Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220889 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2022
OLAMINREWA:

Mr. Man. I think you all need to be cool with this fellow at this point. You all know the contents of generic refusal note and you kept pressing and disturbing her to give you what she doesn't have. You don't expect her to have her GCMS note by now. She is passing through a phase, let her be at least for now. Just as she mentioned, people get refused everyday here without coming out to say it. For letting the house know of her status alone means she gat some balls..... This is not the time to say all manners of I'll word to her because of your selfishness. Do you think everyone sleep and wake up on NL as you do. Please you all should drop this your entitlement mentality as if she owes you. Is it by force to give you the reasons of her refusal, especially when she doesn't have the real reasons.

@bepositive11, are you feeling intimidated with properties? She hasn't said anything bad about you. Seems you are happy about her refusal.

I know she’s happy and that’s Okay too.
At least someone understands me. It’s not easy to talk about this.. this is the reason people die of depression in this country because Nigerians feel they are entitled to your best moods anytime they need you to relate. Notes I ordered August is yet to arrive. I have not even placed another one based on this refusal.
I mentioned my home ties and it’s a problem to her. She’s too quick to talk about attitude but hers isn’t any better… she should rejoice and mock my refusal… i am waiting to congratulate her.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2022
una too like quarrel for here.
if her attitude disgusts you, is the most prudent thing to do to respond with same disgusting attitude.

you be man na, you for just ignore the attitude, that's maturity.

For the records, charitojames, you really need to work on yourself. i don't want to mince words with you.
bepositive11:
I am honestly disgusted by your attitude. Go and read my comment again and see whether it warranted such a disgusting response. Is it because of your bank balance and properties that you have such an ugly attitude?

Do you think having the properties and bank balance you have is enough to convince the visa officer that you will return and that you're eligible for a study permit? FYI, your POF can be a double edged sword. And there are many other factors that they consider.

I'm sure you wrote your SOP and sponsorship letter with that same attitude. Keep feeling entitled. Nonsense!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by clodd007(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2022
pls ...am trying to apply to nscc but tried my firstbank mastercard to pay the application fee of 75 cad but was declined ..how can i go about this ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2022
olokings:
Holla @Bepositive

Were you responding to the post you quoted? I am shocked at your disgust with her, because i dont see the phrase in that whole paragraph that irked you this much.

She literally opened her profile, which I surmise she was keeping until her notes come out before she can make some sense out of it, but your kinda took it personally to feel she seems entitled because she presumed her application was water tights given her ecomonic situation is fairly stable.

Please we should try and be open minded here and not raise dislike simply because someone in naija who allegedly is enjoying the milk & honey of the land wants to jump ship. Most times, these decisions aren't about going to look for greener pastures (money issues) out there.

In my humble opinion, this your position is drawn from a place i can not mention, and not necessarily from the post you quoted. Unless there are inferences i am yet to be aware of.

PS: People react to trigger situations differently so lets allow people to "feel" they way they need to and deal with it.

Truth is, i don’t know what the ish is… this girl always picks on me… Others will make comments, she would pick on mine and see something wrong in it… Smh.. Na me get refusal, na she dey feel insulted. I don’t even understand her but i won’t respond her again. She has mocked my refusal, forgetting she hasn’t gotten a response herself. God help her because i will sooo dig up that comment of hers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:02am On Sep 27, 2022
olokings:
abeg wait for your notes. All these speculations are baseless.

Patiently wait oh because even if i want to reapply today… na same things i go use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2022
digits234:
Wow! I can only advise you wait for the Notes, and re-apply. After your vacation and man-loving, of course grin

God's gat u..

Lmao… abi now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2022
Thomsyne:

Omo, at this point, its only God and the person that reviewed your file that knows what's up. At times, these guys make mistakes too.
I remember seeing the story of a guy that was refused because the VO thought the level of education he was going for was lower than what he currently had and they were wrong.

He had to get docs from he school and all that to prove. So till the notes come sha.
And take that vacation, this life na one abeg.

I already started planning my vacation last night. No be me them go kill. Make i go replenish

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2022
You applied august and the wait is mentally distressing lol smh

Ojukwudfugitive:
Good morning, folks. I submitted my application on the 5th of August 2022, Biometrics done on the 9th of August and updated the same day. Up front medical done before I submitted my application and was updated to "passed" on the 25th of August.
Since then, no hearing from IRCC.
Is there any August applicant here who has received ppr? This wait is mentally distressing!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:08am On Sep 27, 2022
tanna01:
Good morning house,

Please as advised by @Bobomaigida I decided to look out for colleges in Canada, then I saw Douglas College. Please does anyone have an insight about this school because application starts soon.
I also saw this on the school's website but I sent a mail for confirmation, but no response yet. Please can anyone assist to confirm if PGD courses are accredited before I submit and make payment for application fee.

Thank you house.

Hi Tanna, which course are you interested in? The college is a DLI so that is a good thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2022
amila20042001:
una too like quarrel for here.
if her attitude disgusts you, is the most prudent thing to do to respond with same disgusting attitude.

you be man na, you for just ignore the attitude, that's maturity.

For the records, charitojames, you really need to work on yourself. i don't want to mince words with you.

I am not working on anything for anyone… if people don’t have empathy to understand that i got a refusal and coming here to inform you people isn’t enough… I decided to rest small and all i get is people forcing me to talk about it::: How many people will come here to say they were refused? I also mentioned waiting for my notes. Do you know what i am passing through? How has your own attitude helped me? Did you read the message you are responding to to see what i said to him/her?
I am human too and don’t expect me to be perfect.. because i am not. You people should free me.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2022
You're freed.

any other person wey go worry you for this thread, i go pick on that person, cos you follow dey make this place sweet.

No forget those 2 things wey you recommend for yourself, you need am, you really need am. Life na once

CharitoJames:

I am not working on anything for anyone… if people don’t have empathy to understand that i got a refusal and coming here to inform you people isn’t enough… I decided to rest small and all i get is people forcing me to talk about it::: How many people will come here to say they were refused? I also mentioned waiting for my notes. Do you know what i am passing through? How has your own attitude helped me? Did you read the message you are responding to to see what i said to him/her?
I am human too and don’t expect me to be perfect.. because i am not. You people should free me.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2022
CharitoJames:

Yes I haven’t said anything because I don’t know the reasons yet and I can’t rely on their generic reasons that they drop for everyone not until my notes are out.
But if you insist then the reason is they don’t believe i will return after studies.. Does that make sense to you? With my property papers… 3 different properties i used as home ties and the 4th property being the house i presently live in. Houses and shops on rent. My application was self sponsored. My POF had a closing balance of 15M, no lump sums.. Properties worth over 180M.. etc. So if you were the VO, what issues would you have with this application? Why would i want to abandon everything i have in my home country and remain in Canada? If a property was sold to raise POF! They can say.. i would also sell the other properties and remain in Canada… Is Canada heaven.

Feel free to tell me the reason for my refusal… i am waiting. I also attached all the deed and survey plan papers to my application.
So you see why i said i am not relying on the reason they stated? Because people that used just family as hometies get approval.

So I can’t place my fingers because they didn’t mention home ties or financial status… so what then?

Hi , Aside all these did you pay the tuition fee ? If yes How much ?

Like I said yesterday, Up till now we don't know what these people really and truly look at for . The whole visa thing is not a straight one like U.K that's why our folks keep leaving for the U.K. These Canadian Visa officers see Nigerians differently from the World. Anyways I'm going to give Canada a shot just one time , If it doesn't work out , I'll go to U.K mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2022
bepositive11:
I am honestly disgusted by your attitude. Go and read my comment again and see whether it warranted such a disgusting response. Is it because of your bank balance and properties that you have such an ugly attitude?

Do you think having the properties and bank balance you have is enough to convince the visa officer that you will return and that you're eligible for a study permit? FYI, your POF can be a double edged sword. And there are many other factors that they consider.

I'm sure you wrote your SOP and sponsorship letter with that same attitude. Keep feeling entitled. Nonsense!

Hi , What Originally is your Problem ?

Have a great day.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2022
Hello NL Fam,

so just putting this out there. When applying for study visa with the IRCC, at the bearest minimum the following questions MUST be answered

Why study in Canada?
why not study in Nigeria
What are your educational goals?
what will be the impact & value of the program you are going for study in your business / employment / future endeavours when you return to Nigeria?
What are your home ties? - viewed from the lense of Family, Economy, Financial, career prospects, etc.
what are you job experience / skills gaps / career experience that warrants or establish the need for the study?
why the specific university / college chosen? - viewed from the lense of facilities, community, infrastructure, etc.
what is your travel history (if your have)? - mention all visa denials with reasons, give one liners to the why you made those travels to demonstrate that you are mostly intentional in all of your ventures.
what is your proof of means of financial support (POF)? - state amounts to show tuition + living expense (for full duration of program) + miscelleanous expense + buffer + flight ticket (return). mention any and all spikes in your transactions (lump sums), mention any loan obligations shown as deductions in your accounts (you can even use them as home ties)
FOR THOSE TRAVELLING WITH FAMILY -
why are you travelling with the family for the study period? - viewed from the lense of not wanting to break the family unit, you are the best person to take care of your dependents, you have never been apart from your family, you need the emotional support to excel academically, keeping the family as a single unit is required to maintain stability and manage the risk of seperation and estranged relationships etc.

Now most importantly, start with a good self-introduction, and DONT MISS EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO REITERATE WHY & WHEN YOU WILL RETURN TO NIGERIA TO DO SOMETHINGS YOU HAVE SPECULATED IN THE PARAGRAPH YOU ARE DISCUSSION AT THE MOMENT.

I particularly literally mentioned the date of & how i will return with my family as a closing of every paragraph in my 16 pages SOP. that will continually drum it in the VO's mind that this person is enthusiastic about coming back home to do this and that. However, you have to be strategic, dont just copy and paste "i am coming back home on this date to do this" else it will boomerang on you. rather let the statement be a closing to the reasons you argued in the paragraph. for example, during arguement of financial obligations as economic ties, you can state that returning home on XY date will enable you to resume loan obligations to your lender in order not to miss out on opportunity costs of ABC.... you see what i did there?

Finally, ensure that every argument you put forward in answering the questions above are BACKED UP WITH VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE, even if the VO may / may not verify them, just make sure you are not forging or misrepresenting anything, because only one misrepresentation found out will discredit everything else. Then, each and every one of us have unique profiles and situation, use that to customize your case representation and dont think that if you copy and paste someone else's profile who passed will assure your success.

Good luck to us all.

PS: I am NOT an SOP WRITTER NOR REVIEWER so i wont be able to start responding to DMs. drop your messages here let the gurus (they are plenty here and know themselves) respond to you.

ciao

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2022
IMHO, i think it is 20% luck. They have a weighted checklist which you must score through to get a pass.

if we continue thinking we can package anything and hope the VO's mind will be touched by a sky daddy at the time and pass us like that, then we are yet to learn from WASSCE and JAMB UTME.

The list is long and not all of the items apply to every body, but once they review your profile, they will score you against any and all applicable elements.

ciao

digits234:
At the end ehn, this SP mata na 80% Luck. Some VOs dey wake up in the morning in para mode. Na to pray make one's file no reach those kinds.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2022
To me, that statement was a simple "INDIFFERENT" response.
simply means, you can retort based on her profile reveal and the generic inference of POF (economic and financial ties) which should have enough weight to give her a pass.

There was no ill intent percieved putting it in & out of context. In my own opinion that is.

bepositive11:
She edited her response. Go and read the response I quoted. She ended telling me "Feel free to tell me the reason for my refusal… i am waiting."

What was that suppose to mean?

With the ending she has added, it's not as bad as it was when I read the first one.

She does seem to think that her properties and balance are enough to convince the VO that she will leave Canada though. It's more complicated than that.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Balloo(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2022
Ok, will do. Thank you very much.

Frankielilbaby:

No and you can view that from the VFS office but I would advise you get a biometric collection letter before booking an appointment. IRCC can be very unpredictable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 11:51am On Sep 27, 2022
Use a dollar card or virtual dollar card where you can load with Naira but at black market rate to make the payment. Wallet Africa is one virtual dollar card that is reliable
clodd007:
pls ...am trying to apply to nscc but tried my firstbank mastercard to pay the application fee of 75 cad but was declined ..how can i go about this ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abeg441: 11:51am On Sep 27, 2022
OLAMINREWA:
Form A gives you the opportunity to make your payment at CBN rate while the later (wire transfer) is through black market or aboki rate. The difference is much anyways.

Yes you can do wire transfer directly to the designated bank in Canada (either to the school through flywire or directly to the school if the school allows that)

Form A takes averagely 4-6 weeks depending on the bank you use.

I think Access bank, Heritage bank, globus bank and few others have good ratings.

Please wait for additional contribution from the house

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tanna01: 11:52am On Sep 27, 2022
Financial analysis. What I don't understand is the part where it's stated that their PGD courses are not accredited by ACBSP due to insufficient credits hours or serve as transfer courses. All I need is more insight about the school before paying and submitting.

Thank you
Bobomaigida:

Hi Tanna, which course are you interested in? The college is a DLI so that is a good thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OYELEYEIFEOLUWA: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hello Great Nairalandians.
Thank you all the free consultations and experience sharing so far.

I got admission for winter 2023 but I haven't been able to apply for study permit because the tuition deposit I am supposed to pay
has taken over a month now with FORM A payment. I am applying for a bachelors degree. With the year remaining just 3 month I need to know whether it's logical apply now or I should defer the admission to fall.
Thanks.
God Abeg!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
Your concern has been addressed above. Additionally, if you have any relative, friend or trusted person outside Nigeria that can help with it also will be fine. CBN is pressing our neck with fruitless and evil policies

clodd007:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
Winter is around the corner, time of disbursement of your funds through Form A is subject to availability of FX. In your best interest, deferral may be your best bet.

OYELEYEIFEOLUWA:
Hello Great Nairalandians.
Thank you all the free consultations and experience sharing so far.

I got admission for winter 2023 but I haven't been able to apply for study permit because the tuition deposit I am supposed to pay
has taken over a month now with FORM A payment. I am applying for a bachelors degree. With the year remaining just 3 month I need to know whether it's logical apply now or I should defer the admission to fall.
Thanks.
God Abeg!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2022
CharitoJames:

How are you doing?

How are you coping?

Abeg no take am too much on yourself, everything will fall in place.

God bless you and direct you to know what next to do.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Momoftwins: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
Please can you guide me on how to generate an invoice from flywire’s website.
RelaxingEnd:

I don't know the method of payment your school accepts, but if your school uses flywire, then you'll have to generate an invoice from there. The invoice comes together with an authorization letter authorizing the transaction and flywire receiving the money on behalf of your school, which they'll proceed to deliver to the school. You'll fill the necessary details on tradesystems and upload the invoice from flywire. Also check if other things are in place before submitting.

If your school doesn't use flywire, I'm sure they've provided their account details which you'll fill in tradesystems.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
Pls house I need some clarification gained admission with a college in Ontario for January 23, from d loook of things cos of POF will submit my documents next year around February can I defy for May or September 23.
Secondly as divorcee with a daughter is it advisable to apply as a single mother or apply as a divorcee?I have custody of my daughter
Thirdly how do I prove the source of my POF cos I’ve been building it up in my dom account making cash d posits in d bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2022
Lord Jesus, I know I'm not worthy by any standard but your mercy and grace qualified me for PPR.
May 21st applicant believing God for a miracle this new week.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
Since you read the edited response first, I can understand why you have that opinion.

The bolded is so not true though. They consider many other factors like employment opportunities in home country, potential salary, employment history, etc. Assets is not enough.

olokings:
To me, that statement was a simple "INDIFFERENT" response.
simply means, you can retort based on her profile reveal and the generic inference of POF (economic and financial ties) which should have enough weight to give her a pass.

There was no ill intent percieved putting it in & out of context. In my own opinion that is.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Khalifah7459: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2022
IRCC don give me breakfast this morning
Reasons:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
Khalifah7459:
Reasons:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

Oluwa o!

What’s happening nau?

I’m so sorry about this. Please order your notes ASAP to know what next to do.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnmark247: 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
Tessyugbajah:
Do you mind sharing your contact details. So we can get to communicate faster please. Because I really don't know what to do

Please do check your email, i did drop you a message via your NL handle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2022
Khalifah7459:
Reasons:

They should have just said ,Hello _______, As the Visa officer in charge of your Application ,I don't feel like giving you visa to come to my country, you can try other countries.

But instead they're wasting our time. Spending many months before giving a decision . Wo ! I never even apply for Visa Application I don dey lose hope . Anyways I'll still give a shot and see what happens.

Sorry about your denial , I don't even know if you say try again or try other country. Sorry Jare.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.