Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1217843 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
olokings:
i think what you are asking is how are you going to proove source of funds....

there are flags you need to address.

- you have more than enough money for the study venture. good. but from where did the money come.
- funds is fixed in a joint account between you and your dad. who earned the money? did your dad fix it with you as a co-owner of what is the structure of the joint funds investment like?
- your dad do not have a good paying job with bank statement. this totally contradicts your first submission. so it is safe to assume that you are the primary owner of the fixed investment funds. so how and why do your dad come in?
- cycle back to the notification that you are a recent school leaver. how did you come about the said funds and again, why is your dad a co-owner?
- if you have the funds fixed and available right now... why are you not progressing with your visa application

Your dad cannot sponsor you, you cannot proove source of funds (i assume), do you have digital assets, or how did you really come about the funds.

The above as salient issues that needs to be addressed.

i will reply you private email, perhaps you have information that you cannot give here. however, i will analyse your submissions further and give recommendations as best as i can. however, i will come back here and use it as a case study for lessons learned.

ciao

Hi , Thanks for your Response. I sent you an email and yes I'll explain better privately. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
Teejackz11009:
Please Guys I need a Quick Response to this Question..When trying to Pay for an Upfront Medical what should i use as Payment Narration..Should I Put the Reference written at the Top of the Slip or Do I put My Passport Number as Narration

The narration is not important. Make your payment, generate your successful transfer receipt and print it out. That's what you need.

When going for your test go along with the print out, your international passport and your booking confirmation letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Buks03:

Let me be the first to congratulate myself�
Congratulations Zee���

Alhamdulilah!!
Alhamdulilah!!
Alhamdulilah!!
I can’t thank God enough. It can only be you
Masha’Allah ��
I prayed for a miracle and God did it. I’m Grateful.

My Application wasn’t the best but God made it perfect.

1st time Applicant (My Application was done by an agent, but I had access to my portal)
No travel history
No career Progression (Bsc: Geology, occupation: Safety Consultant for over 4years)
Applied for a post sec Certificate course (PSW )

Application: June 15
Biometrics: June 22
Medical Exam: July 25
Eligibility: August 17
Medical Passed: September 8
BVL: October 3
PPR: October 4

Contacted MP twice: I was told my application is on further review (processing time does not apply ) both times.

Documents submitted:

- [x] passport photograph
- [x] Passport data page
- [x] Birth certificate
- [x] Police report
- [x] SOP (3pages)
- [x] Bsc Transcript
- [x] Bsc Certificate
- [x] Waec Result
- [x] NYSC certificate
- [x] Other Professional Certificates
- [x] Letter of Acceptance
- [x] Tuition Deposit receipt (8800cad)
- [x] 5months Personal Statement of Account ( 3.8m)
- [x] 6months mother’s Account Statement (20m plus) No Proof of income. I only stated in my SOP she run a clothing business. Her company is registered but i didn’t use it coz she doesn’t have a company’s account.
- [x] My Mother’s NIN(I wanted to submit her international passport coz she has traveled to different countries my agent told me not to submit it)
- [x] My Mother’s land receipt alone.
- [x] Family pictures.
- [x] Sponsorship letter from my mum.
- [x] Affidavit of Sponsorship.
- [x] Letter of Employment ( Didn’t submit payslip because I work based on commission )
- [x] Study leave letter

I applied Thinking my application was the best, Until I joined this group ���
Moral of the story: You’ll never know until you try. do your best and let God do the rest.

To those expecting their PPR. I hope you get it very soon.

Thanks to everyone for your contribution. God bless you all. And Yes it doesn’t stop here, May we have so many reasons to celebrate one another.Insha Allah ������

Mehn…. This feeling ������

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by icekream(m): 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
Buks03:

Congratulations Zee���

Alhamdulilah!!
Alhamdulilah!!
Alhamdulilah!!
Masha’Allah ��

1st time Applicant (My Application was done by an agent, but I had access to my portal)
No travel history
No career Progression (Bsc: Geology, occupation: Safety Consultant for over 4years)

Contacted MP twice: I was told my application is on further review (processing time does not apply ) both times.

Documents submitted:

- [x] Passport data page
- [x] Birth certificate
- [x] Police report
- [x] SOP (3pages)
- [x] Bsc Transcript
- [x] Bsc Certificate
- [x] Waec Result
- [x] NYSC certificate
- [x] 6months mother’s Account Statement (20m plus) No Proof of income. I only stated in my SOP she run a clothing business. Her company is registered but i didn’t use it coz she doesn’t have a company’s account.
- [x] My Mother’s NIN(I wanted to submit her international passport coz she has traveled to different countries my agent told me not to submit it)
- [x] Family pictures.
- [x] Letter of Employment ( Didn’t submit payslip because I work based on commission )
- [x] Study leave letter

Moral of the story: You’ll never know until you try. do your best and let God do the rest.

Thanks to everyone for your contribution. God bless you all. And Yes it doesn’t stop here, May we have so many reasons to celebrate one another.Insha Allah ������

Awwwww so happy for you, congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ebaymaestroo: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello Everyone.
Please I have concerns about a proof of funds aspect I'd like to clarify.

I am currently working on my bank balance and I have placed a significant amount on Lien. If I generate my bank statement, I always see it as part of my balance but if I check my bank app, the amount is not part of the balance, which is okay by me.

Now I heard that if I do not release the account from lien and I generate MBS to the embassy, that Amount I placed on Lien would also not show in my statement that the VO would have access to. That if I want to do it that way, the best is for me to print and submit the bank statement instead of using MBS.

Please I would like to ask and seek counsel on the best approach towards an issue like this, because someone said I should still use MBS, that there is no problem. Anothe rperson said I should print bank statement and not attempt to use MBS.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Verotroser: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2022
Good house I have problem in filling my application online with old portal
Family information I can't fill it the consor is just going to another place.
Temporary application outside Canada is not validating too is fillable too
What documents will I upload on evidence of work Requirement in study.
I where will I upload my SOP. Pls save a soul. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Honeysweetest(f): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
WOW, Congratulations.
I will like to know,why did you go for post secondary school certificate course, is it se as graduate certificate program?
Buks03:

Congratulations Zee���

Alhamdulilah!!
Alhamdulilah!!
Alhamdulilah!!
Masha’Allah ��

No travel history

Documents submitted:

- [x] Passport data page
- [x] Birth certificate
- [x] Police report
- [x] SOP (3pages)
- [x] Bsc Transcript
- [x] Bsc Certificate
- [x] Waec Result
- [x] NYSC certificate
- [x] Family pictures.
- [x] Study leave letter

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2022
ebaymaestroo:
Hello Everyone.

I am currently working on my bank balance and I have placed a significant amount on Lien. If I generate my bank statement, I always see it as part of my balance but if I check my bank app, the amount is not part of the balance, which is okay by me.

Now I heard that if I do not release the account from lien and I generate MBS to the embassy, that Amount I placed on Lien would also not show in my statement that the VO would have access to. That if I want to do it that way, the best is for me to print and submit the bank statement instead of using MBS.

Please I would like to ask and seek counsel on the best approach towards an issue like this, because someone said I should still use MBS, that there is no problem. Anothe rperson said I should print bank statement and not attempt to use MBS.

Thanks

Why not just remove the funds from lien? Oh I understand. Using MBS does not reveal if the fund is on lien or not, MBS will show transaction history and account balance. MBS shows the same thing as printed statement, the advantage of MBS is that it helps to confer legitimacy on your statement and the VO will not need to confirm the genuineness with your bank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by digits234: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
Yay! Big congratulations to you. I travelled on this day, and could only get back here since then cos classes don start like this!

I'm really happy for you. My fellow July applicant wink

lilangel20:
It is PPRRRRRRRR
2nd Time Applicant

Timeline.
First Application -November 21, 2021
Refusal- February 2nd, 2022
Reason: Based on personal asset and financial status.

2nd Application- July 2nd
Eligibility started- August 22nd, 2022
Upfront Medical- August 2, 2022
Medicals passed- August 14
PPR- September 29th

Documents submitted
POF
1. Funding letter (18,000CAD/YEAR) out of which school fees of 4,530cad would be paid
2. Statement of Account (1m)
3. Support letter from brother
4. Employment letter from brother
5. Promotion letter from brother
5. Gift deed from brother ( 700,000)
Home ties
1. Land Documents ( Not in my name)
2. Family pictures
3. Employment letter
4. 2month payslip
5. Leave approval letter ( stating my job is waiting for me)
Others
1. SOP
2. LOE
3. Companys cac
4. Companys tax clearance
5. Award from church

In all, I give glory to God...
This morning, I really poured out my heart to him...

The feeling is amazing...
I pray we all experience this

P: S : I didnt use MBS
Please use MBS O...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miimssss: 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello NLs,

Please can anyone advise ? Which airline is most affordable, with seamless travel to Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WiZiggy: 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2022
You are a genius, I love you!
olokings:
you see this life is simple. true and genuine systems are set up to make the achievement of your intent very easy. if you wanna achieve a goal, and you refuse to put in the work, the system will make it super easy for your to fail. someone who is intent on acquiring a study visa from IRCC, and do not know the position of the western world with regards to plagiarism, then do not have any business going there to study in the first place, hence the need to fail fast and fail foward by plagiarism significantly word for word a draft which is posted online. indirectly i have simply saved the system of one olodo who will go there and cause even more problems (you get the idea there!).

Furthermore, let me put it straight to you that, everyone who have applied for and gotten their study permits, even so called agents and gurus, they use a framework / format of SOP which they copied from somewhere. you just gotta know how to use reference materials when trying to solve a problem. if you dont know how to do this in the first place, then there was no way you could have been able to scale the study permit trails.

hence, i am not scared of transforming my SOPs & LOEs into draft templates. Plus, to be on the safe side, i have crossed the chasm, and passports are cooling off.. if one not so smarticles person ga'an copy and even join copy date of birth (remember those that copy matric numbers? lol), he / she will be doing the system a service for swift refusal.

i do not even need to put a caveat. just go to google and type SOP for canada study permit, you will see tons of them. so qualms.

however, the smart ones that have a real shot at this venture, will find this effort super useful. we should hide resources and be dropping only PPR statistics on the platform. it does them no service whatsoever.

plus, about reviewing people's SOP, ayam not an agent, not even a guru, plus i dont have the time to handle that, talkless of the fact that i do not like reading.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kainos22: 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
I've always liened my funds...at least since TB and FD rates became unreasonably low. When I submitted my application, my funds were liened, and my visa was granted. You can run a test by generating MBS for your own use.

ebaymaestroo:
Hello Everyone.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
Buks03:

Yes I requested for gcms note last week ( September 29 )

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
Gurus abeg I want to know how do I summit my transcript, is it that I’ll collect by hand and mail to them or it must be directly from my school to them

Please I need urgent response to this as I want to apply ASAP
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:09am On Oct 05, 2022
GloriaBekee:
Gurus abeg I want to know how do I summit my transcript, is it that I’ll collect by hand and mail to them or it must be directly from my school to them

Please I need urgent response to this as I want to apply ASAP
Thank you

Usually direct from school. You can contact your school to verify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:16am On Oct 05, 2022
eddykelechianya:
Thank you for your reply.
I am just thinking of how to relate both of them on my SOP.

Is there a reason why you want to go back to IT? I think it will seem like you didn't have much IT job opportunities in Nigeria, so you want to go to Canada and switch back to IT because of the better IT job opportunities they have.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:17am On Oct 05, 2022
Nazkid1:
Yea i applied on 17th June did biometric on 27th June upfront medicals 13th September Eligibility 27th September and Got rejected today 3rd Oct.
Yea i was Denied after all the sacrifices I’ve made, well if it’s God’s will, all thanks to him.
Documents I submitted are, my admission letter, international passport, birth certificate, proof of funds of my Aunty who is my sponsor, business registration certificate of the bank account owner (business account) Available balance 14.6m total credit 421m closing balance 20m, waec result, statement of purpose of studying in Canada, letter of sponsorship, primary school certificate and police report.

If you don't think the rejection reasons are reasonable and you still want to go to Canada, reapply and address VO's concerns.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amen2025: 12:22am On Oct 05, 2022
technix:
Hi @Divinefavrite

1. Yes, you can go with your kids. You need to show adequate funds and good home ties.

2. You can apply for study permits for all of them.

3. The US citizen doesn't need any visa application (except if you want to apply for a study permit for her). She can get a visitor record at the port of entry.

Hi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amen2025: 12:33am On Oct 05, 2022
Teejackz11009:
Please Guys I need a Quick Response to this Question..When trying to Pay for an Upfront Medical what should i use as Payment Narration..Should I Put the Reference written at the Top of the Slip or Do I put My Passport Number as Narration

How much is the medicals? Are u paying in naira or CAD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 1:41am On Oct 05, 2022
Kainos22:
I've always liened my funds...at least since TB and FD rates became unreasonably low. When I submitted my application, my funds were liened, and my visa was granted. You can run a test by generating MBS for your own use.

So in essence MBS is better than SOA?
You know I used to think MBS is requested only if your benign sponsored and your sponsor will be the one to have their MBS send.
I’m asking so because I’m also building my account for my application too. I need more clarity on that. Please.
Also the whole POF thing is becoming more complex, travel Kulture is advising me not to do POF that I’ll be banned.
My agent who doubles as director of my school says I should do POF If my SOA is insufficient for visa application.
• I got someone who can do account alterations for me to have the said account balance i need (10M) but my agent says I’ll be banned for 10yrs if I used a fake bank statement, so I’m confused if what the man want to do will be termed fake or not by IRCC.
I just tire ��‍♂️� since August 25th I’ve been hanging cus of this POF issue and my school have resumed already online.
Please is there anyone in my shoes? How did you do or someone should please advise what I should do about this. I’m just worried that I have not submitted my application yet since when I did my médicale.

Lastly has anyone successfully used or vouch Naira digital for proof of funds (someone should please answer me)

Thank you all as I await your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 1:44am On Oct 05, 2022
Amen2025:

Hi Amen2025,
Medical is 46500 and it’s paid in Naira (card).
There are two authorized health care centers by IRCC, QLIFE Family Healthcare center in Lekki and IOM in Ikeja. I used QLIFE and got my results as expected after the normal duration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uchenation: 1:45am On Oct 05, 2022
Amen2025:

Hi Amen
Medical is 46500 and it’s paid in Naira (card).
There are two authorized health care centers by IRCC, QLIFE Family Healthcare center in Lekki and IOM in Ikeja. I used QLIFE and got my results as expected after the normal duration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ebaymaestroo: 3:16am On Oct 05, 2022
Thank you so much

Bobomaigida:

Why not just remove the funds from lien? Oh I understand. Using MBS does not reveal if the fund is on lien or not, MBS will show transaction history and account balance. MBS shows the same thing as printed statement, the advantage of MBS is that it helps to confer legitimacy on your statement and the VO will not need to confirm the genuineness with your bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ebaymaestroo: 3:17am On Oct 05, 2022
I don't think they'll allow me generate MBS for personal use
Kainos22:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kainos22: 3:30am On Oct 05, 2022
MBS can be generated using your bank app. It is completely free if you are the recipient. It is delivered to your email address, and you can access it using your account number or the last four digits of your account number, depending on your bank. Running MBS tests helps you determine the best start date for your POF to show a healthy opening balance... or at least it did for me.

ebaymaestroo:
I don't think they'll allow me generate MBS for personal use

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kainos22: 4:32am On Oct 05, 2022
I would not recommend using traditional bank statements; MBS is a no-brainer for me. People have, however, submitted scanned statements or other forms of electronically generated statements apart from MBS and received approval. The choice is yours.

I don't see how arranging POF will work given the length of the bank statement required by IRCC. So you're either lucky enough to get someone to give you the funds without charging interest, or you don't mind parting with a large sum of money as interest payment. At the end of the day, any savings you have may be used to pay interest on an arranged POF. This may impact your ability to fund your studies and living expenses.

Uchenation:

You know I used to think MBS is requested only if your benign sponsored and your sponsor will be the one to have their MBS send.
I’m asking so because I’m also building my account for my application too. I need more clarity on that. Please.
Also the whole POF thing is becoming more complex, travel Kulture is advising me not to do POF that I’ll be banned.
My agent who doubles as director of my school says I should do POF If my SOA is insufficient for visa application.
• I got someone who can do account alterations for me to have the said account balance i need (10M) but my agent says I’ll be banned for 10yrs if I used a fake bank statement, so I’m confused if what the man want to do will be termed fake or not by IRCC.
I just tire ��‍♂️� since August 25th I’ve been hanging cus of this POF issue and my school have resumed already online.
Please is there anyone in my shoes? How did you do or someone should please advise what I should do about this. I’m just worried that I have not submitted my application yet since when I did my médicale.

Lastly has anyone successfully used or vouch Naira digital for proof of funds (someone should please answer me)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:46am On Oct 05, 2022

Uchenation:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 6:34am On Oct 05, 2022
Good morning
How do I send my updated admission letter to ircc please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sheyman56: 7:08am On Oct 05, 2022
My medical has been passed since September 20 and it'd expire by November 9. Do I need to do another medical test before I enter Canada even if I get my approval before it expires? �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 7:10am On Oct 05, 2022
Sheyman56:
My medical has been passed since September 20 and it'd expire by November 9. Do I need to do another medical test before I enter Canada even if I get my approval before it expires? �
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Larrypure: 7:26am On Oct 05, 2022
Pls can someone with a low GP 2.5 continue studies in manitoba as a tranfer student??

Or can he start again if can't wait to defer admission??

mrprolifik:

Let him defer his admission to the next intake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: Ivanmykel(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.