Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220926 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
You'll have to say this in the Schedule A.

You might find people here that can help.
mryoung16:
Hi guys . Does anyone here knows any Canadian Immigration lawyer that is good in handling visa overstay application.
I’m actually about to submit a study permit but I overstayed my visa in Japan some time ago I also wish to declare it to avoid them finding out by themselves.

Something in me is telling me to submit my application using a lawyer.

Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2022
cooooooks:
If you speak French (or have 6 months to learn), Quebec has cheap (you pay local tuition) schools in certain fields (health, engineering, technology, education, social work).

https://www.quebec.ca/en/education/study-quebec/financial-assistance-international-students/exemption-additional-tuition-fees-depending-program-region

Also try schools in:
New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador (getting filled tbh and have raised their rates)
Manitoba
Saskatchewan
Alberta (not too cheap but the opportunities are also good and costs are lower than ON).

Rural colleges/univerisities.

Are you serious? Why don't all Canadian provinces do the same? Why don't they all keep tuition the same for local and international students like Quebec?

Quebec is like a European country in Canada. Things are very different there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2022
mryoung16 You sent me an email right? Please post your question here and I'll reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
bepositive11:

Are you serious? Why don't all Canadian provinces do the same? Why don't they all keep tuition the same for local and international students like Quebec?

International students' tution is pretty much a source of income for them. They're not running charity o, let's not forget.
The guys running these programs are doing this to attract workforce and, of course, the money, albeit little compared to what they could be earning knowing fully well the French thing might be why students aren't trooping into their provinces.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ok..we have a whatapp group for humber..wanna join?
Elixosodi:

I am not a mom though but I am heading to Humber college Jan'23
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
This is quite confusing. It's 1CAD to 556NGN (changing from CAD to Naira). It's more expensive the other way round (changing from Naira to CAD).

cooooooks:
Black market rate now 556 NGN to 1 CAD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
Quebec just launched this policy with a couple of caveats:
- you have to study in french
- you have to study outside Montreal.

The reasoning is:
- you'll learn in french
- work in french
- date/marry in french
- stay in the city/town after studies
- populate the area in disciplines that are lacking.

bepositive11:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mryoung16: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2022
[quote author=bepositive11 post=117940886]mryoung16 You sent me an email right? Please post your question here and I'll reply. [m

@bepositive11 and other gurus here. Does anyone here knows any Canadian Immigration lawyer that is good in handling visa overstay application.
I’m actually about to submit a study permit but I overstayed my visa in Japan some time ago I also wish to declare it to avoid them finding out by themselves.

Something in me is telling me to submit my application using a an immigration lawyer.

Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hardeydara213(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hello my gurus in the house pls is there anyone who is or was a student of seneca college pls �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chuksinfotech: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Please how long is a passport supposed to take before returning?

It has been a week since VFS notified me that my passport had been sent to the embassy. No feedback since then.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lilkalifaa: 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
Same with me oh. I submitted last week Thursday and no update until now.

chuksinfotech:

It has been a week since VFS notified me that my passport had been sent to the embassy. No feedback since then.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shayo5: 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2022
ermmm I don't think you should do this if you need character verification to assist your application you can get Police character verification (which is not compulsory).
hammed71:
Guys my uncle helping me with Canada study permit told me We were asked to pay $10,000 to shorty's my staying to ensure that i am of a good character.Please how true is this, i have paid my tuition deposit, canada application fees please guys help me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2022
hammed71:
Guys my uncle helping me with Canada study permit told me We were asked to pay $10,000 to shorty's my staying to ensure that i am of a good character.Please how true is this, i have paid my tuition deposit, canada application fees please guys help me

Your Uncle is about to rob you… run!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by henrymazi: 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
Me too o. Since 21st October it's been sent to the embassy. No update again

chuksinfotech:

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
chuksinfotech:

Regards

If you submitted to lagos office, it will take over one week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
henrymazi:
Me too o. Since 21st October it's been sent to the embassy. No update again

Have you been checking your email for updates from VSF about your passport? It’s just one week, it’ll be returned to you in due course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mryoung16: 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
cooooooks:
You'll have to say this in the Schedule A.

You might find people here that can help.

Hi cooooooks, sorry I don’t get what you meant by schedule A . Can you explain further? With thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2022
cooooooks:
Quebec just launched this policy with a couple of caveats:
- you have to study in french
- you have to study outside Montreal.

The reasoning is:
- you'll learn in french
- work in french
- date/marry in french
- stay in the city/town after studies
- populate the area in disciplines that are lacking.

It makes sense. I guess they've kept fees low because they don't have as much demand with all those requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
mryoung16:

@bepositive11 and other gurus here. Does anyone here knows any Canadian Immigration lawyer that is good in handling visa overstay application.

Something in me is telling me to submit my application using a an immigration lawyer.

Thanks guys.

May I know why you overstayed in Japan? Did you get caught and were you deported?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2022
Schedule A is the background/declaration form.

IMM 5669.

mryoung16:

Hi cooooooks, sorry I don’t get what you meant by schedule A . Can you explain further? With thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by henrymazi: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
Yes I have been checking my email but nothing yet. I'll just have to wait sha. Thank you

Pace6:

Have you been checking your email for updates from VSF about your passport? It’s just one week, it’ll be returned to you in due course.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kikivanxx: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Please can i carry palm oil to Canada or can someone please help me with the list of approved items i can take.

God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Timex146: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2022
For those of us still waiting, God will come through for us. We will not be put to shame. Amen.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Djdimeji: 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2022
bepositive11:

May I know why you overstayed in Japan? Did you get caught and were you deported?

@bepositive11 what if someone did overstay, not caught nor deported but returned willingly.

What are your thoughts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Papapa1234: 4:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
Pls can one raise webform even tho visa has been approved.. Can I still use my details to raise webform?

I want to raise a webform to appeal to Ircc to expedite my spouse's Application...

Is this possible??

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shadybeauty: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
Please i cant find 2years PG Diploma/ Certificate program in HRM
Frankielilbaby:

Check these universities
https://www.idp.com/middleeast/search/human-resource-management/postgraduate/canada/?lang=en
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AdesinaOBD(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hi guys,
Please, i want to apply to a polytechnic for a Diploma program in Canada, i want to do all process myself, how can i pay for the application fee, which is 150CAD, and if given admission, please tell me the chance of getting a visa.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
henrymazi:
Yes I have been checking my email but nothing yet. I'll just have to wait sha. Thank you

Yes, they will have it delivered.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
Profgordons:

Your Uncle is about to rob you… run!

As in ehn!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mryoung16: 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
bepositive11:

Hi bepositive. Thanks for the head up. I had a failed asylum request and was given a specific date to leave which I wasn’t buoyant enough to fly out the country, but after 5 to six months I made some money and left voluntarily.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mryoung16: 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2022
[quote author=cooooooks post=117943633]Schedule A is the background/declaration form.

IMM 5669.

@ cooooooks. Thanks so much, I will certainly declare it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sammmypoko(m): 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2022
Thanks so much for this info

makano:
Hello Sam

I wanna believe you have already gotten Admission in this school, so you can go ahead with your Visa Application.

But on a norms, I will advise anybody to apply to Ontario colleges for their Admission. Even though this colleges are more expensive thna other colleges in other provinces, you stand a high chance of getting ur Visa (If you put in a visa application) and also future benefits in the province of Ontario..

Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.