Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1247095 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamDavidJames(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2022
Zeed13:
The online platform brought me a request for a medical exam (img).
I don't know what this means.
Please note: I am just registering and trying to upload my pdf etc.

While answering the question, you probably selected that you completed medical examination that's why. You will need to either do a medical examination with one of Canada's approved physicians and upload the medical sheet or you go back to the questionnaire and answer "no" when asked if you have completed medical examination.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2022
Zeed13:
Please guys is the usual way?
Is this how it should be?
Thanks.

Yes, that's how it should be, I think once you download the document it should show you option of choosing if you would need medical assessment based on list of countrys that needs medical assessment, fill accordingly, upload and proceed.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
sammyfrance23:
Good day gurus,
I’m traveling soon, do I need to fill ArriveCAN?

It is no longer required as of 1st Oct.
Someone filled it out recently while traveling and his details could not be verified from the app at the Canadian immigration when he arrived.
Just make sure you have the required documents handy and don't bank on the app.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamDavidJames(m): 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
Merciful96:
Good afternoon, Guru

Please I need help.

2nd Time Applicant

Application submitted October 8, 2022.
Eligibility. November 21, 2022
Medical pass. -. November 21,2022

Application differed three times and designated learning resume January 9,2023. No information up till this moment, Please any idea what I can do. Though, I keep sending mails and request for GCMS note.

Hi, I think ordering CBSA notes/GCMS notes and firing emails and webforms seems like your best shot. Did you send mails and webforms before your eligibility started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
@Jaykeh

I think i got your mail but could not respond, wassup
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2022
ChiPromise:

Pls did was it SDS or non SDS?

Nọn SDS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aduragbemioluwa: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2022
Congratulations to you
Introvert56:
So I dropped a message about my PPR earlier and my timeline is as follows:

Application Submitted Sept 26
Biometrics Done Sept 30
Medicals Done Oct 8
Medicals Uploaded to Pass Oct 24
Eligibility and Background Check started Oct 24
PPR Dropped Nov 29

Documents Provided

Letter of explanation about 4 pages
University Certificate and Transcript
NYSC Certificate
Work Employment letter, work ID card, and work promotion letters from 2018 - to date
Letter of Sponsorship (Signed by my dad)
My bank statement (9M Lump sum)
Mutual Fund (27M)
Fixed Deposit (31M)
Joint Property Ownership Documents from my parents
Parents Marriage Certificate
Family pictures
Family member's passport data page
Travel History for the past 10 years with all visas (USA 6 times, UK two times, and Dubai 3 times)
Police Character Certificate
Birth Attestation
Admission letter from DLI
Evidence of payment of Acceptance Deposit

Good luck to everyone still expecting to hear good news. It will come soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
johnstan:
@Jaykeh

I think i got your mail but could not respond, wassup

Yeah, I wanted to know if you have gotten your ppt back, but I saw your comment earlier about going for it on Monday, then when did VFS send you an email since you were tracking it through courier, is it same day it got to Abuja they confirmed they have received it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2022
Prolly u have answered to something wrongly during the questionnaire page .. I don’t think the medical request should be added to d option on ur SP application. Or maybe ircc has adopted another style
Zeed13:
The online platform brought me a request for a medical exam (img).
I don't know what this means.
Please note: I am just registering and trying to upload my pdf etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aduragbemioluwa: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2022
Congratulations to you
Malcomsaint:
Alhamdulillah.
It’s PPR
Second time applicant

First application got refused Sep 2021

Second application 1 July 2022
Eligibility started 25 August
Medicals updated 17 October
PPR 29 Nov

Self Sponsor
Documents submitted
LOA
1year school fee receipt
11M Bank statement 4months
Gift deed 5M notarized
Study leave
Land Documents
Pension statement
ID cards
4 months Pay slips
LOE
SOP
BIRT Certificate of family
Employment Letters
Promotion letter
ICAN certificate
NYSC certificate
Uni School certificate
WAEC
CV
The three IME forms required.

I thank God , I thank Me , I thank everyone on this platform you all have contributed to this one way or the other. And I thank Ketima . It has ended in praise.

Please someone should please advise me on steps involved on the submissions of passport.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2022
Wait for it to mature if the maturity date is near .. even if the maturity date isn’t near u can also liquidate it just to show ur commitment to d VO and show that d cash is available in liquid not investment .. Also, add d FD certificate and anything that relates to d FD txn into ur pof
CrystalMax:
Seniors,
Please can I use my fixed deposit certificate as proof of funds? or I should just wait till it matures before submitting my application.
Advice a brother please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2022
sammyfrance23:
Good day gurus,
I’m traveling soon, do I need to fill ArriveCAN?
No you don't need to fill ArriveCan anymore but you need proof of COVID 19 vaccine @ Nigeria international airport/lagos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2022
Jaykeh:

Yeah, I wanted to know if you have gotten your ppt back, but I saw your comment earlier about going for it on Monday, then when did VFS send you an email since you were tracking it through courier, is it same day it got to Abuja they confirmed they have received it?

Oh ok,
I got all the notification emails from DHL from the date I dropped it off till it was delivered to VFS Lagos.
I got the ppt receipt acknowledgment mail from VFS the same day DHL notified me of the successful delivery.
I also got subsequent emails from VFS from their dispatch to Abuja, to IRCC then back to ABUJA, and VFS Lagos.
I was not tracking VFS delivery tho cos I'm not sure it is trackable, I only chatted with them often for feedback.
The timeline was 15 days (10 working days)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aduragbemioluwa: 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
Congratulations to you
okay4sure:
PPR Time !!!! people of Nairalander join me to praise the LORD.........Hallelujah !!!!
In fact God is faithful and I am hopeful....
Submitted June 16th
Upfront Medicals Done July 18th
Medical passed and Eligibility review on August 4th after a series of email and web form
raises.
PPR November 29 after I sent a series of emails and web forms.
Is a family Application Still waiting for my spouse visiting visa. I thank this platform because I did it alone with all the knowledge I acquired from naira land. I am not a good writer but I wrote my SOP myself. I pray , pray and pray, Jesus did it. God answers prayers
For those expectant, God will answer your prayers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
Predator188:

No you don't need to fill ArriveCan anymore but you need proof of COVID 19 vaccine @ Nigeria international airport/lagos

Wait oh, is covid vaccine compulsory?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeed13: 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
Thank you for your reply.
I actually did not pick that I have given medical before because I have not. So here, I picked NO
I think it's because I picked YES that I have lived in some territories.

So do I go online to download a form of the request for the medical exam?
Because on the online platform, nothing is there to download. It only says upload and indicates its required.

Please share me your thought.
Thanks once again.

Jaykeh:

Yes, that's how it should be, I think once you download the document it should show you option of choosing if you would need medical assessment based on list of countrys that needs medical assessment, fill accordingly, upload and proceed.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blackgoldjoe: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Blackgoldjoe:

Hello NL family. I contacted a MP about my study application. Application was submitted JULY 27TH and still no update yet. Eligibility review started over 3weeks now. But MP got back to me via email that criminality has passed and further review is needed eligibility. Does anyone on here no exactly what IRCC still reviewing further? @makano @ frankrobben1and other gurus in the house pls help!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CrystalMax: 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2022
jaydave:
Wait for it to mature if the maturity date is near .. even if the maturity date isn’t near u can also liquidate it just to show ur commitment to d VO and show that d cash is available in liquid not investment .. Also, add d FD certificate and anything that relates to d FD txn into ur pof
Thanks bro.
I appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2022
johnstan:

Oh ok,
I got all the notification emails from DHL from the date I dropped it off till it was delivered to VFS Lagos.
I got the ppt receipt acknowledgment mail from VFS the same day DHL notified me of the successful delivery.
I also got subsequent emails from VFS from their dispatch to Abuja, to IRCC then back to ABUJA, and VFS Lagos.
I was not tracking VFS delivery tho cos I'm not sure it is trackable, I only chatted with them often for feedback.
The timeline was 15 days (10 working days)

Oh okay, thank you. I've not gotten any email from both DHL and VFS, although I tracked that of DHL and it has been delivered to Abuja, no confirmation FROM VFS yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2022
Zeed13:
Thank you for your reply.
I actually did not pick that I have given medical before because I have not. So here, I picked NO
I think it's because I picked YES that I have lived in some territories.

So do I go online to download a form of the request for the medical exam?
Because on the online platform, nothing is there to download. It only says upload and indicates its required.

Please share me your thought.
Thanks once again.

Click on the question mark close to that upload and read the information, I think from there will understand better but I remember downloading a form there where I just ticked YES and uploaded it back cos I was asked if my country is one of the designated countries that needs medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2022
Thank you, @amila20042001. I have answered @ gud4real to the best of my knowledge
amila20042001:
@ bullstriker, kindly be of assistance here.
Your expertise in this regard knows no bounds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:56pm On Dec 03, 2022
Yes, you can apply for masters after completing a PGD/PGC. However, paying an Int’l tuition fee for masters after completing PGD is not a good idea. So, I would advise you to apply for PGWP after you complete your PGD and work toward your PR. With a provincial nominee, you could be eligible to apply for PR within six months; and then do your MSc in Psychology after you have received your PR.

You can apply to any of these programs.

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Autism and Behavioural Science (C405)
George Brown College - Waterfront
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$15,480.00 CAD
Application fee
CAD 95.00

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Mental Health and Disability Management (475)
Mohawk College - Fennell
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$26,310.00 CAD
Application fee
CAD 100.00

Let me know if you want me to apply for you.
gud4real:
Good day everyone.am a graduate of psychology with 3.26 CGPA on a scale of 5.0(65.2%)which Post graduate certificate/diploma will you recommend for me that will allow me qualify for masters in psychology and which college with high rate of acceptance for admission will you recommend for me with cheap tuition fees deposit.kindly help me.thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kingo99: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hello guys, has anyone here used VFS Courier Service to have their passport delivered to their residential address?

Need help concerning this please, anyone who has ever use VFS courier service.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2022
Jaykeh:

Oh okay, thank you. I've not gotten any email from both DHL and VFS, although I tracked that of DHL and it has been delivered to Abuja, no confirmation FROM VFS yet.

Hmm, that's strange.
Funny question but are you sure you have access to the email address you used to apply for your permit cos I am not sure if it will be sent to the same email you put down when transmitting your ppt - i think thats for DHL.
I got all my notifications from the email I applied with - the same email I received all my IRCC notifications through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2022
Kingo99:

Hello guys, has anyone here used VFS Courier Service to have their passport delivered to their residential address?

Need help concerning this please, anyone who has ever use VFS courier service.

I wanted to because of my schedule but when I saw the cost I decided to go there myself after confirming I could do that in person.
- cost is $56.71 - N18,710.00 - 1 Way Courier (per package)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chixzgoge: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hello, fam please is anyone applying to Fleming college Canada?

I applied for PGD in sustainable agriculture.

Please any idea how long it takes to be given Admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2022
johnstan:

Hmm, that's strange.
Funny question but are you sure you have access to the email address you used to apply for your permit cos I am not sure if it will be sent to the same email you put down when transmitting your ppt - i think thats for DHL.
I got all my notifications from the email I applied with - the same email I received all my IRCC notifications through

I have access to the email, it's same email I have used for everything concerning this application including my school, maybe I will wait till Monday and send them an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2022
Jaykeh:

I have access to the email, it's same email I have used for everything concerning this application including my school, maybe I will wait till Monday and send them an email.

Ok great.
Why not chat instead of sending emails you're not sure when you will get a response.
I always get VFS on chat. They resume at 9 am so I chat with them from 9:00 to 9:15.
They may give you a generic response but at least you know someone gave you a response on a live conversation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2022
Chixzgoge:
Hello, fam please is anyone applying to Fleming college Canada?

I applied for PGD in sustainable agriculture.

Please any idea how long it takes to be given Admission?

The timeline is usually from 3 weeks and above depending on available seats in your program and your qualifications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2022
johnstan:

Ok great.
Why not chat instead of sending emails you're not sure when you will get a response.
I always get VFS on chat. They resume at 9 am so I chat with them from 9:00 to 9:15.
They may give you a generic response but at least you know someone gave you a response on a live conversation.

Okay, that's what I will do. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
amila20042001:
Please anyone with relevant information, kindly be of assistance
I am almost done with my application to the same school and the same course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thelz: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2022
Please oo @johnstan how do I contact an mp of my school ..my school starts 2nd January ooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.