Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1246490 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2022
Hi I got response from Fanshawe within a week but I used an agent
Lily89:

Please how long did it take you to hear from Fashawne college when you applied?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2022
Please, for someone whose passport will expire in Jan 2023 and awaiting PPR, is it advisable to send the scanned renewed passport through webform and emails or wait for PPR and send both the expired and the renewed passport, so that they will stamp the renewed passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2022
olokings:
So this journey ds started with an intent in 2021 to acquire a dual citizen future for my kids visa study route since Express Entry was no longer feasible.

Did tons of research, mostly for info from Nairaland here.

Applied for study permit for Family of 5 (we are 6, as 1 child is a US citizen, we wanted to birth the last one in Canada as wifey had applied and gotten visitor visa in Jan 2020 but was unable to travel because of covid. We tried to birth her in the US but they denied us, thanks to Trump).

So we applied for visa (SP for me and 2 kids, VV for 1 kid, SOWP for wifey) precisely April 30th for the whole fam. Did upfront medicals. 5 days after submission, I began bombing Nairobi office emails with request to update medicals. Medicals were updated on 18th May.

6 weeks after application I started bombarding Nairobi office on status update, applied for gcms notes (it never came out till today), applied for status update thru MP who reverted that our well phonology was under review, although nothing was showing in portal.

I continued with emails firing, updating it every week, sending every Monday and Friday 3 emails per day. Praying them to consider my application on the need to get decision on time to finalize plans for family travel.

Charitojames, 2pretty4u were my goto posts for encouragement.

PPR came for all of us at once on 24 Aug.

Stamped passports on 1st Sept.

Tried to defer till January 2023 but school refused. So I had to quickly buy ticket for myself to ga'an resume. While I will return to pick family after Xmas.

Ethiopian airline departure was 19th Sept. Arrived Abuja Airport, Africa just ask N1500 mk I carry my big bag of foods dey go..I kukuma give an a I no want long talk.

Paid excess luggage about N88k (walahi, I pack foods no be small.. made a checklist from una plenty submissions here... I only saw indomie chicken, I kukuma but 2 cartons brave am like that). Wrapped my bag at the airlift before check in.

Carried hands luggage and extra back pack.
PS: weda or not you are paying excess luggage, your bag cannot exceed 32k..... so know how to sort your things amongst different baah not to exceed 32kg per bag... I sweat like easter ghost while doing this because I have to be weighing the bag after every item removed or added.

Flight route: Abuja - Addiss Ababa (5hrs), had a 2 hr layover that felt like 30 minutes.... Addis Ababa- Dublin (8.5hrs)... speed for refueling, we didn't disembark the aircraft..... another long one Dublin - Toronto (6.5hrs)... I ate during the Abuja-addis flight, n only had dessert for the Addiss-Dublin. I like to travel light so that local man no go tell pilot say make e Park mid air make I enter Bush go do Number 2..... I am choosy like that.. lol

arrived Toronto 8am, did Self declaration, went to immigration, they only asked for LOI, and asked us all student to sitdon. 10 minutes later. They came out with printed study permit. Ushered me to a counter, Arab guy say, give me your study permit and passport, stamped me in. Finito.

Went to baggage claim, picked up my bags, went to drop off with connecting flight Air Canada to Moncton which doesn't take off for another 4 hrs.. omo make I dey waka about dey look.

Na so we see an.. already missing my fam, but no qualms.. if they miss me too much, mk they buy ticket come as visa dey dia pocket.

Like this, so, maple land don carry extra talent.... mk I go update my cv, attack them.. hehehe

Congratulations again, may the land of Canada favour you and yours. Interesting landing gist

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
Betterlife30:
Please, for someone whose passport will expire in Jan 2023 and awaiting PPR, is it advisable to send the scanned renewed passport through webform and emails?

I think your passport should be valid for at least 6 months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2022
Pace6:

I think your passport should be valid for at least 6 months.

When I submitted my application, it was more than 6 months but now it's less than 6 months. I don't know if I should send the renewed passport through webform and emails or wait for PPR and send both the expired and the renewed passport, so that they will stamp the renewed passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladydami(f): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2022
Good day house
A friend of mine is in between choosing between North West college and Saskatchewan Polytechnics to study Diploma in Early childhood education
Please which do you think is best?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by meemeelisco(f): 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2022
olutoyiin:
same June 24th, last update was medical and biometrics on August 5th, after that no more update

Biometric was 27th and updated the same day. Have you ordered the GCMS note?
If yes, when and have received it yet?
If no, do you plan to apply and when?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2022
aclfemmy:
Hello @charitojames, I can't wait to say a huge congratulation to you to commemorate your ppr. It's long overdue. May God answers your inner prayer concerning this much awaits ppr. Congratulations in advance!

Amen!!! This is spirit lifting… thanks a lot. From your lips to God’s ears

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by meemeelisco(f): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2022
All these back and forth about bursting agents here is becoming tiring. People should be observant to not fall into preying hands. I just wanna read genuine PPR timelines and if you can, let me know your response to the question below.
meemeelisco:
So happy that real PPR testimonies are flowing today, and congratulations in advance to everyone expecting.

Please, I need a lot of input on this question that I have been wondering about for a while. It is about the GCMS note. I understand it is vital to know how your application is going. But when is the recommended time to apply, putting the processing time in mind?

A. As soon as you submit
B. Midway through the application processing time
C. When the application passes the official processing time
D. When your application gets refused
E. When your application is approved.
F. You don't care for it.

Application submitted since June 24th and no gadamn update from CIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by INILARGE: 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2022
Congratulations
aclfemmy:
It feels good to be here to share my ppr testimony guys.

I do sincerely appreciate all the information and personal experiences shared on this thread. It has indeed helped quite a lot of people among whom, I'm a prime and bonafide beneficiary. I couldn't have done less by not holding from the forum in which I have profited immensely.

I shall be sharing my experience and timeline for my 2 applications which herald this success I've just achieved today.

My epistle may be quite long but I shall endeavour to break it in such a way that it won't bore you.

First and foremost, I will like us to imbibe the culture of reading especially of something that is quite edifying like the info on this nairaland Canada study permit. It's a fountain and repository of knowledge. If you get yourself busy with it prior to your application, you may not need to ask questions or seek assistance from any gurus.

Enough said about the preamble and now, back to the basis.

I'm 41 years of age. The journey to Canada started for me in 2021; precisely, in October. But I have no idea about the know-how. I, therefore, typed the travelling to Canada on google and I landed in nairaland, precisely thread 18 thru 19. Believe me, I read the entire thread which I started from Oct till around November.

After reading the 2 threads; 18 and 19, I became very adept at the whole process both school admission and study permit application. Needless to say, I also read other info that's related to Canadian stuff that cut across immigration both temporary and permanent residency permits.

Having been armed with the acquired info, I applied for a mission at MUN for both Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA) and MBA but the GDBA admission came out with a speed of light in less than 2 weeks. I applied for admission in December and was offered admission the same December before the closed of the semester. I waited a little bit for the MBA admission but it didn't come on time. I have to go ahead and apply for the study permit with the GDBA LOA on March 1st, 2022. This is my first application

Find below the timeline:

Portal GCkey
* Application date 01/03/2022
* Biometric enrolment 04/03/2022
* Upfront medical. 14/04/2022
* Medical updated 27/04/2022
* Eligibility review 29/04/2022
* Eligibility recommend passed 29/04/2022 - this is as per gcms notes
* Eligibility failed 05/05/2022 - this is also as per gcms notes and is reviewed by another VO other than the one recommend it passed.
* Refusal notice 05/05/2022.

Refusal reasons were the purpose of visit and travel history.

My academic background in accounting and finance both HND at Yabatech (2002) and B.A (Hons) at University of Sunderland Uk (2014). I have been to the UK at least once and I have also had prior UK visa refusal which I disclosed. I have been working for the past fifteen years across multiple accounting and finance designation

Documents submitted:
I'm a self-sponsored.
* All IMM forms
* 8 pages SOP (written by me)
* MUN LOA
* HND & Bsc Certs & Transcripts
* I didn't submit NYSC (I don't do it)
* Tuition deposit of $8,390 (paid thru form A. It's not a mandatory request by MUN)
* On-campus Hostel deposit with attached proof of address $ 2,200
* landed property with Registered survey & CofO
* 3 life assistance policies with nominal present value combined worth of 11m and future value of 32m expiring in 2025 and 2026
* bank balance of 14.8m with no lump sum therein
* My birth certificate, NIN
* my wife and children's birth certificate and nin
* use my family: wife and 3 children as ties together with my aged mum and siblings: here, I only use their pictures where we appear together: no other documents of theirs are used.

The refusal decision heartbroken me so much that I least expected it. I therefore hurriedly reach out to some guys who are on nairaland through their private emails. Out of the whole lots I contacted, Makano was the first to contact me and he gave me his bill which I don't mind paying thinking that the application will be done instantly and I will get approval. But that wasn't the case. Honestly, those a who got refusal and were able to announce it on the platform here were quite lucky as they got apt advice which was what they need to re-fire. In my case, the refusal overwhelmed me and I didn't. If I have done, the decision to engage the Makano wouldn't have arisen. By and large, he did a great job!

He did advise I should apply for the notes which he did on my behalf at a fee. I applied for the note on the 6th of May 2022 and it came out on the 2nd of June 2022.

There in the note, the visa officer misdirected himself, obviously and erroneously, under his reasoning for my purpose of visit that my purpose was of visit was unreasonable as I have current qualifications that's way higher than the intended course of study in Canada. And for my travel history, he said he my travel history or lack of it won't count in his assessment of my eligibility and for that reason he's refusing my application.

Come June 22nd 2022, I reapplied with the same set of docs. I only added LOE (3 pages). There in the LOE I explained the errors and misgivings of the VO with verifiable evidences which links pasted therein. I further got in touch with my faculty advisor about the development. He in turn got in touch on my behalf to the associate Deen of faculty to get a letter clarifying that the intended course of study is way higher than the current qualification I have and that I'm eminently qualify for the choice course of study.

I attached this additional documents to the same docs in my first application and I refire thru ircc portal (the new portal). The gckey portal locked me out due to network glitch otherwise it's the gckey I would have use again.

2nd application timeline

Still same course at Mun with resumption date of 06/09/2022

New portal

* Application date 22/06/2022
* All documents as used in 1st application
* before the resumption no info updates on my account
* on the 30th of sept 2022, I registered for course as advised by my course advisor as there's a remote class available for my course
* after registration, I got enrolment letter which I sent to ircc thru we form on the 5th sept 2022.
* eligibility review 09/09/2022
* bvl 17/09/2022
* ppr 20/09/2022

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aclfemmy(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 10:04pm On Sep 20, 2022
June 23rd. Last update was August 5th for medicals. E be like na 1 slow VO the review our file. I go use prayer wake am up tonight.

olutoyiin:
same June 24th, last update was medical and biometrics on August 5th, after that no more update

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2022
Ayam not well informed enough to answer that.

Someone may respond.

Betterlife30:

Please, for someone whose passport will expire in Jan 2023 and awaiting PPR, is it advisable to send the scanned renewed passport through webform and emails?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2022
Mayboy:
Good evening!
Please can someone make tuition fee payment through CIBC from naira account? And how long will the processing take?

Yes you can pay with your naira account. Just initiate the process on the CIBC portal from your school website. Get the transaction details that you need for filling your form A. This you will submit together with other requested document on the trade system portal. I can't say how long this will take but let'say within 1 - 2 months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2022
You simply just search for the member of Parliament (MP) in your intended province
Frankielilbaby:

How can we do that from Nigeria please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2022
[quote author=sos123 post=116859267]June 23rd. Last update was August 5th for medicals. E be like na 1 slow VO the review our file. I go use prayer wake am up tonight.

[/quote
Same June 29th
Old portal eligibility over a month now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teenie19(f): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2022
Hey, my brother got his ppr today. He sent nairobi immigration emails yesterday and he also sent webform asking for updates. You can probably try that as well.

hayoBams:
Omo nothing yet ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 10:25pm On Sep 20, 2022
sos123:
June 23rd. Last update was August 5th for medicals. E be like na 1 slow VO the review our file. I go use prayer wake am up tonight.

Be like so oooo very lazy VO, I for like wipe am oraimo chord for back

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeff5gold: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
EagleEye4040:
Check other people's comments here A lot of people here give good advices.

Check @Ocool @Charistojames @bepositive11 @houseofrevclaw @predator188 and even those you call newbie give some advice that makano is not capable of giving.

@Makano, @justmellow, @Frankrobbn1 were newbies who got knowledge here and now selling to the same forum that gave them.

I don't have problem with that.

But why are these 3 guys posting fake PPR?

These people are contributing selflessly. Not promoting themselves

Why is @Makano using fake PPR to deceive people here?

Now I am wondering why my name is not listed grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teenie19(f): 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
PPR TESTIMONY (BROTHER'S APPLICATION- 17 years old): GOD IS GOOD.

Application submitted (old gc key): MAY 15, 2022
Upfront medical passed: July 18, 2022
Eligibility review started (ghost update) : Sep 6, 2022
BVL correspondence received: Sep 12, 2022
PPR: Sep 20, 2022

He is going to MUN for Bachelors of Engineering , initially for Sep 2022 but this was now deferred to January 2023 due to immigration delay.

PS: He sent emails to Nairobi and webform yesterday asking for update as he only got BVL without decision. I don't know if this prompted them to send decision today...in all, all Glory to God almighty!

Good luck to everyone waiting! I pray for speedy PPR for everyone.

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2022
Hi,

Yes, you can do that (preferably).

You may also wait until you get a PPR, and you send both passports.

Betterlife30:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2022
Teenie19:
PPR TESTIMONY (BROTHER'S APPLICATION- 17 years): GOD IS GOOD.

Application submitted (old gc key): MAY 15, 2022
Upfront medical passed: July 18, 2022
Eligibility review started (ghost update) : Sep 6, 2022
BVL correspondence received: Sep 12, 2022
PPR: Sep 20, 2022

He is going to MUN for Bachelors of Engineering , initially for Sep 2022 but this was now deferred to January 2023 due to immigration delay.

PS: He sent emails to Nairobi and webform yesterday asking for update as he only got BVL without decision. I don't know if this prompted them to send decision today...in all, all Glory to God almighty!

Good luck to everyone waiting! I pray for speedy PPR for everyone.

Congratulations to him… Wow! My MUN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
bepositive11:

Yes, @Frankrobbn1 is the person I'm talking about. The testimonies also praise him extensively. I wish he would share more helpful advice here instead of his clients only sharing testimonies to market his services.

Whether the PPRs are fake or not, I'm not sure but he does seem to have a lot of experience based on his Nairaland profile. He's been doing this for years. At the same time, his clients tend to be loaded with cash or have foreign passports (one recently said UK passport) so those cases are not that challenging.

I haven't noticed anything suspicious about Makano though..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2022
CharitoJames:

It’s this fake PPR that is my concern because i dey tap into their good news and always Congratulate them… Which kain wahala be this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teenie19(f): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2022
Thank you! I can't wait to celebrate with you too!

CharitoJames:

Congratulations to him… Wow! My MUN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 11:25pm On Sep 20, 2022
Isyma:
But wait oo, so for real fake PPR dey here nawa o. Wetin person no go see for this japa process? Omo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 11:31pm On Sep 20, 2022
Wahalurrrrrr....this thread is now full of comedians oooooooooo cheesy
Express2021:
@EagleEye4040
This is about pastor charitojames
1. Charitojames remains a suspect incase u dnt knw, it is very clear. He claims she prays for people and awaiting PPR, their was a time he will always form pastor and tell people to submit their names so she can add to his prayer list and go to the alter, after sometime I observed same person forming pastor is now very rude, insulting people, arguing unnecessarily etc. Is that how real pastors behave?

2. Charitojames is suspected to operate on other accounts I will still name them later. How you will know this, she yarn dust most times, even during yarning his normal dust he will use his numerous accounts to be supporting his dusts, no matter how terrible his dust is, you will still see accounts supporting his dusts.

3. I've been addressing the account as Him, yes he's suspected to be a man and he'll be forming woman, women no too get time to involve theirself in the kind òf thing he involves himself, yet he claims to be a woman...
I will reveal more things about him.
For now be careful with Charitojames his intention seems not to be good, investigation is still on going.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perripilzz: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2022
Hi, please is there anyone that have applied to Fleming college? How fast is their admission? Please kindly help out if you have information on this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ademma2022: 11:54pm On Sep 20, 2022
HELLO HOUSE, GOOD EVENING, PLEASE I INTEND ON APPLYING FOR FALL NEXT YEAR, BUT I HAVE ISSUE WITH MY WAEC CERTIFICATE AS THE YEAR OF BIRTH IS WRONG, HOW DO YOU THINK I CAN TACKLE THIS ISSUE AS EVERY OTHER DOCUMENT AS THE CORRECT DATE ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cyrielo(m): 1:52am On Sep 21, 2022
Please who have any sure plug for FORM A? ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Davidson1010: 2:11am On Sep 21, 2022
Pls friend, I need someone who can help me with çanada universities website where I can apply for a universty program

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.