Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,780 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1275269 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bjd09: 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2022
vividlooks:
Good day people,

Anyone for Centennial winter2023?
Centennial 2023 though I defer my admission to Jan 23,you can reach me via my email bjdams@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thefil: 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
Wow! God is faithful.
Congratulations to all that got PPR today

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Laborah(f): 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2022
Congratulations to everyone who got PPR TODAY, Canada will favour u all
May 18 God I see what you are doing please do not pass me by

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benzdey4u: 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
It will end in praise
lilangel20:
Yes o...
It has been running for 2weeks now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by digits234: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2022
OK. Thanks.

Bobomaigida:

Congratulations, you can use your BVL in place of the slip.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
June 9th and it was the client information that was requested from me
yes i filled it o
submitted it via webform and to 4 Nairobi visa office emails

HopefulSuccess:

Congratulations!!!
When did you apply and did you later fill and submit the IMM 5257 form (optional document) via webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2022
odii:

Let's make the number perfect. It's the 7th PPR today.

What we waited for has come to pass, see what the Lord has done.

May 17 applicant

September 17 PPR

Thank you to all members of this household of love and faith.

When every other thing fails... Just Praise God and I trust He will come through for all of us.

Wow… Congratulations to number 7

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olashile147: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
Ayofe85:
Good Afternoon Great House

Please is Canada school accept NECO result for admission.

Thanks

Langara college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nitand2(f): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2022
Congratulations to you sis
Please I just noticed this client information and Form 5257 now on my portal and d date it should be provided in front of it is oct 6
Please how do you go about this please
lolathegenie:
June 9th and it was the client information that was requested from me
yes i filled it o
submitted it via webform and to 4 Nairobi visa office emails

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benzdey4u: 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2022
Congratulations to you and your family,
I did my upfront medical same day with your and it was also updated to pass same day as yours, I’m really happy for you ❤️❤️❤️
digits234:
I'm back with my timeline.. Me and my wife been dey jolly grin.

God did it for a 41 yo with 10 years study gap. I'm indeed grateful.

DLI = University Canada West
Course = MBA

Application submitted = 04 July (New Portal)
Biometrics = Same day (2018 visit visa rejection)
Upfront medicals = 16 June
Medicals passed = 08 Aug
Eligibility Started = 25 Aug (from CBSA note)
Bvl + PPR = 17 Sept

Docs submitted
SOP
LOA
POF - 7 months MBS
CAC documents
IELTS (A) - 7.5
School Cert + Transcript
Police clearance cert
Marriage cert
Birth Cert (For my kids)
Visa and Stamped Passport pages from previous travels
Property documents
Recommendation letters

I applied myself and joined this forum weeks after applying. Omo I come dey ask myself who send me when I begin see and know things.. I definitely should have come here before applying. However God came through for me and I'm indeed grateful to him and to all the Guru's in the house and also to other persons taking out time to enlighten us. I also thank those that fought and became lovers here.. una make us forget PPR mata for a while. The pressure no be here.

To all hopefuls especially my July guys, I pray God do it for you too.

Oya make I go check flight and begin draft my list.

One last thing. I did my biometrics then in 2018 in Lagos and I don't have the yellow form talked about here. What do I need in order to submit my Passport to Abuja?

@makano
@gidraft
@frankrobnn
@bullstriker
@justwise

Plus any other person with answers. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 11:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
Congratulations to all 7 newly blessed NL members with PPR goodness may the land of Canada favour you.

May the Lord bless your endeavors.

To all of us who are still hopeful.May the new week brings good tidings for us in Jesus name.

Emi ni ire kan

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
What did you study?
What do you want to study?
What academic level do oyou want to study?
Do you speak french? (It will take about 1 year of near full time practise to get from Level 0 to LEvel 4/5 CEFR h in french)
What were the reasons for rejection?
Do you have funds?
Do you have a sponsor? What is your relationship with/to the sponsor?

Answering questions like these will help to shape your process.

maridrug:
I respect everyone in house.
This is my 3rd denial for USA student visa.
Please I am interested in giving Canada a trial. 3.17/5.0 CGPA.
Can I be put through on the nitty-gritty?
My children must not go through this emotional trauma.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 11:44pm On Sep 17, 2022
1. If the admission was only just withdrawn, she may still be granted a study permit at the Port of Entry.

2. You may need to get an "emergency" admission. Places like HErzing College are good for that.

3. Don't try to be "oversmart". You will eventually have to justify your previous entry when you apply for a study permit extension, a work permit, even a PR.

I would suggest:
- contatcing the school confirming that your application has been approved and requesting a reinstatement of the admission
- trying to defer the admission to another date (even if it is a year later)
- trying to find out if there is something she can study that is in high demand, leads to a for sure CSQ, PNP or PR. May even need to reconsider location.

Good luck, reach out for more specific help.

Segzylonely:
Good Day people,

I need your advice!

IRCC just approved my wife application

Applied 27th April 2022
Upfront Medical 23rd March 2022
Medical Passed 11th May 2022
Biometrics Collection 4th August 2022
Correspondence Letter and PPR 14th September 2022

Her admission was withdrawn by NBCC and its for a 2 year program.

My questions are:
What are my options knowing fully well she isn't resuming
Can she enter Canada now

I will appreciate your response and suggestions

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
Eventually, you will have to defend that time frame.

Even if you defer, I strongly suggest doing a 6 month to 1 year program in the meantime. A program that is in high demand. Or even doing FT french language learning.

CharitoJames:

How sure are you about this? I have alot of people who deferred after they got into Canada…i think It’s between you and your school not IRCC… Let’s wait for others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 11:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
LOOL

Canada is the most straightforward country. It is difficult to play with them and not get caught.

1. You can't work that semester.
2. Your next applications (study permit extension, work permit, PR) will be heavily scrutinized.
3. If a non-insignificant number of Nigerians do what you do, ALL Nigerian applications will get even more scrutiny.

Thisuserwanjapa:
Good day everyone, please I need your advice.
When my application gets approved I'll be traveling by January and school is resuming by January 6th.
Is it possible for me to defer my admission to a later date like September 2023 after getting into Canada, for me to hustle for my tution fee before starting the semester.
I'd really appreciate if I can get any advice on this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2022
Congratulations!!!

I am happy because, having been there, I know what it means to do this by yourself.

The thinking, rethinking and overthinking of the documents added. The systematic way of justifying every statement in a letter with a proof doc.

I know you will go far in Canada.

Cheers.
Finish with BEST grades my man. That will serve you better in the medium term.

Femioye337:
It has finally ended in praise
Second time applicant

First application was 15th May 2021 and on the 10th of September them serve me breakfast which came with premium tears.

Second application
Submission- 13th December 2021

I ordered for my notes to know the main reason for my refusal in other to know how to tackle them appropriately.

The refusal reason was that dy don’t think the bank statement I presented wasn’t going to take care of my tuition and accommodation so I was refused

What I did was to get two sponsors. The first sponsor is my dads younger brother. I got an employment letter from him cus he owns a law firm. So basically it made sense to say he was going to sponsor me to acquire knowledge and help foster the growth of his business. Co-sponsor is my mothers younger brother who is a Canadian citizen. He wrote a letter stating he was ready to take care of my accommodation as my school is just 15 mins away from his place sha as well as my feeding.

Documents

I divided my documents into four different sections
1 client information section
2 acceptance section
3 international passport section
4 proof of funds

1 acceptance section
Unconditional admission offer
Waec certificate
Degree certificate
Academic transcript
Nysc certificate
Cv

2client information section
Statement of purpose
Family tree
Family pictures
Family birth certificate
Parents marriage certificate
Mums death certificate
Family stamped passport to Uk
Sponsors declaration of age
Pictures with sponsor
Birth certificate of co sponsor
Pictures with co-sponsor
Photography certificate
Project presentation
Project hustle
Paintball proposal
Letter of recommendation from mail matters
Appointment letter
Salary account
Payslip
Work Id
Pictures at work
Leave certificate
Police clearance certificate
Ielts
Affidavit of return
Fathers consent letter

3. International passport section
Data page of my passport
Previous stamped visa to uk

4. Proof of fund section
Letter of explanation
Tuition fee receipt
Sponsorship letter
Sponsors affidavit of financial support
Sponsors CAC documents
Sponsors bank Statements and all investment certificate
Sponsors international passport
Email conversation with cosponsor( uncle in Canada I plan on staying with)
Co sponsor supporting documents (support letter, employment verification utility bills properties... etc.......)

So I made my table of content clickable to make it easy for the VO

Like i said application took almost 9 months... on the 7th of June I was requested to send an updated LOA That same month emailed an MP. She was ready to help but the info she got back from ircc wasn’t really helpful has it was just basically a summary of my application.

Mehnn I really gained a lot of knowledge on this platform... thanks to all the gurus in the house..... God bless

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 11:55pm On Sep 17, 2022
What I found out is the IRCC will deduct the time you overworked. So if you did an 18 month course, instead of giving you an 18 month PGWP, they'll give you 6 months. grin

We should all work in a desired field. So that way, you get PR immediately.

bepositive11:
Since I've seen some comments here about working illegally, I just thought that I should share this.

Sometimes, IRCC won't inform the student that they know about a violation. They will wait until the student applies for PGWP before denying them and telling them that they know about the violation. I've seen cases where people got denied of a PGWP for working over 20 hours one time. Just be careful.

Some students resort to cash payments to not get caught, but if someone reports you, you're in trouble. Why take the risk?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 11:58pm On Sep 17, 2022
Not much you can do for now.

Request GCMS notes.

Use this opportunity to review the documents you submitted. If you need to add anything, do so. Be careful and thorough but do not contradict previous statements...only clarify.

An expensive option is to get someone to go over your application as well. The trick is finding someone who won't charge an arm and a leg...and who knows what they are doing.

zacolas:
Dear All,

I am new on the platform, I submitted my first study permit application on April 30th 2022 and got a refusal on June 10th 2022 which was based on insufficient assets and finance and it has been addressed in my second application which i submitted on June 24th 2022.

Meanwhile, I had my biometric on May 13th 2022 as well as upfront medical on June 27th 2022 and was updated to pass on the August 6th 2022 since then no update on my IRCC portal account but on September 11th 2022 at around 6:00 PM while checking my IRCC portal account I noticed that my name and my 3 accompanying children were not displayed in the applicant's name section and this lasted for than 7 hours before it displayed again, within this time, I kept on checking my account every 30 minutes. The second thing I noticed was that my son's profile was third on the list was first on the list while my daughter's profile which happened to be the first on the list came third and after these long hours passed, our profiles were back to how they were before and update in our application status.

below are our application details still changes despite that my school had resumed on September 6th 2022.
Please I need the gurus in the house to assist with their experience.

Review of eligibility
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results
August 6, 2022 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 12:00am On Sep 18, 2022
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Use the webform

sambless2013:
PLEASE ooo I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT LETTER FROM MY SCHOOL TO IRCC, HOW DO I NOTIFY THEM AND SEND THE PDF LETTER TO THEM.....

HELP ME O
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 12:01am On Sep 18, 2022
Is Work PErmit a better option for you? OR even PR direct?

Virocrix:
To the glory of God,

I just got a refusal letter from IRCC.

Applied on July 13th
Bvl July 18th
Medical passed on August 15th
Refusal September 15th

Reasons:

Normal general refusal statement. Not convinced that I would leave Canada after my studies and also insufficient financial reasons.

It's well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 12:02am On Sep 18, 2022
I know someone that they refused after 3 days.

Basically saying they don't think they plan on doing what they said they would do.

CharitoJames:

I’m so sorry… BVL 5 days after application? Did they even look at your application or you mean you applied June ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 12:04am On Sep 18, 2022
My sister went to UOttawa. I almost went to UOttawa.

I think it is a great location. Maybe things have changed.

I would advise you, your husband or/and your daughter to use the opportunity to learn french.

Wishing you success!!

Teeedeee:

My Testimony is full, the Lord has settled me and my family.

Family application for three: Study Permit for me, Open Work Permit for my husband and Vistors Visa for my daughter.

Here is our Timeline:

Upfront Medicals 24th March, 2022.
Application submitted 29th May, 2022.
Biometrics completed and updated 2nd June, 2022.
Medicals passed for my husband and I 3rd June, 2022.
Eligibility started for me 3rd June, 2022.
Medicals passed for my daughter 27th July, 2022.
Ordered GCMS notes 19th July, 2022.
Recieved GCMS notes 23rd August, 2022.
Eligibility for my husband and daughter started on the 25th of August, 2022.

PPR for my daughter - 6/9/2022.
BVL for me - 6/9/2022.
PPR for me - 10/9/2022.
BVL and PPR for my husband -12/9/2022

In total we had seven (7) ghost updates.

After about a month of submitting our application, I realized that I uploaded IMM1294 in place of IMM5645. I printed the form and sent it as an email and webform. I later saw this information in my GCMS notes.

To everyone waiting for PPR, keep up the faith. Your PPR will come and Canada will favour us all.

University of Ottawa is my destination. Is there any group for uOttawa students?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 12:09am On Sep 18, 2022
Lufthansa didn't board my sister in 2018 because of transit visa.

Also add Royal Air Maroc.

Solidprof:
Pls, just to confirm again that booking any of these listed Airlines below to CANADA do not require one getting a TRANSIT VISA...

Lufthansa / Air Canada
KLM
Ethiopian Airline
Air France
Qatar
Egypt Air
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 12:15am On Sep 18, 2022
There is a thriving Nigerian community at MUN.

I hope you study well (there is a party culture in a way) and score good grades.

It is possible to fund the remainder of your studies there. If you don't need to, might be better off focusing on campus life.

If you need more info on NL, holla.

Dsam4life:
Good Afternoon All,
I’ve been a silent reader for the past two and half months.
Join me to Thank God, I got my PPR this Afternoon.

MY BREAKDOWN
Application Submission = 29th June 2022
Biometric at Vfs = 2nd June 2022
Upfront medicals = 15th June 2022

No update until this morning 17th September 2022.
Both BVL and PPR came.

I applied through an agent so I didn’t have access to my account to know when eligibility started or when anything was passed.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
1. All IRCC mandatory documents I.e IMM
2. 2 MBS and one printed bank statement from my parents
3. Admission letter to MUN
4. IELTS 7.5 Academic
5. Cover Letter less than a page from sponsor(they just signed, no notary)
6. WAEC Certificate
7. University Certificate and Transcript
8. Professional certification from Coursera
9. LOI, just a page
10. Police Certificate
11. US travel history 2ce
12. School fees receipt CAD7,500

This is all I can remember now but I know I did not submit any house property at all, nothing was notarized. No avidavit. No gift deed. I used both parents as sponsors so I only used their bank statement and not mine.

I pray that for those who are waiting, they get their own ver soon too. Amen.
I already differed my admission to January so I’ll just be here till then.

Btw my friend who applied on July 8th and did his biometric in about a week from that and also did his upfront medicals same week also got this morning with me, same timeframe.

Please how do I submit my passport to Vfs for stamping thanks? I did my biometrics at Lagos Vfs office.

Thank you once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 12:18am On Sep 18, 2022
Lol.

A native Canadian can be bad too.

Now that I'm PR, I may sue a native Canadian lawyer.

bepositive11:
Is the lawyer a native Canadian? This thing shock me. How can someone be so wicked?

Some of these immigration lawyers think that international students are stacked with cash because of the amount we spend on fees. They don't realize that some students are spending their whole life savings to fund their studies.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:58am On Sep 18, 2022
tmtech:
Morning guys , pls my guy needs help.

I introduced this page to my friend when he started his Canada student visa application. Unfortunately, he was denied on his first attempt , so someone introduce an agent/immigration lawyer (in Canada) to him. He paid close to 500k for the first application which was still Denied. The agent reapplied for him and this time , it came through. The agent is now demanding additional 730k to release his details to him and it is 1week already , he has 3 weeks to submit his passport.I tried to chat with the agent to pacify and bargain the money to a more reasonable amount, the agent blocked me .

Please is there anyway to retrieve his details or atleast get the agent to come to terms with him.

@sapte in noticed you had some issue with your agent at some point. Pls help.

Gurus in the house , kindly help.

Don’t stress yourself, if this is truly what has transpired and there’s evidence, approach the law society via email or telephone call and report the matter , they will handle the matter properly.
Every province in Canada has a law society and the province the lawyer practices in is the province he is admitted to the bar in. E.g for Ontario it’s the law society of Ontario LSO

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Heavenbest: 1:41am On Sep 18, 2022
Hi Makano,

I'm new on here and am happy to see the good work you are doing for people. I hope you won't mind if I disturb you for advice. Please I applied for Canada study visa on the 24th May
Biometric on the 2nd June which was confirmed that very day.

Ever since then I have not heard any thing from IRCC. I am getting worried.

I would love to have a conversation, you can reach me via adeyinkaakeni@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you
Thank you

makano:
All thanks to God and Congratulations to you FaithCanny, so happy for your Visa approval.

And thank you for trusting in my Canada Immigration expertise by giving me the privilege to handle your application, you were humble enough to take to every instruction given to you all through your application, it was nice working with you. I am sure the next assignment now is for your family to join you to Canada, the same God that has used me for your study permit Visa will do it again for your family application..

Canada cant wait for your shine and Manifestation....

It has finally ended in praise..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:05am On Sep 18, 2022
Damn that's scary. With a 6 month PGWP, it's really hard to get PR right? An 18 month course is meant to give you a 3 year PGWP.

You can't even include the hours you worked as a student when applying for PR. And the CEC pathway requires at least 1 year of Canadian work experience.

How do people who get 6 month PGWP get PR? Is it even possible?

cooooooks:
What I found out is the IRCC will deduct the time you overworked. So if you did an 18 month course, instead of giving you an 18 month PGWP, they'll give you 6 months. grin

We should all work in a desired field. So that way, you get PR immediately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.