Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1240981 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Okudi23: 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2022
HopefulSuccess:
Did you do your test at IOM?
Please how did you go about booking your medical appointment? I have been having difficulty booking on their website due to glitches. I have sent an email with documents attached but I haven't gotten a response from IOM since Friday Morning. Even sent an email update this morning, it was only a generic response I got. Q-life also doesn't have available dates and I have emailed them too.

you should try getting someone to do it for you. No be everything you go too stress yourself my dear. My medical was scheduled for 30th,but I did it on 21st. Nine days earlier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2022
Deejom07:
Congratulations once again bro,

Go and succeed.

thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Okudi23: 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2022
johnstan:

I sent my ppt to VFSLagos cos that's where I did my biometrics, VFS Lagos sent it to Abuja by themselves. I no send dem message
heard Abuja is the fastest and all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thelz: 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2022
Okudi23:
breaking news. It is PPR. Guys my PPR don land. I no fit shout! First time applicant

Congratulations dear.. land of Canada will favour you . God will do it for me too. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2022
Okudi23:
heard Abuja is the fastest and all.

Yea apparently.
I was not ready to pay for the DHL service and additional transmission fee to Abuja so I left it to VFS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by orgx: 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
johnstan:

If the fast track program and the 3 yrs program are both undergraduate diploma programs then your waec transcript (original certificate) should suffice.
If any of them is a graduate diploma then you will need your university transcript.

Both programs are fine and would avail you PGWP of at least 2 yrs

The fast track program which is 2 years requires a university transcript, sir. For the 3years diploma which requires only waec, I was thinking wouldn't the immigration office negatively consider my age, degree, and the fact that it's a post-secondary diploma which is also lower than my degree. I'm still confused sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2022
ShowYoung:

years.

Scholarship is a good evidence and explanation. VOs don't know or accept you don't have a mean of paying for subsequent years.

If you explain you depend on working to finance your education, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

I will be willing to learn if you can show me a good number of people who got visa from Nigeria without providing good explanation or evidence on how they would pay subsequent years' tuition fees.

If you present any "paparazzi' as POF, you also get 'paparazzi' in your visa application decision. Although I don't know what you mean by 'paparazzi.'
While it is easier to provide evidence of and explanation on how to pay subsequent years' tuition fees, the rate of acceptance is quite low for Nigerians. This is why it is advisable to provide and show the tuition fee for subsequent years.
This bolded part of ur initial comment is my bone of contention . The acceptance rate is quite low . So what else shd we do , shd we make d payment of subsequent years instead of showing proof and explanation of how it will be paid ? …lol… na y I say dis ppl don deal with a lot of applications, dem knw our intentions, even show dem proofs of ow subsequent years will be paid beyond their expectations inasmuch u no make d payment down or move d money to a GIC , dem knw say na hustle or scholarship u wan rely on to meet d expenses…lol…. So d acceptance rate being low for Nigerians is more dan weda u shw dem proof of subsequent years or not .
Ofcourse I’m not sayin u shd tell dem ur subsequent years will be paid by working in Canada..hell no..lol grin .. d bfast wey dem go serve u go hot if u do so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2022
orgx:

The fast track program which is 2 years requires a university transcript, sir. For the 3years diploma which requires only waec, I was thinking wouldn't the immigration office negatively consider my age, degree, and the fact that it's a post-secondary diploma which is also lower than my degree. I'm still confused sir

Your age and previous degree would not be a challenge except if you fail to do justice with your SOP. Someone over 40 yrs was approved in the thread before this.

Explain on your SOP the reasons why you chose the course, let the course be related to your previous study or current working experience and you will be fine.
Remember that the longer your program duration, the more POF you will need, so choose wisely.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eje18(f): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2022
Seyitorl2:
Good day. house.

My application was submitted in August and it still shows that application status has remained "IS STILL IN PROGRESS" for all categories, except for the biometrics which I did in August

My Medical was done on 16th of September. and it still Nothing. I am concerned.

My admission has been deffred to May 2023.

August what date applicant. please if I may ask
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by borryworld: 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2022
I want to do an upfront medical for my study and Spousal work permit. What is the procedure and documents, or forms required to be completed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:58pm On Dec 05, 2022
SimpleasABC:

No that what I'm trying to say,I discovered that the session is for people that there courses require a co-op work.but I think my course dont require co-op,because I mailed my school when I saw it and they said I only need my admission letter.so I screenshot and pdf the response and upload it.

Then I think in your application, you ticked “yes” work is an essential part of your study that was why they requested for it.

Well you have submitted the screenshot, but believe you me that’s not the reason for delay, some people even wait for about 7 months before they get a decision.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:00am On Dec 06, 2022
Okudi23:
breaking news. It is PPR. Guys my PPR don land. I no fit shout! First time applicant

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:04am On Dec 06, 2022
ehiremen2002:
Hello house, have we been able to confirm the best portal for student application.

New portal or the old one, is there any difference

The old portal allows you to apply for yourself and maybe accompanying spouse from the same portal but the new portal can’t. So even if you use the new portal to get your visa, you’ll still come back to the old one to apply for your spouse.

The old one can take document size of up to about 4mb but the new one is just 2mb. So based on the size of your document, you take your decision.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:09am On Dec 06, 2022
jaydave:

This bolded part of ur initial comment is my bone of contention . The acceptance rate is quite low . So what else shd we do , shd we make d payment of subsequent years instead of showing proof and explanation of how it will be paid ? …lol… na y I say dis ppl don deal with a lot of applications, dem knw our intentions, even show dem proofs of ow subsequent years will be paid beyond their expectations inasmuch u no make d payment down or move d money to a GIC , dem knw say na hustle or scholarship u wan rely on to meet d expenses…lol…. So d acceptance rate being low for Nigerians is more dan weda u shw dem proof of subsequent years or not .
Ofcourse I’m not sayin u shd tell dem ur subsequent years will be paid by working in Canada..hell no..lol grin .. d bfast wey dem go serve u go hot if u do so

I quite understand you.

Showing funds in applicant's or sponsor account is enough evidence. You don't necessarily need to buy GIC or pay when the school has not asked for it.

VOs do not assume what your intention is without demonstrable evidence to back it up. This is why they created some metrics (Eligibility Criteria) to determine approval or refusal. Even if you have ulterior motive, but you have your applications prepared well and prove beyond reasonable doubts that you are a bonafide student, VOs have no option than to approve your application.

Breakfast is due to one or more reasons. On reapplication, if addressed competently and all eligibility criteria are taken care off, applications are always approved.

The low acceptance rate for Nigerians that I am talking about is about not readily having subsequent years' tuition fees or strong evidence but give explanations instead. Some Nigerians have done this successfully but the rate of success is low. VOs don't take explanations without evidence.

I hope you understand me clearly now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 1:14am On Dec 06, 2022
He can..he can send whatever via webform
Olayinkaji:

Once you submit, you have to wait for a decision. Not sure you can make changes regarding the finances again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 1:16am On Dec 06, 2022
I got something like this too when I ordered for gcms.
No proof of income and savings..I just sent them a fixed deposit certificate via webform..I invested in fixed deposit ..so you may want to convert your crypto
Fredba:
Still under processing

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 1:18am On Dec 06, 2022
Secondary or primary office?
Thomsyne:

Ottawa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iddynoble: 1:35am On Dec 06, 2022
danherb:
Who is going to Niagara College Toronto for May intake. Pls let's discuss?
I just got the admission 4 days ago. I need advice on what to do next. Pls let discuss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 4:55am On Dec 06, 2022
Okudi23:
you should try getting someone to do it for you. No be everything you go too stress yourself my dear. My medical was scheduled for 30th,but I did it on 21st. Nine days earlier
Pls how did you go about yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TheGamePlay: 6:44am On Dec 06, 2022
Please how long does it take to get your letter of introduction in your portal after PPR. Also which link should I use to send webforms for my LOI, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Matt121212: 6:46am On Dec 06, 2022
Okudi23:
please can I chat you up sir?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 6:48am On Dec 06, 2022
Okudi23:

Congrats. Pls don't forget to drop your timeline

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 7:21am On Dec 06, 2022
Who can answer this please?
TheGamePlay:
Please how long does it take to get your letter of introduction in your portal after PPR. Also which link should I use to send webforms for my LOI, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2022
Okay. And you showed pof when you submitted your application because I did?

Creativebelle:
I got something like this too when I ordered for gcms.
No proof of income and savings..I just sent them a fixed deposit certificate via webform..I invested in fixed deposit ..so you may want to convert your crypto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thelz: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2022
Please is there any direct email for Ottawa office ..so I can add them to the list of offices to disturb..�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 7:35am On Dec 06, 2022
Good morning gurus, I'm preparing to reapply for student visa by January 2023. My school resumption date is May 2023. I was refused on Nov 28. But as the applicant I felt I should include my own statement account.

Pls how much did you think I can send to my account?

Won't this payments raise suspicions?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CornOak(m): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2022
Adeoti2:

July 15
Medical request November 1
Medical passed November 30 my spouse's medical was passed December 1

Your PPR will drop this week. Congratulations in advance to your family. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wahab200148: 8:14am On Dec 06, 2022
Please who else have the same issue, have submitted my passport since first week of November, but till now is still showing your passport has been processed to canada visa office on 17/11/12

And those that we submitted together have get their passport back from 1 week ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 8:37am On Dec 06, 2022
Creativebelle:
Secondary or primary office?

Primary. Secondary Office became Nairobi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2022
Yhn1:

This is dowmpage of bvl

Not Nairobi for me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2022
Thelz:

Any email for this ..so we can also send emails to them as well.

So I checked and found these in my box CIC-Edmonton@cic.gc.ca and CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca although I got an error message when I sent to that second one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.