Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,914 members, 7,838,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1251171 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2022
Predator188:

To the bolded I thought so but the Visa officer don't send PPR to the applicants but processing office any further delay in issuing ppr after approval by VO the processing office is responsible..including refusal Notice..

Please share the link to that web page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
bepositive11:

Some schools recommend websites on their accommodation web page. Try checking your school's website.

Thanks.

I'm going to Niagara College, NOTL campus. The school only listed places4students.com, which is not very helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Horlar4th(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hello House
Please when arranging documents on Microsoft word to make a file or folder for your portal upload on IRCC. Can we put more than one document on a single page, or single document per page, so as to meet up the 4mb size?
Because arranging this documents is issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaInJesusna: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
I also applied 2nd of September. Eligibility Review started on the 8th of September.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
CanadaInJesusna:
I also applied 2nd of September. Eligibility Review started on the 8th of September.

That was fast, wish you success.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
Horlar4th:
Hello House
Please when arranging documents on Microsoft word to make a file or folder for your portal upload on IRCC. Can we put more than one document on a single page, or single document per page, so as to meet up the 4mb size?
Because arranging this documents is issue.

The advise is to use compressing tools to resize the documents, especially the bulky ones, preferably in PDF format. You can google document size reduction to see the tools you can use
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaInJesusna: 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2022
Amen. Actually applied from the US
Bobomaigida:

That was fast, wish you success.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
I'm telling you what an IRCC officer said.

PGWP is not dependent on passport expiry date. Just as study permit isn't dependent on passport expiry date.

Jeff5gold:

The only reason a person can be given that PGWP that short depends on the expiring date of your passport, and after renewing your passport, you can apply for extension.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
The proof of funds should cover tuition for one year plus $10,000 for living/accomodation/food.

So if, after scholarships (and this should be clearly stated in letters or emails from the school), your tuition is $4,000; then you need $14,000 proof minimum.

There is (virtually) no way that you'll get approval before October, maybe not even before January. Especially since you've not started the application yet.

I would advise you to defer to next May or September.

Proof of funds needs to be 4 - 6 months. So if you apply now, you need to show proof from May minimum. If you start to build the SOA now, it will "mature" by January.

I'll finally add that some officers want to see proof of funds for the entire education, not just the first year.

Uchenation:
Good morning gurus in the house. Please I need help and assistance. I have admission to ITD Canada and my intake is to begin October 03. I did an upfront medical on the 25th of August and collected the results on the September 08. I have created my IRCC account and prepping for filling, uploading and submitting.
Initially I was told I needed a bank statement of N6- N8 Million for visa application only for me to hear from the Director that I’ll be needing 13-15 million Naira. I told my aunty who introduced me to the man and she said that’s way too much for a single student, she said she will talk with the man to find out why the change in figures and was made to understand that it is due to inflation and stuffs. Talked with the man if with N10 million i can apply for study permit with it and he said it’s okay.
My questions please are;

1.Can anyone help me with POF or know companies for offer them and at what %tages. Considering one needs a SOA for approximately 4-6 months if I apply with 4 months will It be OK?
2. How much do I need as SOA to apply for study permit my LOA shows my fees is $12000 though I understood it’s a scholarship program where I’m paying $4000.
3. What are the documents I’ll need to submit while filing the form.
4. What happens to my school which is to begin 03 October whose admission letter will be expire on 14 October? Should I defer to January 2023 considering the fact that it can take 1-3 months to get a response from IRCC? Will I need to pay additional application fee if that’s the case?
5. Will I be considered if I get submit a statement with 10 million?

Any form of advice, help or assistance will be greatly appreciated thank you ��

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
I just login and checked my documents submitted right now.
Everything has been submitted until I reached “optional documents”

It’s asking for (Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada IMM 5257) even tho Study permit application was provided.

Deadline to be submitted October 8.

Is this VERY necessary to upload and if yes, how do I go about it right now? Please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
just login and checked my documents submitted right now.

It’s asking for (Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada IMM 5257) even tho Study permit application was provided.

Is this VERY necessary to upload and if yes, how do I go about it right now? Please.

lolathegenie:
Hello guys I've come back to post my timeline

2nd time applicant by the way
Applied June 9th
When I applied my previous medical was still valid so I had to wait for it to expire before doing another one
Submitted upfront medical - July 12th
Medical passed - August 3rd
At this point, I was already hoping PPR would come before my birthday which is August 16th but IRCC had other plans for me it seems�
Waited and waited, Started sending webforms immediately application reached 12 weeks
Then eligibility review started 1st of September yay!
After that, I kept logging in every day until last week I just decided to check my submitted documents and noticed that the client information section had a deadline of 3rd of October. I quickly drafted a letter of explanation with the help of my uncle and my parents �
and I submitted it via webforms and to 4 Nairobi visa office email addresses.
The status of the client information is still showing 'Not provided'
Finally yesterday, PPR while I was in online class.

Documents submitted
1. IMM1294
2. birth certificate
3. passport
4. letter of acceptance & confirmation of enrolment
5. mybankstatement & scholarship letter
6. digital photo
7. IMM5645
8. IMM5257
9. Proof of upfront medical exam

That's pretty much it!
For any June/July applicants don't worry too much you're next!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeff5gold: 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
cooooooks:
I'm telling you what an IRCC officer said.

PGWP is not dependent on passport expiry date. Just as study permit isn't dependent on passport expiry date.

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm see……
For example
If you graduated in 2021 (2 years course)
You will be given a 3 years PGWP
But if your passport expires in 2023, your PGWP will not exceed the expiring date of your passport. And you will definitely be allowed to apply for extension of PGWP when you finally renew your passport

Even for a student visa
If you apply for a 4 years program and your passport is valid for 3 years , you will not be given a 4 years study permit.

Maybe you didn’t understand what the IRCC officer was trying to point out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kolajero: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
CanadaInJesusna:
Super fast! Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oghenetegababe(f): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
Good evening house, please I want to ask some questions. So am 30 yrs old lady, single no kids yet. Also I graduated 2014 from unilag. In 2020 I started a physical shop small fashion store business in abuja, it is fully registered (sole propertorship) and am the one running it daily. I also have business current account for the business with gtb. Now I want to do a PGD in business management related course come 2023.

I have budgeted 11m for this journey. Source of funds from my business account and deed of gift from my eldest sister. So my question is can I show my proof of fund through my personal savings account in which my Co sponsor(bigsister) will transfer the deed of gift cash into and the business account ? Cos I want to use self employed as current occupation by submitted my CAC and tax payment documents, complementary card, business invoices and business space rental receipts to show that it is legit. Does my reasonimg make sense.. Really want to further my education. Please gurus in the house check em for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
I just login and checked my documents submitted right now.

It is extremely necessary… you must submit it because you are applying for a temporary residency so you need to fill it. Fill the form and upload in the space created there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
Okay I’ll do that but calm, If it was “extremely” necessary, it wouldn’t be in the optional tab tho. Would it?

CharitoJames:

It is extremely necessary… you must submit it because you are applying for a temporary residency so you need to fill it. Fill the form and upload in the space created there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
Someone said It's not necessary, as it's the same details as imm1294.
I just tire.

CharitoJames:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
Is that a gamble you wanna play?

Letuspraytogod:
Okay I’ll do that but calm, If it was “extremely” necessary, it wouldn’t be in the optional tab tho. Would it?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilovemom: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hello good day everyone , please I want to know if it’s okay for my uncle that sponsored my brother to CA last year can also sponsor me .. Hope IRCC won’t see it as an issue please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2022
cooooooks:
The proof of funds should cover tuition for one year plus $10,000 for living/accomodation/food.

So if, after scholarships (and this should be clearly stated in letters or emails from the school), your tuition is $4,000; then you need $14,000 proof minimum.

There is (virtually) no way that you'll get approval before October, maybe not even before January. Especially since you've not started the application yet.

I would advise you to defer to next May or September.

Proof of funds needs to be 4 - 6 months. So if you apply now, you need to show proof from May minimum. If you start to build the SOA now, it will "mature" by January.

I'll finally add that some officers want to see proof of funds for the entire education, not just the first year.

GOD Bless you @cooooooks for your response. It’s stated on my LOA and thicker that I’m under scholarship specifically for $8,150.
Start date: October 03, 2022
Completion date: September 30, 2024
Please permit me ask further questions;
1. Do you or anyone in the house know companies which offer POF services? and what interest rate they offer please (my main challenge rn) A friend said there are companies too who can look for similar names as one’s name and use for SOA at far more affordable rate. Is this option advisable?
2. Is it possible I submit my application while building the SOA?
3. Deferring to January or May intake will I need to pay application fee again?
4. Someone is advising I use my personal statement of account (which is no way close to min N10 Million) and apply for study permit, if I do this will be I be denied?
My LOA is below for clarity of what I’m trying to explain about the scholarship if I’m even making sense. Thank you so much for your help GOD bless.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2022
it's not the same thing as IMM1924 o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 8:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
It's very necessary oh
Provided you're not from a visa-exempt country (which Nigeria definitely isn't) you must apply for a TRV
TRV is what they give when they stamp your passport, it is what grants you entry into Canada while the study permit lets you Study in Canada.
Please fill it as soon as possible

Letuspraytogod:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 9:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
The image you attached is unclear and illegible. I replied to your email, send the file (redacted) to me there if you so desire.

I have somewhat bad news. Per the attached image, you will not be eligible for Post Graduate Work Permit after you finish from this school.

Confirm by searching: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Now, perhaps you knew this, but most people do not.

EDIT: https://www.itdcanada.ca/admission-requirements/

Their website says you will likely need to apply for a work permit as they do co-ops. This could solve the PGWP problem. I suggest you clarify with the school.

EDIT 2: I forgot to answer your other questions:
- I have heard of POF companies, but do not know any personally.
- SOA is an integral part of the study permit application.
- This depends on the school's deferment policy. Peruse their website first, then email them with your case and questions.
- If your personal account has $15,000 +, I suggest that you use it. Break down the costs you will be expected to pay: Accommodation, food, transport, etc. Find a way to justify how you can cover all those expenses. Or how you have a guaranteed savings. E.g: you'll be staying with a friend close to the school. He has allowed you to only pay him $250 a month (or nothing); therefore, they should subtract accommodation concerns from your POF/SOA consideration.

Uchenation:

GOD Bless you @cooooooks for your response. It’s stated on my LOA and thicker that I’m under scholarship specifically for $8,150.
Start date: October 03, 2022
Completion date: September 30, 2024
Please permit me ask further questions;
1. Do you or anyone in the house know companies which offer POF services? and what interest rate they offer please (my main challenge rn) A friend said there are companies too who can look for similar names as one’s name and use for SOA at far more affordable rate. Is this option advisable?
2. Is it possible I submit my application while building the SOA?
3. Deferring to January or May intake will I need to pay application fee again?
4. Someone is advising I use my personal statement of account (which is no way close to min N10 Million) and apply for study permit, if I do this will be I be denied?
My LOA is below for clarity of what I’m trying to explain about the scholarship if I’m even making sense. Thank you so much for your help GOD bless.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
Personally, and with people I have applied for, most of the time, the study permits, and extensions, have exceeded the passport validity.

However, in a case this summer, someone's study permit extension was capped at the passport expiry. I remember being surprised, as this was not usually the case. So, I get what you are saying. I searched for, but could not find any change in official policy. My guess was this was a personal decision by the officer on this particular case (this case was unique and the extension could have even been denied).

E.g: a study permit was extended until Dec 2021 in 2020. Even though the passport was to expire Nov 2021.

Jeff5gold:

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm see……
For example
If you graduated in 2021 (2 years course)
You will be given a 3 years PGWP
But if your passport expires in 2023, your PGWP will not exceed the expiring date of your passport. And you will definitely be allowed to apply for extension of PGWP when you finally renew your passport

Even for a student visa
If you apply for a 4 years program and your passport is valid for 3 years , you will not be given a 4 years study permit.

Maybe you didn’t understand what the IRCC officer was trying to point out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adepeju1911: 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please I need help...I am filling out Form A

Under Payment mode what should I pick from the drop list? Electronic transfer?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edc1: 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
Letuspraytogod:

Are you using old portal or which portal
No such documents is requested for on the new portal. On the new portal you only complete one long form upload documents by merging them and make payment and on the new portal you apply for study permit and once approved Trv will also be issued when passport is requested but study permit stamped on arrival! I don’t know about old portal . Though applications on new portal seems very slow from nigeria because I applied for someone since aug 9th and no update since then after biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
You asked how necessary the form is and someone responded and stressed how necessary it is, all you could say is "...calm... "
And you questioned the contribution. If you have answers already, why ask the question abinitio.
Letuspraytogod:

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2022
amila20042001:
You asked how necessary the form is and someone responded and stressed how necessary it is, all you could say is "...calm... "
And you questioned the contribution. If you have answers already, why ask the question abinitio.
I agree with you. A user asked for information, she responded to user from an angle of urgency, the same “question asker” is trying to push her to the kerb. Wahala dey this thread. This is why people will keep the jumping and passing questions. Most questions asked here have their answers on the internet but they won't search and someone still takes time to answer the questions and you get such a response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hephzibah247: 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nairalandboss:
You would have made a sensible point if you had not added the bolded. That woman mentioned she is a PhD student 2 times before I made that statement. So, I am not the right person to quote. There are people that got more than 3. And of course, I am better off except she has 4 publications, conferences - national and international publications and recommendations before she applied. I don't believe in luck. I worked for where I am today so I might actually be better off. And that does not mean I am one of the top 10 in my set. Meaning there are a lot of people better than me. So next time, just let a solved matter remain solved. Don't wake up a solved matter claiming you could not overlook it. It is childlike!

And Canada is so so sweet guys, especially when you are on scholarship. So guys, COME TO CANADA....... Nothing about this again please

Hi Ketima, please are you a student of the Univ of Saskatchewan? I need your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2022
Honestly it's disheartening.
This is one of the reasons why I have decided to stay on low key here and be hopeful on ppr
Debbieeeeeee:

I agree with you. A user asked for information, she responded to user from an angle of urgency, the same “question asker” is trying to push her to the kerb. Wahala dey this thread. This is why people will keep the jumping and passing questions. Most questions asked here have their answers on the internet but they won't search and someone still takes time to answer the questions and you get such a response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Congratulations.
Wow.

Glory to God
lolathegenie:
GUYS IT'S PPR !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Congratulations Prof.

Which school please?
SamuelOgunniyi:
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice!!!

It's my PPR!!!
First-time applicant (Jesus did it).
I applied using the NEW PORTAL (Self-application)

Application Submission: June 26
Biometrics: June 28
Medical updated: September 6
Eligibility: September 10
PPR : September 17.

Document submitted.

(1)Letter of Explanation (Study Plan + Statement of purpose) (10 well-detailed pages).
(2) Degree certificate
(3) Certificate of Origin
(4) Police Character certificate
(5) NYSC certificate
(6) International Passport
(7) Leave letter
(cool Award Letter.
(9) Offer letter from my DLI
(10) Recommendation letter from my HOD showing I have a lectureship position slot at the University after my PhD degree.
(11) Undergraduate and MSci Transcript
(12) NIN/International passport of my family.
(13) Birth Certificate.
(14)COVID-19 vaccination card.
(15) Upfront e-medical slip

PROOF OF FUNDS.
(1) RA and TA letters from my school (fully funded).
(2) Additional money from my Aunt for my travelling (using her bank statement).
I want to appreciate everyone here for their motivation at all times. The admin of the thread and all the active contributors. But I can only say this. God will bless you abundantly. You’re indeed a blessing and you’ll never lack any Good thing. And everyone awaiting Visa responses I know the wait can be tiring but indeed your PPR is coming soon.

Indeed there is no weekend in Heaven.

God bless everyone! Thank you ❤️

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.