Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215052 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
CharitoJames:

My mind told me that some of you must have seen me on other social medias giving that i am using my real name on all of them… Seems i will change my moniker so if i find trouble make dem no catch me. One thing i like about you, you will stand for the truth.. i remember the other day you corrected me and today you are protecting my image. Thanks a lot… Me seff no go argue. I be man and woman. I don’t even have time to fake anything… See my life outside. My Facebook account is 13years old, 5k friends and 4k plus followers… so you saw me well

I didn't click on your profile but I saw your comment on a GCMS Facebook page. Yes, it's better to not use your real name on platforms like these to stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sunkymatete: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
Good day guys, pls any March applicant? I’m tired of waiting. What does this means please? That’s the latest update concerning my application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teebabe2806: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
Please when and where did you send your passport? How many days did it take? And which courier?

FaithCanny:
Hello. Please I have received my stamped passport but I am yet to receive the Letter of Introduction, what do I do? I have sent a complaint through webform. Can I contact VFS Global or what do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2022
ehiremen2002:

But this might be issue as information seems, one of the requirement is to add spouse student permit, which they dont have yet as the spouse is still around till January.

Moreso, spouse only has 8month/1year pgd.

Please search for Ketima's post he was able to apply for SOWP while still in Nigeria, can provide more insight if he is available.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2022
sunkymatete:
Good day guys, pls any March applicant? I’m tired of waiting. What does this means please? That’s the latest update concerning my application

Your application is still in progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FaithCanny: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2022
Teebabe2806:
Please when and where did you send your passport? How many days did it take? And which courier?

I sent it on Tuesday, 13th Sept. and received it 19th Sept 2022, sent to Abj and used DHL

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2022
CharitoJames:

LMAO!!! This boy no go fit pass medicals seff because it’s obvious he is ment oh.. Added to your mental health, you blind too? Because if your eyes were clear.. you won’t see only Congratulations. Household enemy, shift abeg! See eh, before you speak to me again… Come with your real moniker but then you’ve been blocked so you can’t
But mental health and sight are not part of what are being tested in medical na.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by megastu(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2022
you send them e-mails 5 times a day or you are just exagerrating?
Letuspraytogod:
Please I want to ask a kinda non reasonable question.

Do Ircc flag emails? I mean maybe when you email them too much, do they flag emails so they don’t receive anymore from you lol

Cus there’s no way they’re not getting all these 5 times daily emails from me.

It’s well. I wish everyone well & God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
Hello everyone, it's me again.
Since I received my bvl, no update from IRCC, but I pray for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChristabelleD: 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2022
I need to speak to you o.

makano:
All thanks to God and Congratulations to you FaithCanny, so happy for your Visa approval.

And thank you for trusting in my Canada Immigration expertise by giving me the privilege to handle your application, you were humble enough to take to every instruction given to you all through your application, it was nice working with you. I am sure the next assignment now is for your family to join you to Canada, the same God that has used me for your study permit Visa will do it again for your family application..

Canada cant wait for your shine and Manifestation....

It has finally ended in praise..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2022
Exaggerating ke? Okay let me explain it to you if that makes you better.
My application has been running since October 2021!
So what you gon’ say?

megastu:
you send them e-mails 5 times a day or you are just exagerrating?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sammyfrance23: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2022
sammyfrance23:
Urgent!!!!!!!!!…. I’m about to book my flight to Montreal and I can see Royal Air Maroc for about 300k plus which is quite reasonable but I want to know if this is a good flight to fly with
Help!!!!!
Can someone answer me ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2022
sammyfrance23:

Can someone answer me ??

Most people here fly w Egypt Air, KLM, Air France and Qatar so I'm not too sure you might get a reply ASAP.
You can however ask on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/607
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by INILARGE: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
I got this two messages today one in the morning the other this afternoon.. anyone that have gotten this what does it mean

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perripilzz: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2022
Hello everyone. Please help me as I’m at a crossroad and don’t even know what to do anymore, NBCC withdrew my application while my visa is still in progress, (I was to resume sept 6) I sent an email to ask for the next available seat and they said sept 2024. Please what do I do?
Can I apply to another school and upload the LOA on web form? Most schools I’m seeing are not offering human service practitioner, will applying for another program be an issue in my visa application? Please anyone that can help with information should please help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2022
Uzoamaka123:
God has done it o

PPR is here !!!!

I’m driving . Would be back for more details.

Super thankful for all those that helped me on this journey.
I’m so grateful .

I noticed it’s still showing we’ll let you know once a final decision has been made under “final decision “

Would this be updated later to approved or what?

Wow!! Super excited for you at last, the wait is over. Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2022
Perripilzz:
Hello everyone. Please help me as I’m at a crossroad and don’t even know what to do anymore, NBCC withdrew my application while my visa is still in progress, (I was to resume sept 6) I sent an email to ask for the next available seat and they said sept 2024. Please what do I do?
Can I apply to another school and upload the LOA on web form? Most schools I’m seeing are not offering human service practitioner, will applying for another program be an issue in my visa application? Please anyone that can help with information should please help me.
Omo wahala be like bicycle
The only advise I can give is to do a reasarch on a course close to this one in relation of your past studies and apply and send an application to them with an SOP explaining why you had to change and how the new course is still linked to what you would like to be
And the other option........
WAIT and I know the thought of waiting a whole two years is discouraging.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2022
So this journey ds started with an intent in 2021 to acquire a dual citizen future for my kids visa study route since Express Entry was no longer feasible.

Did tons of research, mostly for info from Nairaland here.

Applied for study permit for Family of 5 (we are 6, as 1 child is a US citizen, we wanted to birth the last one in Canada as wifey had applied and gotten visitor visa in Jan 2020 but was unable to travel because of covid. We tried to birth her in the US but they denied us, thanks to Trump).

So we applied for visa (SP for me and 2 kids, VV for 1 kid, SOWP for wifey) precisely April 30th for the whole fam. Did upfront medicals. 5 days after submission, I began bombing Nairobi office emails with request to update medicals. Medicals were updated on 18th May.

6 weeks after application I started bombarding Nairobi office on status update, applied for gcms notes (it never came out till today), applied for status update thru MP who reverted that our well phonology was under review, although nothing was showing in portal.

I continued with emails firing, updating it every week, sending every Monday and Friday 3 emails per day. Praying them to consider my application on the need to get decision on time to finalize plans for family travel.

Charitojames, 2pretty4u were my goto posts for encouragement.

PPR came for all of us at once on 24 Aug.

Stamped passports on 1st Sept.

Tried to defer till January 2023 but school refused. So I had to quickly buy ticket for myself to ga'an resume. While I will return to pick family after Xmas.

Ethiopian airline departure was 19th Sept. Arrived Abuja Airport, Africa just ask N1500 mk I carry my big bag of foods dey go..I kukuma give an a I no want long talk.

Paid excess luggage about N88k (walahi, I pack foods no be small.. made a checklist from una plenty submissions here... I only saw indomie chicken, I kukuma but 2 cartons brave am like that). Wrapped my bag at the airlift before check in.

Carried hands luggage and extra back pack.
PS: weda or not you are paying excess luggage, your bag cannot exceed 32k..... so know how to sort your things amongst different baah not to exceed 32kg per bag... I sweat like easter ghost while doing this because I have to be weighing the bag after every item removed or added.

Flight route: Abuja - Addiss Ababa (5hrs), had a 2 hr layover that felt like 30 minutes.... Addis Ababa- Dublin (8.5hrs)... speed for refueling, we didn't disembark the aircraft..... another long one Dublin - Toronto (6.5hrs)... I ate during the Abuja-addis flight, n only had dessert for the Addiss-Dublin. I like to travel light so that local man no go tell pilot say make e Park mid air make I enter Bush go do Number 2..... I am choosy like that.. lol

arrived Toronto 8am, did Self declaration, went to immigration, they only asked for LOI, and asked us all student to sitdon. 10 minutes later. They came out with printed study permit. Ushered me to a counter, Arab guy say, give me your study permit and passport, stamped me in. Finito.

Went to baggage claim, picked up my bags, went to drop off with connecting flight Air Canada to Moncton which doesn't take off for another 4 hrs.. omo make I dey waka about dey look.

Na so we see an.. already missing my fam, but no qualms.. if they miss me too much, mk they buy ticket come as visa dey dia pocket.

Like this, so, maple land don carry extra talent.... mk I go update my cv, attack them.. hehehe

39 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FaithCanny: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2022
ChristabelleD:
Please I have some questions, if you can kindly email me christabelleoge@gmail.com. Thank you.

Please I dont have access to that email, post your questions and will respond.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2022
RelaxingEnd:

I don't know the method of payment your school accepts, but if your school uses flywire, then you'll have to generate an invoice from there. The invoice comes together with an authorization letter authorizing the transaction and flywire receiving the money on behalf of your school, which they'll proceed to deliver to the school. You'll fill the necessary details on tradesystems and upload the invoice from flywire. Also check if other things are in place before submitting.

If your school doesn't use flywire, I'm sure they've provided their account details which you'll fill in tradesystems.

Thanks for your response. No the school didn't provide flywire.

They have given us their account details which we have filled in the tradesystem. .

From your response, I believe we are on the right track.
Thank u .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2022
April 4th applicant here. Bvl since September 9th then radio silence
hayoBams:
Congratulations,
God abeg oooo, may 14th applicant bvl since September 12 and no other update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by favourdamsel: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2022
Wish you Success in Canada
olokings:
So this journey ds started with an intent in 2021 to acquire a dual citizen future for my kids visa study route since Express Entry was no longer feasible.

Applied for study permit for Family of 5 (we are 6, as 1 child is a US citizen, we wanted to birth the last one in Canada as wifey had applied and gotten visitor visa in Jan 2020 but was unable to travel because of covid. We tried to birth her in the US but they denied us, thanks to Trump).

So we applied for visa (SP for me and 2 kids, VV for 1 kid, SOWP for wifey) precisely April 30th for the whole fam. Did upfront medicals. 5 days after submission, I began bombing Nairobi office emails with request to update medicals. Medicals were updated on 18th May.

6 weeks after application I started bombarding Nairobi office on status update, applied for gcms notes (it never came out till today), applied for status update thru MP who reverted that our well phonology was under review, although nothing was showing in portal.

I continued with emails firing, updating it every week, sending every Monday and Friday 3 emails per day. Praying them to consider my application on the need to get decision on time to finalize plans for family travel.

Tried to defer till January 2023 but school refused. So I had to quickly buy ticket for myself to ga'an resume. While I will return to pick family after Xmas.

Ethiopian airline departure was 19th Sept. Arrived Abuja Airport, Africa just ask N1500 mk I carry my big bag of foods dey go..I kukuma give an a I no want long talk.

Paid excess luggage about N88k (walahi, I pack foods no be small.. made a checklist from una plenty submissions here... I only saw indomie chicken, I kukuma but 2 cartons brave am like that). Wrapped my bag at the airlift before check in.

PS: weda or not you are paying excess luggage, your bag cannot exceed 32k..... so know how to sort your things amongst different baah not to exceed 32kg per bag... I sweat like easter ghost while doing this because I have to be weighing the bag after every item removed or added.

Flight route: Abuja - Addiss Ababa (5hrs), had a 2 hr layover that felt like 30 minutes.... Addis Ababa- Dublin (8.5hrs)... speed for refueling, we didn't disembark the aircraft..... another long one Dublin - Toronto (6.5hrs)... I ate during the Abuja-addis flight, n only had dessert for the Addiss-Dublin. I like to travel light so that local man no go tell pilot say make e Park mid air make I enter Bush go do Number 2..... I am choosy like that.. lol

arrived Toronto 8am, did Self declaration, went to immigration, they only asked for LOI, and asked us all student to sitdon. 10 minutes later. They came out with printed study permit. Ushered me to a counter, Arab guy say, give me your study permit and passport, stamped me in. Finito.

Went to baggage claim, picked up my bags, went to drop off with connecting flight Air Canada to Moncton which doesn't take off for another 4 hrs.. omo make I dey waka about dey look.

Na so we see an.. already missing my fam, but no qualms.. if they miss me too much, mk they buy ticket come as visa dey dia pocket.

Like this, so, maple land don carry extra talent.... mk I go update my cv, attack them.. hehehe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by simplibaba(m): 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
makano:
I have been following your response to the said moniker and you seem to be very intelligent and calm with the way you responded him/her.

And as to the bolded, I totally agree.. His/her reply to my post on August 10 saying I am discouraging her when in fact I was advising the concerned applicants(I wasn't even directing that message to her) shows she isn't even calculative when responding to sensitive posts..

Good afternoon, pls kindly check your mail
I chose to ignore her cos of course I don't have the luxury of time to argue here on a faceless forum with someone I dont even know how he/she looks like.. I have alot on my table to attend to, both Canada related and non- Canada related..

Peace

Good afternoon, Pls kindly check your mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
olokings:

Congratulations oh, I can’t wait to share mine too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2022
Belxsz:
April 4th applicant here. Bvl since September 9th then radio silence

See my people oh… PPR will come… don’t worry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
sunkymatete:

I know how this feels.. the wait is unbearable but i pray it ends soon and in praise. is this really your account? Or an agent is handling your application? Eligibility is yet to start since March. Did you do medicals upfront?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2022
Amen! For you as well. We will celebrate soon
CharitoJames:

See my people oh… PPR will come… don’t worry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
aclfemmy:
It's a go!
Pls, rejoice with me. I just my ppr today while I got bvl last Saturday. I'm 2nd time time applicant. More details loading pls. I will be right back during my break-time later today pls.

Congratulations! And thanks for the screenshot evidence. Let's keep doing this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2022
tega419:

Just post the screenshot of your PPR.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Treasure134: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2022
Well @Charitojames I'm still here rooting for you and others too

Your PPR good news is already here

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2022
Well maybe I’m being too nice with my emails.
If you’re emailing them Monday and Fridays (3 times daily)
And I’m doing it everyday 5 times and no tangible response.
Maybe I need to be sound desperate then. Smh

Anyways kindly check your email. God bless and wishing you well

olokings:

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.