Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226346 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzjnr: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
Please can anyone explain this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ozzymugabe: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
kweje:
Long Post - PPR for Ward after 2 medical furtherances. March 22nd Applicant. I was more active in part 21. GOD DID THIS.

Visa approved after 6months+. We visited IOM thrice and was XRAYED thrice. Most people know of just one repeat X-ray making it twice. If during your medicals, they notice something suspicious on your X-ray, you are asked to do Sputum tests, Repeat Xray in 3months to rule out Tuberculosis. In our case, all sputum tests were negative, 2nd Xray did not find a trace of what 1st Xray mentioned, a Pulmonologist review was requested and cleared us of any TB suspicion, IOM Panel Physician also noted NO clinical or physical symptoms of TB.

Hopefully expecting medicals to be passed, we got another email to repeat Xray in 90days -ANOTHER 3 months. It was heart breaking. (We discovered that if the difference between the 1st & 2nd X-rays was significant, then they need a confirmation of the 2nd Xray- which in our case showed the lungs were perfectly clear).

Sharing this to help someone who might need it because i didn’t find any info while it was happening on this forum and the gurus i contacted had not had no seen a case like it.

Timeline:
March 21, 2022: Upfront medicals
March 22, 2022: Application submitted
March 24, 2022: Biometrics (updated same day)
March 22nd - 24th, 2022- Sputum tests

May 4, 2022 : Noticed medical review had started, I emailed IOM to ask my ward’s result and was told they were not ready and had not sent to IRCC because the last test was still running. (On research i found out that, this happens when IRCC wants to issue a medical request but because you are on a furtherance, they cant pass the medicals yet, they just leave it on review and move on with other aspects of your application.

May 19, 2022: Sputum Tests Results NEGATIVE
June 25, 2022: 2nd Xray
June 28, 2022: Additional Request for 3rd Xray
September 9, 2022 : Started classes online
September 26th, 2022: 3rd Xray
September 27th, 2022: Medical Passed
Oct 3rd: BVL
Oct 3rd: PPR

Documents Submitted
-Letter of Acceptance
-Waec Result
-Secondary School Testimonial
-PTE results( did this for Australian admission earlier)
-CV
-Sponsor (mother) MBS - 5 months
-Tuition deposit receipt from Uni( Uni dint ask for deposit, but we paid to show commitment).
-Scholarship Award -(Submitted via webform in September because we didn’t even notice this Intl UG Entrance Scholarship until the University wrote us to accept it)
-Sponsorship letter (notarized)
-Affidavit of sponsorship (notarized)
-Letter from Sponsor’s Company
-Bonus and payment slips
-Tax receipt( uploaded that in May)
-Awards and documentary evidence sponsor’s involvement in Nigerian branch of her company.
-Lands and Property documents (one was a valuation)
-Shares certificates
-Travel History of Applicant- Visa and stamped passport pages to UK, SA, UAE, Australia and USA.
-NIN of siblings
-Data page of Mother & Father Passport
-Marriage Certificate
-Letter of Support from Father
-Authority to travel by parents (for a minor who will travel alone)
-Secondary School awards for applicant
-Family pictures
-SOP

It was so mentally draining that I left Nairaland June 28th. While waiting we stayed PRAYED up, used a combination of supplements and stayed away from colds & flu.

To all still expecting, don’t lose hope.

The few who know this story will understand @Sand4love, @Tcrown2020, @NorthernshoreTS. To all who acknowledged me in absence, I appreciate.

Thanking all the amazing people who contributed on this forum( Part 21) @Technix, @Lekkibobe( the course and colleges genius, @makano, @frankrobnn1, @osemigho and more.

It could only be delayed but not denied…. GOD DID THIS.

Congratulations

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ayodeleajayi220: 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good day house. I want to pay application fees of 125 Canadian dollars and a friend offered to assist me in paying with his dollar card since GTB couldn't allow me to pay with my master card. How much is equivalent of 125 Canadian dollar in USD. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oluoxide2(m): 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
ayodeleajayi220:
Good day house. I want to pay application fees of 125 Canadian dollars and a friend offered to assist me in paying with his dollar card since GTB couldn't allow me to pay with my master card. How much is equivalent of 125 Canadian dollar in USD. Thanks
92 USD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Draybaba0103(m): 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2022
Vlibray:

please do you know how to fix this ?.. It keeps bringing this up anytime I try to sign in

@Vlibray... Please how do you sort this issue out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Draybaba0103(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2022
kweje:

Try this Seneca Waiver Code.

Hello - thanks for your interest in Seneca College.
https://www.senecacollege.ca/international.html

See the below application fee waiver code for your use.

October - SENE9574147712 (October 1 - October 31)
Steps to Apply:https://www.senecacollege.ca/international/apply/how-to-apply.html
@Kweje... Please the session keeps timing out. What can be done to rectify it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vlibray: 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
Draybaba0103:

@Vlibray... Please how do you sort this issue out?
use google chrome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by henrymazi: 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Same here. Since October 19thbi submitted to VFS lagos. Since 21st October Tracking says its still with the embassy. Maybe something is causing the delay. They'll return it as soon as possible. But I think you should not have booked your flight before getting your passport back. Goodluck to us

daffy22:
Please guys I submitted my passport to VSF global Abuja since 2 weeks now and I haven’t heard from them. Please how can I reach them because they’re not picking up and I already bought flight ticket.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Timex146: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
For those awaiting stamped passport

[quote author=henrymazi post=118015884]Same here. Since October 19thbi submitted to VFS lagos. Since 21st October Tracking says its still with the embassy. Maybe something is causing the delay. They'll return it as soon as possible. But I think you should not have booked your flight before getting your passport back. Goodluck to us

[m

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ayodeleajayi220: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
Does anybody know if Access bank Visa card accept application fees with Canadian dollar. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ayodeleajayi220: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
Thanks so much sir.
Oluoxide2:

92 USD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolufijeh: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good day house, please who is currently in the university of Regina ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Popson09: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
I need help in responding to this pls
My application for study permit was rejected.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abeg441: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hello house, please is Police Clearance Certificate compulsory?

@olokings
@makano
@gidraft
@frankrobnn
@bullstriker
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by demz99: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
Tolufijeh:
Good day house, please who is currently in the university of Regina ?

meeeee, i'll be resuming january tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chimzy4real: 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
SENE7361893150 (Nov 1- Nov 30)

Draybaba0103:

@Kweje... Please the session keeps timing out. What can be done to rectify it?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dorker: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2022
Please bosses help me on this

Hello My brother want to study electronic engineering in Canada, though, he’s not book fan but he’s a professional in electronic engineer and he only has WAEC.

Is it possible for him to go for 1 year post secondary course
What is his chance of getting visa for the 1 year post secondary course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samy2big: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
Congratulations to you.

Please can you include the date you applied for the 2nd time and when you got the PPR.

Also, how much was in your 4months statement. How much CAD GIC did you do?

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sorry about the refusal.

1. You didn't show any documentation to show your host/sponsor's source of income: if he/she is into a business, you could have submitted the CAC certificate, receipt, pictures etc. If s/he happens to be an employee, you could have submitted a work ID and any other doc that relates the person with the job.

If you declared any asset like a land/house, you should have included the survey plan, CofO, etc.

2. The closing balance of the SOA you submitted isn't sufficient enough to cover your entire living expenses (and maybe your tuition fee as well if it is not yet paid).

You need to share all you did regarding the POF part of your application.

You can also order for the GCMS note to get a concise explanation directly from the visa officer.

Popson09:
I need help in responding to this pls
My application for study permit was rejected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samy2big: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
Gilb231:

1. LOA
2. Full tuition payment for my program. It’s a one year PGD program.
3. GIC certificate of CAD10,000
4. CAC registration for my business
5. Sales/Purchase invoice for my business
6. NECO result
7. B.Sc Degree certificate
8.NYSC Certificate
9. Birth Certificate
10. NIN
11.Personal 4months bank statement. I didn’t use MBS I just scanned a statement from my bank.
12. Passport Data page
13. Upfront Medicals from my first application November last year. I did this on purpose because I wanted to know when they ask for updated medicals.
14. Police Clearance also a year old from my last application.
15. Dom Account statement showing I bought the GIC from my personal account.
16. One page SOP. Keep it simple and concise at least in my opinion.
17.Landed property in my name as home ties. Just the survey plan.

This was my second application. I was refused on grounds of personal assets and financial status even though I had paid the complete school fees. But I had most of my funds for living expenses in a fixed deposit account in my name. I guess they don’t like fixed deposits as POF for living expenses.

What I did differently for my second application. I liquidated my fixed deposit and bought GIC. Then put the balance in my personal account. I also explained the lump sums in my SOP.

I prayed and asked God to help me. I think buying GIC and paying my full tuition was my silver lining they didn’t have any reason to say no.

Thank you to everyone that has share information on here or answered my annoying questions. I couldn’t have done it without you guys. I will do my best to help others.

Congratulations to you.

Please can you include the date you applied for the 2nd time and when you got the PPR.

Also, how much was in your 4months statement. How much CAD gic did you do?

Thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
It is not a compulsory document. But if you are a first time applicant, you can decide to include it.

Abeg441:
Hello house, please is Police Clearance Certificate compulsory?

@olokings
@makano
@gidraft
@frankrobnn
@bullstriker
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olaraz: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
golor:

These days application takes longer time reason best known to them . I applied July and got refused september . Tho I applied with out my scholarship letter cause I was unable to send my official transcript for me to get official scholarship letter and I used a sponsor then couple with money in my account.

This time I submitted my official scholarship letter of 6500 cad out of 12k cad fee payment. Submitted my account statement of 5.2m and I had to even take 15k Mpower loan so they won’t have reason to say ur finance is insufficient cause that was the reason for my previous refusal. Resumption is winter as well , I pray they attend to me on time so I won’t get to lose my scholarship cause the moment you fail to resume university Manitoba doesn’t allow deferral for masters and I applied 3rd of October...

Just hoping for the best

Good afternoon, pls how do you do it that university of Manitoba gave you scholarship from Nigeria or as international student because I heard that they don't give scholarship to international on first year, that is on second year they gave scholarship and base in one's performance in the first year. Pls can you put me through how you do it and also how you are able to get loan from Mpower too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2022
olaraz:

Good afternoon, pls how do you do it that university of Manitoba gave you scholarship from Nigeria or as international student because I heard that they don't give scholarship to international on first year, that is on second year they gave scholarship and base in one's performance in the first year. Pls can you put me through how you do it and also how you are able to get loan from Mpower too.

Please I also need to know how you did it about the loan from Mpower
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolufijeh: 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2022
demz99:

meeeee, i'll be resuming january tho.

Please I need your help. Here is my number please let’s chat on WhatsApp 08064815870
Please it’s very urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enddystar(m): 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
ScalesDemy:

Send it via email

Thank you so so much. I appreciate your kindness
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
Chimzy4real:
SENE7361893150 (Nov 1- Nov 30)

Please do you have promo code for Cape Breton University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by profeddor15: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good evening house, trust we all enjoy our day at work. Please, i need a good Samaritan who can help and assist me with a winning statement of purpose or interest for my study permit application.
I will be glad if the person can send it to my mail ID: mosesolumideadedeji@gmail.com in order for me to use it .
Thanks for your kind concern and support sir/ma.
God bless us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Etukokwu1234: 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
Yemlizzy:

Have you been assisted with this?? We have a group on watsapp and telegram.
please I would love to join the WhatsApp group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzjnr: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
piragirl:
Please am interested in this question,also is there WhatsApp group for Memorial University.
I also want confirmation if they have Human Resources Management diploma program.
When I searched the results is confusing am not sure .
Someone should please revert.
Thanks

I sent a mail to the school and they replied me with some helpful links.

You can drop your mail so I can send them to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tessyugbajah: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2022
Congratulations. I'm happy for you. Please have you gotten your passport stamp already?
kweje:
Long Post - PPR for my Ward after 2 medical furtherances. March 22nd Applicant. I was more active in part 21. GOD DID THIS.

Visa approved after 6months+. We visited IOM thrice and was XRAYED thrice. Most people know of just one repeat X-ray making it twice. If during your medicals, they notice something suspicious on your X-ray, you are asked to do Sputum tests, Repeat Xray in 3months to rule out Tuberculosis. In our case, all sputum tests were negative, 2nd Xray did not find a trace of what 1st Xray mentioned, a Pulmonologist review was requested and cleared us of any TB suspicion, IOM Panel Physician also noted NO clinical or physical symptoms of TB.

Hopefully expecting medicals to be passed, we got another email to repeat Xray in 90days -ANOTHER 3 months. It was heart breaking. (We discovered that if the difference between the 1st & 2nd X-rays was significant, then they need a confirmation of the 2nd Xray- which in our case showed the lungs were perfectly clear).

Sharing this to help someone who might need it because i didn’t find any info while it was happening on this forum and the gurus i contacted had not seen a case like it.

Timeline:
March 21, 2022: Upfront medicals
March 22, 2022: Application submitted
March 24, 2022: Biometrics (updated same day)
March 22nd - 24th, 2022- Sputum tests

May 4, 2022 : Noticed medical review had started, I emailed IOM to ask my ward’s result and was told they were not ready and had not sent to IRCC because the last test was still running. (On research i found out that, this happens when IRCC wants to issue a medical request but because you are on a furtherance, they cant pass the medicals yet, they just leave it on review and move on with other aspects of your application.

May 19, 2022: Sputum Tests Results NEGATIVE
June 25, 2022: 2nd Xray
June 28, 2022: Additional Request for 3rd Xray
September 9, 2022 : Started classes online
September 26th, 2022: 3rd Xray
September 27th, 2022: Medical Passed
Oct 3rd: BVL
Oct 3rd: PPR

Documents Submitted
-Letter of Acceptance
-Waec Result
-Secondary School Testimonial
-PTE results( did this for Australian admission earlier)
-CV
-Sponsor (mother) MBS - 5 months
-Tuition deposit receipt from Uni( Uni dint ask for deposit, but we paid to show commitment).
-Scholarship Award -(Submitted via webform in September because we didn’t even notice we got Intl UnderGraduate Entrance Scholarship until the University wrote us to accept it)
-Sponsorship letter (notarized)
-Affidavit of sponsorship (notarized)
-Letter from Sponsor’s Company
-Bonus and payment slips
-Tax receipt( uploaded that in May)
-Awards and documentary evidence sponsor’s involvement in Nigerian branch of her company.
-Lands and Property documents (one was a valuation)
-Shares certificates
-Travel History of Applicant- Visa and stamped passport pages to UK, SA, UAE, Australia and USA.
-NIN of siblings
-Data page of Mother & Father Passport
-Marriage Certificate
-Letter of Support from Father
-Authority to travel by parents (for a minor who will travel alone)
-Secondary School awards for applicant
-Family pictures
-SOP

It was so mentally draining that I left Nairaland June 28th. While waiting we stayed PRAYED up, used a combination of supplements and stayed away from colds & flu.

To all still expecting, don’t lose hope.

The few who know this story will understand @Sand4love, @Tcrown2020, @NorthernshoreTS. To all who acknowledged me in absence, I appreciate.

Thanking all the amazing people who contributed on this forum( Part 21) @Technix, @Lekkibobee( the course and colleges genius, @makano, @frankrobnn1, @osemigho and more - the information gathered from NL was used in putting together this application

It could only be delayed but not denied…. GOD DID THIS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abeg441: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2022
Tgbengus151:
It is not a compulsory document. But if you are a first time applicant, you can decide to include it.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
browin175:
Good morning guys
I’ve been following this thread for quite some time now I’ve not started my application yet just waiting on the school to finish processing applications.

I have a question pertaining to Lump sum. Pls what amount is classified as a Lump sum?

Let me use myself as a case study. I’m a crypto trader (which to my thinking isn’t a verifiable source of funds)
The account I intend using I get single deposits of At least over N7m and above daily and multiple times in a month. The Monthly total could well go over a hundred million or more likewise the withdrawals BUT it’s been consistent for a very long period of time.

How do I effectively address the source of the Lump sum?
Since I can’t say it’s crypto related I intend using my livestock farm with registered CAC but can it convince the visa officer to believe that a farm can generate such inflows and almost likely outflow.

What other ways can I use to address the Lump sum? The account I intend using is the lowest in terms of inflow and outflow and it has balance well above the required amount.

Pls i need someone to help me on this

If you can show transaction receipts and evidence to backup your crypto trading and the figures correspond with the inflow and outflow then it's worth a short. Notwithstanding, include your farm/livestock and in your LOE or SOP, tie your studies to a future goal such as acquiring knowledge and skills to improve your business or gain exposure to enable you improve productivity for your business.

I have a team that assist with applications if you need further assistance, I can point you in the right direction. But please note that they are not agents or immigration workers and you will still need to do most if not everything yourself, including submitting your application.

Peace ✌️

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.