Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220779 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Obakovicho: 12:59am On Aug 07, 2022
ybahrbz91:
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for all you do here.

I am traveling to Saskatoon this August and my flight will be stopping at Montreal. I am trying to book another flight from Montreal to Saskatoon.

Please, I would appreciate how I can go about tje booking with my 23kg X 2 baggage inclusive.
Flight date from Montreal is 23rd August.

Please, anyone here presently in Saskatoon.
I am still searching for accommodation and AirBnB seems expensive presently. Any advise.

Thank you.
I intend staying there once i japa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 1:13am On Aug 07, 2022
Pls Everyone
I am trying to apply and its my first time...

For GCkey, Pls under each section..do I need to upload documents one after the other or I merge all documents then upload once on each section..

Pls pardon my ignorance..just trying to get it right

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 07, 2022
Timaiko:

I will also need to know about this. I have dropped you message. Thanks

Message seen and replied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:54am On Aug 07, 2022
Creativebelle:
Pls Everyone
I am trying to apply and its my first time...

For GCkey, Pls under each section..do I need to upload documents one after the other or I merge all documents then upload once on each section..

Pls pardon my ignorance..just trying to get it right

Thank you

The last option after other specific options.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enddystar(m): 5:37am On Aug 07, 2022
Dear brothers & sisters in ministry,
Please I'm at a crossroad & in need of some pro insights. I want to apply for my study permit.

My company is standing as my sponsor, they are willing to provide me company bank statement to backup my application.

My concern is that on the IRCC website (screenshot attached), they only mentioned "letter from the person or school giving you money" nothing was said about a company sponsoring their employee.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belle110: 5:51am On Aug 07, 2022
LANDING GIST

Short landing gist my people, so I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos on the 5th of August and got to the airport around 10:30 am.

The first immigration officer checked my passport and told me to get in. Then I went to the EgyptAir counter. The immigration officer checked all my documents and all, scanned them and told me to go weigh my bags. A woman(another immigration officer) coordinating helped me with my bags( I gave her small money after sha).
My bags were on point, with no excess luggage or whatever. After I was issued my boarding pass to Cairo and from Cairo to Toronto.

We took off by 3:00 pm WAT and got to Cairo around 10-11 EEST, the layover was for five hours and we took off from Cairo to Toronto by 2:30 am EEST.

The food on both planes is kind of meh… Manageable and somewhat Ok.

We finally got to Toronto by 7:20 am EDT.
Now, this was the test of faith part, the queue was sooo long, I thought I will die from standing, later, they told all of us with a study visa to come to another place. We stayed there and queued there. That’s how another female immigration officer came to collect all our letters of introduction, then we were asked to sit down.
Omo, na me first get to the seat.

It was very easy, they just called our names, confirmed our date of birth and viola, I was given the study permit. They didn’t even check other documents.

The process was smooth and no hiccups whatever, but Canada is far sha.

EgyptAir broke my medium luggage at the lower side ooo, I have sha asked for compensation. Hopefully, they reply me soon.

Toronto is beautiful and quite hot now.

Ps: Just take all your documents and relax, nothing to really stress about. Having the right documents will make the process as smooth as silk for you.

The journey is worth it guys, for those waiting, I believe you will get it soon.
I appreciate all the info I have gotten here since DAY 1. Blessings to all the legends!!!

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 7:02am On Aug 07, 2022
Belle110:
LANDING GIST

Short landing gist my people, so I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos on the 5th of August and got to the airport around 10:30 am.

The first immigration officer checked my passport and told me to get in. Then I went to the EgyptAir counter. The immigration officer checked all my documents and all, scanned them and told me to go weigh my bags. A woman(another immigration officer) coordinating helped me with my bags( I gave her small money after sha).
My bags were on point, with no excess luggage or whatever. After I was issued my boarding pass to Cairo and from Cairo to Toronto.

We took off by 3:00 pm WAT and got to Cairo around 10-11 EEST, the layover was for five hours and we took off from Cairo to Toronto by 2:30 am EEST.

Now, this was the test of faith part, the queue was sooo long, I thought I will die from standing, later, they told all of us with a study visa to come to another place. We stayed there and queued there. That’s how another female immigration officer came to collect all our letters of introduction, then we were asked to sit down.

It was very easy, they just called our names, confirmed our date of birth and viola, I was given the study permit. They didn’t even check other documents.

EgyptAir broke my medium luggage at the lower side ooo, I have sha asked for compensation. Hopefully, they reply me soon.

Ps: Just take all your documents and relax, nothing to really stress about. Having the right documents will make the process as smooth as silk for you.

The journey is worth it guys, for those waiting, I believe you will get it soon.
I appreciate all the info I have gotten here since DAY 1. Blessings to all the legends!!!

Belle110, congratulations and may prosper in Canada.

Please, kindly share with me the email address (es) of the MP (s) you contacted then before your eligibility review started. My school is also in Toronto, Peterborough to be specific. In fact, I'm an Ibadan boy like you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 7:08am On Aug 07, 2022
Heroine226:
With God all things are possible.
I got my PPR today; 2nd time applicant.
First application: July, 2020.
Refusal : September, 2020.
Reason for refusal: Home ties.
Number of PR siblings in Canada: 1

Second application: April 15, 2022
Bvl: August 4, 2022
PPR: August 6, 2022.
Number of PR siblings in Canada: 3

What I did differently:
Applied to a school whose tuition is thrice that of my former school (35k). Paid full first year tuition 20k,,, did GIC 10K.. Prayed and fasted, seeking mercy from the sacred heart of Jesus and the Immaculate heart of Mary, with the intercession of Saints Rita, Andrew and Jude, patron saints of the impossible.

Docs sumitted:
LOA
Soft S.O.P (6 pages) lol
L.O.E ( 2 pages)
Receipt of sch fees
Debit receipt from sponsor's bank
GIC cert
Sponsor's SOA (Mom)
Reference letter from sponsor's bank
My SOA
Reference letter from my bank
Reference letter from my boss
Bsc result
Pgd result
Ielts result
Upfront medical
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor
Affidavit of sponsorship
Affidavit of return
My Resume
Sponsor's Cac cert
Registration of business name.
Mom's passport + stamped Canadian visa page
Dad's passport + stamped Canadian visa page
My birth cert
Certificate of participation in a national competition
Gift deed of a shop from my sponsor
Nysc discharge

This is a miracle for my family. God is kind and full of compassion.

Justmellow, I must greet you specially. Thank you for promptly replying all the mails I sent you. Thank you!

Thanks to all the gurus on nairaland and silent readers like me. God bless us all.

Gigdraft:
Wow....! PPR! What's more beautiful than this? Tell me! Wow! OMG! My heart releases enzymes of felicity when I read news such as this. I am indeed happy for you, Abi2022.

Who's next to make me happy?

Congratulations! Now, who's next to make me happy?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jesusbabybae: 7:24am On Aug 07, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hello Jesusbabybae,

In addition to my former response and to directly answer your question, No! MBS is the best mode of proving your financial strength. The MBS option was introduced to save the time spent on SOA confirmation from financial institutions.

There are contexts when IRCC would send authentication request to banks and they won't get the feedback they deserve in time. This causes unnecessary delay and elongates processing time. Trust me, you don't want to find yourself in this spot because it's a long wait.

Do you understand now?
Yes, thank you so much for taking out time to answer our questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dave36000: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2022
Good day everyone

I got admission to dalhousie university.
I'm finding it difficult to pay my $200 admission fee deposit.
I used WU and it's almost 3 days now it has not reflected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2022
Trackeo:
Your transcript are important bro...as regards applying for admission to a Canadian uni...

Student unofficial transcripts is important but when I was submitting my form for school admission,I submitted only unofficial transcript,Wase result and secondary schools transcript and Ielts result with my international passport

The school name is Assiniboine Community college,I meet their requirements so I’m on the wait list for admission by Gods grace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LuvNLight: 7:53am On Aug 07, 2022
Keep an eye on your medical Expiration date. Make sure you enter Canada before your medical expires. Usually once your medical has expired, your Visa becomes INVALID (automatically placed on Administrative Hold). you will usually need to do another medical and send it to IRCC via web form and then pray that they will update it. Just try and avoid being on this shoe. because the queue is almost an endless one.

The last thing you wanna do is to complicate your visa approval by yourself.

stevedestiny:
Timeline
2nd-time applicant got refused last year Sept
Reapplied May 14, 2022
Medical passed July 14th
PPR dropped on 3rd August 2022

but my school told me my admission has been rescinded and I need to reapply ( Application for my program opens October).

I tried to defer but was told I can't defer twice since I already did last year.

Please o will this affect the approval?

Any suggestions?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mobiyinogal: 8:04am On Aug 07, 2022
Please who knows how long it takes to get a final decision after eligibility starts and you get a mail saying your application is under active review. Happy sunday guys.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2022
Get a dollar card from any of the Nigerian banks, deposit Dollar into the account and use it for payment.
Dave36000:
Good day everyone

I got admission to dalhousie university.
I'm finding it difficult to pay my $200 admission fee deposit.
I used WU and it's almost 3 days now it has not reflected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 8:21am On Aug 07, 2022
Pls I need recommendations of community colleges where I can apply for 2 years diploma studies in any science field.

I’m on a wait list at Assiniboine Community College but I need another school to make a choice though my degree score was 3rd class Bsc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzel(f): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2022
Heroine226:
With God all things are possible.
I got my PPR today; 2nd time applicant.
First application: July, 2020.
Refusal : September, 2020.
Reason for refusal: Home ties.
Number of PR siblings in Canada: 1

Second application: April 15, 2022
Bvl: August 4, 2022
PPR: August 6, 2022.
Number of PR siblings in Canada: 3

What I did differently:
Applied to a school whose tuition is thrice that of my former school (35k). Paid full first year tuition 20k,,, did GIC 10K.. Prayed and fasted, seeking mercy from the sacred heart of Jesus and the Immaculate heart of Mary, with the intercession of Saints Rita, Andrew and Jude, patron saints of the impossible.

Docs sumitted:
LOA
Soft S.O.P (6 pages) lol
L.O.E ( 2 pages)
Receipt of sch fees
Debit receipt from sponsor's bank
GIC cert
Sponsor's SOA (Mom)
Reference letter from sponsor's bank
My SOA
Reference letter from my bank
Reference letter from my boss
Bsc result
Pgd result
Ielts result
Upfront medical
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor
Affidavit of sponsorship
Affidavit of return
My Resume
Sponsor's Cac cert
Registration of business name.
Mom's passport + stamped Canadian visa page
Dad's passport + stamped Canadian visa page
My birth cert
Certificate of participation in a national competition
Gift deed of a shop from my sponsor
Nysc discharge

This is a miracle for my family. God is kind and full of compassion.

Justmellow, I must greet you specially. Thank you for promptly replying all the mails I sent you. Thank you!

Thanks to all the gurus on nairaland and silent readers like me. God bless us

Congratulations .
Canada will favour you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tepsl: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2022
Shayo5:
hello, did you attached a return address when you sent your passport?
you can reach out to the VFS office that you sent your passport to know the status.

they said that it's still under process but when I contacted Abuja they said that it's because of my medical and ircc has already told me that they'll add my medical on file shortly it's been 2 weeks now and they haven't still updated updated it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzel(f): 9:29am On Aug 07, 2022
Belle110:
LANDING GIST

Yeeeee cheesy
We love landing gist.

Congratulations dear
Canada will favour you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzel(f): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2022
I've been following this page for years, I come around, read timelines and landing gists, it makes me happy grin

I've always wanted to travel, but my husband didn't want to at a time, now that our believed country is turninoniown, he's rushing for us to relocate.

He's the PA, he has gotten admission at Centennial College and about to pay his tuition fees..

I will celebrate my family’s relocation to Canada on this thread. Amen

To support in my little way, I can help any member here with his or her admission application (only admission oo) to any Canada school at no cost, if our gurus approves.

Thanks for having me

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dbeautyful: 10:16am On Aug 07, 2022
Hi, could you kindly share the reviews regarding UCW refund policy

Greenwisher:
Hello
I need some help here

Refusal Reason: Purpose of visit
Program studied: Environmental Management
Grade: 2:1
Intended program: Occupational health, wellness and safety

GCMS
The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history.
I note that:
-the client's previous studies were in an unrelated field
-the client has previous studies at a higher academic level than the proposed studies in Canada
-the client's proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path

Re-applying...
I got an admission offer from UCW but 45k CAD lo far plus reviews regarding their refund policy is not encouraging.
So I am considering the PACE(Advanced Business Management) post-grad certificate program at the University of Winnipeg
My concern is the academic progression issue raised by the VO

@JustMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzel(f): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2022
EagleEye4040:
Scammer. You have reach here.

I will not watch and let you scam another person

You are si..ck
You are the scammer..

You are hiding behind a new account to abu..se people you've never met, come and face me with your real account..

I respect the gurus here, if not I would have given you exactly what you're looking for.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 10:50am On Aug 07, 2022
I think securing admission is quite clear cut as long as you meet the requirements.

So whatever insights you have, throw it open right here on the thread. Don't channel people to a private DM if you're really keen on giving back or supporting the community.

Good luck to your partner's visa venture.

Nezzel:

You are si..ck
You are the scammer..

You are hiding behind a new account to abu..se people you've never met, come and face me with your real account..

I respect the gurus here, if not I would have given you exactly what you're looking for.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello all,
I joined the thread ending July.
Please I have a question
My mum is my sponsor and I will be submitting her company’s documents for my application but the SOA I will be using is her personal account which is also her business account but not registered as the company’s business account.
Is it okay to use or must it be a business account?
If i can I use it, do I need to explain the lump sum amount that her customers pay into the account?
**She doesn’t have a company account**.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzel(f): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2022
olokings:
I think securing admission is quite clear cut as long as you meet the requirements.

So whatever insights you have, throw it open right here on the thread. Don't channel people to a private DM if you're really keen on giving back or supporting the community.

Good luck to your partner's visa venture.

Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dianaokafor: 11:02am On Aug 07, 2022
Hello all,
Please I have a question
My mum is my sponsor and I will be submitting her company’s documents for my application but the SOA I will be using is her personal account which is also her business account but not registered as the company’s business account.
If i can I use it, do I need to explain the lump sum amount that her customers pay into the account?

Hello all,
Please I have a question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2022
Nezzel:

You are si..ck
You are the scammer..

Since someone is warning us about this fellow, nobody should patronize her to avoid a story that touch.

Is it not even funny that she is here for the first time and immidietly started advertising herself. That is highly suspicious.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.