Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225723 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Timaiko: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2022
Please I need your assistance.

I have been gathering my documents, intend to go for a upfront medical examination by September, and then submit the application.

Just concerned about hometies.

1. I am working remotely for a company in the US. should I submit my employment certificate from this company? Isn't that a red flag?

2. I have a land and my mom who is the sponsor also has her land. If she gifts me her land, will that carry weight? for home ties

3. I have also registered a liability company couple months ago with the intention of coming back to start operations. Won't that be a red flag due to the time frame the company was registered compared with my application time.

Thanks. It will all end in praise for sure. Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kehmy(f): 9:40am On Aug 06, 2022
Good morning wonderful people.

Please what is the average processing time on the new IRCC portal vs the old portal (based on recent experiences)?

TIA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Katehasty: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2022
Kemi2606:
Good morning everyone! Please is there whatsapp group for university of manitoba intending student and also conestaga college. Please I need it. Thanks in advance
pls just incase u get one kindly add me also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayqinsbFX: 10:01am On Aug 06, 2022
yes
my passport has been sent back to lagos.
it did nt matter....I only included the BVL letter.
Mystique01:

Hello, have you been able to resend ? does it matter if one did biometrics in lagos and sends Passport to Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Morenikeji25(f): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2022
Sam2504:
which university pls ...i want to apply too bros
Hi it’s university of Regina

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HEADYWORLD: 10:07am On Aug 06, 2022
Good morning guru in the house.

I have seen people saying they submitted their property valuation as part of the documents for their application. Please I need guidance on how to get this property valuation.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AntiYahooYahoo: 10:19am On Aug 06, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hi Timagbo,

The Certificate of Occupancy is a major document for expressing the degree of protection and your control of the allotted land. If you wish to include your receipt of acquisition, please do so using the link below:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Can't wait to celebrate with you!

Gud day gurus.

Have been reading and reading since 3 days now. My former visa is by agent and with what I have read here, I will now do it myself this time around. I have learnt so much. This is a place of information. @Gigdraft, your comments are gold. Been wondering if you are a lawyer or something. they are very direct and informative. You speak like you a a visa officer yourself. Thank you so much baba. @Frankrobbn1 baba thank you for the prayer and encouragement. They are gold for people like me. Other gurus I also look forward to learning from you. We must all go to this maple land. Dollar is going up. No time to dey waste time

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 10:20am On Aug 06, 2022
johnstan:

Hi,

To confirm schools supported by mpower simply check mpower website, afterwards you can check the schools website to confirm their admission requirements and if they offer MBA program.

Good luck.

Thank you. i am on it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tadewuyi206: 10:29am On Aug 06, 2022
Good morning guys, is there anyone going to Ottawa this fall? Please connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2022
please gurus help me to look into my case of study

I studied agric sci as my 1st degree. i worked for 10 years as administrator and manager . In the last 5 years i have been in agro allied business which involves exportation to overseas. I buy food crops from local farmers in different communnies in Nigeria, sell with my state and country as well as export.

i want to do masters now. I am looking at Msc in Agric science and MSc in International management in business analytic. Please which one would you advise i apply for based on my work experience.

Thank you for your quick response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamTheJ: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2022
We plenty here o. We can hook up, if you care. My email: paschal_eze@rocketmail.com

Tadewuyi206:
Good morning guys, is there anyone going to Ottawa this fall? Please connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elixosodi(f): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2022
Greetings all, I av gained admission for one year of graduate studies, I have also initiated my first-semester tuition fee of 8708 cad which is about 2.8m in naira through e- form A, after this payment, I have 7.3 million naira extra in my account.

I want to know, would this be enough for me to serve as a self-sponsored applicant ? Along with the necessary documents required of me.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2022
Elixosodi:
Greetings all, I av gained admission for one year of graduate studies, I have also initiated my first-semester tuition fee of 8708 cad which is about 2.8m in naira through e- form A, after this payment, I have 7.3 million naira extra in my account.

I want to know, would this be enough for me to serve as a self-sponsored applicant ? Along with the necessary documents required of me.

Thanks

Hi,

I think it should be enough considering that the second semester fee is usually roughly same amount as the first semester fee.
Living expenses is roughly N3.3m for a year (10,000 CAD) @ N330/$

Simply ensure that you have good home ties and a source of income to show that you're not about to spend your life savings.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2022
Elixosodi:

Thanks

So going by the exchange rate used:

Living exp: 10k x 321 = 3.2M
Remaining Tuition estimate 2.8M

Total 6M with extra 1M ish left. You should be good.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 11:44am On Aug 06, 2022
WiZiggy:
Hi Gigdraft,
exactly one month to school resumption today! My heart is beginning to do me somehow, I have placed an order for my GCMS notes today, I have sent mails and webforms, one of the mails says file is under active review, June 6th applicant, what further steps can I take to expedite the process, next intake is Sept 2023,so deferral is not an option for me, it's gon be a long wait that will eat me up! Kindly suggest what further steps I can take as I've ran out of time and options. Thanks a lot.
Hi WiZiggy,

Your application is just 8 weeks. Therefore, IRCC might not be obliged to expedite your application. However, here is what I would suggest, considering your situation, write the member of parliament in your school's jurisdiction. Appeal to him/her emphatically without claiming any form of right, then hang on for feedback.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 11:48am On Aug 06, 2022
Thomsyne:

So going by the exchange rate used:

Living exp: 10k x 321 = 3.2M
Remaining Tuition estimate 2.8M

Total 6M with extra 1M ish left. You should be good.

Shalom
it should be ok

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jay246: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2022
Electroweb:
My people! My people!
Original passport request for my son received today oooooooo!
Help me to thank God oooooo! He has done so much for me I cannot tell it all. Na ra kele mo
The wait has not been easy ooooo! Since May 2021
I am so happy ooooooo!
I will Be right back for timeline and all that.

Congrats to your son…. Am next to testify
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
HEADYWORLD:
Good morning guru in the house.

I have seen people saying they submitted their property valuation as part of the documents for their application. Please I need guidance on how to get this property valuation.

Thank you

For property valuation, reach out to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tcrown2020(f): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2022
IamTheJ:
We plenty here o. We can hook up, if you care. My email: paschal_eze@rocketmail.com

Yes o . My daughter is going to Ottawa . Please, send me email on highcroftschool@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hi WiZiggy,

Your application is just 8 weeks. Therefore, IRCC might not be obliged to expedite your application. However, here is what I would suggest, considering your situation, write the member of parliament in your school's jurisdiction. Appeal to him/her emphatically without claiming any form of right, then hang on for feedback.

Please do you have the email addresses of the MPs in Ontario particularly Peterborough and Durham that you can share with me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kpoksie01(m): 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2022
@johnstan thanks for this info. I really appreciate this. God bless you.

If you don't have valid medicals within 12 months, i'ld suggest you do same while waiting as it is a requirement for visas beyond 6 months.

I have seen people receive their PPR without doing medicals tho, however, I feel it was waived cos of how long their application has been under review and how close their resumption date is (just assumptions, not certain).

In anycase, it's still up to you to decide afterall IRCC doesn't suggest upfront, people just do it to fast track their review.

Good luck.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olaoluwa13: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2022
Hello House , please how much is the latest Canada student visa fee rt now .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by boxymccoy(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2022
Pls pop, where do I start Visa application from. I want to do it myself.... How much is visa application fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2022
olaoluwa13:
Hello House , please how much is the latest Canada student visa fee rt now .
Hi Olailuwa13,

I already addressed your question in one of my numerous posts.

Here is an excerpt:

Visa Fee is 150 CAD
Biometric Fee is 85 CAD

Medical Fee: N46,500 (Q-Life) or N46,500 (IOM)

I hope it helps.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2022
boxymccoy:
Pls pop, where do I start Visa application from. I want to do it myself.... How much is visa application fee?
Hi Boxymccoy,

I already addressed your question in one of my numerous posts.

Here is an excerpt:

Visa Fee is 150 CAD
Biometric Fee is 85 CAD

Medical Fee: N46,500 (Q-Life) or N46,500 (IOM)

I hope it helps.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yemflex: 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hi WiZiggy,

Sir can you show us the format of message to send to MP and can I use any mail or the mail that I use to register my KCkey account. Waiting for your response sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2022
Aboki1859:
But I read that processing time is 12 weeks and that you can only contact them after 12 weeks. Guys that have send mails during processing time did they get response

My brother as far as I'm concerned, no standard processing time for ircc, just keep praying, some ppl were processed within 2 wks some 3, 4, 8, and more don't let anyone pressure you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2022
Isyma:

My brother as far as I'm concerned, no standard processing time for ircc, just keep praying, some ppl were processed within 2 wks some 3, 4, 8, and more don't let anyone pressure you.

After 8 weeks just start sending mails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2022
Congrats once again to you Lekannn, so happy for your Visa approval..

And thank you for trusting in my Canada Immigration expertise by giving me the privilege to handle your application. it was nice working with a smart young man like you.

Canada can't wait for you to explode, so go and prosper in Marple land..

It has finally ended in praise..

Peace
Lekannn:
Timeline

First time applicant.
Application submitted 25th of May 2022
Upfront medical 23rd of May
Biometrics 30th, updated the same day
Medical passed on the 7th of June, eligibility started the same day
Ghost update on the 9th or June.
BVL 5th of august, 6:35am
PPR 1:55pm

Document submitted (applicant)
SOP
LOA
Degree certificate
Transcripts
WAEC certificate
NYSC certificate
Professional license
IELTS
CAC
Business certificates and document
Family birth certificate
Family pictures
Old passport and past visa
Police character certificate
MBS showing fees deposited in my account and savings

Sponsor’s documents
MBS
CAC documents
Tax clearance receipt and certificate
Company invoice
Certificate of memorandum and article of association
Some business certificate showing company’s activity
C of O of two properties with receipts
Land survey of properties
Development permit of properties
Newspaper publication of property
Affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Driver’s license
Passport and past visas

Application approved after 10 weeks and 4 days, I started sending mails at the beginning of week 9 without a response till PPR. Paid first semester fees and sent the receipt on July 7.

I really want to appreciate Makano for his professional help and expertise in putting it all together in such a short time, we applied 8 days after getting the admission decision.
I pray everyone waiting gets a favorable response as soon as possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2022
I received msg thaty study will commence in Aug.31 and there will be Pre-term meeting on Aug.30.

Is there any June applicant that have received PPR?

I applied June 25 and biometric done and updated on June 28.
What should I do since I have 2-3 weeks left.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2022
Please can I use my University Statement of results to apply for my Canadian visa due to University delays

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2022
Congrats to you DrAFOguns

I am glad to be part of your Canada immigration success story..

Your time has come to shine in Marple land..

Peace
DrAFOguns:
TESTIMONY TIME

It’s been a long ride with IRCC. Approval after three applications.

I got a fully funded Ph.D. admission last year in June for fall resumption but deferred admission to January so I could have ample time to prepare my visa application. I applied from China in September and rejection came in within two weeks on personal assets and financial status, immigration status, and purpose of visit grounds. I was devastated, to say the least.

I explained my ordeal here on Nairaland and was advised to come back home to reapply. An immigration lawyer from my school helped me review my LOE for reapplication. I however panicked when flights from Nigeria were banned in December so I reapplied from China. Your guess is as good as mine. Another refusal, based on the same reasons as above. So, I packed my bags and came back home.

For the third and final application, I submitted same documents as before. The only thing that changed was updating my LOE with the information that I am back home and applying for a new CAQ to be sent to Nairobi office.

Final application was sent in on the 12th of March through the new portal.
Medical request 16th June
Medical Examination – 30th June
Medical passed - 15th July
PPR- 29th July

SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS
• Admission Letter
• Passport data page
• Birth certificate
• Academic Transcripts
• Academic certificates
• LOE
• CAQ
• Upfront medical sheet
• Personal bank statements
• Gift deed
• Land and property documents
• Family birth certificates
• CAC document

Kindly note that in both refusal cases, I requested GCMS notes before reapplying. The reasons were quite vague. I guess their main concern was applying from a country I had “temporary ties” to.

After 12 weeks processing time, I sent an email. It was after this I got the medical request. I also sent emails when my new medicals was not updated on time.

Special thanks to Akannitommy, Makano, Ikechi12, Osemigho, and Omiinii for answering my questions. Thank you all for your support. I can now rest.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.