Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221322 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ladyj143:

Actually I'm not thinking as in being worried, that's why I deferred to fall 2023, but always dreaming of receiving PPR even when I'm not sleeping

Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
mizz2posh:

Stop worrying, it won't change nothing, when it's time, we will Congratulate, and I know that will be very soon, insha Allah!

Ameen

I appreciate you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
Thomsyne:

Hi hi, do your CBSA notes show no progress?

It does

Medical passed
Background check complete
Info sharing complete
Eligibility still recommend passed
Bvl dropped today

Las las I don get fever

Dunno what the outcome will be

It is well

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Silas12345: 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
Leadforteservic:
18 months!!! shocked or 8months? Maybe it's a typo error
That's way too long! Have u bombarded them with mails and webforms?
Have u ordered GMC note?
I did ooooooo I swear bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Silas12345: 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
Leadforteservic:
18 months!!! shocked or 8months? Maybe it's a typo error
That's way too long! Have u bombarded them with mails and webforms?
Have u ordered GMC note?
18 months bro
YinksXO:
Wow, have you tried reaching out to MP?

yes they are saying they can't help because I'm outside the country
HazeeyzaH:

18 months keh.. dats a year and half... Oga ooo
Oga gan oooo bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Karishma(f): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
These are useful recommendations, but I was hoping for a higher degree. Please any suggestions for PGDip or MSc in human resources?

Thanks.

bullstriker:
Postgraduate Diploma
Post-Baccalaureate Diploma - Human Resources Management (Optional Co-op)
Kwantlen Polytechnic University - Civic Plaza
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Tuition
$12,569.00 CAD
Application fee
$120.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Human Resources Management (Optional Co-op) (2860)
Centennial College - Progress
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$15,693.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Human Resources Management (0965) (Optional Co-op)
Conestoga College - Guelph
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$14,935.00 CAD
Application fee
$100.00 CAD

These are some of the affordable ones. Let me know if you need help applying to any of these programs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
Sorry about your experience, this is a breach of trust and illegal conversion even if she tried to make it up later.
Please expose her identity and agency name so no one on this thread will fall prey to her agency.
Gurus in the house over to you to help a brother out. Thanks.
Anonymity777:

before she started work,initial payment of her workmanship was made, and as soon as the visa was approved. i.e. after PPR and the passport was sent back, her balance was made that was when i got my passport back from her, however trouble started when i requested the log in details to the school's portal and L.O.I she was reluctant to drop the info, it resulted to a heated argument we involved the police but she bribed them later on and the police withdrew the case. I had to contact the school myself to request for my details which was not an easy task on my side, eventually my login details was released to me after thorough scrutiny and explanation from me, then we discovered why she refused to release the details.
we found out that the school fees deposit we sent her to pay for last year's admission was not paid and the receipt given to us was fake as at then. my admission was deferred because decision came in very late hence my reasons for applying for another session, to cover up her criminal acts she had to pay up of recent, she must have thought the visa was not going to be given which costs her double because of the current exchange rate, i think this is why she has decided to punish me.
all i have with me are my personal details, now i regret going through an agent. what info do i need to link up my GCKEY TO A NEW APPLICATION? without my LOI i am helpleess, i really need a solution

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 10:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
Wow.. seriously following up. You have gotten your PPR ALREADY. CONGRATS IN ADVANCE shocked
7COLOURS:

It does

Medical passed
Info sharing complete
Bvl dropped today

Las las I don get fever

It is well

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
Keep bombarding them as many times as possible daily through web forms and mail

Order that GMC note to trigger a review of your application.

Pray very well and have faith it will end in grace and favor.
Silas12345:
18 months bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
7COLOURS:

It does

Medical passed
Info sharing complete
Bvl dropped today

Las las I don get fever

It is well

Your PPR will most probably drop tomorrow. Can't wait to celebrate you.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
Princeofabia:
I'm really happy for you man. Congrats. You have been really helpful here.
Thanks bro. It still feels like a dream.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teeebabyyy: 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
I'm rooting for you! It'll be a positive decision *fingers crossed*
7COLOURS:

It does

Medical passed
Info sharing complete
Bvl dropped today

Las las I don get fever

It is well

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladyj143: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2022
mizz2posh:

Day dreaming of ppr grin it will come jare just chill.

AMEN
Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Whitenaira2014: 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
IRCC just serve me breakfast+ Dinner. It's well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
johnstan:
My timeline - First time self applicant - New portal.

*Upfront medicals - 22nd June
*Application - 5th July
*Biometrics letter came 8th July
*Biometrics appointment - 14th July
*Medicals updated - 19th July
[/b]Medicals update change from "we are yet to receive your request" to *we did not receive your request". I panicked and sent my e-medical sheet like 5 times via webform and email before it was updated.[b]
*Biometrics updated - 22nd August.
[/b]Then the long wait[b]
*Eligibility started - Oct 26th after over 13 weeks I applied.
*Bvl dropped - 14th Nov
*PPR - 15th Nov.

My documents:
*School's LOA
*Letter of introduction from my office
*Job appointment letter
*Office ID
*4 months pay slip
*Birth certificate, NIMC slip and passport
*POF - N1.5m
*Pension certificate
*Waec certificate
*Nysc certificate
*High school certificate
*University certificate
*WES evaluation report
*Police clearance certificate.

Sponsors documents (mum and bro)
*Their passports
*Their work appointment letters
*Their work IDs
*Their affidavits and ordinary signed letters of sponsorship
*POF (N10m and N5m)
*Irrevocable power of attorney for the only landed property we have
*Birthday certificate of all my siblings
*Several family pictures.

This application was just God. My first post on thread 21 is attached to show you how nervous and scared I was.
I made up my mind and started the journey in May 2022, got admission 3 weeks into the month and came to Nairaland for visa application advice. I went through several threads before arriving at thread 21 and I was immediately discouraged with the documents I saw people packaging. People had landed properties, business/personal/sponsors accounts with tens/hundreds of millions as turnover and balance, gift deeds here and there, affidavits of different kinds, scholarships etc, so I spent the entire June gathering the documents I could.
I had over 30 supporting documents so shrinking it to 2mb was no child's play. I eventually did and uploaded without checking it. I checked afterwards and realized that [/b]half of documents were blurry and unreadable[b], I almost died lol. I just left everything. I'm not a spiricoco person but I don't doubt the God factor so I prayed the little I could every morning till PPR dropped.
My take away:
Your documents and packaging are important but at the end it's God so don't get carried away with self confidence and don't be discouraged as well, put in your best and leave the rest to God.
I had up to 15 SOP drafts till I couldn't draft any more and used the last one to apply so don't underestimate the power of your SOP and do a good job with it.

How do I submit my passport, please help.

Congratulations Brother. May Maple town favour you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
Thomsyne:

I salute mehn. 3 years program with roughly 15M as PoF.
How much are your school fees, if you don't mind.

Lol it's crazy I know. It's as expensive as you can imagine. I knew it barely covered 2 yrs and seeing People's POF and explanation here was a great discouragement so i explained the hell out of my SOP as regards that stating that subsequent years would not be a problem.
It may not work for everyone but it worked for me. I even quoted their IRCC minimum requirement for POF at some point and explained that I had more than that lol.
It's just God that did it for me.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 11:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
Congratulations �

johnstan:
My timeline - First time self applicant - New portal.

*Upfront medicals - 22nd June
*Application - 5th July
*Biometrics letter came 8th July
*Biometrics appointment - 14th July
*Medicals updated - 19th July
[/b]Medicals update change from "we are yet to receive your request" to *we did not receive your request". I panicked and sent my e-medical sheet like 5 times via webform and email before it was updated.[b]
*Biometrics updated - 22nd August.
[/b]Then the long wait[b]
*Eligibility started - Oct 26th after over 13 weeks I applied.
*Bvl dropped - 14th Nov
*PPR - 15th Nov.

My documents:
*School's LOA
*Letter of introduction from my office
*Job appointment letter
*Office ID
*4 months pay slip
*Birth certificate, NIMC slip and passport
*POF - N1.5m
*Pension certificate
*Waec certificate
*Nysc certificate
*High school certificate
*University certificate
*WES evaluation report
*Police clearance certificate.

Sponsors documents (mum and bro)
*Their passports
*Their work appointment letters
*Their work IDs
*Their affidavits and ordinary signed letters of sponsorship
*POF (N10m and N5m)
*Irrevocable power of attorney for the only landed property we have
*Birthday certificate of all my siblings
*Several family pictures.

This application was just God. My first post on thread 21 is attached to show you how nervous and scared I was.
I made up my mind and started the journey in May 2022, got admission 3 weeks into the month and came to Nairaland for visa application advice. I went through several threads before arriving at thread 21 and I was immediately discouraged with the documents I saw people packaging. People had landed properties, business/personal/sponsors accounts with tens/hundreds of millions as turnover and balance, gift deeds here and there, affidavits of different kinds, scholarships etc, so I spent the entire June gathering the documents I could.
I had over 30 supporting documents so shrinking it to 2mb was no child's play. I eventually did and uploaded without checking it. I checked afterwards and realized that [/b]half of documents were blurry and unreadable[b], I almost died lol. I just left everything. I'm not a spiricoco person but I don't doubt the God factor so I prayed the little I could every morning till PPR dropped.
My take away:
Your documents and packaging are important but at the end it's God so don't get carried away with self confidence and don't be discouraged as well, put in your best and leave the rest to God.
I had up to 15 SOP drafts till I couldn't draft any more and used the last one to apply so don't underestimate the power of your SOP and do a good job with it.

How do I submit my passport, please help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladyj143: 11:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
7COLOURS:

It does

Medical passed
Info sharing complete
Bvl dropped today

Las las I don get fever

It is well

You don reach your promise land, this is good news, success shall locate us las Las i pray

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
After using the MBS I don't need printouts right?

johnstan:

I used MBS. I don't really know about GIC or what it entails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladyj143: 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
Whitenaira2014:

Chai, this the kind of news that makes me go offline for hours. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
How do I contact you bro? 0.816.7.45.5.668

apeja2017:

My form a only takes 6 working days. Because am in the system.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
Winnerpoks:
What's MBS please?

My bank statement - MBS. It's your bank statement sent to IRCC directly by your bank as against the traditional printed, signed and stamped statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
Whitenaira2014:

Don't be discouraged. It can be painful after the long wait. Repackage and refire.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2022
Thanks much bro, can we connect? 0816 745 5668

johnstan:

My bank statement - MBS. It's your bank statement sent to IRCC directly by your bank as against the traditional printed, signed and stamped statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2022
johnstan:

It will end In praises .
The new portal was introduced during COVID or so, not sure, so it's quite new.
My plan was to use the old Portal but had issues with payment back then so i switched to the new portal thinking it would solve the payment. I later figured it was cos I was using a naira card so I stuck with the new portal.
If not for the 2mb thingy, the new portal was great, it saved me the stress of filing those numerous pdfs lol.

Please, can you help with link of the new and old portal...

Also, how did you address your SOP? And to whom was your letter of introduction from your workplace addressed too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2022
7COLOURS:

It does

Medical passed
Info sharing complete
Bvl dropped today

Las las I don get fever

It is well
congratulations in advance. Finally, It has ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:00am On Nov 16, 2022
If you're Lambton college bound(Toronto or Sarnia) please send me a message on Whatsapp 08.16 .74.5 56.6.8.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:01am On Nov 16, 2022
Amen

Tolifefun:
congratulations in advance. Finally, It has ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 12:19am On Nov 16, 2022
hammed71:
Good morning guys, my biometric appointment is tomorrow at lekki, please what other documents did you take along apart from your passport and biometric appointment letter.
Thank you

Print your 3-Page instruction letter (in coloured)
Make two photocopies of your passport data page (in coloured) and write your email address and phone number on both.
Your Biometric appointment slip.
Go with your original passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2022
Leadforteservic:
Wow.. seriously following up. You have gotten your PPR ALREADY. CONGRATS IN ADVANCE shocked

Amen ooooo

Many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.