Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,165 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1240731 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nerd95:
My God, finally PPR has dropped, March Applicant.

Timeline:
Applied: March 9th
Biometrics: March 14th
Upfront Medicals: April 5th

June 14th: applied for GCMS Notes

........................... The long wait.
Sent mails to IRCC and MPs. All MPs said they couldn't help because I am not living in Canada.

Sent mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited, Nairobi office nor send my mail lol. Abuja sha replied and gave me a special link to raise a webform. I raised webforms tire, still no reply from IRCC.
Raised webforms, got generic responses.

September 1st: I requested for my school to send me a letter stating that I need to resume before September 18th, and that I am a funded research student. Letter arrived that same day.

September 19th: Admission was deferred to January start.

The wait was affecting me mentally. Had to take my mind off it to focus on my live.

September 28th: GCMS notes arrived. Says "Recommend Interview".

October 6th: Sent my new admission letter to IRCC stating that my admission has been deferred.

October 17th: woke up with an holy anger and send mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited because I think I have been unfairly treated by having to wait for 7months for a visa whereas others are getting theirs in 3 months.

TODAY OCTOBER 20TH: PPR & BVL Dropped.

Documents:
Admission letter
SOP
Funding letter.
My bank statement and that of my brother.
My payslip from my work place.
My employment letter.
My promotion letter at work.
My CV
My BSc certificate
My transcript
My NYSC certificate
Police Certificate
My mother's land survey doc
Picture of me, my brother and mum.
My brother's bank statement
My WAEC
My Age Declaration

Big Congratulations!!!

It’s the Holy anger for me. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2022
olokings:
so like this i no see person weh dey go canada from naija very soon?

all the PPR where dem dey go na, hope no be moon or mars?

nawa ooh. abeg i dey fain who dey go canada, na chinkeelee envelope of credentials e wan carry ooh... make dem no tink say i wan collect baggage weight / space.
biko' nu

A lot na next year o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Buuukoooo: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
Please I need advice urgently. In a more clearer terms:

My name is Bukola. A friend introduced me to this platform. I earned my Bs.C. in Psychology, but with a poor grade. So, I couldn't get admission to a master's program. I decided to go for a college diploma, I have gained admission into Social Service Worker (2 years program), which is relevant to my current job (I work in the psychiatric center). Here is my concern: please can anyone advise me on how to convince the visa officer why I didn't go for a master's program? I'm afraid he might not see it as a logical progression. I mean he may question why I need a diploma after Bs.C. Please I need serious advice. Thank you in advance.

Please help me!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Congratulations
Nerd95:

Timeline:

Sent mails to IRCC and MPs. All MPs said they couldn't help because I am not living in Canada.

Sent mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited, Nairobi office nor send my mail lol. Abuja sha replied and gave me a special link to raise a webform. I raised webforms tire, still no reply from IRCC.

September 1st: I requested for my school to send me a letter stating that I need to resume before September 18th, and that I am a funded research student. Letter arrived that same day.

The wait was affecting me mentally. Had to take my mind off it to focus on my live.

October 6th: Sent my new admission letter to IRCC stating that my admission has been deferred.

October 17th: woke up with a holy anger and send mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited because I think I have been unfairly treated by having to wait for 7months for a visa whereas others are getting theirs in 3 months.

Documents:
Admission letter
SOP
Funding letter.
My employment letter.
My CV
My BSc certificate
My transcript
My NYSC certificate
Police Certificate
My WAEC
My Age Declaration

My people, I am grateful to God. All the glory to Him.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hope4Naja: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hope4Naja:
Good day People, please I don't Know if this is the right place to ask this question. My wife just got an admission into College of North Atlantic, CNA for Medical Laboratory Assistant September 2023. Her uncle who is a Canadian citizen has promised to be her sponsor, is this acceptable by the Canadian government. Again, Can the one year course qualified for a work permit after graduation. thanks
please any advice on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
Esanson:
when did you apply.
june 20th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2022
Which one be holy anger? grin grin Congratulations!

Nerd95:

Timeline:

October 17th: woke up with a holy anger and send mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited because I think I have been unfairly treated by having to wait for 7months for a visa whereas others are getting theirs in 3 months.

Documents:
Admission letter
SOP
Funding letter.
My employment letter.
My CV
My BSc certificate
My transcript
My NYSC certificate
Police Certificate
My WAEC
My Age Declaration

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tlk2Prince(m): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2022
Watsup guys!

I got my approval today.
Application date May 25th
Biometrics date May 26
Medical passed 7th July

God will come through for you all Amen!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2022
Still waiting for my PPR but i say make i ask.

I also received a gift deed from my mom but I didn't submit her statement .. Is that wrong? Will that pose as a problem? God forbid ooh!! I just gave a brief profile on each of my family member (Home Ties). The gift deed was notorized by the court.

I had about 7M then the gift deed 5M

I am self sponsored.

Omo everyday my mind go the cut for new things.

Was it same thing you did?

Pace6:

Thank you.

First of all, I ordered for GCMS note. I initially only paid tuition deposit of 6k CAD out of 16k, so when the refusal letter came in, I paid the tuition balance making it 16k CAD total before re applying.

When the GCMS note came, the VO’s concern was that a lump sum was deposited in my account but explained, but that the existence of my bro’s company who did deed gift to me was not verifiable. So I tackled that as well by showing evidence of his work and invoices. [color=#990000][/color]

Personal assets: I also emphasized that I have a job to come back to with promotion which was in the first application. I submitted the same documents I used during the first application. I’m self sponsored

Goodluck in your next application

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
oyefhunke:

Please wer did u do d medical,how much and how was it

I did my medical here in Abuja. #46,500 NGN. Spent about 4 hours plus. From the waiting area to documentation to X-Ray, to lab for blood and urine samples from there to nurse and then doctor for examination. It was nothing though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2022
tlk2Prince:
Watsup guys!

I got my approval today.
Biometrics date May 26
Medical passed 7th July

Congratulations. Amen and Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
sos123:
Still waiting for my PPR but i say make i ask.

I also received a gift deed from my mom but I didn't submit her statement .. Is that wrong? Will that pose as a problem? God forbid ooh!! I just gave a brief profile on each of my family member (Home Ties). The gift deed was notorized by the court.

I had about 7M then the gift deed 5M

I am self sponsored.

Omo everyday my mind go the cut for new things.

Was it same thing you did?

I didn’t submit my older bro’s statement. Is your program 1 or 2 years? I’m self sponsored, notarized the gift deed by a lawyer and also had the affidavit of support stamped in the court.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
I just the imagine how many mails you don send grin

tlk2Prince:
Watsup guys!

I got my approval today.
Biometrics date May 26
Medical passed 7th July

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
2 years program, 26k CAD for the Two years, Paid 10K already, so i'm left with 16K to pay.

Pace6:

I didn’t submit my older bro’s statement. Is your program 1 or 2 years? I’m self sponsored, notarized the gift deed by a lawyer and also had the affidavit of support stamped in the court.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tlk2Prince(m): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Sent webform twice lol
E no easy brother

sos123:

I just the imagine how many mails you don send grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2022
sos123:
2 years program, 26k CAD for the Two years, Paid 10K already, so i'm left with 16K to pay.

No two application is the same anyway.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Silas12345: 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nerd95:

Timeline:

Documents:
Admission letter
SOP
Funding letter.
My employment letter.
My CV
My BSc certificate
My transcript
My NYSC certificate
Police Certificate
My WAEC
My Age Declaration

Congratulation bro like this stuff is depressing, this is how I used to send mails to them 5 times everyday for the past two months and sometimes webform, June 2021 applicant for that matter JUNE 2021 not 2022 oooo��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dollarsolution(m): 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Buuukoooo:
Please I need advice urgently. In a more clearer terms:

My name is Bukola. A friend introduced me to this platform. I earned my Bs.C. in Psychology, but with a poor grade. So, I couldn't get admission to a master's program. I decided to go for a college diploma, I have gained admission into Social Service Worker (2 years program), which is relevant to my current job (I work in the psychiatric center). Here is my concern: please can anyone advise me on how to convince the visa officer why I didn't go for a master's program? I'm afraid he might not see it as a logical progression. I mean he may question why I need a diploma after Bs.C. Please I need serious advice. Thank you in advance.

Please help me!!!
Also new here on the thread

D[b]ear Bukky, Please which school did you get your admission? [/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2022
Silas12345:
Congratulation bro like this stuff is depressing, this is how I used to send mails to them 5 times everyday for the past two months and sometimes webform, June 2021 applicant for that matter JUNE 2021 not 2022 oooo��

Hello Chief,

Write to MPs of the province you’re going to. Someone here also tried Sean Fraser or Justin’s office - can’t remember which it was. You could give it a shot too. 1 year plus is definitely abnormal.

Wish you all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Silas12345: 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2022
Thomsyne:

Hello Chief,

Write to MPs of the province you’re going to. Someone here also tried Sean Fraser or Justin’s office - can’t remember which it was. You could give it a shot too. 1 year plus is definitely abnormal.

Wish you all the best
The MP in Lethbridge Alberta has never reply my mail for once and the other MP I wrote they are saying they can’t help because I’m outside the country (Canada) I’m helpless #SAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
Raise it to the minister of immigration

to:

IRCC.Minister-Ministre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Please be extremely polite!

Silas12345:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ojb555666:

Does one way ticket with return as dummy ticket qualify for pta?

Once you apply, the bank will verify that the tickets are Valid before disbursing funds.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Silas12345: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2022
sos123:
Raise it to the minister of immigration

to:

IRCC.Minister-Ministre.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Please be extremely polite!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2022
If going for medical assessment at IOM. Is it compulsory to go with original international passport?
Do they accept photocopy if the original is not Available?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
apeja2017:
If going for medical assessment at IOM. Is it compulsory to go with original international passport?
Do they accept photocopy if the original is not Available?

It advisable to go with the original to avoid unnecessary delays, however, you can go with a photocopy.
They will attend to you turn by turn with a crowd that you cannot imagine. If it gets to your turn and you have a photocopy, they will ask you to leave the queue and go to a particular office to verify the photocopy before you return and rejoin the queue.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
What if you guys suggest to her uncle to give her the funds needed for the one-year program? You can calculate her school fees and living expenses of $10,000CAD along with a miscellaneous of $3000CAD and just do a deed of gift along with it. He might need to along write a letter of support and state that he gave her the funds for her studies. He can also attach his personal details and other documents that can demonstrate that he is indeed her uncle.

Yeah, a one-year program qualifies you for a one-year PGWP.

Hope4Naja:
Good day People, please I don't Know if this is the right place to ask this question. My wife just got an admission into College of North Atlantic, CNA for Medical Laboratory Assistant September 2023. Her uncle who is a Canadian citizen has promised to be her sponsor, is this acceptable by the Canadian government. Again, Can the one year course qualified for a work permit after graduation. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hello guys, when writing my sop and LOE, the address I added is Victoria island, Lagos Nigeria, hope it doesn’t matter!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Buuukoooo: 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2022
Fanshawe College

Dollarsolution:
Also new here on the thread

D[b]ear Bukky, Please which school did you get your admission? [/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MalcomX009: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nerd95:

Timeline:

Documents:
Admission letter
SOP
Funding letter.
My employment letter.
My CV
My BSc certificate
My transcript
My NYSC certificate
Police Certificate
My WAEC
My Age Declaration

I have dob issues with my Weac it’s different from my passport and birth certificate can I use affidavit in this case and will it work … please any one enlighten me thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShalomShalom(f): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2022
CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Nerd95:

Timeline:

Documents:
Admission letter
SOP
Funding letter.
My employment letter.
My CV
My BSc certificate
My transcript
My NYSC certificate
Police Certificate
My WAEC
My Age Declaration

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
Definitely. You can use an affidavit to correct that.

MalcomX009:

I have dob issues with my Weac it’s different from my passport and birth certificate can I use affidavit in this case and will it work … please any one enlighten me thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShalomShalom(f): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2022
CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

tlk2Prince:
Watsup guys!

I got my approval today.
Biometrics date May 26
Medical passed 7th July

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.