Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,506 members, 7,843,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1261638 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2022
bepositive11:
That is what I'm saying. Those applications that look weak ass to you are still approved because the profile matches what they're looking for, but those solid applications are refused because they don't match what they're looking for.

PPR comes easy for people who match the profile they're looking for and that is what I mean by quality. When you study PPRs, you will start to see some patterns. Its quality over quantity for them. They're not trying to approve everyone.

So what is it they’re looking for that will take 7,8,9-10 months before they approve or deny?

At least if one doesn’t have what they’re looking for, they should deny within the shortest possible time so you know your stand.

Abeg make them getat...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benjamin0A: 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2022
makano:
Hello Benedict

2. Its almost impossible to get a Master's degree admission with a 2.2 in a Canadian University, so your best option is a Post graduate degree Program in any of the DLIs.
3. Check Ontario colleges (OCAS). Many schools are already closing for May 2023 intake though, so act fast.
4. I don't see this as a question. But if I should add, then its better u go for a Networking course, Computer Engineering oe Web development depending on the area that is beneficial to you.
5. This also doesn't look like a question. You can apply as a self sponsor though.
6. I have answered this question above in no 2.
7. Well, most colleges in Ontario do not have tuition fees less than 12k. Maybe you will have to look at NBCC.. But note, IRCC take as priority for Visa when you go for schools that have higher tuition fees and most of them are found in Ontario, that does not mean NBCC do not get Visa, but not compared to schools like Conestoga or Niagara..

Peace
thank you so much sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2022
bepositive11:

It is very risky. International students usually get the minimum wage and are restricted to working for 20 hours a week. I don't recommend it.

People used to switch but there is a new law that bans it. I don't know how strict Canada is about it yet though because it's still new.
A new law that bans changing of DLI while in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2022
I wonder. They should make their process faster. Even 13 weeks is too much.

Pace6:

So what is it they’re looking for that will take 7,8,9-10 months before they approve or deny?

At least if one doesn’t have what they’re looking for, they should deny within the shortest possible time so you know your stand.

Abeg make them getat...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ojb555666:

A new law that bans changing of DLI while in Canada?

Right after coming to Canada, without studying in the DLI for which the study permit was obtained.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2022
Yes I have started reading the thread, I heard that their schools don't request for application fee to apply. But I am thinking of getting a post graduate diploma because I will need a research supervisor for a masters program.
RelaxingEnd:

Yeah, it's normal to get kind of confused at first, but if you carefully read through the threads especially from the beginning, you'll understand. 16 weeks is long. Have you ordered your notes?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2022
CharitoJames:
So guys
Here it is…
Application submitted 5th April
Biometrics done and updated 8th April
Upfront medical updated 11th April
Eligibility 4th May
Ghost updates 9th May, 20th May, 17th July and 16th September
BVL 23rd September
Refusal 24th September

Yes, i was refused… All thanks to God regardless and NO I WILL NOT REAPPLY.

I’m still here, going no where but may not be active because i need to channel my energy elsewhere.

So sorry about this darling. It’s well GOD is with you just speak to GOD for direction and guidance. Remain that strong and positive you are. Love et light

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2022
bepositive11:

Right after coming to Canada, without studying in the DLI for which the study permit was obtained.
How about starting or finishing a semester before changing to another school? Possible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
Chialsy:
Hello everyone,
Please can someone add me to Canada schools telegram group ��?
I'm applying and needs some guidance

So this nairaland na play we dey play here

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2022
New week, we move… Lots of PPR tomorrow… Are you ready to carry your evidence? Because i am ready to carry mine.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ojb555666:

How about starting or finishing a semester before changing to another school? Possible?

Yes, it's possible. You can change DLI after completing a semester.

You can refer this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

The two conditions are that you need to be enrolled and actively studying at the DLI at which your study permit was approved for.

If you change DLI right after arriving in Canada, your study permit and visa could be canceled and you will end up losing your status.

Colleges inform IRCC when students are not attending classes. That's how they find out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2022
Chialsy:
Hello everyone,
Please can someone add me to Canada schools telegram group ��?
I'm applying and needs some guidance

You already have everything you need here to guide you appropriately if you can take your time to read from the first thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2022
CharitoJames:
New week, we move… Lots of PPR tomorrow… Are you ready to carry your evidence? Because i am ready to carry mine.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
CharitoJames:

Amen

God bless you.

I love the energy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2022
bepositive11:
I wonder. They should make their process faster. Even 13 weeks is too much.

Exactly

Tbh even 3weeks is too much sef.

When you check someone’s application and it doesn’t meet requirement, just give decision.

Did you know some people eligibility will even start and still get refusal?

And I used to hear that once eligibility starts, chances of approval is over 70%

So what’s the point/need for all the delay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
Pace6:

Amen

God bless you.

I love the energy

Amen dear!! Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Pace6:

Exactly

Tbh even 3weeks is too much sef.

When you check someone’s application and it doesn’t meet requirement, just give decision.

Did you know some people eligibility will even start and still get refusal?

And I used to hear that once eligibility starts, chances of approval is over 70%

So what’s the point/need for all the delay?

No one will refuse you without eligibility starting.
If it doesn’t start, how will they know if you are eligible or not? Lol… it just shouldn’t take time but some applications are complex hence a lot of confirmations will be required

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chymallchamps: 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
Hello Gurus in the house, please I need urgent advise. I am June 18th applicant. I had to defer my admission to September 2023 cos of delay in visa approval. I am expecting my new LOA and deferral letter from the school in about 2 weeks time. What am I to do as per IRCC is concern. If my study permit is approved will it still be valid by next year September?

Please I need answers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2022
holla Charito,

wanna send you an email... or email me on my monika at gmail

ciao

CharitoJames:

If it doesn’t start, how will they know if you are eligible or not? Lol… it just shouldn’t take time but some applications are complex hence a lot of confirmations will be required
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miimssss: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
Hello! Sorry about your application. I used GCMS writers. It cost me about 11k, but it depends on the package you choose.

I hope this helps.

Oluwapelumeedah:
Please can you assist me, how can I request for my gcms note my application is 16 weeks old. How much is the gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miimssss: 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2022
I ordered for it 5th August 2022

Jenny255:
Pls when did you request for your note?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sykeotic: 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
Check your email

please how did you order your notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2022
CharitoJames:

My first application, eligibility didn’t start before I was refused... abi e start for background?

Even my second application sef, eligibility has not started.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Latyphat7: 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2022
Hello Wiziggy,

Did you include your 4 to 6months payslip as part of proof of income., if not, Kindly send through webform

quote author=WiZiggy post=116995078]congratulations to all recent ppr holders and my heart goes out to those denied, it is not the end... Brace up, re-strategize and refire, whatever will work for you just DO IT! wether Canada or UK, let there be a plan!

So my application has passed the 13 weeks normal processing time, I got my notes few weeks back and the VO pointed out that my proof of income was NOT PROVIDED, can Y'all imagine Me that included my business registration, MBS, savings account, transaction receipt from my clients etc.

Anyways, to address the issue, I re-uploaded all proof of my income again via webform and emails. I kept resending the mails and webform like every week.
It's been 2 weeks now and no response from IRCC as to whether they have received the documents or not.
Please what's the next step I should take? If I say I am not completely drained by the wait then I'm lying, I'm just rolling on 1% battery � life honestly. The anxiety has eaten deep inside of me and I pray it doesn't get worse �, please all I will appreciate any advice and steps to take. The stress is too much.

June 6th applicant
Biometrics 9th June
Upfront medical 18th may
Medical passed July 4th
Eligibility started July 21st
Bring forward date September 1st( noticed this from my gcms notes)
This is September 25th and yet nothing I'll greatly appreciate your input my NL family
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Motayo97:

The deadline for deposit payment is actually from the school not applyboard

Thanks for this clarification.
I have been making a lot of calculation since, and it amount to the same on the School's website.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Favouriteguy: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2022
Can someone please help with link for a finance related certificate program and school? Preferably one that is cheap and available for May 2023.

Thank you guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: oracle2583 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.