Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1217353 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 9:42am On Oct 04, 2022
johnstan:

1 yr program will get you 1 yr pgwp.

You can apply and get your pr with a 1 yr pgwp, it's only a race against time because you would have to get a job, get other requirements in place, get in the pool and wait for pr all in a yr.

It's doable because people have done it successfully.

Good luck

Please, I don't have an M.Sc yet. Will that deter my chances of getting the Canadian PR?

Please, what other requirements do I also need to put in place?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jenny255: 10:11am On Oct 04, 2022
Hi Olokings. It’s great to see that you are putting out pointers to help new applicants, but while doing so, also remember that plagiarism is real.

That’s the reason why SOP are barely posted here, because some applicants will copy it word for word and trust me when it’s flagged, it’s never good news.

You can help proof read SOP and make corrections if you can spare the time, but posting a draft of what you used, will make most applicants want to use the same thing because they’ll see it as a winning SOP.

One person using it might scale through but when a couple of people do so, the system is bound to flag it and you know it spikes trouble for their application.

Just something for you to consider.

olokings:
Hope i wont cause problems with this....
however here goes...

As a follow up with putting it out there and a few case studies...

This is a draft case submission for a family of 6 travelling with a successful decision from IRCC in august. application was processed in exactly 16 weeks.

find attached files for your utility.

reference my earlier posts for further details.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladielarrie1: 10:15am On Oct 04, 2022
Please I don't understand the start date you mentioned. Is it when I applied?
bepositive11:

Is your new start date more than 150 days after your previous start date?

If it's not more than 150 days, you don't have to inform IRCC.

If it's more than 150 days, you can send a webform at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi and an email to nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 04, 2022
olokings:
that is all folks...

till further notice, energy is spent...

main / primary applicant's SOP to be revised and uploaded at a future date... the back alread hurts

This is the main ish... the primary applicant sop. Please don't mind the lady. No one here is retarded enough to copy someone elses SOP word for word. I believe we all need this drafts to understand better how to write in a convincing essay in our own words. The lady up there is probably in the business of SOP writing

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ijliz: 10:49am On Oct 04, 2022
Please anyone going for Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering at the University of New Brunswick?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 10:54am On Oct 04, 2022
Ladielarrie1:
Please I don't understand the start date you mentioned. Is it when I applied?

No, I mean the start date of your course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jenny255: 10:56am On Oct 04, 2022
It is people like you that will rely on someone’s exact SOP to pass off as theirs, you think Canadian VO(s) are dull-witted right?

The SOP is the most important aspect of an application, that’s why it is pertinent that you Do IT Yourself!!!!

NO ONE CAN TELL YOUR STORY LIKE YOU WOULD, KNOW THIS AND EXCEL!!!

Next time if you have something to say, quote me so that I’ll give a more befitting response.

NB: This is just for other applicants that will be tricked by your write up! There are enough pointers on this thread to guide you in writing your SOP, a lot of people have posted tips that are very helpful. Use that and structure your SOP, use your own words to say it as it is.
A lot of people can help you to review it, you can also use apps like Grammarly and Prowriting Aid to check for grammatical errors and sentence construction.

PS: SOP business is the one thing I can never be involved in. It’s really dumb for you to assume that, all because you need SOP to copy!

bruno10000:

This is the main ish... the primary applicant sop. Please don't mind the lady. No one here is retarded enough to copy someone elses SOP word for word. I believe we all need this drafts to understand better how to write in a convincing essay in our own words. The lady up there is probably in the business of SOP writing

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2022
bruno10000:

Did it download and open for you?

Actually, there are people out there who copy and paste like there's no tomorrow grin

I'm not one of them though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2022
bepositive11:
I think it's much harder now though.. because the CRS cut off for EE has been quite high this year.

Do you know someone who did it after covid?

I think MyVc will have to try and get a PNP if he decides to go for a 1 year program.

Alright, thanks.

Please, will I apply for the PNP before doing the 1-year program or during the 1-year working experience

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2022
Please find attached SOP for MAIN APPLICANT

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zScFUiOhe0ZbBj-62RM7aiQMdMr0o9ic/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=117163024576214716599&rtpof=true&sd=true

All attached files can be downloaded when you click this link to the zipped files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RNAD2-VggSIGfcYAe6KPKN_MKnLtgzW/view?usp=sharing...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15RNAD2-VggSIGfcYAe6KPKN_MKnLtgzW/view?usp=sharing

olokings:
Hope i wont cause problems with this....
however here goes...

As a follow up with putting it out there and a few case studies...

This is a draft case submission for a family of 6 travelling with a successful decision from IRCC in august. application was processed in exactly 16 weeks.

find attached files for your utility.

reference my earlier posts for further details.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2022
Jenny255:
It is people like you that will rely on someone’s exact SOP to pass off as theirs, you think Canadian VO(s) are dull-witted right?

The SOP is the most important aspect of an application, that’s why it is pertinent that you Do IT Yourself!!!!

Next time if you have something to say, quote me so that I’ll give a more befitting response.

NB: This is just for other applicants that will be tricked by your write up! There are enough pointers on this thread to guide you in writing your SOP, a lot of people have posted tips that are very helpful. Use that and structure your SOP, use your own words to say it as it is.
A lot of people can help you to review it, you can also use apps like Grammarly and Prowriting Aid to check for grammatical errors and sentence construction.

PS: SOP business is the one thing I can never be involved in. It’s really dumb for you to assume that, all because you need SOP to copy!

Jenny I'm not against your view ...even if you can send me your SOP, I'll gladly accept and use it to guide mine. I'm just looking for samples, drafts to get an idea and not to copy anyone's essay. Can you share yours with me privately please? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2022
i haven't revised that right now... will be done at a convenient date before weekend..

bruno10000:

Hello sir. Do you have a draft like study permit SOP? A draft one can look at while writing theirs... I'm sorry I don't have much to pay writers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jasperonyx: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2022
Question ni ooo, studied psychology,but went into finance, worked in the bank and later registered his own company,which is into different buisness, now he wants to do master in either finance or buisness, is this possible since he studied psychology?
Also he has low gp,2.2. he is considering graduate certificate.
Any help, advise or Recommendation.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 04, 2022
olokings:
i haven't revised that right now... will be done at a convenient date before weekend..

Ok, that will be nice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2022
you see this life is simple. true and genuine systems are set up to make the achievement of your intent very easy. if you wanna achieve a goal, and you refuse to put in the work, the system will make it super easy for your to fail. someone who is intent on acquiring a study visa from IRCC, and do not know the position of the western world with regards to plagiarism, then do not have any business going there to study in the first place, hence the need to fail fast and fail foward by plagiarism significantly word for word a draft which is posted online. indirectly i have simply saved the system of one olodo who will go there and cause even more problems (you get the idea there!).

Furthermore, let me put it straight to you that, everyone who have applied for and gotten their study permits, even so called agents and gurus, they use a framework / format of SOP which they copied from somewhere. you just gotta know how to use reference materials when trying to solve a problem. if you dont know how to do this in the first place, then there was no way you could have been able to scale the study permit trails.

hence, i am not scared of transforming my SOPs & LOEs into draft templates. Plus, to be on the safe side, i have crossed the chasm, and passports are cooling off.. if one not so smarticles person ga'an copy and even join copy date of birth (remember those that copy matric numbers? lol), he / she will be doing the system a service for swift refusal.

i do not even need to put a caveat. just go to google and type SOP for canada study permit, you will see tons of them. so qualms.

however, the smart ones that have a real shot at this venture, will find this effort super useful. we should hide resources and be dropping only PPR statistics on the platform. it does them no service whatsoever.

plus, about reviewing people's SOP, ayam not an agent, not even a guru, plus i dont have the time to handle that, talkless of the fact that i do not like reading.

Jenny255:
Hi Olokings. It’s great to see that you are putting out pointers to help new applicants, but while doing so, also remember that plagiarism is real.

That’s the reason why SOP are barely posted here, because some applicants will copy it word for word and trust me when it’s flagged, it’s never good news.

You can help proof read SOP and make corrections if you can spare the time, but posting a draft of what you used, will make most applicants want to use the same thing because they’ll see it as a winning SOP.

One person using it might scale through but when a couple of people do so, the system is bound to flag it and you know it spikes trouble for their application.

Just something for you to consider.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2022
hahahaha grin grin grin cheesy

i tok am say i no wan coz pwoobleems ooh

Jenny255:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:33am On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Larrypure: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2022
Pls can someone with a low GP 2.5 continue studies in manitoba as a tranfer student??

Thomsyne:

Take heart Chief. If you'd want to re-apply, since you have just one refusal reason, order your GCMS notes - I'm sure the reason can be easily tackled. If you don't mind too:

- does your sponsor's POF cover your the entire program duration and entire living expenses? For instance, if its a 2 year course - sponsor should have $20k CAD plus entire school fees. If its 4 year course, $40k CAD plus entire school fees.

- also if sponsor is not Dad/Mum, you might want the person to send you some amount as gift deed to show committment.

I mentioned the above for two common reasons - their concern might have been that the funds shown might not cover the total expense or the VO doubts the access to funds is assured, if its third-party sponsor.

But truly, your notes will explain better. You might wanna go for apply for notes from CBSA instead cos I hear its faster.

Wish you strength, grace and direction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2022
When you're applying for PR.

MyVc:

Alright, thanks.

Please, will I apply for the PNP before doing the 1-year program or during the 1-year working experience

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:37am On Oct 04, 2022
over the course of your pivoting into a career in finance, did you acquire any credential (either certification, courses, short diplomas et al) which demonstrates your skills as an experienced practitioner in that field? what forms of development (whether self or sponsored) have your embarked on during your financial career gig?
you will need to demonstrate this and leverage it as a prerequisite for pursuing a postgrad in finance. plus you cannot just go back to psychology because you could answer the question above, mostly if you have graduated over 8 years counting now.

it is going to be difficult convincing the VO that your venture is a reasonable expense if you can not answer the questions above appropriately.

ciao

jasperonyx:
Question ni ooo, studied psychology,but went into finance, worked in the bank and later registered his own company,which is into different buisness, now he wants to do master in either finance or buisness, is this possible since he studied psychology?
Also he has low gp,2.2. he is considering graduate certificate.
Any help, advise or Recommendation.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jasperonyx: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2022
olokings:
over the course of your pivoting into a career in finance, did you acquire any credential (either certification, courses, short diplomas et al) which demonstrates your skills as an experienced practitioner in that field? what forms of development (whether self or sponsored) have your embarked on during your financial career gig?
you will need to demonstrate this and leverage it as a prerequisite for pursuing a postgrad in finance. plus you cannot just go back to psychology because you could answer the question above, mostly if you have graduated over 8 years counting now.

it is going to be difficult convincing the VO that your venture is a reasonable expense if you can not answer the questions above appropriately.

ciao, you know how Nigeria is,u may study this and you end up doing another,he do not have interest in psychology, yes he studied psychology, but ventured into something else,and his interest increased in buisness area he joined banking work in 2015,left 2016 and opened his own company,with paid workers.people do savings,he has also ventured into money loan, property loan,phone buisness,all under his company,which he opened solely for anything finance and investment,buisness.
So he do no have any certificate on it,just 7 years of experience.
He just started taking Allison course on finance,not finished yet.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by henritinecy(m): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
When filling my Canada application, I said no to previous refusals to USA applications. But I have been refused 3 applications to USA. Now the situation has been addressed and they want an explanation to that because they have seen it.

Will this affect my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jasperonyx: 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
olokings:

ciao
He finished school 2011,served 2012, sold cloyand worked in a hotel before he joined the banking sector in 2015 as a marketer,you know their job of getting money from customer to deposit in the bank.
He left 2016,started his own company 2016, started with daily contribution, then expanded more Into loans,money and property loan,phone buisness,POS buisness,all under his registered company.
He has no interest in psychology.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jasperonyx: 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2022
henritinecy:
When filling my Canada application, I said no to previous refusals to USA applications. But I have been refused 3 applications to USA. Now the situation has been addressed and they want an explanation to that because they have seen it.

Will this affect my application?
I wish you good luck in this,if you scare through this,your God indeed gracious to you.
It has been stated here severally that Canada, USA, Australia and one other country share information on their travel website
This is not something that you should toil with.
I don't know hat further to tell you, may God see you through,tell them what ever you can and pray.
Ogwugo ka oram na onu

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
bepositive11:
When you're applying for PR.

Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladielarrie1: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2022
Okay I was suppose to resume last month but I had to defer it till January.
bepositive11:

No, I mean the start date of your course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FaithCanny: 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2022
jaydave:
Biometrics again for 2nd application? Oh no!! Canada biometrics valids for 10yrs … some posts here in NL lately didn’t look real kind of…. “Then, I contacted Makano to guide me in writing the LOE” in this write up even raised a concern �..
NL travel thread isn’t what it used to be 8-10yrs ago … For 3hrs have been reading stories from diff thread and all I see is ppl complaining of scam and fake story up and down

Hmmm....actually I should have kept quiet but I knew I had to respond and make clarification.
I submitted my biometric slip again and it was acknowledged as received on that date.

If you need further enquiries, I think its better to ask than make hasty and negative assertions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2022
as a Nigerian, you dont need any English test result to apply to most schools in Canada.
Pristine664:

Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate. May I know how you started your application pls?

Is IELTS compulsory for Canada schools. Did you apply with any Language test result??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FaithCanny: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
daffy22:
It’s obviously fake. Eligibility is 15th, PPR is 12. Lol

if you check my profile, I had stated the refusal and stated the approval. This is what Nairaland is becoming, so saying I received PPR is now a sin then I think its better I keep mute. Thank you for the wealth of information received here. I rest my case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
Larrypure:
Pls can someone with a low GP 2.5 continue studies in manitoba as a tranfer student??

I don't have any info about this, sorry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.