Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219753 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2022
Good evening all,

Pls i need assistance. Im on the trade portal trying to make payment for school fees. The school accepts fees thru flywire. Pls how do i fill the tradeportal where exactly should i put the flywire details. I'm confused pls. Kindly assist ASAP pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HeavenlyHolines(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
thanks, I really appreciate
johnstan:

You might wait forever for a response to you question as no one has info about universities and their programs like Google would tell you.

First thing to do is Google, look for DLI colleges/universities in Canada,
Secondly, pick a school and look through their programs to confirm if they offer your choice of program
Thirdly, check their tuition cost, tuition deposits, deferral/withdrawal and refund policies and then you're good to go.

It's a tedious search but you will need to do it.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DandyJ: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hello Everybody,

Happy to be part of this room, a friend referred me here.
There is alot to learn, questions to ask, i have read some pages but forgive me its a whole lot and i couldnt do all the reading.

I will drop a few question, be nice to me and answer if you got info.
@CharitoJames you have been an inspiration and it is obvious you are winning this already.
God bless you always.

To every other person always helping, you guys are SIMPLY D BEST.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kanekade:
Happy Sunday NL fam

Brace up for a long read

This Canada journey is one to be prepared for mentally even before applying for admission. Some of us that are lucky enough to have friends and family that have relocated successfully have all said the same thing “it’s worth the wait” and personally I think anything good is definitely worth waiting for.
I reluctantly started this Canadian journey in 2018. 2018,2019 I’d apply for schools either admission came late or I was on the waitlist or rejected, unknown to me then those choices had no educational advancement or career progression so dem for even deny me. 2020 Covid. Then I decided to use the whole 2021 to prepare to meet up with fall 2022. Planned to apply Dec 2021 for fall 2022 but I ended up applying myself April 2022. During the wait, I had only one thing in mind, If they deny me na to reapply and tackle the VOs concern with a professional the next time but I sha finally submitted this application I’ve been dragging myself to complete since 2018. l could be in Canada in less than a year ….. or Not but I finally submitted.

I wasn’t anxious about it all 4months+ while I was waiting but you see those 2days between BVL and final decision omo my heart skipped every time my phone light came up I just dey check mail, check spam, check portal. Well my application was denied this time last week for insufficient finances, notes expected month end. I’m reapplying a second time but definitely not a third (God forbid). I don Dey look other options in Uk, Australia and some European countries but I’m definitely giving this a second go. Who knows it might take just a month this time or … more. na only IRCC know like this.
Hi , sorry about the Refusal . Since they said Financial reason caused the denial. Please can you give a breakdown of how Your Proof of funds and finances looked like ? So we can learn

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
Tessyugbajah:
I don't know where to start from, thats why I'm asking here, maybe someone has done the uk �� visa and gotten it. He or she would have one or two ideas

A friend of mine traveled 14th of February to UK. We were supposed to travel together but I chosed to do my Nysc first and also I changed my mind from UK to Canada. Meanwhile I followed up on her Processes. Unlike Canada , the UK Visa officer need statement of Account for just one Month (actually 28 days) Lump sum is not a red unlike Canada. I think the POF was around 8 million naira .
Her school fees for 2 years is 14k pounds .
Like everything went went smoothly. From getting admission ( school application fee is free unlike Canada 135 cad and etc ) , to getting her CAS to getting her PPR to Traveling Lol . All these happened within the space of 3 months. Anyways she's in UK now together with all her siblings They're all happy they've left Nigeria . I wish her the best.

She got all her Information from the UK student visa Route Thread here on Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blackmandreams: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2022
I rented a two apartment in Vancouver, BC. I am looking to share it with a Nigerian guy living in or moving to Vancouver. Rent Is $1800, that’s $900/month each everything is included in the rent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amen2025: 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2022
Chiziteremary:

Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name

Congratulations dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by krissconnect(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Please if I wanna pay for the SEVIS fee, will it be in central market rate or black market.
PS: someone's helping me pay for it through his bank so I wanna know how much here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2022
krissconnect:
Please if I wanna pay for the SEVIS fee, will it be in central market rate or black market.
PS: someone's helping me pay for it through his bank so I wanna know how much here
Sevis is for the usa , this is Canada thread. Check ustraveldocs for the rate the embassy charges, payments are made via GTBank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ToryWoods(m): 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2022
Oreoluwamipo:
Hello , thank you for your response , i have been tracking the passport and it keeps showing that passport is in Lagos , i have also called DHL and was told that the passport is still with VFS.. I paid for 2way delivery , but can my sister in Lagos go pick up my Passport for me? Cause i really dont understand this delay , its exactly 2weeks today and my flight is next week, i also need to upload the stamped page to my school to get an enrollment letter. Someone please help ooooo , I'm so worried right now

Hey. I got your mail. But I can’t access the email again. Could you text on the number quoted here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hello house,

Which one is more faster and details between GCMS notes or CBSA notes. I can't just afford to order for the two.

My application is a day exceed the processing time today.

I applied June 25 and today is September 26, eligibility Aug.26 and i am waiting for medical request.

I am just too mentally tired ,loose weight and getting to loose interest self..

L

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Preshine: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
This is my thread. I believe God for miracles. This is where I will share my testimony. I book my PPR space.
Gigdraft:
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR VISA IS UNDUELY DELAYED

I have noticed multiple complaints on this platform about the inordinate processing period for study permit applications. I empathize and could relate with the anxiousness, agita, distress, and uneasiness that are behind these complaints.

Therefore, to bring relief and enlightenment, I have decided to offer insight on the right decision to take when your application is delayed. I love to say little but in my little, you will find a walloping fragment of sense. Hence, I will keep this write-up to the shortest length.

What do you do when you experience an undue visa delay?

1. Raise a Customer Service Enquiry (CSE) Via the IRCC Webform Medium
The webform is the most efficient and quickest channel of reaching the Canada Immigration Department to process your application. This medium was specially designed to make application tracking easier. Thus, it is the mama that you run to when your application exceeds the current processing duration.

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO RAISE A CUSTOMER SERVICE ENQUIRY:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

The process is simple and illustrative.

2. Send an Email to the Department Processing Your Application
Before you do this, ensure you have waited for 5 working days. If there is no response, then please go ahead and send them an email. As far as Nigerian applicants are concerned, most applications are processed at the Nairobi Office, so here is an email address that you should employ: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

3. Contact a Member of Parliament (MP)
Once you have completed Step 1 and Step 2 and yet there is no change in your application, then you should create a friendship with patience for an additional 2 weeks. If after that, there is still no update of any kind, then you can write a Member of Parliament (MP) within the jurisdiction of your proposed institution. The office of the MP has unrestrained access to the Home Office, Home Secretary, and Immigration Minister. Such an office is equipped enough to raise an inquiry on your case, and you know what that could do to your application.

I must caution you to be as polite as possible while doing this. Your issue is with the IRCC and not the MP

4. Hire an Immigration Lawyer
Note: before you resort to this option, you must have ordered your GCMS note to ascertain what is causing the delay. If the GCMS note does not help, then instruct your lawyer to submit a Formal Request Letter on your behalf. Trust me, this has always worked. But, if it doesn’t you have the last option.

5. Request an Order of Mandamus from a Federal High Court
This is an option I can only recommend to people whose applications have lasted for more than a year. When you obtain a writ of mandamus, the IRCC officials would have no choice but to prioritize the decision on your application. So far so good, I have not seen any mandamus that wasn’t honored within 60 days. But, as I earlier stated, make it your last resort.

I have spared precious time to compose this for your enlightenment, and I hope it helps someone out there.

Quote me when you have your PPR because it shall surely come!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Johnmark247:

Having been one of the inspirers we've notably had on this platform since at least January 2022, the outcome of your application melted my heart just as it had to some of us here. Considering all stones thrown at you most times, yet you remained persevered. All the NSPPD prayers you linked people to, just to put their heads up in their tough moments. I personally would be of the suggestion and encouragement you don't pull the plug. Charitojames, "you're a fighter" to say the least. I challenge you to fight back and have that "Golden Smile" at last. God Is Still Saying Something!!!

This made me cry..: I’m not a quiter… it hasn’t ended yet

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
DandyJ:
Hello Everybody,

Happy to be part of this room, a friend referred me here.
There is alot to learn, questions to ask, i have read some pages but forgive me its a whole lot and i couldnt do all the reading.

I will drop a few question, be nice to me and answer if you got info.
@CharitoJames you have been an inspiration and it is obvious you are winning this already.
God bless you always.

To every other person always helping, you guys are SIMPLY D BEST.

Amen!! Thanks and welcome on board
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzoamaka123: 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2022
Their service is top notch to be honest.

I used them last year.

I also paid online for my flight then

You can go to their office sha
To be on a safe side
Book on hold so the price won’t change then go there
Olashile147:

This one nah double chance u enter if you go send money... Go to their office and make enquires.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femiolorun(m): 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2022
[quote author=NGOZIGLORI post=116838579][/quote]

this form A is an issues when i wanted to make payment the truth is that the dead line Fanshawe give, form A will not do the magic if you have limited time, the best is to get someone to pay for you or you go thru aboki stuff
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kichi2000: 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hello lovely people. Please does anyone have a sample affidavit of return they can share on this platform? Thanking you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2022
Since CharitoJames Refusal , Omo! A lot of Persons Morale just go down . These whole Canada Movement No easy at all. Up till Now we really don't know what the Visa officers Really and Really Look at for . It's just a 50/50 things las las . It's well o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ypu are right, this canada thing is not easy I swear. Ever since I heard of her refusal, I just became discouraged.
KellyTech007:
Since CharitoJames Refusal , Omo! A lot of Persons Morale just go down . These whole Canada Movement No easy at all. Up till Now we really don't know what the Visa officers Really and Really Look at for . It's just a 50/50 things las las . It's well o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RelaxingEnd: 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good evening all,

Pls i need assistance. Im on the trade portal trying to make payment for school fees. The school accepts fees thru flywire. Pls how do i fill the tradeportal where exactly should i put the flywire details. I'm confused pls. Kindly assist ASAP pls

Which flywire details in particular?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nextBIGthing: 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2022
The worst pain is when you cannot decide whether to wait or just give up

May God grant our hearts desires.

Las las what will be will be.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by krissconnect(m): 2:10am On Sep 27, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

Sevis is for the usa , this is Canada thread. Check ustraveldocs for the rate the embassy charges, payments are made via GTBank.
Thanks. I've seen it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 4:40am On Sep 27, 2022
KellyTech007:

I talked am that day,I think say na only me ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 4:41am On Sep 27, 2022
My good testimony is coming forth today today by God's grace.

Watch out for my PPR!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tessyugbajah: 5:02am On Sep 27, 2022
Thanks for sharing. I on that day of the medical I when the xray came out, the doctor told me and said since I came from delta, he book me for the sputum test immediately. I did the test for the next three days and the following week, he send the result, so my result was sent on the 25th of July that the medical result has been sent and on the 26th of July I got the mail from London requesting for the sputum test which I have already done. So the doctor said I should take any action and just hold on for my result which came out negative and I have been ask to come back next month 13th for the last x-ray. Before I got that mail from IRCC that I didn't comply with the medical examination. I have contacted IOM and they said I should write IRCC and show them the reply and result they gave me.
Johnmark247:

Its quite unfortunate this transpired. However, on what date did you receive that sputum (TB) test email from the London Panel Physician and on what date did you go for the sputum sample collection? This is because, IRCC gives 90days time frame from the date they alerted you to go for this additional medical test. Hence, kindly respond to the above then we shall figure out what excatly webt wrong. As i also received same email from same London Panel Physician.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tessyugbajah: 5:07am On Sep 27, 2022
Do you mind sharing your contact details. So we can get to communicate faster please. Because I really don't know what to do
Johnmark247:

Its quite unfortunate this transpired. However, on what date did you receive that sputum (TB) test email from the London Panel Physician and on what date did you go for the sputum sample collection? This is because, IRCC gives 90days time frame from the date they alerted you to go for this additional medical test. Hence, kindly respond to the above then we shall figure out what excatly webt wrong. As i also received same email from same London Panel Physician.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tessyugbajah: 5:09am On Sep 27, 2022
If im to count the working days from that day. Its 45 to 50 working days now. And I have done the sputum test even before then.
Johnmark247:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 5:17am On Sep 27, 2022
Tynn4:
Sorry about this sis. My son's letter of refusal came few days ago after their usual delay. He applied in May and the sad news came few days ago. Well, all things work together to them that trust the Lord. We have decided to reapply for him, trusting God for good success.

I know how you feel but please don't be discouraged. Order the GCMS Notes and know what is the issue and reapply again. God has a perfect plan for you and He will accomplish that wish perfect you Charitojames. You are blessed and highly favored.

I’m sorry about this ma’am. It’s well God is perfecting everything that concerns him this time around in a bigger way. How lovely is it to see a mother going extra miles for her children’s future to be better and happier, for this alone may GOD bless and preserve you to enjoy your labour amen.
GOD will answer your prayers this time around amen. Love et light

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 5:19am On Sep 27, 2022
Adeade98:
My good testimony is coming forth today today by God's grace.

Watch out for my PPR!!!!

Gloryyyyyyyyy amen amen
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 6:02am On Sep 27, 2022
Oluwapelumeedah:
Ypu are right, this canada thing is not easy I swear. Ever since I heard of her refusal, I just became discouraged.

NO My Bro/Sis rather speak positively in your life and it will happen as you’ve said it GOD listens to our silent prayers. You don’t need to be discouraged because you both have different destinies, Grace and different plans from the most high. Visa approval from my experience is not about face, name or financial status (most times). I’ll advise we pray fervently and leave the rest for God. You don’t know weather God is prepping her for USA or next best available options. I understand she’s a nice person, been helpful et all but we all are destined for different types of greatness (at God’s appointed time) so do not be discouraged please.
Myself I was to resume October 03 but am yet to apply. On Sunday I asked her if she applied in April and she said yes O, seeing her timeframe since then I was scared that ah then what will be my case when I’m yet to apply (TIME FRAME). So I just pray and allow God to do His work.

I still know and believe that God is prepping her for a more greater miracle, @charitojames that’s my prayer for you because I know your strong, resilient and full of positive vibes God is working on your testimony.

@Oluwapelumeedah let me now burst your bubbles; I’m from Cameroon, my experience with travel especially USA and Europe most often I’ve seen cases of rich people I mean rich people get rejected, while an average person will just get approved even on first attempt (in most cases). Another one is travel history I can categorically say that 95% of my friends abroad traveled on their first attempts with zero travel history ��� so you see? Same thing with American DV lottery I have many friends who were no body’s (IQ and Financial wise) during primary, secondary even uni days but played DV lottery with just 1000 XAF Frs (~N990 currently) but God blessed they won and today most of them are already citizens and doing very well. So in essence GRACE no get age mate, Ei no Savi Poor or Rich man, ei no even send your face it just works for the GOOD of those who love and trust GOD.

I’ll finally say that we just need to speak good things upon ourselves and lives, pray fervently and trust the Lord, he will always answer when we cry to him. Good luck to all those expecting their PPRs, for those that got refused I encourage you to reapply if you can or try other options there is always a silver lining at the end. As for myself who is yet to apply, I just know He will do it for me and us all. It will end in praises therefore more PPRs incoming today and this week.
Love et light FAM ❤️�

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2022
OlaqR:

Please, can you throw more light on this condition.

Thank you.

Yes, you need to inform IRCC since it's more than 150 days.

If you deferred and your new start date is more than 150 days after your old start date, you need to upload your new LOA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.