Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1227819 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
Thomsyne:

Hi guys,
Any updates yet??

7COLOURS
Isyma
Demmy10
Iremide2019
Sanicesanice123

Update go show soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
bepositive11:

He said "next application" so it may not be a judicial review. Judicial reviews are done on the same application that got rejected.

Some people submit a new application through a lawyer. That's different from a judicial review.
Which is cheaper dear? Learnt judicial review is expensive and time consuming? If applying through a lawyer is easier and cheaper, then that's the best option as most of these denials are out of the requirements for the study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
Good afternoon everyone
I got my ppr today yayy

This thread was very useful so thank you to everyone that helped and good luck in your application.

I’ll drop my timeline soon

Congratulations, may Canada favour you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hello Femi,

Biko nu' i fit send an envelope of documents for you to bring for me abeg....?!!!!
I lay down for ground dey plead abeg...

Femioye337:
Who is traveling through ethiopian airline 9th November..... let’s link up grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jokeadegokeblog: 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
So sorry about this! Were you refused again based on financial or something else?
Because you mentioned you paid all your school fees and your dad was your sponsor.
ManlikeDee:
Glory be to God in the highest!!! Long thread!!! 3rd time applicant.
TIMELINE
1st Application - Visit visa (2019)
Biometrics - 11th March, 2019
Don’t know much about it

2nd Application - Study visa
1. IELTS - 24th September, 2021 (Passed, but didn’t attach it)
2. Upfront medicals - 5th October, 2021
3. Application submitted - 13th October, 2021
4. Medicals passed - 25th October, 2021
5. BVL - 20th January, 2022
6. Application denied - 20th January, 2022
7. GCMS note - 5th March, 2022 (Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, documents submitted show some funds seem available, but there are concerns that the modest funds would be sufficient and available for the whole course. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized fortheir stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application).

3rd Application - Study visa
1. Reapplied - 23rd June, 2022
2. Medicals passed - 13th October, 2022 (didn’t even know), (later removed on the 17th/18th)
3. Eligibility - 16th October, 2022
4. BVL - 20th October, 2022
5. Application Denied - 21st October, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Silas12345: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
sos123:
Raise it to the minister of immigration

to:

IRCC.Minister-Ministre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Please be extremely polite!

thank you so much, this is the mail I just received from the office of the minister.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2022
June applicant
Applied-June 18th
Biometrics-June 21st
Medicals request-October 1st
Ppr- today October 21st

I used an agent to apply so I don’t really know in depth everything he did

It has been a stressful journey tbh.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jafian: 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
June applicant
Applied-June 18th
Biometrics-June 21st
Ppr- today October 21st

Welcome to the club
My passport is coming on Monday
Please let’s travel together winter student
December second week is what I am looking at.
I am going to Toronto axis
Mississauga

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olaraz: 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
Pls gurus in the house. Can one use cooperative society as his/her sponsor like one claiming he/she is working there. Like the sponsorship is coming from one's work place, which is the cooperative society and one will back it up with employment letter and also the society will introduce the person and also said they are the one sponsoring such person. Did Canada accept such.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
@ bubu44,

It's practically not possible to apply for FX (Form A) and access same within 24hours.Your best bet is to source for FX through the parallel (Black) market to beat the deadline.

OR

you request for extension from your school. It usually takes over 4 weeks to access Form A across all the commercial banks in Nigeria.

I hope this helps.

bubu44:
good morning everyone, please i need help desperately. im trying to pay my school fees. im using Zenith, i used CIBC to generate my invoice for centennial college and they give 72 hours for payment. I submitted my form A yesterday and the deadline for payment is today.
1. do i start a new one again ?
2. should o continue with this one ?

please please please help me

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by damilola1978: 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
Oga abi Babe (which ever that fits), don't bother yourself, anytime CBN/Zenith bank answer you CIBC will process the transaction based on the current exchange rate of usd to cad, so basically what expires is the exchange rate on the document and not the document itself....so go flex till CBN/Zentih bank reach your turn, I have been waiting since September 6th
bubu44:
good morning everyone, please i need help desperately. im trying to pay my school fees. im using Zenith, i used CIBC to generate my invoice for centennial college and they give 72 hours for payment. I submitted my form A yesterday and the deadline for payment is today.
1. do i start a new one again ?
2. should o continue with this one ?

please please please help me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
Good day everyone.. Been following this thread for a while. I'm just so happy that I got my PPR today after initial rejection.

Second application: 28th June
Upfront medicals: 26th July
Medicals passed: 23rd Sept
Eligibility review: 28th Sept
PPR: 21st Oct.

I must add that I had to write the MP yesterday & I got a decision today. I'm not saying he played a role but who knows? Lol

Reason for initial rejection was insufficient funds & reasons given not consistent with that of a temporary stay. I got a gift deed of N10m & tried to convince the VO in my SOP why I chose the particular course of study because it wasn't related to my current practice.

In all, I give God the glory. Those of us who are still waiting will receive good news very soon. Amen.

Don't forget to pray guys.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ogify1(m): 1:15am On Oct 22, 2022
Cheebu:
Good day everyone.. Been following this thread for a while. I'm just so happy that I got my PPR today after initial rejection.

I must add that I had to write the MP yesterday & I got a decision today. I'm not saying he played a role but who knows? Lol

Reason for initial rejection was insufficient funds & reasons given not consistent with that of a temporary stay. I got a gift deed of N10m & tried to convince the VO in my SOP why I chose the particular course of study because it wasn't related to my current practice.

In all, I give God the glory. Those of us who are still waiting will receive good news very soon. Amen.

Uhnmmm, congratulations �. You’ve been following this thread but you registered your account just yesterday…. Congratulations again �

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 1:17am On Oct 22, 2022
Buuukoooo:
Please I need advice urgently. In a more clearer terms:

My name is Bukola. A friend introduced me to this platform. I earned my Bs.C. in Psychology, but with a poor grade. So, I couldn't get admission to a master's program. I decided to go for a college diploma, I have gained admission into Social Service Worker (2 years program), which is relevant to my current job (I work in the psychiatric center). Here is my concern: please can anyone advise me on how to convince the visa officer why I didn't go for a master's program? I'm afraid he might not see it as a logical progression. I mean he may question why I need a diploma after Bs.C. Please I need serious advice. Thank you in advance.

Please help me!!!

From my own situation, I don't think you need to bring up the MSc thing. Just go ahead & tell the VO why you're studying the course. I had a B.Eng in Mech. Engineering but I'm going for a PGD in Business Management. I got my PPR yesterday. Just make sure you have sufficient money to cover for the course duration. Your home ties should be very strong too. Then believe in God. You'll succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 1:20am On Oct 22, 2022
ogify1:

Uhnmmm, congratulations �. You’ve been following this thread but you registered your account just yesterday…. Congratulations again �

To be fair it was after I submitted that I started following the thread. I was quite encouraged with the testimonies. I wanted to encourage others also if I got PPR. Thankfully, I did, which is why I'm here. Apologies if I offended anyone.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 1:45am On Oct 22, 2022
Jafian:

Welcome to the club
Mississauga

That’s the issue
My admission is for spring
I asked recently when it’s okay to travel but no one answered

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 1:47am On Oct 22, 2022
2pretty4u:

Congratulations, may Canada favour you.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 1:47am On Oct 22, 2022
Pace6:

Congratulations

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benquip: 2:48am On Oct 22, 2022
Pace6:
Good morning people, please anyone heading to Durham College please can we connect?? or if there’s a group for Durham College students please I will like to be added to the group. Thank you.

I'm in DC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kikivanxx: 3:00am On Oct 22, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
Good afternoon everyone
I got my ppr today yayy

This thread was very useful so thank you to everyone that helped and good luck in your application.

I’ll drop my timeline soon

Congratulations. Oh canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kikivanxx: 3:00am On Oct 22, 2022
Femioye337:
Who is traveling through ethiopian airline 9th November..... let’s link up grin

What school are you going?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kikivanxx: 3:03am On Oct 22, 2022
Jafian:

Welcome to the club
Mississauga

What airline are you using? I’m flying Egypt air second week of December
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kikivanxx: 3:04am On Oct 22, 2022
Cheebu:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benquip: 3:18am On Oct 22, 2022
Silas12345:
thank you so much, this is the mail I just received from the office of the minister.

Bro na Sean Fraser you suppose send the email. E go take like 4 weeks before him reply you but him go reply you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benquip: 3:27am On Oct 22, 2022
Hello guys, if you're a second time applicant get your gcms note and follow this template by this YouTuber and craft yours to suit you.
If you're a first time applicant you can also follow the template and craft yours to in relation to your situation.

Also note that you have to craft your application as if you're defending yourself in a court as their no interview. Get all the required documentation available and most importantly Pray Hard and always remember God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvi9p14sz5g

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:42am On Oct 22, 2022
Ay08020407288:

No it was the same application that was reconsider
I think so

Let's wait for his reply to be sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:46am On Oct 22, 2022
Ojb555666:

Which is cheaper? Learnt judicial review is expensive and time consuming? If applying through a lawyer is easier and cheaper, then that's the best option as most of these denials are out of the requirements for the study permit.

I think reapplying through a lawyer is easier and cheaper than going for a judicial review, but I don't know which one is more effective. I think it depends on how good the lawyer is. I think it's better to go for a lawyer with a good track record but they tend to be more expensive than other lawyers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:51am On Oct 22, 2022
olokings:
Hello Femi,

Biko nu' i fit send an envelope of documents for you to bring for me abeg....?!!!!
I lay down for ground dey plead abeg...

Olokings, some Canadian companies ask for the original copy of our professional certifications?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:53am On Oct 22, 2022
Silas12345:

Did they include the Sean Fraser email address that they forwarded your email to? If yes, please share it with us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:55am On Oct 22, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
June applicant
Applied-June 18th
Biometrics-June 21st
Ppr- today October 21st

Stressful, indeed! I don't know why Canada is putting us through this.

Anyway, I'm glad that the stressful wait is over for you. Congratulations! I hope mine will soon be over too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:56am On Oct 22, 2022
Benquip:

Bro na Sean Fraser you suppose send the email. E go take like 4 weeks before him reply you but him go reply you.

Please share the email address with us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2022
Good morning NL family,
I got my refused Application on Oct.14th based on" The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided
in your application"

I have a bachelor degree and I wanted to change my degree to another and I think that is the reason met.

Hope am right?

I am already processing Master in my field for winter?

Can I Re-apply this month?

Hope is it not too quick.(I was denied in October and Re-apply in October.?

Response needed urgently

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.