Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219141 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wahab200148: 10:20am On Nov 01, 2022
Dorker:

The medical was done in last last week of September but nothing show on my portal

I did my medical test in September 18. And they have already updated it to medical passed since October 25
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 10:36am On Nov 01, 2022
Belxsz:
Hi, just sent an email

Hi, I have responded to your email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 10:40am On Nov 01, 2022
Tcrown2020:
[

Send me a mail on highcroftschool@gmail.com.
I will give the contact of the person that did mine . The fee is affordable.

quote author=GodswillBeDone post=117996201]

I am interested in this as well please. Thanks.

I have sent you an email. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nezzjnr: 10:44am On Nov 01, 2022
piragirl:
Ok,thanks.

ayotunde2oje@gmail.com

quote author=Nezzjnr post=118020376]
I sent a mail to the school and they replied me with some helpful links.

You can drop your mail so I can send them to you

Replied you already

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lowoa: 10:52am On Nov 01, 2022
What is MBS
Amosey:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lilkalifaa: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2022
Good morning guys,

Please can someone help me with the process of applying for PTA?
Which bank has the fastest Timeline for PTA?
Do I need to open a domiciliary account ?
I would really appreciate it if someone takes me through it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2022
Joenix99:

The link no dey work
I can’t see your mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oyefhunke(f): 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2022
Yemlizzy:

Have you been assisted with this?? We have a group on watsapp and telegram.
Please send the group link
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2022
According to my calculations this PTA tin is almost same with buying at 800plus from bdc .
For instance , u can only get 2500$ for pta and rate now is about 430.. that means with charges n all u will spend above 1.1m to get $2500 and before u cud get pta u wud hv a return ticket . Return ticket is about 2m now , add 2m to 1.1m that’s 3.1m in total expense.

At bdc rate a $2500 times 815 is 2.037m and u don’t need a return ticket or whatsoever to buy $$ from bdc . If u spend 900k for one way ticket and add this together it’s not even up to 3m. So y worrying about pta? Unless u can have a way of getting refund for not using the return ticket

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2022
My people

IRCC just requested for my Medical
Now NBCC has cancelled my addmision, I have applied to schools but I have not heard from anyone of them.

Please I need names of colleges that has quick addmision process.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeddamola(f): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hi AbionaT

Sorry about that but why was your admission cancelled.

AbionaT:
My people

Now NBCC has cancelled my addmision, I have applied to schools but I have not heard from anyone of them.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jimpix11: 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
jimpix11:
Hello house,

I landed in canada recently and planning to bring in my Nephew. He's 15years old and about to write ssce examinations.

Which college(s) can he apply to or rather where do I start from.

Kindly help. Thank you.

Can someone pls help?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2022
AbionaT:
My people

Thank you

From my experience, the fastest school in terms of admission is Fanshawe College. Hurry up and apply today, if you're lucky you'll get your LOA by Friday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lowoa: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2022
Please how much will a family of 4 need. Husband is the student while the wife and two kids are dependent

bullstriker:

Although it is preferable to apply alone, you can apply together if you have the required funds and strong home ties.

Apply for a visitor visa for the baby. Once you indicate the number of applicants in the portal, the platform will guide you on how to apply for them together. But, of course, you can always ask questions here if you get stuck.

It is preferable to wait until she gets to Canada and starts studying; You will need her study permit and proof of full-time enrolment.
The chances are high if you submit a strong application even if you were declared as a non-accompanying spouse in the study permit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2022
Congrats but please call the nbcc and beg them to reinstate your admission , send series of emotionally emails to pacify dem .. it’s easier for u to travel with that visa (cos it’s 95% granted) if u use nbcc loa dan any oda loa … another loa means another study permit process , u will have to declare to ircc and a new process will begin as to that effect
And pls can u tell us when ur app was submitted
AbionaT:
My people

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2022
oyefhunke:

Please send the group link
https:///manitobagroupmembers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2022
cooooooks:
But that's the issue.

Per the Quebec govt and govt affiliated agencies:
There are unfilled jobs outside Montreal, and there will be even more over the next few years.
Leisure, amenities are also great outside of Montreal.
Even infrastructure is good outside, after all the current government is voted mostly by those outside Montreal.

The major thing tying people to Montreal are:
- ethnic communities
- existing friendships
- the airport
- fear

Really? I've gone through a number of threads by locals in British Columbia and Ontario who have lived in Vancouver, Ottawa or Toronto and rural areas. They always say that life is boring in rural areas compared to main cities, and it's harder to find doctors.

Maybe that's not the case for Quebec? It's either that or they're just trying to lure immigrants with those claims grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Esanson: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2022
jaydave:
Congrats but please call the nbcc and beg them to reinstate your admission , send series of emotionally emails to pacify dem .. it’s easier for u to travel with that visa (cos it’s 95% granted) if u use nbcc loa dan any oda loa … another loa means another study permit process , u will have to declare to ircc and a new process will begin as to that effect
And pls can u tell us when ur app was submitted
when did u apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2022
Lilkalifaa:
Good morning guys,

Please can someone help me with the process of applying for PTA?
Which bank has the fastest Timeline for PTA?
Do I need to open a domiciliary account ?
I would really appreciate it if someone takes me through it.

I can provide assistance. Timeline: 2-3wks but terms and conditions apply. You don't need to open a domiciliary account but you will need to have an account with Stanbic or open one if you don't have. Email me or mssg me on WhatsApp +12349001362. Not that I can only guarantee that you'll get at least $2,000 and you need a return flight ticket.

Peace✌️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lowoa: 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2022
Please what is PPR[color=#550000][/color]
space01:
This is my week ,
I claim my PPR in the name of Jesus.
I will sing for joy .
I will testify in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
Lowoa:
Please what is PPR[color=#550000][/color]

PPR stands for Passport Request. It is when IRCC requests your passport for stamping/visa issuing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizz2posh: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2022
onyinye1:

How can you help

By providing you with POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
PPR don dey scarce o.
My July people, how e dey be na?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Introvert56: 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
I have had a similar experience. I did my upfront medical on 8 October and it was uploaded as passed on October 24. I don't know what to expect next.
Wahab200148:

I did my medical test in September 18. And they have already updated it to medical passed since October 25
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nerd95: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2022
Gurus, I've got a question please.

Do I need a transit visa if my flight would layover in the US for 2hrs 55mins? I am going to Toronto, Canada with a student visa.
I booked a flight with KLM and a friend told me I would need a transit visa for US. Please, is this true?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joenix99: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2022
Fulani14:

I have just gotten my admission letter for winter 2023,how do I join the group

Check your email sent you my number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cooooooks(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
Quebec makes a concerted effort to keep the regions active.

There is also a doctor shortage in the regions here, but there is a doctor shortage everywhere in QC. They are trying to fill these shortages, including with immigration (of both actual doctors and students).

bepositive11:

Really? I've gone through a number of threads by locals in British Columbia and Ontario who have lived in Vancouver, Ottawa or Toronto and rural areas. They always say that life is boring in rural areas compared to main cities, and it's harder to find doctors.

Maybe that's not the case for Quebec? It's either that or they're just trying to lure immigrants with those claims grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
Yeah, you will likely need a transit visa for a layover in the United States.

Nerd95:
Gurus, I've got a question please.

Do I need a transit visa if my flight would layover in the US for 2hrs 55mins? I am going to Toronto, Canada with a student visa.
I booked a flight with KLM and a friend told me I would need a transit visa for US. Please, is this true?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by VNjoku(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
Please I need someone with experience to advice and guide me as I try to reapply.

I applied for a study Visa and it was refused for this reasons.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

My POF was 12 million. Can someone pls assist me through this .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
When did you submitted your application?

What you need to do next is to exercise patience and remain positive. And if your application has passed the 13 weeks processing time, you can be contacting them through the webform/email to get an update on your application.

Introvert56:
I have had a similar experience. I did my upfront medical on 8 October and it was uploaded as passed on October 24. I don't know what to expect next.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nerd95: 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
My God, I applied for the transit visa (C1) today by filling the DS160 form. I then checked for available interview dates and it's Nov 2024 upwards smiley. Omo, I don mail their Lagos office to ask if I really need an interview, that my layover is just 2hrs...waiting for their response.

By the way, how do people go about the US transit visa? How long is the processing time? Are there really interviews and is it this complicated to get? Asking here because I couldn't find much info online and on other Nairaland threads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MamaBams: 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2022
Mega congratulations. I rejoice with your family. Truly, delay is not denial!
Please if you dont mind, i will like to contact you for more information as regards this further testing. Thank you.
kweje:
Long Post - PPR for my Ward after 2 medical furtherances. March 22nd Applicant. I was more active in part 21. GOD DID THIS.

Visa approved after 6months+. We visited IOM thrice and was XRAYED thrice. Most people know of just one repeat X-ray making it twice. If during your medicals, they notice something suspicious on your X-ray, you are asked to do Sputum tests, Repeat Xray in 3months to rule out Tuberculosis. In our case, all sputum tests were negative, 2nd Xray did not find a trace of what 1st Xray mentioned, a Pulmonologist review was requested and cleared us of any TB suspicion, IOM Panel Physician also noted NO clinical or physical symptoms of TB.

Hopefully expecting medicals to be passed, we got another email to repeat Xray in 90days -ANOTHER 3 months. It was heart breaking. (We discovered that if the difference between the 1st & 2nd X-rays was significant, then they need a confirmation of the 2nd Xray- which in our case showed the lungs were perfectly clear).

Sharing this to help someone who might need it because i didn’t find any info while it was happening on this forum and the gurus i contacted had not seen a case like it.

Timeline:
March 21, 2022: Upfront medicals
March 22, 2022: Application submitted
March 24, 2022: Biometrics (updated same day)
March 22nd - 24th, 2022- Sputum tests

May 4, 2022 : Noticed medical review had started, I emailed IOM to ask my ward’s result and was told they were not ready and had not sent to IRCC because the last test was still running. (On research i found out that, this happens when IRCC wants to issue a medical request but because you are on a furtherance, they cant pass the medicals yet, they just leave it on review and move on with other aspects of your application.

May 19, 2022: Sputum Tests Results NEGATIVE
June 25, 2022: 2nd Xray
June 28, 2022: Additional Request for 3rd Xray
September 9, 2022 : Started classes online
September 26th, 2022: 3rd Xray
September 27th, 2022: Medical Passed
Oct 3rd: BVL
Oct 3rd: PPR

Documents Submitted
-Letter of Acceptance
-Waec Result
-Secondary School Testimonial
-PTE results( did this for Australian admission earlier)
-CV
-Sponsor (mother) MBS - 5 months
-Tuition deposit receipt from Uni( Uni dint ask for deposit, but we paid to show commitment).
-Scholarship Award -(Submitted via webform in September because we didn’t even notice we got Intl UnderGraduate Entrance Scholarship until the University wrote us to accept it)
-Sponsorship letter (notarized)
-Affidavit of sponsorship (notarized)
-Letter from Sponsor’s Company
-Bonus and payment slips
-Tax receipt( uploaded that in May)
-Awards and documentary evidence sponsor’s involvement in Nigerian branch of her company.
-Lands and Property documents (one was a valuation)
-Shares certificates
-Travel History of Applicant- Visa and stamped passport pages to UK, SA, UAE, Australia and USA.
-NIN of siblings
-Data page of Mother & Father Passport
-Marriage Certificate
-Letter of Support from Father
-Authority to travel by parents (for a minor who will travel alone)
-Secondary School awards for applicant
-Family pictures
-SOP

It was so mentally draining that I left Nairaland June 28th. While waiting we stayed PRAYED up, used a combination of supplements and stayed away from colds & flu.

To all still expecting, don’t lose hope.

The few who know this story will understand @Sand4love, @Tcrown2020, @NorthernshoreTS. To all who acknowledged me in absence, I appreciate.

Thanking all the amazing people who contributed on this forum( Part 21) @Technix, @Lekkibobee( the course and colleges genius, @makano, @frankrobnn1, @osemigho and more - the information gathered from NL was used in putting together this application

It could only be delayed but not denied…. GOD DID THIS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.