Application form
All other necessary forms
Questionnaire
Admission letter/LOA (Centennial college)
Deposit receipt
Waec results
Bsc Certificate
Int'l Passport data page
Birth certificate
Nin slip
Statement of purpose - wrote it as a letter this time

Sponsor:
Int'l Passport data page
Visa pages
Landed property - about 3
CAC document - only submitted Certificate of incorporation
POF and statement of account about 27m

Second application:
Same document as first application
Reconstructed SOP - added sections so it's easier to read
Added resume - even though I'm not working but I'm taking an internship so I guess it's still relevant
Transcript
Nysc callup letter and PPA letter - because I haven't gotten my certificate yet
Biometrics validity - since I had already done biometrics before
Upfront medicals
Full CAC documents
Some receipts of sponsor's business
sponsor's business card
Pictures of landed property
No survey - there was no time to find it so we move
Paid part of first semester tuition and added the receipt to back deposit payment
Police character certificate - my agent insisted I do it but then later I saw in my CIBC notes that It passed before - I was pained sha

I think that's everything even though I used an Agent I already knew most of these things so I technically did it myself lol and I wrote my SOP myself took days even weeks lol but I tried to make it as explanatory as possible
I also deferred my program from May to January.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadaornothing(f): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2022
space01:

Member of parliament
What is Member of parliament?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Whitenaira2014: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
Hello Guru's,

Please i need an assistant. I am about to upload my updated LOA that was sent since Aug 17 when my previous LOA was about to expire by Aug 29 but I was waiting if Ircc will send my PPR before letting them know I have the updated LOA. I need a template on what should be the body of my email to Ircc.

Gurus in the house abeg make una help out.

Thanks
@Charitojames
@ Frankrobbn1
and other gurus. Urgent!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2022
Canadaornothing:
What is Member of parliament?

It means a legislator. Just like our senators and house of representative members in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2022
Please house how do i order for my notes??
I need assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2022
Sometimes I’d just be in my little corner and wonder what Ircc Nairobi is doing.
It’s well.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thefil: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
cheesy grin grin
CharitoJames:

I don hear you… I am right, you are right, VO is right… if anybody says we are not right… the person is right too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
Honestly...
Ppr has been so scarce
Letuspraytogod:
Sometimes I’d just be in my little corner and wonder what Ircc Nairobi is doing.
It’s well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olowoba2: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
TLE900:
Good day all. I need guidance on my visa processing to Canada. I got admission in a college in Canada. I'm to resume in January 2023. The delay was as a result of my transcript.I have accepted the offer. Looking closely at the processing time, I do not know if I can meet up. I need guidance please. Should I go ahead with the process? I need guidance please

You might meet up if you start NOW and submit within the next 1 week. Canada is currently dealing with a lot of backlogs as we speak particularly for Fall 2022.

But then, your application needs to be tight backed up with prayer or luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thefil: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
There will soon be rain of PPR. Mine and that of so many others will be among by the grace of God. Amen

lilangel20:
Honestly...
Ppr has been so scarce

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dame24: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2022
Hello,
A friend got ppr today, her seat for fall got cancelled and she applied for a January program(no decision yet)
Now she wants to apply for her husband and kids so that they can go together in January (meanwhile, her SOP stated that she’ll be going alone) but because there’s still time she’s considering applying for the whole family. Please what does she need to do to package the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drawer: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2022
Tgbengus151:
No, I don't think so. You will only be needing a transit visa if you have a layover in USA.

Thank you for the response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chemgeek6(m): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2022
Hi,
Please does a fully vaccinated person needs to present COVID-19 test result before he will be allowed to board flight to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vividlooks(f): 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
[quote author=beccadamilola post=116655534][/quote]

I'll suggest you reach out to the admissions office to discuss this. Let them know the current circumstances/reasons for a deferral...
If they do or don't require the deposit, it's their Decision to make..

All the best...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
Whitenaira2014:
Hello Guru's,

Please i need an assistant. I am about to upload my updated LOA that was sent since Aug 17 when my previous LOA was about to expire by Aug 29 but I was waiting if Ircc will send my PPR before letting them know I have the updated LOA. I need a template on what should be the body of my email to Ircc.

Gurus in the house abeg make una help out.

Thanks
@Charitojames
@ Frankrobbn1
and other gurus. Urgent!!

Did IRCC request for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vividlooks(f): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ojukwudfugitive:

Pls my experienced people, any reaction to this?

This is what's called "ghost updates "

Simply put, your file is being worked on..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Segzylonely: 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2022
Good Day people,

I need your advice!

IRCC just approved my wife application

Applied 27th April 2022
Upfront Medical 23rd March 2022
Medical Passed 11th May 2022
Biometrics Collection 4th August 2022
Correspondence Letter and PPR 14th September 2022

Her admission was withdrawn by NBCC and its for a 2 year program.

My questions are:
What are my options knowing fully well she isn't resuming
Can she enter Canada now

I will appreciate your response and suggestions

Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Khristopher: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
I just got a correspondence letter...what does that mean?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olashile147: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
Segzylonely:
Good Day people,

I need your advice!

IRCC just approved my wife application

Applied 27th April 2022
Upfront Medical 23rd March 2022
Medical Passed 11th May 2022
Biometrics Collection 4th August 2022
Correspondence Letter and PPR 14th September 2022

Her admission was withdrawn by NBCC and its for a 2 year program.

My questions are:
What are my options knowing fully well she isn't resuming
Can she enter Canada now

I will appreciate your response and suggestions

Regards

I’ll advise she message the admission department if her admission was just withdrawn to be reinstate if she make some deposit and yet to be refunded about the new development or probably reply for winter or summer intake at the same institute since her visa is valid for a year. But wait for more Insight from guru.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Damask: 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2022
Khalifah7459:
Who can help me on how to order my GCMS note
Make you help on it ��

For those who want to order for GCMS notes in naira, this is what I use:

http://www.thegcmsonline.com/

I used GTB Master card. Initially, it did not go through.

The site then gave a link to click " if having issue paying with my card". That does not mean other cards will not be accepted.

You can as well send them mail if you are having any challenge:

contact@thegcmsonline.com

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.