Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220343 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 2:48am On Dec 04, 2022
Merciful96:
Good afternoon, Guru

Please I need help.

2nd Time Applicant

Application submitted October 8, 2022.
Eligibility. November 21, 2022
Medical pass. -. November 21,2022

Application differed three times and designated learning resume January 9,2023. No information up till this moment, Please any idea what I can do. Though, I keep sending mails and request for GCMS note.

Hello,

Just keep sending mails/webforms and order gcms note to help you understand the stage of your application while you pray for speedy decison.

At this point, there is nothing much you can do than as stated above.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 2:55am On Dec 04, 2022
Victodan:
Pls gurus in the house.l submitted my study visa app on 11th September and l have not been called for medicals. Is it normal.

Hello,

Kindly note that delay is normal. But I would advice you book medicals and get it done and send to IRCC so you don't delay your application the more. Medicals has expiration of 1year, so you have nothing to loose by doing it early. Available dates are getting scarce
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:12am On Dec 04, 2022
Proof of business Reg
One-year bank statement ( you can submit MBS)
Tax documents
Letter of sponsor
The board of directors’ resolution on financing your education
Proof of business transactions like invoices, waybills etc

This list is not exhaustive.

Best of luck.

drealsahmy:
Okay thanks

Please what documents is required of the company to provide to me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RelaxingEnd: 5:08am On Dec 04, 2022
Ketima:

Hello,

This is another good point. Sometimes we always think is all about docs. Now if the company doesn't have tax clearance certificate maybe as the company isn't remitting tax directly to the FIRS as the case maybe, how will ircc believe such company exist.

Now, as someone into busying and selling(I guess), how do you prove you pay tax? Some use there waybills and receipt to show they pay tax when the purchase their goods. This are the things you have to explain in your SOP. Also, to back up the explanation that you're paying tax when you purchase goods, you can get the manufacturer to issue you a letter of identification or recommendation that highlighted your existences and even make comment on tax payment in the letter. With this, you can establish the existence of the company.

So lets be creative in our application and not create holes of doubt in Vos mind.

Great take! Yes, you're right about the tax clearance certificate and these are valid points, but I didn't include it in mine. To show that the company exists and is still operating, we had to update our status on CAC's portal. It had been showing "inactive" when searched previously.

I don't know if Canada checks if a company is active or not, but I'm very sure UK does, because that's exactly what affected my brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 5:12am On Dec 04, 2022
Please who has booked flight with kiss and fly angency? How genuine are they?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by organza(m): 6:11am On Dec 04, 2022
Hello
Please can you kindly recommend a hospital in Abuja for medicals that has quick service.. Thanks

Hello,

Kindly note that delay is normal. But I would advice you book medicals and get it done and send to IRCC so you don't delay your application the more. Medicals has expiration of 1year, so you have nothing to loose by doing it early. Available dates are getting scarce [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 6:37am On Dec 04, 2022
Yes, any stop at US requires a transit visa
Jafian:
Gurus help me don’t skip my post does she require transit visa.
Booking with Ethiopian airlines
Abuja to Vancouver.
Urgent pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 6:43am On Dec 04, 2022
Why not go directly to the website of the airline and do your bookings yourself. And save yourself the agent Wahala and commission
Ojb555666:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 6:45am On Dec 04, 2022
Ok, it's recognising your IP address as someone domiciled in UAE. Ask someone in Nigeria to assist you with the booking.
Ojb555666:

I'm trying to book from UAE but keeps giving me only option of paying in dirham which is more expensive because of exchange rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ishola2002: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2022
Thomsyne:

So I'm ngl, your question isn't straightfoward. Do you mean that you are having issues compressing it to 2mb?
Or you are trying to upload the 2mb file and it isn't going? Or you wanna know how to reduce file size to 2mb?
I don't know how to do that bro, I am even thinking of getting an agent cos I don't know how to go about that I mean compressing my documents to 2mb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 7:13am On Dec 04, 2022
More contributions are welcome. Thanks guys
amila20042001:
Guys who knows about the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration in Memorial University of Newfoundland MUN.

The program is a 5 course program and can be completed in 2 semesters.

Please knows about this program? Hope it's PGWP eligible? Though in DLI website all MUN programs are PGWP eligible.

My concern is that it's only a 5 course program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:17am On Dec 04, 2022
Ishola2002:
I don't know how to do that bro, I am even thinking of getting an agent cos I don't know how to go about that I mean compressing my documents to 2mb

Compressing docs is not an easy tasks especially for the new portal with 2mb max permission.

First ensure your POF statement isn't part of the documents you are attempting to shrink because it can cost you the application if the information on the statement are not legible to comprehend - use MBS.

To achieve this feat, you're to use several pdf compression apps or web pages - I used up to 7.
Add all the files to one file on adobe PDF and hit the compress option, once it's done, check that the documents are still readable.
Now Google pdf compression sites online and try to compress the already compressed document from Adobe. Some sites will give you the option to set the quality of what the outcome shud be. Do this repeatedly on several pages/sites, each time with the previously compressed file untill you hit 2mb.

[/b]ENSURE[b] you check each file before you further compress to ensure the documents contained are still readable. I forgot to do this when I uploaded mine only to realise that half of the documents were all faded out. Thankfully my SOP was still manageable and I used MBS for my POF.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by elrey14: 7:17am On Dec 04, 2022
Ketima:

Hello,

Then the presentation of your application could have paved a way. I am just an ordinary person but I have already seen something. You have a big company of such magnitude but you're submitting his personal account fr proof of funds. So what then happens to the company account?

Please as I said, I'm not trying to antagonize your application. I'm trying to critique it strategically placed he way VOs do our application. That is just one fault I find here. I'm not saying submitting personal account and not business account is bad, but when we make some claims (sorry I don't know another word to use,don't be offended), we give visa officers room to doubt.

Another thing you need to note is that, you're not the first Nigeria applicant to submit docs. The more applicants submit bogus claims, the VOs gets most strict on subsequent applicants.

So just get your note and get to know the actual reason the VO rejected your application. No application is perfect. Is just about good presentation and God's grace.

Wish you all the best.

Hi Ketima, I would like to seek knowledge, any chance I could email you as I am new here, would appreciate your welcome too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2022
Ojb555666:

When you click on pay, it will redirect you to dirham as I'm trying to book from UAE

Did you change the country at the top to Nigeria? Usually you see a flag, you can click it then click the (English) besides Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2022
amila20042001:
More contributions are welcome. Thanks guys

If you wait for who has knowledge about certain programs/schools, you might wait a long time or end up with a wrong response from asking repeatedly.
Personally I sent mails to several schools when I was looking for admission and I was thankful I did when I got their responses, it saved me from applying to so many pgwp non eligible programs even when the school was a DLI.

Why not head to the school's page, navigate and obtain their international student's enquiry email and send them a couple of emails to obtain first hand information. You will be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ishola2002: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2022
johnstan:

Compressing docs is not an easy tasks especially for the new portal with 2mb max permission.

First ensure your POF statement isn't part of the documents you are attempting to shrink because it can cost you the application if the information on the statement are not legible to comprehend - use MBS.

To achieve this feat, you're to use several pdf compression apps or web pages - I used up to 7.
Add all the files to one file on adobe PDF and hit the compress option, once it's done, check that the documents are still readable.
Now Google pdf compression sites online and try to compress the already compressed document from Adobe. Some sites will give you the option to set the quality of what the outcome shud be. Do this repeatedly on several pages/sites, each time with the previously compressed file untill you hit 2mb.

[/b]ENSURE[b] you check each file before you further compress to ensure the documents contained are still readable. I forgot to do this when I uploaded mine only to realise that half of the documents were all faded out. Thankfully my SOP was still manageable and I used MBS for my POF.

Thanks a lot, this is what have been giving me headache ever since. Thanks ones again, I really appreciate. I will do what u just said
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2022
Ojb555666:

Please be careful with agents and booking agencies.
Get to the airline directly and make enquiries/book.

My experience with wakanow and travelstart was beyond funny. They can help you with cheap flights that might ruin you.
It was from checking with the airlines directly I realised that Most of the cheap flights these agencies were advertising had several stopovers that would require transit visas or some sort of visa, the flight time could be over 30 hrs or they book flights that would require you to change airports, change Terminals etc, restrict your baggage options especially with the airport changing or terminal changing.

Be careful bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 7:41am On Dec 04, 2022
I have actually sent some mails to the admissions and international enquiries and they didn't come out straight with their responses.

They only referred me to the PGWP page of IRCC for further reading. Meanwhile, the DLI website didn't specify any program of Memorial University of Newfoundland as non PGWP eligible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, if certain programs in a DLI institution are not eligible for PGWP, it will be specified in the website, there's always a"details" to click on the website to see more information about programs that are not eligible for PGWP.
johnstan:

If you wait for who has knowledge about certain programs/schools, you might wait a long time or end up with a wrong response from asking repeatedly.
Personally I sent mails to several schools when I was looking for admission and I was thankful I did when I got their responses, it saved me from applying to so many pgwp non eligible programs even when the school was a DLI.

Why not head to the school's page, navigate and obtain their international student's enquiry email and send them a couple of emails to obtain first hand information. You will be glad you did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aji2000(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2022
Chixzgoge:
Hello, fam please is anyone applying to Fleming college Canada?

I applied for PGD in sustainable agriculture.

Please any idea how long it takes to be given Admission?

Mine took months o. I applied through the OCAS portal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 8:03am On Dec 04, 2022
Those resuming January, which flight did you book? These 2m + is too much..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2022
makano:
Hello Esanson

If you really want a response from IRCC, send a minimum of 5 emails every day to Nairobi, Lagos and London, but Nairobi in particular.

Your application has passed the processing time of 12 weeks, so you have every right to send them multiple mails especially when your resumption is getting close..

Peace

How do you guys come up with these numbers?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abeg441: 8:27am On Dec 04, 2022
Juxxi:
Guys please help me, I'm planning to apply for a second degree in uni Manitoba but I have a third class degree and I'm skeptical about it because my GPA doesn't meet the requirements for the course on the school website they all have 2.0

I just want to know if anyone here has applied for second degree into uni Manitoba and was granted admission

Good morning, were you still able to secure admission at any college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2022
amila20042001:
I have actually sent some mails to the admissions and international enquiries and they didn't come out straight with their responses.

They only referred me to the PGWP page of IRCC for further reading. Meanwhile, the DLI website didn't specify any program of Memorial University of Newfoundland as non PGWP eligible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, if certain programs in a DLI institution are not eligible for PGWP, it will be specified in the website, there's always a"details" to click on the website to see more information about programs that are not eligible for PGWP.

Ok, if the program is not specified as ineligible then you're fine.
Most ineligible programs are programs less than 2 semesters - 8 months, while some use credit loads to judge. These are mostly certificate programs if I'm not mistaken.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Don't think it was either of them.

SDS and non SDS are mostly for indians ( correcte if I'm wrong)

Sorry I meant NSE or Regular
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 9:05am On Dec 04, 2022
johnstan:

My take on this,
No one here would know for sure the reason for the one month Delay except VFS themselves. The email correspondence you got came with a tracking ID, VFS live chat resumes 9am Mon - Fri, have your tracking ID handy, initiate a chat (it might take a few minutes to get routed to an agent but the earlier you initiate the chat the faster), ask for feedback regarding your ppt retrieval, paste your tracking ID on the chat and wait for the agents feedback.
The feedback might be generic but probe further to be given a timeline, have a life interaction with them and you will be glad you did.

Good luck.

The bottom line is that contacting VFS won't be of any use. They'll either tell you the passport isn't ready or you should contact the embassy. @jilenwere your best bet is to write IRCC.

VFS is still responsible for this in my opinion. They may have routed the passports to the wrong embassy & realised later on. There's a lot of mix-up. Especially for those who submitted late October - early November. They're the ones experiencing this delay.

Write to Nairobi, Lagos & Abuja. You may include London, Accra & Shanghai but they're not necessary. One VFS agent told me last Wednesday when I went to their office, that the passports are stamped in Kenya. So you may want to focus on Nairobi.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KimberleyNl: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2022
Good morning everyone, please kindly help, what is the Tuition deposit for Canadore college? Also can I use unofficial transcripts to apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 9:15am On Dec 04, 2022
Just read that the program is only a total of 15 credit hours and can be completed in 2 semesters of full time study.

Don't you think 15 credit hours is small to be eligible for PGWP.

Note a traditional semester work for full-time study is 15 credit hours and 30 credit hours for one year
johnstan:

Ok, if the program is not specified as ineligible then you're fine.
Most ineligible programs are programs less than 2 semesters - 8 months, while some use credit loads to judge. These are mostly certificate programs if I'm not mistaken.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ToryWoods(m): 9:16am On Dec 04, 2022
Oreoluwamipo:
Guys please help, i submitted my passport through DHL to Lagos VFS where i had my biometrics since last week Tuesday , i got my counterfoil on Wednesday and Letter of Introduction on Thursday and up till now i haven't received my stamped passport, should i be worried please , my flight is next week , please how do i go about this?

Hey. Wassup? You sent me an email concerning that contact at Pickering. Sorry I’m replying late. I lost the login to the mail. Hope you’ve settled down fully now…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 9:26am On Dec 04, 2022
Good morning guys,I checked my portal just now and I noticed ircc sent me LOA after one year of waiting...but my concern is I saw the request late..Requirements overdue since Nov 29...please can I still send them? I’m seriously scared right now
URGENT PLS�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2022
gaeul:
Those resuming January, which flight did you book? These 2m + is too much..

Uptil now i havent seen any airfare less than 2m... e tire me.. abeg incase u see..quote me my sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 9:40am On Dec 04, 2022
I will def quote… Pls peeps any affordable flight for January??
HazeeyzaH:

Uptil now i havent seen any airfare less than 2m... e tire me.. abeg incase u see..quote me my sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 9:46am On Dec 04, 2022
Wealthh:
Good morning guys,I checked my portal just now and I noticed ircc sent me LOA after one year of waiting...but my concern is I saw the request late..Requirements overdue since Nov 29...please can I still send them? I’m seriously scared right now
Please some should reply me I’m begging
URGENT pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.