Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1211816 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Is there anyone who is applying to Canada with the ultimate goal of studying medicine? What is your preferred or current roadmap?

Anyone who came in as a student and is now a doctor or in medical school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by obatuntun1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Happy Sunday guys, anyone here who applied from UAE(Dubai) This wait period is making me go shocked shocked shocked. Wetin Nigerians do IRCC, since July 20th.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
Anyone going to conestoga for spring let’s connect.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2022
That local intel got me ….lol….these guys knw wassup in naija..they are all over the internet sef reading our posts…these ppl advertising mfb n other banks pof deal on twitter don’t knw d damage dey r causing .
Mae we no lie to ourselves.. 90% of mfb statement as form of pof na level …lol �

loohlaah:

Let me add to this. Weather Legit or not. I’d advise you move your money to a commercial bank.
Earlier this year I submitted my application using a MFB statement with monies I saved over time. Lo and behold, I was refused. Attached is the response from IRCC. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2022
Were u able to get NOC ? I learnt to apply for another country visa from Dubai it’s not only about the emirate ID but one must have NOC from a sponsor, partner or company
obatuntun1:
Happy Sunday guys, anyone here who applied from UAE(Dubai) This wait period is making me go shocked shocked shocked. Wetin Nigerians do IRCC, since July 20th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Star46: 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
cooooooks:
Is there anyone who is applying to Canada with the ultimate goal of studying medicine? What is your preferred or current roadmap?

Anyone who came in as a student and is now a doctor or in medical school?

What people I know do is that they apply for an undergraduate degree in a science program or biomedical degree, those who already have a background in healthcare from outside Canada tend to go for physician assistant which is like another 3-4 years.

Afterwards, they apply for a Medical program to become doctors and it's very expensive so na to get money o.

It's not possible to gain entry straight into medicine from abroad, even for Canadians it's so competitive. So those coming from abroad use the above pathway to stand a chance.

Hope this helps. God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by obatuntun1(m): 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Yes, all that was done...
jaydave:
Were u able to get NOC ? I learnt to apply for another country visa from Dubai it’s not only about the emirate ID but one must have NOC from a sponsor, partner or company

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzjnr: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
cooooooks:
Memorial is very responsive. At least a few years ago. (Then they were begging people to attend).

However, they are now in huge demand so perhaps they are less responsive.
I checked the payment plans and it's really nice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
cooooooks:
In those areas, yes. No demand outside Montreal and population decrease as well: both from people moving to Montreal and borning pikins.

I think Canada needs to find better solutions to that problem. What's happening in Montreal is also happening in British Colombia and Toronto. Even if Quebec moves immigrants to rural areas, they will eventually want to move to Montreal for better opportunities - jobs, healthcare, leisure, entertainment, etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2022
cooooooks:
Willing self removal is always preferred.

I had a self removal (postal mixup messed up application) and now PR.

True, but it also depends on the reason right... your reason is justifiable and it wasn't even your fault.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thelegalpundit: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
Please helppp embarassed

thelegalpundit:
Hello everyone, please who has applied to Durham College?

I am on the first page where you get to upload passport, transcript, certificate & also choose the program… but there’s no other section to upload supporting documents (letter of intent, resume, recommendation letter).

Do I go ahead and click ‘Submit Application’? Will I be redirected to OCAS page where these requirements will be uploaded, and then application fee payment will be made?

Please help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by letsfarmnigeria: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
Djdimeji:

@bepositive11 what if someone did overstay, not caught nor deported but returned willingly.

What are your thoughts?

But once you are leaving at the airport as your passport is stamped out automatically the system dictates you over stayed and it will be in their data anytime you apply it comes up as overstayed visa , you can only be lucky if you can prove maybe on a medical note or something seriously that lead overstay to clear such record in some of this middle east nations you will be held at the airport and made to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by golor(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
Please anyone who knows any MP in Manitoba that do respond to mail should kindly help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jafian: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
International students already in Canada.
Please drop tips on how to get jobs as an international students.
For me I don’t have work experience
How do we get good jobs.
Let us help each.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
loohlaah:

Let me add to this. Weather Legit or not. I’d advise you move your money to a commercial bank.
Earlier this year I submitted my application using a MFB statement with monies I saved over time. Lo and behold, I was refused. Attached is the response from IRCC. All the best.

Nice one Loohlaah.

However, this is position by the VO is not fair nor right, they would have gone ahead to confirm the authenticity of the funds, you cannot on one hand claim that MFB fund businesses and on the other hand claim they do not fund studies. This is not a loan, this is SAVINGS by the customer, fund that is/will be readily available to the customer whenever it is needed.

This is a perfect case for JR.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShalomShalom(f): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hello House, please i need sample of recommendation letter from Oba or Baale of the community. Pls helpppp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheezy2306: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hello please can someone with a third class degree apply for masters in seneca college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
GodswillBeDone:

Hello,

I can provide assistance as regards that but terms and conditions apply. More specifically, you won't be able to get more than $2,000 and you have to use a particular bank and branch. You can shoot me an email.

Peace ✌️
Yeah I'm processing $11k+ so it's already over
And also $7k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
I need someone to help value my property.. Do anyone have contact for people that do that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
If anything, the order is in the reverse. What is happening in Toronto, Vancouver is beginning to happen to Montreal.

Montreal is especially bad because even though costs (mostly housing) are increasing to Toronto levels, wages are far from Toronto levels.

I find that Quebec is taking concrete steps, more than Toronto:
- regionalization policy
- the education policy
- wage support in some rural areas
- travel support ($500 for 1 flight ticket per year I think).

I've heard rumblings of mortgage support, rent to own support, etc.

bepositive11:

I think Canada needs to find better solutions to that problem. What's happening in Montreal is also happening in British Colombia and Toronto. Even if Quebec moves immigrants to rural areas, they will eventually want to move to Montreal for better opportunities - jobs, healthcare, leisure, entertainment, etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lamzee(m): 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lamzee:
Hello Everyone, please I’m having difficulty paying university of Calgary application fee, how do
I go about it please?
Anyone please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 6:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
Cheezy2306:
Hello please can someone with a third class degree apply for masters in seneca college
post graduate diploma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Itsrm(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Does studying in Canada(Masters) make getting PR any more easier? From what I was able to gather, after studies, you have one year post study to work and apply for PR like every other person in Nigeria through PNP or express entry.

I understand that working full time in Canada for a year does add some points to the CRS score but that one year is all the student has after studies. Meaning he or she will be back in Nigeria to apply like every other person

Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
Guest911:

Yeah I'm processing $11k+ so it's already over
And also $7k

Ow, I thought you meant for PTA. School fees payment takes 6 - 8 weeks on average according to a GTBank representative.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
Guest911:
I need someone to help value my property.. Do anyone have contact for people that do that.

I am interested in this as well please. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 6:37pm On Oct 30, 2022
But that's the issue.

Per the Quebec govt and govt affiliated agencies:
There are unfilled jobs outside Montreal, and there will be even more over the next few years.
Leisure, amenities are also great outside of Montreal.
Even infrastructure is good outside, after all the current government is voted mostly by those outside Montreal.

The major thing tying people to Montreal are:
- ethnic communities
- existing friendships
- the airport
- fear

bepositive11:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mojisola102: 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sammmypoko:

We're in the same shoes, is this lambton?

Hi,
I also got admission to Lambton. Please let’s connect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Nice one Loohlaah.

However, this is position by the VO is not fair nor right, they would have gone ahead to confirm the authenticity of the funds, you cannot on one hand claim that MFB fund businesses and on the other hand claim they do not fund studies. This is not a loan, this is SAVINGS by the customer, fund that is/will be readily available to the customer whenever it is needed.

This is a perfect case for JR.

It’s really not fair at all, if I move my money to a commercial bank, they will label it as lump sum! Na wa oh! What happened to confirming if the account is legit! Anyways I’ve submitted my mom’s mfb account already, I put everything in God’s hand now, cause this info I’m seeing is just heartbreaking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzjnr: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Please if you have any experience with Memorial University.. I'll be glad if you do justice to my questions.

1. Does Memorial University accept fees once you arrive or before leaving Nigeria

2. How can I pay using the official rate.

Thank you Very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2022
Get a dollar card … walk up to uba or gt bank and request for dollar prepaid card
Lamzee:

Anyone please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by piragirl(f): 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
Please am interested in this question,also is there WhatsApp group for Memorial University.
I also want confirmation if they have Human Resources Management diploma program.
When I searched the results is confusing am not sure .
Someone should please revert.
Thanks

Nezzjnr:
Please if you have any experience with Memorial University.. I'll be glad if you do justice to my questions.

1. Does Memorial University accept fees once you arrive or before leaving Nigeria

2. How can I pay using the official rate.

Thank you Very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Absadiq10(m): 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
piragirl:
Please am interested in this question,also is there WhatsApp group for Memorial University.
I also want confirmation if they have Human Resources Management diploma program.
When I searched the results is confusing am not sure .
Someone should please revert.
Thanks
Is it possible to use official rate ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.