Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221293 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2022
Nawa oo.. na on October we dey discuss dis ticket tin on this thread and booking den for Jan flight date on qatar airways was 715k for return ticket …and now to book na 2m …. Wahala !!!
HazeeyzaH:

Uptil now i havent seen any airfare less than 2m... e tire me.. abeg incase u see..quote me my sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2022
Check out Ethiopian airlines, it's affordable
gaeul:
I will def quote… Pls peeps any affordable flight for January??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lentomac: 10:03am On Dec 04, 2022
organza:
Hello
Please can you kindly recommend a hospital in Abuja for medicals that has quick service.. Thanks

Hello,

Kindly note that delay is normal. But I would advice you book medicals and get it done and send to IRCC so you don't delay your application the more. Medicals has expiration of 1year, so you have nothing to loose by doing it early. Available dates are getting scarce

For Canada immigration , IRCC have designated clinics for medicals, which are:

IOM - Located only in Lagos and Abuja
Q-life - Located only in Lagos

Any medicals you do outside these aforementioned clinic is not valid for Canada Study Visa Application or anything that has to do with Canada immigration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 10:13am On Dec 04, 2022
Please does VFS Abuja have a functional email address?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lentomac: 10:23am On Dec 04, 2022
gud4real:
. thanks alot. Can you recommend Post graduate diploma/certificate programmes for a graduate of psychology?
Try check this link

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/729#114153901

Credits to Lekiboboe , I miss that honorable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 10:23am On Dec 04, 2022
Thanks, pls direct link to their website.. thanks
amila20042001:
Check out Ethiopian airlines, it's affordable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by organza(m): 10:25am On Dec 04, 2022
Thanks
lentomac:

Please doesn't a student under 18 need medicals because I saw this when I wanted to book appointment?

For Canada immigration , IRCC have designated clinics for medicals, which are:

IOM - Located only in Lagos and Abuja
Q-life - Located only in Lagos

Any medicals you do outside these aforementioned clinic is not valid for Canada Study Visa Application or anything that has to do with Canada immigration.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thug: 10:31am On Dec 04, 2022
Please I want to make application payment for university of Saskatchewan, what kind of card can I use or virtual card or any other options. Am confused at this point. Pls na help I need
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2022
Ishola2002:
I don't know how to do that bro, I am even thinking of getting an agent cos I don't know how to go about that I mean compressing my documents to 2mb

It’s quite straightforward. Once you have compiled your documents in Microsoft Word, save the document as word. Then save another copy as pdf.

Then go to https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf to compress the file. Make sure after compression, you open the document and ensure what is inside is still readable. If not then you begin removing some documents you consider less important.

Or move them to the additional document section since Proof of Funds and Consent Personal Information is where you’d have the most important documents

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2022
KimberleyNl:
Good morning everyone, please kindly help, what is the Tuition deposit for Canadore college? Also can I use unofficial transcripts to apply?
2,400CAD. It would be stated in you LOA once Canadore College grants you admission.
You can use your transcript gotten for your uni. I guess it should be stamped. Mine was stamped.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

Uptil now i havent seen any airfare less than 2m... e tire me.. abeg incase u see..quote me my sister

Check Qatar and Ethiopian. You’ll get for around 1.3M or less

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2022
Wealthh:

Please some should reply me I’m begging
URGENT pls
URGENT Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2022
Wealthh:
Good morning guys,I checked my portal just now and I noticed ircc sent me LOA after one year of waiting...but my concern is I saw the request late..Requirements overdue since Nov 29...please can I still send them? I’m seriously scared right now
URGENT PLS�
URGENT PLEASE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 10:44am On Dec 04, 2022
Ketima:

Hello,

Just keep sending mails/webforms and order gcms note to help you understand the stage of your application while you pray for speedy decison.

At this point, there is nothing much you can do than as stated above.

All the best.
I sent in an application on 3rd October and did biometrics on 6th Oct. No request for medicals yet and my college arrival/orientation date is 26th December( to start 1st week in January). Do you think I should disturb IRCC with mails?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 10:44am On Dec 04, 2022
amila20042001:
Ok, it's recognising your IP address as someone domiciled in UAE. Ask someone in Nigeria to assist you with the booking.
First I need flight to return to Nigeria before leaving for Canada, from UAE to Nigeria is quoted in dirham but from Nigeria to Canada is in naira,
Can you assist me with the UAE to abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by organza(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2022
Please doesn't a student under 18 need medicals because I wanted to book appointment but am seeing this
organza:
Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 10:47am On Dec 04, 2022
amila20042001:
Ok, it's recognising your IP address as someone domiciled in UAE. Ask someone in Nigeria to assist you with the booking.
First I need flight to return to Nigeria before leaving for Canada, from UAE to Nigeria is quoted in dirham but from Nigeria to Canada is in naira,
Can you assist me with the UAE to abuja?
Also all flights from abuja to Moncton from 900k and above between 31st Dec and 5th January, one way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 10:51am On Dec 04, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

Same here o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2022
jaydave:
Nawa oo.. na on October we dey discuss dis ticket tin on this thread and booking den for Jan flight date on qatar airways was 715k for return ticket …and now to book na 2m …. Wahala !!!
And seems Qatar doesn't have any flight early January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jnsionu4: 10:56am On Dec 04, 2022
Jnsionu4:
Good evening guys, I just received my correspondence letter and a request to submit my passport to VFS. How do I go about it?

Please guys do I have to book an appointment with VFS Abuja to submit my Passport or I can just go there without appointment and submit it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Klare(f): 11:02am On Dec 04, 2022
Please i need help locating a registered agency with fashawe college in nigeria.

With what i saw on their application page i cant apply without passing through an agent.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KimberleyNl: 11:04am On Dec 04, 2022
Thanks boss. It is stamped too. Incase of Visa delay, how much is refundable? And how many times can we defer admission please?
ChiPromise:

2,400CAD. It would be stated in you LOA once Canadore College grants you admission.
You can use your transcript gotten for your uni. I guess it should be stamped. Mine was stamped.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 11:07am On Dec 04, 2022
So nobody could deem it fit to answer my question here....that’s bad anyway
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akelvin51: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2022
gaeul:
Those resuming January, which flight did you book? These 2m + is too much..
I’m resuming January and I booked KLM, one layover in Amsterdam, no transit visa required and I paid a total of $1800
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2022
moruff77:
Hello everyone, please I need your help. I just got my LOA and I want 2 start my application. Pls where do I start? Wat should I do first?.
Secondly should I go for my up front medicals b4 I start my application?
Thirdly, pls I need someone 2 guide me through d entire application process abeg.

please how long did it take you to get your letter of acceptance after tuition deposit payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 11:16am On Dec 04, 2022
They have. In October when we were discussing bout ticket prices on this thread , I checked qatar for Jan 3 and return June 30 , surprisingly the fare was jus 715k then … what skyrocketed the price now is baffling . @predator188 u still remba right ?
Ojb555666:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 11:17am On Dec 04, 2022
In your question u said ircc sent LOA .. it’s confusing bro . How come ircc sent a letter of acceptance instead of school
Wealthh:

URGENT PLEASE

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 11:22am On Dec 04, 2022
gaeul:
Those resuming January, which flight did you book? These 2m + is too much..

For how many people, lol and when in January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2022
jaydave:
They have. In October when we were discussing bout ticket prices on this thread , I checked qatar for Jan 3 and return June 30 , surprisingly the fare was jus 715k then … what skyrocketed the price now is baffling . @profgordon u still remba right ?

Yes I remember, ticket prices are driven by closeness to travel date and seats remaining, there is a stupid algorithm that does that comparing prices with other airlines and seats availability. So when sure of your Visa always go ahead and book your flight. Book a return ticket as it is cheaper with then return leg fully refundable option chosen. After you arrive you cancel the return and collect your money.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2022
This is qatar airways site I jus checked now ..there is 767k ticket from Lagos to Winnipeg inclusive of 2 stops one in Doha and Montreal, total flight duration is about 45hrs …
You ppl should know ticket price pumps and dumps like crypto , keep checking d site till u see cheap fare and buy it asap. But rn, I gues this 767k is cheap .. the 2.6m u are seeing on d screenshot for oda dates are only business fare not economy
Ojb555666:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wealthh: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2022
jaydave:
In your question u said ircc sent LOA .. it’s confusing bro . How come ircc sent a letter of acceptance instead of school
This what they sent to me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lentomac: 11:32am On Dec 04, 2022
Hello guys, is there any Canadian University that waives application fee for graduate school application like some USA universities?

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.